Two Plus Two Publishing LLC Two Plus Two Publishing LLC
 

Go Back   Two Plus Two Poker Forums > > >

Stud Discussions of various forms of stud poker.

Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-29-2010, 12:40 AM   #676
RainmanTrail
grinder
 
RainmanTrail's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Location: San Jose
Posts: 518
Re: Can we start March Low Content yet?

I'm reminded of the Dunning-Kruger effect here...

I read hands extremely well. I call people down with ridiculous looking boards and people tag me as an idiot. However, what they never get to see are all the made 6s and 7s that I toss in the muck when I also know I'm beaten. I know my opponents ranges and I know how to calculate my equities against them. I know my opponents odds of pairing in every scenario as well as the odds I need to profit from plays that may appear asinine to some. I'm not right every time, but I assure you my play isn't from a "wtf I call" approach. As a double math major who has played over 350k hands of Razz, I have put 100's of hours into studying the mathematics behind every possible play. If you want to reg me in the future, feel free. But I promise you this much: you're not going to beat me.
RainmanTrail is offline  
Old 03-29-2010, 12:43 AM   #677
Andy B
Your Ad Here
 
Andy B's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2002
Location: Unregistering
Posts: 15,017
Re: Can we start March Low Content yet?

Dick-waving itt.
Andy B is offline  
Old 03-29-2010, 12:44 AM   #678
RainmanTrail
grinder
 
RainmanTrail's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Location: San Jose
Posts: 518
Re: Can we start March Low Content yet?

Quote:
Originally Posted by SleeveOfWizard View Post
fwiw, my laptop mouse bought you a steak in hand 1...
On 5th AND 6th? That's some sweet double misclick combo action!
RainmanTrail is offline  
Old 03-29-2010, 12:52 AM   #679
SleeveOfWizard
veteran
 
SleeveOfWizard's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: Crushing
Posts: 2,550
Re: Can we start March Low Content yet?

Quote:
Originally Posted by RainmanTrail View Post
I'm reminded of the Dunning-Kruger effect here...

I read hands extremely well. I call people down with ridiculous looking boards and people tag me as an idiot. However, what they never get to see are all the made 6s and 7s that I toss in the muck when I also know I'm beaten. I know my opponents ranges and I know how to calculate my equities against them. I know my opponents odds of pairing in every scenario as well as the odds I need to profit from plays that may appear asinine to some. I'm not right every time, but I assure you my play isn't from a "wtf I call" approach. As a double math major who has played over 350k hands of Razz, I have put 100's of hours into studying the mathematics behind every possible play. If you want to reg me in the future, feel free. But I promise you this much: you're not going to beat me.
Thing is, I trounced you in 2/4 back in the day. I beat you in 3/6. I beat you in 5/10. You still suck. One session where you ran clearly above expectation means nothing. I'm still up four figures on you, but selective memory is nice, isn't it?

Do I REALLY have to post the hands you know will affect your image here?

You sound like a college sophomore who's trying to bull**** his teacher a little bit here to be frank. Practising (what for you is) demagogic discourse to mask completely idiotic play and lack of emotional control while making decisions is just a sign that you're a little bit delusional in this regard.

Play me 2-8 tables, any stakes, any time. No consulting with fellow donk friends, hit and running or classless chat on the tables. Straight up razz lessons is what I offer you fish.
SleeveOfWizard is offline  
Old 03-29-2010, 12:56 AM   #680
SleeveOfWizard
veteran
 
SleeveOfWizard's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: Crushing
Posts: 2,550
Re: Can we start March Low Content yet?

sigh... how do I convert hands on a PC? Used to play on a Mac, bought a PC for the pokers and all I get is the end of a hand...
SleeveOfWizard is offline  
Old 03-29-2010, 12:59 AM   #681
finknik
old hand
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Posts: 1,268
Re: Can we start March Low Content yet?

lol I remember one hand with the levethian. I have nothing aginst him, except that he put me on tilt for 2 weeks because of it. He thought he had one of those "reads" that he is really good at... it looked something like this.

He brings in with **9 and I complete with (32)7. He raises, I 3-bet, he caps.

I lead out with (32)76 he calls with **9Q.

I lead out with (32)763 and he calls with **9q8.

After that, all I remember is bricking and him winning the hand.

Anyways, just felt like sharing.
finknik is offline  
Old 03-29-2010, 01:17 AM   #682
electrical
Loaded for bear
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Location: chicago
Posts: 4,283
Re: Can we start March Low Content yet?

Quote:
Originally Posted by finknik View Post
After that, all I remember is bricking and him winning the hand.
Sounds about right. Have you learned not to bluff the river yet? Took me much longer than it should have.
electrical is offline  
Old 03-29-2010, 01:19 AM   #683
finknik
old hand
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Posts: 1,268
Re: Can we start March Low Content yet?

Yeah figured it out about a week ago. If they call 6th knowing they are possibly board locked, they are gonna call 7th, too =(.
finknik is offline  
Old 03-29-2010, 01:22 AM   #684
KenDoG_819
old hand
 
KenDoG_819's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Location: Oz
Posts: 1,274
Re: Can we start March Low Content yet?

Quote:
Originally Posted by aufgeschwemm View Post
approx 50-150$ per vid i guess
Your guess is around $350 short
KenDoG_819 is offline  
Old 03-29-2010, 01:45 AM   #685
BrutalDelux3
journeyman
 
BrutalDelux3's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2009
Posts: 321
Re: Can we start March Low Content yet?

Quote:
Originally Posted by oscillator View Post
haha dude, you just reminded me that i forgot to post this. id also like to not be judged for playing this hand the way i did..this was not 7 game and he was def playing razz. totally owned.
hahaha wow nh
Quote:
Originally Posted by skoldpadda View Post
As bonus, took out BrutalDelux3 the next hand.
Bastard. I want my bounty back.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Banzai View Post
How do you get into a RTR $35K freeroll?
From their website:
Quote:
* New Players: Rake $1 at Full Tilt Poker during the qualifying period and you will get automatic entry to the Freeroll.
* Existing players: Existing players rake $75 at Full Tilt Poker during the qualifying period
You need to manually register once registration is open.
BrutalDelux3 is offline  
Old 03-29-2010, 01:56 AM   #686
RainmanTrail
grinder
 
RainmanTrail's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Location: San Jose
Posts: 518
Re: Can we start March Low Content yet?

Quote:
Originally Posted by finknik View Post
lol I remember one hand with the levethian. I have nothing aginst him, except that he put me on tilt for 2 weeks because of it. He thought he had one of those "reads" that he is really good at... it looked something like this.

He brings in with **9 and I complete with (32)7. He raises, I 3-bet, he caps.

I lead out with (32)76 he calls with **9Q.

I lead out with (32)763 and he calls with **9q8.

After that, all I remember is bricking and him winning the hand.

Anyways, just felt like sharing.
LMAO, I totally remember that!

Did you ever figure out why I played that hand like that? (I remember this hand clear as day for the record - I believe it was a $33 HU SNG right?, probably like 4 months ago maybe?)
RainmanTrail is offline  
Old 03-29-2010, 02:00 AM   #687
finknik
old hand
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Posts: 1,268
Re: Can we start March Low Content yet?

4 months ago yes. Deffinately wasn't an sng though. It was a 3 handed 3/6 cashgame. Other guy was gimmeyourmoney. I started ranting in the chat, saying how I had just lost 20bb in 8 hands without making a single mistake, and you made fun of me.. lol good times.
finknik is offline  
Old 03-29-2010, 02:10 AM   #688
SleeveOfWizard
veteran
 
SleeveOfWizard's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: Crushing
Posts: 2,550
Re: Can we start March Low Content yet?

Quote:
Originally Posted by RainmanTrail View Post
LMAO, I totally remember that!

Did you ever figure out why I played that hand like that?
It's evident to some of us.

Last edited by Andy B; 03-30-2010 at 12:33 AM. Reason: Fixed quote.
SleeveOfWizard is offline  
Old 03-29-2010, 02:23 AM   #689
RainmanTrail
grinder
 
RainmanTrail's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Location: San Jose
Posts: 518
Re: Can we start March Low Content yet?

Quote:
Originally Posted by SleeveOfWizard View Post
Thing is, I trounced you in 2/4 back in the day. I beat you in 3/6. I beat you in 5/10. You still suck. One session where you ran clearly above expectation means nothing. I'm still up four figures on you, but selective memory is nice, isn't it?
You HNR me FOUR TIMES at 2/4.
You HNR me AGAIN at 3/6.
I never played you at 5/10.

This is our entire HU history together prior to our 8-16 table today. This was also over 7 sessions. You put in a total of 279 hands in SEVEN sessions vs. me. HNRing me almost every time. You ran at 63% W$SD% and have the gall to say I ran "clearly above expectation" today?... We each had 50% W$SD today. I suppose if you "expect" to keep winning at 63% vs me, then ya, I ran above YOUR expectations.

Oh, and being is that I took you for $254 at 175 hands of 8-16, you are now down $121.40 to me. A far cry from your 4 figure boast.

RainmanTrail is offline  
Old 03-29-2010, 02:31 AM   #690
SleeveOfWizard
veteran
 
SleeveOfWizard's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: Crushing
Posts: 2,550
Re: Can we start March Low Content yet?

Quote:
Originally Posted by RainmanTrail View Post
You HNR me FOUR TIMES at 2/4.
You HNR me AGAIN at 3/6.
I never played you at 5/10.

This is our entire HU history together prior to our 8-16 table today. This was also over 7 sessions. You put in a total of 279 hands in SEVEN sessions vs. me. HNRing me almost every time. You ran at 63% W$SD% and have the gall to say I ran "clearly above expectation" today?... We each had 50% W$SD today. I suppose if you "expect" to keep winning at 63% vs me, then ya, I ran above YOUR expectations.

Oh, and being is that I took you for $254 at 175 hands of 8-16, you are now down $121.40 to me. A far cry from your 4 figure boast.

I see two options here:

One, you stop pretending you're not a fish and level with the rest of the forum for once. Your students honestly deserve to know that you're a fraud.

Two, an epic 6 table grudge match (I'll even camtasia it for anyone who cares) where I'll make good on that vague figure I threw out there. Don't think there are posters here who will outright say I'm a dog in this kind of thing, whereas the same cannot be said for you.

If you're so good, why aren't you playing those soft 30 60 games at all...?

You're making a strong case for getting those HHs I have up somehow... I think my other computers have some more gems you played vs. me.
SleeveOfWizard is offline  
Old 03-29-2010, 02:35 AM   #691
SleeveOfWizard
veteran
 
SleeveOfWizard's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: Crushing
Posts: 2,550
Re: Can we start March Low Content yet?

Also, running good = W$SD% for each of us? When you cap tens like that majestic 16BB hand where you misplayed every single ****ing action (I'll get it up soon enough), that WILL happen.

Ugh, I really don't think you understand this game and it tilts me HARD that you're somehow getting paid to teach others. I mean, it's good for us, but not fair for those trying to get genuinely better.

SOMEONE TEACH ME TO POST HANDS ROFL

Last edited by SleeveOfWizard; 03-29-2010 at 02:42 AM.
SleeveOfWizard is offline  
Old 03-29-2010, 02:37 AM   #692
ceegee
Carpal \'Tunnel
 
ceegee's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2007
Location: Last, Best Hope of Western Stud
Posts: 6,550
Re: Can we start March Low Content yet?

diehard is like the best movie ever
ceegee is offline  
Old 03-29-2010, 02:50 AM   #693
finknik
old hand
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Posts: 1,268
Re: Can we start March Low Content yet?

Quote:
Originally Posted by SleeveOfWizard View Post

If you're so good, why aren't you playing those soft 30 60 games at all...?
finknik is offline  
Old 03-29-2010, 03:01 AM   #694
RainmanTrail
grinder
 
RainmanTrail's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Location: San Jose
Posts: 518
Re: Can we start March Low Content yet?

Quote:
Originally Posted by SleeveOfWizard View Post
Also, running good = W$SD% for each of us? When you cap tens like that majestic 16BB hand where you misplayed every single ****ing action (I'll get it up soon enough), that WILL happen.

Ugh, I really don't think you understand this game and it tilts me HARD that you're somehow getting paid to teach others. I mean, it's good for us, but not fair for those trying to get genuinely better.

SOMEONE TEACH ME TO POST HANDS ROFL
I can post screen shot after screenshot of my results if you want. Or you can just ask around and look in anyone's db. I have one of the best razz winrates online.

See The Dunning-Kruger effect You still have much to learn kid.
RainmanTrail is offline  
Old 03-29-2010, 03:09 AM   #695
RainmanTrail
grinder
 
RainmanTrail's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Location: San Jose
Posts: 518
Re: Can we start March Low Content yet?

Quote:
Originally Posted by finknik View Post
4 months ago yes. Deffinately wasn't an sng though. It was a 3 handed 3/6 cashgame. Other guy was gimmeyourmoney. I started ranting in the chat, saying how I had just lost 20bb in 8 hands without making a single mistake, and you made fun of me.. lol good times.
ahhhhh yes... lol that's right.

The memory I had was HU, and it was a sng I believe, but the hand was similar. That's actually one of my favorite plays (mostly because it works very well and I'm the only person online that does it - to my knowledge). There are probably other's who unknowingly do it, but that's a different story.
RainmanTrail is offline  
Old 03-29-2010, 03:25 AM   #696
finknik
old hand
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Posts: 1,268
Re: Can we start March Low Content yet?

Quote:
Originally Posted by SleeveOfWizard

If you're so good, why aren't you playing those soft 30 60 games at all...?
bump
finknik is offline  
Old 03-29-2010, 03:26 AM   #697
SleeveOfWizard
veteran
 
SleeveOfWizard's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: Crushing
Posts: 2,550
Re: Can we start March Low Content yet?

Quote:
Originally Posted by RainmanTrail View Post
I can post screen shot after screenshot of my results if you want. Or you can just ask around and look in anyone's db. I have one of the best razz winrates online.

See The Dunning-Kruger effect You still have much to learn kid.
I mean, no offense to the razz player pool, but as a collective, they're not really mindblowingly smart (most 2p2ers don't fall into this category). Sticking to things like Mitchell Cogert's simple little book and Howard Lederer's introductory article on FTP will allow almost anyone to maintain a reasonable winrate, even today.

You want to perceive yourself as a 'king of the idiots', in a way. I'm not sure if you're succeeding or failing beyond belief. You're certainly perpetuating the sea of idiocy by jumping on that perceived information disadvantage bandwagon that a lot of people feel a little insecure about...

What I'm saying is that you're a tilty fish who has no business coaching or otherwise. That doesn't mean that it's impossible for you to be a winning player. In fact, people like myself quite like that.

Now, back to 30-60... how come you remain in these lower stakes when you're God's gift to razz? That last short session we played, way to level yourself into thinking that I see you as anything other than a dumb fish who won't make the right gameflow adjustments at the right time...
SleeveOfWizard is offline  
Old 03-29-2010, 03:29 AM   #698
electrical
Loaded for bear
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Location: chicago
Posts: 4,283
Re: Can we start March Low Content yet?

whatever whatever whatever
I'm chipleader in the FT $2k stud8 with 7 left.
I'm terrible at this game and terrible in tournaments.

Edit: no longer cl, still terrible/terrible.
Edit: cl again. still t/t.
electrical is offline  
Old 03-29-2010, 03:31 AM   #699
Joe Tall
Carpal \'Tunnel
 
Joe Tall's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2003
Location: @JoeTall
Posts: 16,925
Re: Can we start March Low Content yet?

Quote:
Originally Posted by ceegee View Post
diehard is like the best movie ever
Saw it in the theatre opening night.
Joe Tall is offline  
Old 03-29-2010, 03:36 AM   #700
Joe Tall
Carpal \'Tunnel
 
Joe Tall's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2003
Location: @JoeTall
Posts: 16,925
Re: Can we start March Low Content yet?

RainmanTrail and SteveOfWizard, take your personal dispute to PMs and out of this thread.

/dispute
Joe Tall is offline  

Closed Thread
      

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off


Forum Jump


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 06:15 PM.


Powered by vBulletin®
Copyright ©2000 - 2021, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Copyright © 2008-2020, Two Plus Two Interactive