Two Plus Two Publishing LLC Two Plus Two Publishing LLC
 

Go Back   Two Plus Two Poker Forums > >

Other Poker Games Disscussion of other poker games such as badugi, draw, triple-draw, etc.

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-28-2011, 07:59 PM   #26
UnderTheSun
enthusiast
 
Join Date: Nov 2010
Posts: 63
Re: Double Holdem No Limit. We really really need more players there.

I mean, by putting it in front yes...would be interesting to see it being played in public, casinos, tournaments, etc
UnderTheSun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2011, 02:50 AM   #27
tringlomane
veteran
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Posts: 2,571
Re: Double Holdem No Limit. We really really need more players there.

Quote:
Originally Posted by centebakkie View Post
Playing now is dutchjunk : 15111 hands bb/100 -206.32 (lost $1116 on the 1/2 and 2/4 CENT tables)
He has days where he loses 20 stacks in 100 hands easy. But when luck is on his side he builds a massive stack of sometime up to 1200 bb.
Thats why its a profitably game
Sounds like you need players like him to move up. Asking the 2+2 Draw/Other Poker to play this game is definitely -EV. Since I'm American, you don't have to worry about me though.
tringlomane is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2011, 11:02 AM   #28
centebakkie
Pooh-Bah
 
centebakkie's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Location: ☯☮❄☣
Posts: 3,570
Re: Double Holdem No Limit. We really really need more players there.

Quote:
Originally Posted by whatwonder View Post
Can you tell me roughly the traffic at each limit from .5/1 to 2/4?
Everyday there are players on the lowest stakes tables. Couple times a day players on $10 and $25. And on most days there is at least 1 player on $100 and $200 waiting for action (which he does not always get). There are about 100 lowest stakes players and 10 high stakes players in my bd.
centebakkie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2011, 05:24 AM   #29
GregorPS
stranger
 
Join Date: Feb 2011
Posts: 4
Re: Double Holdem No Limit. We really really need more players there.

Quote:
Originally Posted by tringlomane View Post
Sounds like you need players like him to move up. Asking the 2+2 Draw/Other Poker to play this game is definitely -EV
This.
I don't think there's many bad players at 2+2 Draw poker forum..
GregorPS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2011, 02:17 PM   #30
UnderTheSun
enthusiast
 
Join Date: Nov 2010
Posts: 63
Re: Double Holdem No Limit. We really really need more players there.

There was a bit of action (and swearing) just before, lasting for about an hour: 2 full 10$ 6-max tables - EVERY hand AT LEAST 3-4 players going All-In. End result was someone netted over 500$.
UnderTheSun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2011, 03:44 PM   #31
centebakkie
Pooh-Bah
 
centebakkie's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Location: ☯☮❄☣
Posts: 3,570
Re: Double Holdem No Limit. We really really need more players there.

today Pavel_ is waiting for anybody up to the challenge. (not me, way out of my league).
centebakkie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2011, 04:07 PM   #32
gammoner
adept
 
gammoner's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: not at the tables
Posts: 857
Re: Double Holdem No Limit. We really really need more players there.

I actually think you would get a lot more takers in the NLHE forums.
gammoner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2011, 08:11 PM   #33
centebakkie
Pooh-Bah
 
centebakkie's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Location: ☯☮❄☣
Posts: 3,570
Re: Double Holdem No Limit. We really really need more players there.

On 2 days this week the $5 and $10 tables where visited by a few high rollers checking out the game. They didn't really seem to mind losing some $ on the micro limit tables just for the fun of it but unlucky for me i had to leave for dinner on both days so i missed out on the action.
But im sure they will return to spew some more.
centebakkie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2011, 10:59 PM   #34
tringlomane
veteran
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Posts: 2,571
Re: Double Holdem No Limit. We really really need more players there.

Quote:
Originally Posted by gammoner View Post
I actually think you would get a lot more takers in the NLHE forums.
I'd agree with this; I hang out here to get away from NLHE.
tringlomane is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2011, 03:36 PM   #35
centebakkie
Pooh-Bah
 
centebakkie's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Location: ☯☮❄☣
Posts: 3,570
Re: Double Holdem No Limit. We really really need more players there.

I am new to posting on forums. What you suggest i do. Post the same thread somewhere else to ?
centebakkie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2011, 06:32 PM   #36
Al Mirpuri
Pooh-Bah
 
Join Date: Feb 2003
Location: Narnia
Posts: 5,456
Re: Double Holdem No Limit. We really really need more players there.

Quote:
Originally Posted by centebakkie View Post
I am new to posting on forums. What you suggest i do. Post the same thread somewhere else to ?
Copy and paste your original post and paste it in each of the nlhe forums.
Al Mirpuri is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2011, 09:41 PM   #37
Buzz
gramps
 
Join Date: Sep 2002
Location: Los Angeles, California
Posts: 18,254
Re: Double Holdem No Limit. We really really need more players there.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Al Mirpuri View Post
Copy and paste your original post and paste it in each of the nlhe forums.
Hi Al.

Bad advice. (Sorry). centebakkie will be spamming if he does that.

I don't know where double hold 'em discussions belong. Here in this forum, I guess.

As I understand it, the game is played like Texas hold 'em, but you get dealt three cards, A, B, and C, which serve as two different two card Texas hold 'em hands. You choose one of the cards as your "point card" to be combined with the other two.

For example you might choose C as your "point card," and in that case, your two hands would be CA and CB. But not AB.

But then you don't have to use both cards, as in Omaha or Omaha-8. Instead, your options are to
• "play the board" (in other words, use all five board cards), in which case it doesn't matter which card you choose as your "point card,"
• use just one card from your three card hand together with four cards from the board, in which case again it doesn't matter which card you choose as your "point card," or
• use CA and CB (but not AB).

In the last case, if your three cards were a king, a queen, and a jack, you have to immediately decide not to use
• king-queen,
• king-jack, or
• queen-jack
together.

And if you opted to not use queen-jack together, and
• if then the board had two queens plus one jack, but no kings,
• or if the board had one queen plus two jacks, but no kings,
• or if the final board was A,K,T,2,7,
then you'd hate it that you had not chosen to use queen-jack together.
On the other hand, if it were one of your opponents who had made the wrong choice, you'd be delighted.

But at any rate, I don't think centebakkie wants to discuss strategy as much as he wants simply to promote the game.

And promoting something on nine different forums, even if you had no commercial interest in it, would amount to spamming. Spamming would get all centebakkie's posts deleted plus would get centebakkie barred from further posting. (Mods have a "one touch ban and clean" button for dealing with spammers). One of the mods from the no-limit forums or one of the administrators would catch the multiple posts and centebakkie would get instantly barred from further posting in 2+2 forums. (The idea is to keep 2+2 forums relatively free of spam).

Buzz
Buzz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2011, 02:38 AM   #38
Al Mirpuri
Pooh-Bah
 
Join Date: Feb 2003
Location: Narnia
Posts: 5,456
Re: Double Holdem No Limit. We really really need more players there.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Buzz View Post
Hi Al.

Bad advice. (Sorry). centebakkie will be spamming if he does that.

I don't know where double hold 'em discussions belong. Here in this forum, I guess.

As I understand it, the game is played like Texas hold 'em, but you get dealt three cards, A, B, and C, which serve as two different two card Texas hold 'em hands. You choose one of the cards as your "point card" to be combined with the other two.

For example you might choose C as your "point card," and in that case, your two hands would be CA and CB. But not AB.

But then you don't have to use both cards, as in Omaha or Omaha-8. Instead, your options are to
• "play the board" (in other words, use all five board cards), in which case it doesn't matter which card you choose as your "point card,"
• use just one card from your three card hand together with four cards from the board, in which case again it doesn't matter which card you choose as your "point card," or
• use CA and CB (but not AB).

In the last case, if your three cards were a king, a queen, and a jack, you have to immediately decide not to use
• king-queen,
• king-jack, or
• queen-jack
together.

And if you opted to not use queen-jack together, and
• if then the board had two queens plus one jack, but no kings,
• or if the board had one queen plus two jacks, but no kings,
• or if the final board was A,K,T,2,7,
then you'd hate it that you had not chosen to use queen-jack together.
On the other hand, if it were one of your opponents who had made the wrong choice, you'd be delighted.

But at any rate, I don't think centebakkie wants to discuss strategy as much as he wants simply to promote the game.

And promoting something on nine different forums, even if you had no commercial interest in it, would amount to spamming. Spamming would get all centebakkie's posts deleted plus would get centebakkie barred from further posting. (Mods have a "one touch ban and clean" button for dealing with spammers). One of the mods from the no-limit forums or one of the administrators would catch the multiple posts and centebakkie would get instantly barred from further posting in 2+2 forums. (The idea is to keep 2+2 forums relatively free of spam).

Buzz
Wow.

Thanks for your pots, Buzz.

It is complete and informative.
Al Mirpuri is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2011, 04:12 AM   #39
centebakkie
Pooh-Bah
 
centebakkie's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Location: ☯☮❄☣
Posts: 3,570
Re: Double Holdem No Limit. We really really need more players there.

Im a bit new to this forum posting. Thx for the advice. I do not want to be banned for spamming. Ill try to stay on this forum as this appears to be the better one.

Thx guys.
centebakkie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2011, 06:51 AM   #40
centebakkie
Pooh-Bah
 
centebakkie's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Location: ☯☮❄☣
Posts: 3,570
Re: Double Holdem No Limit. We really really need more players there.

Buzz you play double ? I can post lots of strategy advice.
Thx for the instrest.
centebakkie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2011, 05:21 PM   #41
UnderTheSun
enthusiast
 
Join Date: Nov 2010
Posts: 63
Re: Double Holdem No Limit. We really really need more players there.

To me it would be a blast if double holdem was played at live tables too. Cause that would be a game where i could really have an edge Btw, to those that will be starting this game - the only stage where a "problem" arises with this game is the first-second time where you figure out which hands are good and how is the point card picked. After that it's second nature - shame that's it's not promoted more, cause Party has a real rocker with this one.

It would be a great addition to the monotone world of holdem, imagine Negreanu picking a point card bwhahaha - will never happen but whatever
UnderTheSun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2011, 09:18 PM   #42
Buzz
gramps
 
Join Date: Sep 2002
Location: Los Angeles, California
Posts: 18,254
Re: Double Holdem No Limit. We really really need more players there.

Quote:
Originally Posted by centebakkie View Post
Buzz you play double ?
We have played it as part of a dealer's choice session, but not much.

Buzz
Buzz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2011, 05:05 AM   #43
Al Mirpuri
Pooh-Bah
 
Join Date: Feb 2003
Location: Narnia
Posts: 5,456
Re: Double Holdem No Limit. We really really need more players there.

If this game was promoted more and exploded in terms of its popularity with all the name players taking it up then whatever edge exists in the game right now would disappear as numerous books (including 2+2's very own, Double Hold'em No Limit For Advanced Players) would show all the fish how it should be played.

Then someone would come along touting a great new game: Triple Hold'em No Limit and the cycle would begin all over again.
Al Mirpuri is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2011, 10:02 AM   #44
frasky
centurion
 
frasky's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Posts: 157
Re: Double Holdem No Limit. We really really need more players there.

I just tried it. It's great fun. Too bad it's not running enough.
frasky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2011, 03:56 PM   #45
realsheesha
veteran
 
realsheesha's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Location: The Netherlands
Posts: 2,297
Re: Double Holdem No Limit. We really really need more players there.

Party Poker SmartInstaller Running... (I'm a sucker for new Poker Variants )
realsheesha is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2011, 05:35 PM   #46
realsheesha
veteran
 
realsheesha's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Location: The Netherlands
Posts: 2,297
Re: Double Holdem No Limit. We really really need more players there.

After playing a bit, I have to say it's fun, but I don't quite share op's enthousiasm.

Firstly, I question the usefulness of the "point card". It's a decision you have to take every flop, but 95% of the times it's not dependent at all on which flop you get. Only in the rare case that you have a hand like JT9 on a 98x board, it's dependant on the flop. In all other cases you will always go with the pair first, suited second, highest card third.

I think you could simply get rid of the point card and rename it triple holdem. It makes the game needlessly complicated.

Secondly: what a crappy site. I didn't know Poker software could suck this badly.

Strategywise, I think the biggest difference with regular Holdem is that the low pairs have lost a lot of their value. 55x is probably about 35%-40% against 3 overcards, instead of the coinflip situation we're used to in regular holdem.

Hand Ranking would be something like this:
AAx
KKx
QQ A/K
AKQ
QQ x
JJ A/K/Q
any 3 AKQJ
JJ x
TT A/K/Q/J
any 3 AKQJT
TT x
etc.

Last edited by realsheesha; 12-20-2011 at 05:47 PM.
realsheesha is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2012, 03:19 PM   #47
centebakkie
Pooh-Bah
 
centebakkie's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Location: ☯☮❄☣
Posts: 3,570
Re: Double Holdem No Limit. We really really need more players there.

More action last few weeks. Daily on $25 6max..... but still way not enough.
I post txt in the regular tables and mtt chat box to let them know about Double Holdem.
centebakkie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2012, 05:01 PM   #48
centebakkie
Pooh-Bah
 
centebakkie's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Location: ☯☮❄☣
Posts: 3,570
Thumbs up Re: Double Holdem No Limit. We really really need more players there.

Quote:
Originally Posted by realsheesha View Post
After playing a bit, I have to say it's fun, but I don't quite share op's enthousiasm.

Firstly, I question the usefulness of the "point card". It's a decision you have to take every flop, but 95% of the times it's not dependent at all on which flop you get. Only in the rare case that you have a hand like JT9 on a 98x board, it's dependant on the flop. In all other cases you will always go with the pair first, suited second, highest card third.

I think you could simply get rid of the point card and rename it triple holdem. It makes the game needlessly complicated.

Secondly: what a crappy site. I didn't know Poker software could suck this badly.

Strategywise, I think the biggest difference with regular Holdem is that the low pairs have lost a lot of their value. 55x is probably about 35%-40% against 3 overcards, instead of the coinflip situation we're used to in regular holdem.

Hand Ranking would be something like this:
AAx
KKx
QQ A/K
AKQ
QQ x
JJ A/K/Q
any 3 AKQJ
JJ x
TT A/K/Q/J
any 3 AKQJT
TT x
etc.
Firstly. The point card selection strategy on the flop is what makes this game. Its more a drawing game like PLO, backdoor straights and flushes are common and depend on your point card selection. Obviously pairs first, but the rest is more then just suit second high third. I even found a new eyeopening point card selection strategy only recently, and still i sometimes forget to use it. (not telling here )

Secondly : the site is much WORSE then crappy, dont get me started please

Hand ranking : Suited Connected Pairs are my favorite.....

After spending 3 hours writing strategy's for this game i realized it all costs me to much time for now ... seeing there are still only a hand full of tables occupyed daily. Partypokers support told me they are still working on a promotion for double holdem, they will inform me on the progress. So maybe then i post it.
centebakkie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2013, 11:59 AM   #49
centebakkie
Pooh-Bah
 
centebakkie's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Location: ☯☮❄☣
Posts: 3,570
Re: Double Holdem No Limit. We really really need more players there.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Buzz View Post
And promoting something on nine different forums, even if you had no commercial interest in it, would amount to spamming. Spamming would get all centebakkie's posts deleted plus would get centebakkie barred from further posting. (Mods have a "one touch ban and clean" button for dealing with spammers). One of the mods from the no-limit forums or one of the administrators would catch the multiple posts and centebakkie would get instantly barred from further posting in 2+2 forums. (The idea is to keep 2+2 forums relatively free of spam).

Buzz
Hi

Ok, i got a bit more experienced in poker, and the forums. I always thought : rather spend my time playing then reading on some forum. ( i hardly ever read long articles)
I kept playing on double for a while still hoping players would come bc of my efforts on the forums.
but i eventually realized i had to learn other poker games because nobody is coming to double holdem. But enought about that.

I also realized at later time my attempts to get players to my favorite game by posting my story on ALL forums was........ how do i put it : super spammy. ( i got kicked of a few i found at later time thx for realizing i was not advertizing for fartypoker and keep me on 2+2)
My deepest apologies for that. I also didnt realize the difference in these forums, again my apologies. I know most of them now : this is the one that truly matters. Most of the other are .........selling something........

And as a firstposter my first thread must have looked even worse, haha like some 3 card scam game no one ever plays, where i would always win hahahahahaha.
Sorry sorry sorry abouth that .

I have the utmost respect for this forum, i have been following the UB thing for 10 days now, and i spend at least 24 hours reading posts on the forum (which is extraordinary for me and my attention span)

thx for not kicking me of back then.
centebakkie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2013, 01:27 PM   #50
centebakkie
Pooh-Bah
 
centebakkie's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Location: ☯☮❄☣
Posts: 3,570
Unhappy Re: Double Holdem No Limit. We really really need more players there.

R.I.P. NLDH.

Partynetwork removed No Limit Double Holdem with the last "social" update.

I realized i never posted a graph.

These where my No Limit Double Holdem result's in 2012:




Only these ancient HM1 versions worked with No Limit Double Holdem PartyPoker (NOT WPT). Also HM2 first versions worked but not after 2.0.0.61xx till now. they did't manage to understand what i'm on about in my many e-mails probably. It shows as LIMIT but is No Limit.

My point back then was : I'm a beginner, imagine what experienced ppl stats would be SlinkerLips i would love to see your stats/graph

I compare this position stats report to my plo , lot's to learn

Spoiler:

Would be awesome if stars someday added this game.

Last edited by centebakkie; 09-13-2013 at 01:38 PM.
centebakkie is offline   Reply With Quote

Reply
      

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off


Forum Jump


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 07:46 PM.


Powered by vBulletin®
Copyright ©2000 - 2021, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Copyright © 2008-2020, Two Plus Two Interactive