Two Plus Two Publishing LLC
Two Plus Two Publishing LLC
 

Go Back   Two Plus Two Poker Forums > > >

Notices

Winning Poker Network Sponsored Support forum for AmericasCardroom, BlackChip Poker, and Truepoker.

 
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-19-2015, 08:36 PM   #601
balenciaga
banned
 
balenciaga's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Location: NYC south of houston
Posts: 74
Re: Bitcoin Deposits and Withdraws

Quote:
Originally Posted by glutenfree View Post
It's not instant with these 2. Since it's Wednesday now the "or so" is important... circ is 3-5 business days. 5 business days ago is last Thursday, so you may just need to wait a day or so more.
credit unions and circle have problems especially a saving account. i spent 3 weeks trying and then they told me
balenciaga is offline  
Old 08-20-2015, 01:09 AM   #602
pokemonmaster2000
centurion
 
Join Date: Jun 2014
Posts: 170
Re: Bitcoin Deposits and Withdraws

Quote:
Originally Posted by EndTheFed View Post
^ All of this.

Depending on what state you live in, you can use Coinbase or Circle as your bitcoin exchange to buy and sell. They attach to your bank account like PayPal or other e-wallets.

Then you want to set up your own separate bitcoin wallet... I'd recommend Blockchain.info. They have a FAQ page that answers some basic bitcoin questions and explains how to use the wallet.

https://blockchain.info/wallet/bitcoin-faq

To deposit to WPN you will send bitcoin from your Coinbase/Circle account to a newly created address in your Blockchain.info wallet. Then send from there to your WPN deposit address.

To withdraw you just do the opposite... create a new address in your Blockchain.info wallet and give that to WPN. After they've processed the withdrawal you send it to your Coinbase/Circle account and sell the bitcoin.

Coinbase/Circle -> Blockchain.info wallet -> WPN

WPN -> Blockchain.info wallet -> Coinbase/Circle

The money should be in your bank account within 1-3 business days.

Coinbase charges a 1% fee, Circle has no fee.
Forgive me for bumping such an old post, but this part is confusing to me....as I have not ever had a "newly created" address that I send to from Circle to Blockchain. I haven't had trouble depositing, but I am just saying that each time, it has given me the same address each time on my blockchain account to paste into my Cirle account and receive money to deposit onto WPN.

I want to make a cashout tomorrow for the first time, and I don't want to miss out on some crucial process of getting blockchain or circle to generate a "newly created address" to transfer bitcoin from. Is that what you have to somehow do?
pokemonmaster2000 is offline  
Old 08-20-2015, 02:04 PM   #603
doctavius
centurion
 
Join Date: Aug 2013
Posts: 106
Re: Bitcoin Deposits and Withdraws

Hopefully someone can clarify this for me. I just bought bitcoin to deposit using coinbase.

It says my bitcoin wont be in the wallet until august 26! A week from today! I've made a couple sales to my bank account that took 1-2 days at most.

Is this normal for a bitcoin buy? Seems really sucky to me. Cant play poker till next week.

If i knew it took a week i would have deposited directly using my bankcard.

EDIT. Dont see any way to cancel this transaction... any help?
doctavius is offline  
Old 08-20-2015, 02:20 PM   #604
ItsOnlyChips
veteran
 
ItsOnlyChips's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2003
Location: Alberta, Canada @Its0nlyChips
Posts: 2,230
Re: Bitcoin Deposits and Withdraws

Quote:
Originally Posted by pokemonmaster2000 View Post
Forgive me for bumping such an old post, but this part is confusing to me....as I have not ever had a "newly created" address that I send to from Circle to Blockchain. I haven't had trouble depositing, but I am just saying that each time, it has given me the same address each time on my blockchain account to paste into my Cirle account and receive money to deposit onto WPN.

I want to make a cashout tomorrow for the first time, and I don't want to miss out on some crucial process of getting blockchain or circle to generate a "newly created address" to transfer bitcoin from. Is that what you have to somehow do?
for blockchain: under receive money, click the new address button

for circle a new address is auto generated each time
ItsOnlyChips is offline  
Old 08-20-2015, 04:04 PM   #605
pokemonmaster2000
centurion
 
Join Date: Jun 2014
Posts: 170
Re: Bitcoin Deposits and Withdraws

Ok, I sent to my Blockchain from WPN to a newly created bitcoin address in my blockchain account.

I guess I'm just curious why it was necessary to create a new one instead of using the same one I used to deposit onto WPN as well as receive from Circle.
pokemonmaster2000 is offline  
Old 08-23-2015, 11:26 PM   #606
A_Junglen
Pooh-Bah
 
A_Junglen's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2005
Posts: 5,880
Re: Bitcoin Deposits and Withdraws

Withdrawal request sent 6pm Saturday hit blockchain 1pm Sunday. Now waiting on circle. So far so good.
A_Junglen is offline  
Old 08-24-2015, 06:42 PM   #607
Jim__Beam
banned
 
Join Date: Aug 2015
Posts: 6
Re: Bitcoin Deposits and Withdraws

Quote:
Originally Posted by doctavius View Post
Hopefully someone can clarify this for me. I just bought bitcoin to deposit using coinbase.

It says my bitcoin wont be in the wallet until august 26! A week from today! I've made a couple sales to my bank account that took 1-2 days at most.

Is this normal for a bitcoin buy? Seems really sucky to me. Cant play poker till next week.

If i knew it took a week i would have deposited directly using my bankcard.

EDIT. Dont see any way to cancel this transaction... any help?
Yeah thats a HUGE downside to coinbase, they hold your money for a week until they are 100% certain that it clears and then they give you BTC. I think you can overcome this by registering a credit card (an actual CC, not just a debit) with them.

As for the existing transaction, my understanding is that there is no way whatsoever to cancel that since they technically "buy" the BTC as soon as your order is in
Jim__Beam is offline  
Old 08-25-2015, 07:37 PM   #608
quaid745
grinder
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Location: AKA Johnny3600 on FTP
Posts: 463
Re: Bitcoin Deposits and Withdraws

anyone had experience with localbitcoins.com? I'm trying out a test trade for .5 btc to see how it goes, people are buying for more than market rates...
quaid745 is offline  
Old 08-26-2015, 03:33 AM   #609
iPlayPLOhigh
banned
 
iPlayPLOhigh's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2013
Location: Right near the beach BOOOOY
Posts: 4,533
Re: Bitcoin Deposits and Withdraws

Quote:
Originally Posted by quaid745 View Post
anyone had experience with localbitcoins.com? I'm trying out a test trade for .5 btc to see how it goes, people are buying for more than market rates...
I've used it, just be careful who you deal with. Like the market place here, try to use reputable members.
iPlayPLOhigh is offline  
Old 08-26-2015, 05:01 PM   #610
WSPreadHead
old hand
 
WSPreadHead's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2010
Location: Papa Johnny Road
Posts: 1,203
Re: Bitcoin Deposits and Withdraws

processed BTC withdrawal today at 7:00a (est)... will update when received

** received at 5:00p **

Last edited by WSPreadHead; 08-26-2015 at 05:16 PM.
WSPreadHead is offline  
Old 08-27-2015, 06:14 PM   #611
keno296
newbie
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
Posts: 24
Re: Bitcoin Deposits and Withdraws

Just signed up for Bitcoin and requested a test withdrawal. Hoping all goes well (fingers crossed).
keno296 is offline  
Old 08-28-2015, 11:01 AM   #612
A_Junglen
Pooh-Bah
 
A_Junglen's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2005
Posts: 5,880
Re: Bitcoin Deposits and Withdraws

Quote:
Originally Posted by A_Junglen View Post
Withdrawal request sent 6pm Saturday hit blockchain 1pm Sunday. Now waiting on circle. So far so good.
Since last post got initial wd to circle (3 days) and another wd to BC to circle in 2 days. Lost $7 on first wd made $40 on 2nd. A+
A_Junglen is offline  
Old 08-28-2015, 11:16 AM   #613
Max Cut
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Re: Bitcoin Deposits and Withdraws

Quote:
Originally Posted by A_Junglen View Post
Since last post got initial wd to circle (3 days) and another wd to BC to circle in 2 days. Lost $7 on first wd made $40 on 2nd. A+
Legend taking the time to report. <3

Great to see you playing, Adam (and apparently winning!) Always enjoyed your instructional videos at PVT.
 
Old 09-02-2015, 01:55 PM   #614
parisron
Carpal \'Tunnel
 
parisron's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Posts: 13,979
Re: Bitcoin Deposits and Withdraws

Attempting 1st time cash out with bitcoin, just a small amount to test the process.
Yesterday cashed out to blockchain, a few minutes ago the money/bitcoin was in my blockchain account, minus a few cents.

I tried to sent to my coinbase account, put the address in and the exact bitcoin amount which brought up the exact amount of value also and hit send. It said something about not enough in account because of miner fee or something and I could cancel or adjust. I hit adjust and it immediately beeped and my account was 0.

The transaction showed it was sent but it still says unconfirmed transaction in my blockchain acct for the initial money coming in and the money sent.

I checked coinbase and it shows the money was sent there but its pending and also it is higher than the amount i sent and slightly even higher than the amount of original cash out.

So, is everything good at this point and in a few hours it will be confirmed or was there problems along the way?


Update:
It all went thru and now its on the way to my bank.

Last edited by parisron; 09-02-2015 at 02:08 PM.
parisron is offline  
Old 09-02-2015, 04:42 PM   #615
MerginHosOn24s
adept
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Posts: 1,083
Re: Bitcoin Deposits and Withdraws

Quote:
Originally Posted by quaid745 View Post
anyone had experience with localbitcoins.com? I'm trying out a test trade for .5 btc to see how it goes, people are buying for more than market rates...

not sure about that site, but I had good experience with the "Liberty X" service www.libertyx.com although I haven't used it for several months now. very quick and easy.
MerginHosOn24s is offline  
Old 09-02-2015, 04:52 PM   #616
MerginHosOn24s
adept
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Posts: 1,083
Re: Bitcoin Deposits and Withdraws

Quote:
Originally Posted by pokemonmaster2000 View Post
Ok, I sent to my Blockchain from WPN to a newly created bitcoin address in my blockchain account.

I guess I'm just curious why it was necessary to create a new one instead of using the same one I used to deposit onto WPN as well as receive from Circle.

because Coinbase/Circle have made it clear they are not fans of gray area/illicit related transactions things like internet gambling etc....basically its a precaution that everyone takes because they value their ability to use bitcoin as a cashout method. they don't want to take any unnecessary risks that could jeopardize their own funds, or even worse, WPN's ability to offer this method to us at all.
MerginHosOn24s is offline  
Old 09-02-2015, 07:08 PM   #617
parisron
Carpal \'Tunnel
 
parisron's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Posts: 13,979
Re: Bitcoin Deposits and Withdraws

Quote:
Originally Posted by MerginHosOn24s View Post
because Coinbase/Circle have made it clear they are not fans of gray area/illicit related transactions things like internet gambling etc....basically its a precaution that everyone takes because they value their ability to use bitcoin as a cashout method. they don't want to take any unnecessary risks that could jeopardize their own funds, or even worse, WPN's ability to offer this method to us at all.
I will follow along with the protocol but it really is bs. Bitcoin was practically made for the dark web right? online poker isn't even near that realm and a company dealing in bitcoin is going to try to act high and mighty.
parisron is offline  
Old 09-02-2015, 09:34 PM   #618
TimM
Carpal \'Tunnel
 
TimM's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2004
Posts: 9,519
Re: Bitcoin Deposits and Withdraws

They aren't acting high and mighty. These companies are licensed money transmitters and attempting to comply with numerous state and federal laws.

https://www.coinbase.com/legal/licenses
https://www.circle.com/en/legal/licenses
TimM is online now  
Old 09-03-2015, 01:05 PM   #619
parisron
Carpal \'Tunnel
 
parisron's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Posts: 13,979
Re: Bitcoin Deposits and Withdraws

Money hit my bank 1st thing this morning. So about 40 hours after I started the cash out process.
parisron is offline  
Old 09-03-2015, 01:07 PM   #620
parisron
Carpal \'Tunnel
 
parisron's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Posts: 13,979
Re: Bitcoin Deposits and Withdraws

Quote:
Originally Posted by TimM View Post
They aren't acting high and mighty. These companies are licensed money transmitters and attempting to comply with numerous state and federal laws.

https://www.coinbase.com/legal/licenses
https://www.circle.com/en/legal/licenses
Coinbase doesn't have a listing for my state. Is that good or bad?
parisron is offline  
Old 09-03-2015, 01:13 PM   #621
TimM
Carpal \'Tunnel
 
TimM's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2004
Posts: 9,519
Re: Bitcoin Deposits and Withdraws

I don't know, mine isn't there either, but I use them all the time.
TimM is online now  
Old 09-03-2015, 01:37 PM   #622
timhardawyhatesu
Pooh-Bah
 
Join Date: May 2007
Posts: 4,199
Re: Bitcoin Deposits and Withdraws

How long does it take to get the coins when buying from Cirlce?
timhardawyhatesu is offline  
Old 09-06-2015, 08:12 PM   #623
Nitross
journeyman
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Location: Las Vegas
Posts: 373
Re: Bitcoin Deposits and Withdraws

Wow bitcoin is the nuts compared to trying to get my money off Merge.

Was able to create a blockchain and circle, then withdraw in the same day to my block chain hours after requesting the Withdraw.

overall the process from WPN--> wallet = hours
Wallet--->wallet = 30min~
Wallet---> bank 3~ business days I expect.
Nitross is offline  
Old 09-08-2015, 08:53 PM   #624
melinchile
adept
 
melinchile's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2014
Location: baja california norte
Posts: 776
Re: Bitcoin Deposits and Withdraws

greetings
i have been completing bitcoin deposits and withdrawals as suggested (bcp,blockchain,wallet) and am very glad for this to be offered !!!

a question though ..... on the client for bitcoin deposits there is no way to add a bonus code ??? would be great to have this , esp since there is the new reload bonus for the millys

thanks , meli
melinchile is offline  
Old 09-08-2015, 08:55 PM   #625
melinchile
adept
 
melinchile's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2014
Location: baja california norte
Posts: 776
Re: Bitcoin Deposits and Withdraws

Quote:
Originally Posted by timhardawyhatesu View Post
How long does it take to get the coins when buying from Cirlce?
depends on your bank , would venture at least three days though
much faster to use a debit/credit card
melinchile is offline  

 
      

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off


Forum Jump


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 06:00 PM.


Powered by vBulletin®
Copyright ©2000 - 2021, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Copyright 2008-2020, Two Plus Two Interactive