Two Plus Two Publishing LLC
Two Plus Two Publishing LLC
 

Go Back   Two Plus Two Poker Forums > > >

Notices

Winning Poker Network Sponsored Support forum for AmericasCardroom, BlackChip Poker, and Truepoker.

 
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-13-2018, 10:23 PM   #1
dsuds
grinder
 
Join Date: Jan 2015
Posts: 496
Can't get new update

Tried downloading the new update on my ACR client, and receive the message: "AmericasCardroom is already installed. Do you want to uninstall AmericasCardoom?"

Doesn't matter if I hit yes or no, b/c nothing comes up after I hit either.

I did have the ModManiac Stars mod on, which I used the restore utility for, but nothing worked. I've deleted that and the ACR client numerous times now on the computer and tried a fresh install, but nothing seems to work.

Any help?
dsuds is offline  
Old 02-14-2018, 12:44 AM   #2
z00ted
enthusiast
 
z00ted's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2016
Posts: 53
Re: Can't get new update

It's happened to me as well, delete the folder entirely in your C: drive and then reset.
z00ted is offline  
Old 02-14-2018, 01:54 PM   #3
WPN_REP
Winning Poker Network Rep
 
WPN_REP's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2013
Posts: 457
Re: Can't get new update

Hello! Let me know if you were able to access the poker application, if not please tell me so I can help.
WPN_REP is offline  
Old 02-14-2018, 08:31 PM   #4
Bats
centurion
 
Join Date: Jun 2005
Location: Donkville
Posts: 199
Re: Can't get new update

I'm having the same or similar problem. America's Cardroom has always checked for a new version when I open it, but starting early this week when it updated, it wouldn't open. Instead, it checked for an update, seemed to install it, but wouldn't open. Instead it kept checking for an update, installing, then doing the same thing over and over. I totally uninstalled the program, then went to Americascardroom.com and re-installed. It doesn't want to install at all. Very frustrating.
Bats is offline  
Old 02-15-2018, 01:50 AM   #5
CtrlxAltyDelz
newbie
 
Join Date: Apr 2015
Posts: 34
Re: Can't get new update

Having issues w/ ACR client ... uninstalled and downloaded again, but after the client opens I can see tables but have no control and cannot open tabs/links/cashier ... I remember always having to click out of a spash screen, but now the pop-up never appears.

Does the client require a plugin (ie flash) to work properly? Tried reinstalling flash but could not get anything to work.
CtrlxAltyDelz is offline  
Old 02-15-2018, 11:44 PM   #6
Double Down
veteran
 
Join Date: Oct 2003
Location: Studio City, CA
Posts: 2,401
Re: Can't get new update

I just posted this is the players issue thread and then saw this thread, which I believe may be related to my issue. Here is the post:

Having a major technical issue. I tried to login today, and when the loading screen finished, the following message was displayed:

"AmericasCardroom.exe- bad Image

C:\AmericasCardroom\dbghelp.dll is either not designed to run on Windows or it contains an erroe. Try installing the program again using the original installation media or contact your system administrator or the software vendor for support."

I uninstalled the software and re-downloaded. The software opened this time without issue, and I played for a couple hours. Then I closed the client, and decided to try opening it again just to make sure that the problem was gone. And sure enough, I encountered the same exact issue.

I spoke with customer support, who obviously had no knowledge to offer about this specific file other than to say that it could be that my computer has a virus, and they suggested running CCleaner, and then uninstalling and reinstalling the software. I did that just now, and the same thing happened. I was able to log in, but then after closing the client, could not reopen, and the same error message appeared. HELP!!!!

One more thing: both times today that I downloaded the software and installed it, it took over two hours from clicking install to the client opening.

There is nothing wrong with my computer, and I haven't even used it the past couple of days. So nothing has been changed, or downloaded, etc. It is my understanding that there was a software update on Tuesday night. Could it be that there is some kind of bug in the update that is making this happen?


Could this be related to other issues people are having running the client since the software update? I noticed some people have been mentioning that the cashier won't load, and I also noticed this during the times that I was able to access the software.
Double Down is offline  
Old 02-15-2018, 11:47 PM   #7
allin1972
enthusiast
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Posts: 91
Re: Can't get new update

Quote:
Originally Posted by Double Down View Post
I just posted this is the players issue thread and then saw this thread, which I believe may be related to my issue. Here is the post:

Having a major technical issue. I tried to login today, and when the loading screen finished, the following message was displayed:

"AmericasCardroom.exe- bad Image

C:\AmericasCardroom\dbghelp.dll is either not designed to run on Windows or it contains an erroe. Try installing the program again using the original installation media or contact your system administrator or the software vendor for support."

I uninstalled the software and re-downloaded. The software opened this time without issue, and I played for a couple hours. Then I closed the client, and decided to try opening it again just to make sure that the problem was gone. And sure enough, I encountered the same exact issue.

I spoke with customer support, who obviously had no knowledge to offer about this specific file other than to say that it could be that my computer has a virus, and they suggested running CCleaner, and then uninstalling and reinstalling the software. I did that just now, and the same thing happened. I was able to log in, but then after closing the client, could not reopen, and the same error message appeared. HELP!!!!

One more thing: both times today that I downloaded the software and installed it, it took over two hours from clicking install to the client opening.

There is nothing wrong with my computer, and I haven't even used it the past couple of days. So nothing has been changed, or downloaded, etc. It is my understanding that there was a software update on Tuesday night. Could it be that there is some kind of bug in the update that is making this happen?


Could this be related to other issues people are having running the client since the software update? I noticed some people have been mentioning that the cashier won't load, and I also noticed this during the times that I was able to access the software.
I am having this exact same issue..support has been zero help..running windows 10 fwiw
allin1972 is offline  
Old 02-16-2018, 01:17 AM   #8
Double Down
veteran
 
Join Date: Oct 2003
Location: Studio City, CA
Posts: 2,401
Re: Can't get new update

Quote:
Originally Posted by allin1972 View Post
I am having this exact same issue..support has been zero help..running windows 10 fwiw
Windows 10 for me too.
Double Down is offline  
Old 02-16-2018, 03:19 AM   #9
noob_lurk
enthusiast
 
Join Date: Jun 2016
Posts: 68
Re: Can't get new update

Quote:
Originally Posted by Double Down View Post
I just posted this is the players issue thread and then saw this thread, which I believe may be related to my issue. Here is the post:

Having a major technical issue. I tried to login today, and when the loading screen finished, the following message was displayed:

"AmericasCardroom.exe- bad Image

C:\AmericasCardroom\dbghelp.dll is either not designed to run on Windows or it contains an erroe. Try installing the program again using the original installation media or contact your system administrator or the software vendor for support."

I uninstalled the software and re-downloaded. The software opened this time without issue, and I played for a couple hours. Then I closed the client, and decided to try opening it again just to make sure that the problem was gone. And sure enough, I encountered the same exact issue.

I spoke with customer support, who obviously had no knowledge to offer about this specific file other than to say that it could be that my computer has a virus, and they suggested running CCleaner, and then uninstalling and reinstalling the software. I did that just now, and the same thing happened. I was able to log in, but then after closing the client, could not reopen, and the same error message appeared. HELP!!!!

One more thing: both times today that I downloaded the software and installed it, it took over two hours from clicking install to the client opening.

There is nothing wrong with my computer, and I haven't even used it the past couple of days. So nothing has been changed, or downloaded, etc. It is my understanding that there was a software update on Tuesday night. Could it be that there is some kind of bug in the update that is making this happen?


Could this be related to other issues people are having running the client since the software update? I noticed some people have been mentioning that the cashier won't load, and I also noticed this during the times that I was able to access the software.
Same error message... every reinstall allows me to open/close client once before it fatally updates.

Still not fixed.

I looked for the dbghelp.dll file, but it doesn't appear to be on my hard drive.
noob_lurk is offline  
Old 02-16-2018, 10:43 AM   #10
allin1972
enthusiast
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Posts: 91
Re: Can't get new update

Quote:
Originally Posted by noob_lurk View Post
Same error message... every reinstall allows me to open/close client once before it fatally updates.

Still not fixed.

I looked for the dbghelp.dll file, but it doesn't appear to be on my hard drive.
The client wont even open after a fresh install now for me...
allin1972 is offline  
Old 02-17-2018, 03:24 AM   #11
CtrlxAltyDelz
newbie
 
Join Date: Apr 2015
Posts: 34
Re: Can't get new update

I can open the client and navigate just fine, but as soon as I enter email and password to logon it locks up and I can't do anything.

FWIW, tried opening the client on Windows 7 laptop and it worked fine...must be some bug with Windows 10 OS after the latest super buggy updates.

Is there anything WPN technical support can do to help?
CtrlxAltyDelz is offline  
Old 02-17-2018, 07:15 PM   #12
Double Down
veteran
 
Join Date: Oct 2003
Location: Studio City, CA
Posts: 2,401
Re: Can't get new update

Quote:
Originally Posted by CtrlxAltyDelz View Post
I can open the client and navigate just fine, but as soon as I enter email and password to logon it locks up and I can't do anything.

FWIW, tried opening the client on Windows 7 laptop and it worked fine...must be some bug with Windows 10 OS after the latest super buggy updates.

Is there anything WPN technical support can do to help?
Their technical support department is as existent as their security department and the Easter bunny.
Double Down is offline  

 
      

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off


Forum Jump


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 08:28 PM.


Powered by vBulletin®
Copyright ©2000 - 2018, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Copyright © 2008-2017, Two Plus Two Interactive
 
 
Poker Players - Streaming Live Online