Two Plus Two Publishing LLC Two Plus Two Publishing LLC
 

Go Back   Two Plus Two Poker Forums > >

Venues & Communities Discussion of live, legal poker venues, and discussion among players in live poker "neighborhoods."

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-24-2012, 04:19 PM   #801
Iwreckshop
Pooh-Bah
 
Join Date: Apr 2011
Location: USA#1
Posts: 3,507
Quote:
Originally Posted by Empowerment View Post
Yeah. It was her. She was on table 38 and crushing it.
It might have been after or before I was there.the black chick when I was there had like 25$ in front of her
Iwreckshop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2012, 08:24 PM   #802
beachtrader
journeyman
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: North Dallas
Posts: 378
Re: Winstar World Casino (Thackerville, OK)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fold_Pls View Post
Am I the only one to think that the 2/5 game is better than the 1/2?
Depends on the table and the players. Played both, you can have good players at either or bad players at both.
beachtrader is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2012, 11:08 PM   #803
Tom Dwans Son
banned
 
Tom Dwans Son's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Location: Dallas, TX
Posts: 4,004
Re: Winstar World Casino (Thackerville, OK)

1/2: More completely clueless players; Less high level players. More short stacks and at times more tight play. More passive game overall.

2/5: Players often more willing to gamble (less likely to short stack, more likely to rebuy). Rec players tend to have a higher level of understanding of the game and often times more poker experience than their 1/2 counterparts. More high level players. More aggressive game (poker the way it should be played IMO).

5/10: Way more gamble. Mix of top level players and players with a lot of money that are willing to put a ton of pressure on you by making huge bets. There are a lot of short stackers, especially on the secondary tables but most of the regs play deep and the main game is generally pretty deep (can buy in for 200bbs).

10/25: Same as 5/10 except many of the best 5/10 players either can't afford it or don't want to risk it, so the fields are a bit softer but with unlimited buyin amount should offer the highest variance.
Tom Dwans Son is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2012, 10:40 AM   #804
Fold_Pls
grinder
 
Fold_Pls's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2011
Posts: 682
Re: Winstar World Casino (Thackerville, OK)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tom Dwans Son View Post

10/25: Same as 5/10 except many of the best 5/10 players either can't afford it or don't want to risk it, so the fields are a bit softer but with unlimited buyin amount should offer the highest variance.
I just don't get it. If they are willing to buyin for 2k on the 5/10 game than why aren't they willing to buy in for 2k on the 10/25 game. To me, you can start with a stack of 2k on the 10/25 game and be comfortable. I have never seen any body bought in for more than 10k on the 10/25 game unless it's during the river series.
Fold_Pls is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2012, 03:09 PM   #805
Tom Dwans Son
banned
 
Tom Dwans Son's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Location: Dallas, TX
Posts: 4,004
Re: Winstar World Casino (Thackerville, OK)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fold_Pls View Post
I just don't get it. If they are willing to buyin for 2k on the 5/10 game than why aren't they willing to buy in for 2k on the 10/25 game. To me, you can start with a stack of 2k on the 10/25 game and be comfortable. I have never seen any body bought in for more than 10k on the 10/25 game unless it's during the river series.
1) Many of them don't buy in for the full 2k at 5/10. More like 800-1k
2) The game still plays bigger due to blind structure. The 2k buy in isn't the problem as much as a several buy-in swing, and it's not like this game runs all the time, making it more difficult to recover one's losses over a large sample size.
3) If they are straddling (which happens often at 5/10, and I'm sure at 10/25 as well) then the game will play even bigger.
Tom Dwans Son is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2012, 04:17 PM   #806
Fold_Pls
grinder
 
Fold_Pls's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2011
Posts: 682
Re: Winstar World Casino (Thackerville, OK)

the game rarely happens anyway.
Fold_Pls is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2012, 05:05 PM   #807
Tom Dwans Son
banned
 
Tom Dwans Son's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Location: Dallas, TX
Posts: 4,004
Re: Winstar World Casino (Thackerville, OK)

Exactly. It was going fairly often a few months ago, but part of the problem is that it will often die so quickly that players are reluctant to start it.
Tom Dwans Son is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2012, 06:07 PM   #808
Fold_Pls
grinder
 
Fold_Pls's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2011
Posts: 682
Re: Winstar World Casino (Thackerville, OK)

every single time I had the opportunity of going up there, i always started a list but never got it to start.
Fold_Pls is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2012, 07:52 PM   #809
Empowerment
centurion
 
Empowerment's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Location: Dallas
Posts: 112
Re: Winstar World Casino (Thackerville, OK)

There sure was a lot of yelling and commotion going on yesterday at the tables.

Some sort of situation happened on table 12 or 13 where 1 guy busted 2 players and those players were yelling and arguing about something. Floor was called and listened to the guys arguments but did nothing except tick them off even more and the 2 guys left the casino.

Then there was another kid who was doing his best Phil Hellmuth impression and berating the fish. Something about how the fish were calling any amount on draws and hitting over and over.

The dealer was a moron who replied by saying that the kid should have went all in to avoid suckouts. Funny thing is that he was advocating shoving $200 into $80-$90 pots. That's horribad advice.

Was a fun day. Lotsa laughs.

Last edited by Empowerment; 06-25-2012 at 07:52 PM. Reason: ...
Empowerment is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2012, 10:02 PM   #810
Tom Dwans Son
banned
 
Tom Dwans Son's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Location: Dallas, TX
Posts: 4,004
Re: Winstar World Casino (Thackerville, OK)

Were you the one berating the fish?
Tom Dwans Son is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2012, 10:06 PM   #811
Empowerment
centurion
 
Empowerment's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Location: Dallas
Posts: 112
Re: Winstar World Casino (Thackerville, OK)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tom Dwans Son View Post
Were you the one berating the fish?
rofl
Empowerment is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2012, 08:44 AM   #812
Empowerment
centurion
 
Empowerment's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Location: Dallas
Posts: 112
Re: Winstar World Casino (Thackerville, OK)

Obviously I am someone who has knowledge of the room and what is going on.

I could be a player or an employee or just someone who is very close friends to the staff in which they tell me what happened at the job today. Or am I security? I have many cameras. haha.

Anyways, the rules etc at this casino are pretty shady. Soon as Texas opens a casino this one is going to be hurting pretty bad.
Empowerment is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2012, 09:08 AM   #813
Fold_Pls
grinder
 
Fold_Pls's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2011
Posts: 682
Re: Winstar World Casino (Thackerville, OK)

didn't you know that Winstar changes their rules every other hour?
Fold_Pls is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2012, 10:00 AM   #814
Dealer-Guy
Carpal \'Tunnel
 
Dealer-Guy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Location: Dealing with it, one hand at a time
Posts: 6,137
Re: Winstar World Casino (Thackerville, OK)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Empowerment View Post
Obviously I am someone who has knowledge of the room and what is going on.

I could be a player or an employee or just someone who is very close friends to the staff in which they tell me what happened at the job today. Or am I security? I have many cameras. haha.

Anyways, the rules etc at this casino are pretty shady. Soon as Texas opens a casino this one is going to be hurting pretty bad.
You are not an employee and much of what you claim to see and hear is not reported accurately.

The rule book is taken directly from RRoP.

For some reason, most of the incidents that you claim to see happening, no one else sees or hears. Wonder why that is?
Dealer-Guy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2012, 12:32 PM   #815
Tall_Cool
journeyman
 
Tall_Cool's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: Arlington, TX
Posts: 264
Re: Winstar World Casino (Thackerville, OK)

So the final verdict I received on using your poker hours accrued towards a hotel room is to see a floor person when you think you have enough hours to ask for one (apparently 70 hours is not near enough). I learned this after asking 3 different people on Friday night.

In hindsight I think using it for food is probably better. At this point I don't know if I can get a $70 credit for food or how that part works. If so, how long would I have to use it? I never understand why you have to take your card to the desk before using it for food. Now that you're logged in at the table that would seem to be sufficient.

One thing is certain, the rules are very unclear.


P.S.

I ran cold this past weekend and got my azz handed to me. If you played 2-5 you probably have some of my money. Variance is a dirty whore.
Tall_Cool is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2012, 01:21 PM   #816
beachtrader
journeyman
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: North Dallas
Posts: 378
Re: Winstar World Casino (Thackerville, OK)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tall_Cool View Post
So the final verdict I received on using your poker hours accrued towards a hotel room is to see a floor person when you think you have enough hours to ask for one (apparently 70 hours is not near enough). I learned this after asking 3 different people on Friday night.

In hindsight I think using it for food is probably better. At this point I don't know if I can get a $70 credit for food or how that part works. If so, how long would I have to use it? I never understand why you have to take your card to the desk before using it for food. Now that you're logged in at the table that would seem to be sufficient.

One thing is certain, the rules are very unclear.


P.S.

I ran cold this past weekend and got my azz handed to me. If you played 2-5 you probably have some of my money. Variance is a dirty whore.
I asked about this yesterday and was told you can use the accrued comps for anything in the casino. You just have to get it loaded on the card first and then go use it. However, you can't use comps for alcohol. And if you play for four hours they will put $8.80 on your card and deduct $8.80 from your account. If you don't have $8.80 in your account you just run a negative balance. You can do the $8.80 once a day (i.e., play at least four hours and get the $8.80).

p.s. As for the 2/5, while I was at the 2/5 tables, I'm positive I don't have any of your money . . .
beachtrader is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2012, 01:49 PM   #817
Tall_Cool
journeyman
 
Tall_Cool's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: Arlington, TX
Posts: 264
Re: Winstar World Casino (Thackerville, OK)

Quote:
Originally Posted by beachtrader View Post
I asked about this yesterday and was told you can use the accrued comps for anything in the casino. You just have to get it loaded on the card first and then go use it. However, you can't use comps for alcohol. And if you play for four hours they will put $8.80 on your card and deduct $8.80 from your account. If you don't have $8.80 in your account you just run a negative balance. You can do the $8.80 once a day (i.e., play at least four hours and get the $8.80).

p.s. As for the 2/5, while I was at the 2/5 tables, I'm positive I don't have any of your money . . .
Ahh...then you weren't in one of the 3 consecutive hands that I lost to larger full house, quads, and quads.

Tall_Cool is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2012, 05:22 PM   #818
Tom Dwans Son
banned
 
Tom Dwans Son's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Location: Dallas, TX
Posts: 4,004
Re: Winstar World Casino (Thackerville, OK)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Empowerment View Post
Obviously I am someone who has knowledge of the room and what is going on.

I could be a player or an employee or just someone who is very close friends to the staff in which they tell me what happened at the job today. Or am I security? I have many cameras. haha.

Anyways, the rules etc at this casino are pretty shady. Soon as Texas opens a casino this one is going to be hurting pretty bad.
You're a 1/2 player. Everyone already knows this.
Tom Dwans Son is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2012, 06:34 PM   #819
Empowerment
centurion
 
Empowerment's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Location: Dallas
Posts: 112
Re: Winstar World Casino (Thackerville, OK)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dealer-Guy View Post
You are not an employee and much of what you claim to see and hear is not reported accurately.

The rule book is taken directly from RRoP.

For some reason, most of the incidents that you claim to see happening, no one else sees or hears. Wonder why that is?
Because you (as a floor guy-yes I know who you are) do not want people to know the shady garbage that actually goes on at your casino.

Secondly, you really think you have the same rules as other casinos?

How about something as simple as being allowed to have the dealer count the pot for you? That is something that almost all other casinos allow. Hell, it's even a tip in Harrington's book to feel free to ask the dealer for a count of the chips in the pot.

Thirdly, I wouldn't want to be an employee of that mickey mouse ran place. I mean really...you floor guys degrade the dealers in the meetings and tell them that if they don't like it here then find somewhere else to go? Is that even legal for an employer to be able to say that?

And as far as what I have seen, it doesn't matter what you believe or deny. Lots of my buddies as well as other players see it also.
Empowerment is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2012, 06:35 PM   #820
Empowerment
centurion
 
Empowerment's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Location: Dallas
Posts: 112
Re: Winstar World Casino (Thackerville, OK)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fold_Pls View Post
didn't you know that Winstar changes their rules every other hour?
I do know this now. haha.
Empowerment is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2012, 06:36 PM   #821
pk_nuts
adept
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Posts: 948
Re: Winstar World Casino (Thackerville, OK)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tom Dwans Son View Post
You're a 1/2 player. Everyone already knows this.
That guy cracks me up. I must admit his post are some what entertaning. Nutty but entertaining.
pk_nuts is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2012, 06:40 PM   #822
Empowerment
centurion
 
Empowerment's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Location: Dallas
Posts: 112
Re: Winstar World Casino (Thackerville, OK)

BTW I am at the casino right now. So you should try to figure out who I am, ok?
Empowerment is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2012, 06:54 PM   #823
pk_nuts
adept
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Posts: 948
Re: Winstar World Casino (Thackerville, OK)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Empowerment View Post
BTW I am at the casino right now. So you should try to figure out who I am, ok?
Give us hint. Which 1/2 table are you at?
pk_nuts is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2012, 07:14 PM   #824
Black Aces 518
Carpal \'Tunnel
 
Black Aces 518's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2004
Location: same dances in the same ole shoes
Posts: 8,925
Re: Winstar World Casino (Thackerville, OK)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Empowerment View Post
How about something as simple as being allowed to have the dealer count the pot for you? That is something that almost all other casinos allow. Hell, it's even a tip in Harrington's book to feel free to ask the dealer for a count of the chips in the pot.
what the hell are you talking about? virtually no room permits a dealer to count the pot for a player, other than in pot-limit games.

if you are talking about spreading the pot, some casinos allow it, some don't. here is a thread that examines the issue from both sides. Winstar's rule of not spreading the pot is neither uncommon nor ill-reasoned.

https://forumserver.twoplustwo.com/27...ad-pot-843231/
Black Aces 518 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2012, 07:58 PM   #825
Dealer-Guy
Carpal \'Tunnel
 
Dealer-Guy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Location: Dealing with it, one hand at a time
Posts: 6,137
Quote:
Originally Posted by Empowerment View Post
BTW I am at the casino right now. So you should try to figure out who I am, ok?
I don't care who you are and I'm not there anyway. Haven't been there all day.
Dealer-Guy is offline   Reply With Quote

Reply
      

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off


Forum Jump


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 05:47 PM.


Powered by vBulletin®
Copyright ©2000 - 2021, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Copyright © 2008-2020, Two Plus Two Interactive