Two Plus Two Publishing LLC Two Plus Two Publishing LLC
 

Go Back   Two Plus Two Poker Forums > >

Notices

Venues & Communities Discussion of live, legal poker venues, and discussion among players in live poker "neighborhoods."

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-31-2010, 01:54 AM   #151
anomalistic
centurion
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Posts: 120
Re: Seattle poker

Quote:
Originally Posted by kyleb View Post
So is PLO going anywhere?
There's a 5/5 PLO game that runs every Tuesday at Snoqualmie; it has been slower during the summer due to the series, and because, well, it's summer. But it is starting to pick back up. Usually pretty soft.

When I tried to get a regular game going at Muckleshoot, it never held. And the floors were making it very difficult and annoying, so screw 'em.
anomalistic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2010, 12:58 PM   #152
kyleb
Carpal \'Tunnel
 
kyleb's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2004
Location: Seattle
Posts: 39,012
Re: Seattle poker

Quote:
Originally Posted by anomalistic View Post
There's a 5/5 PLO game that runs every Tuesday at Snoqualmie; it has been slower during the summer due to the series, and because, well, it's summer. But it is starting to pick back up. Usually pretty soft.

When I tried to get a regular game going at Muckleshoot, it never held. And the floors were making it very difficult and annoying, so screw 'em.
Nice! Daytime game? I'll definitely check it out soon.
kyleb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2010, 02:03 PM   #153
mistergrinch
grinder
 
mistergrinch's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Location: A Galaxy Far, Far Away
Posts: 566
Re: Seattle poker

I've been told there's a PLO game at Tulalip on Sundays and one other day which I forget. I think it's 5/5. Can anyone confirm this?
mistergrinch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2010, 05:48 PM   #154
fluffysheap
journeyman
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Posts: 224
Re: Seattle poker

I've seen 5/5 PLO playing at Tulalip, sometimes they also play HA (one dealer shift PLO, one dealer shift NLHE). Don't remember the days though.
fluffysheap is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2010, 11:47 PM   #155
anomalistic
centurion
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Posts: 120
Re: Seattle poker

Quote:
Originally Posted by kyleb View Post
Nice! Daytime game? I'll definitely check it out soon.
Once it starts to pick back up, the game should start around 1pm, usually earlier. It often goes until the next morning with multiple tables during evening hours.

During the summer, it's safe to say 3-4pm. Calling ahead is always a good idea.
anomalistic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2010, 11:49 PM   #156
anomalistic
centurion
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Posts: 120
Re: Seattle poker

Quote:
Originally Posted by fluffysheap View Post
I've seen 5/5 PLO playing at Tulalip, sometimes they also play HA (one dealer shift PLO, one dealer shift NLHE). Don't remember the days though.
I'm pretty sure the Tulalip 5/5 PLO game runs on Thursdays. They had a 1/2/3 PLO8 on Wednesdays after their tournament, but it was weak as hell, and very tight. I don't think that gets going anymore, but it was a terrible game anyway.
anomalistic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2010, 02:20 AM   #157
verrive
centurion
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Posts: 135
Re: Seattle poker

For any of you that frequent Snoqualmie, are their $500 high hands just Thursday or there other days? Play about 25 hours there Thurs/Fri after a long hiatus and might have to make it a regular thing again,
verrive is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2010, 12:09 AM   #158
anomalistic
centurion
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Posts: 120
Re: Seattle poker

Quote:
Originally Posted by verrive View Post
For any of you that frequent Snoqualmie, are their $500 high hands just Thursday or there other days? Play about 25 hours there Thurs/Fri after a long hiatus and might have to make it a regular thing again,
$500 high hands are every 2 hours on Wed-Thurs from 2pm-2am. Qualifying starts when first game gets going after tourney, usually around 11am.

Tuesdays have $200 high hand every hour from 1pm-2am. Same applies for qualifying.
anomalistic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2010, 08:52 PM   #159
leigao84
centurion
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Location: Emerald City
Posts: 192
Re: Seattle poker

Speaking as a 4/8 player, the action at the Sno isn't bad, but the Muck on a weekend is sooooo much better. The only bad thing is that since they do offer 3/6, a lot of the bad players would play that instead. So 4/8 during the day with only two or three tables filled with regulars would be a lot tougher than 4/8 at the Sno.

Plus imo the dealers at the Muck are much better than poker dealers any where else in the state.

And plus I'm asian, so it's easier for me to blend in and not get noticed on the poker table
leigao84 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2010, 09:09 PM   #160
anomalistic
centurion
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Posts: 120
Re: Seattle poker

Quote:
Originally Posted by leigao84 View Post
Plus imo the dealers at the Muck are much better than poker dealers any where else in the state.
Are you SURE you've played anywhere else? You're definitely the first, and probably the last person I will ever encounter saying that.
anomalistic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2010, 10:56 PM   #161
663366
Pooh-Bah
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: depends
Posts: 3,876
Re: Seattle poker

Quote:
Originally Posted by anomalistic View Post
Are you SURE you've played anywhere else? You're definitely the first, and probably the last person I will ever encounter saying that.
hear hear

twice seen dealer destroy ~$1200 side pots on 5/10 at the muck by pushing it along with main pot to shortstack... then no apology and instead attitude and arrogance. also seen dealer openly rooting for his friend to win all-in pots. i cant post dealers' names but things like that are upsetting.
663366 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2010, 11:38 AM   #162
leigao84
centurion
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Location: Emerald City
Posts: 192
Re: Seattle poker

Quote:
Originally Posted by anomalistic View Post
Are you SURE you've played anywhere else? You're definitely the first, and probably the last person I will ever encounter saying that.
Sorry I only played at poker at six or seven casinos in the state and I've been playing small stake limit. So I cant speak for NL games, but I've seen more mistakes being made else where.
leigao84 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2010, 05:52 PM   #163
Seattle Rounders
enthusiast
 
Join Date: May 2010
Posts: 97
Re: Seattle poker

Quote:
Originally Posted by 663366 View Post
Snoqualmie's dealers are far more competent than Tulalip or Muckleshoot.. and the floor at Sno makes fewer mistakes and "coddles regulars" far less.
I have personal friends from years back who deal at Snoqualmie and I still find this the most laughable statement I have ever read on this forum. Snoqualmie floor staff are horrendous and couldn'g give two %&*^'s about players if they don't already know them by name. I have witnessed horrible rulings there in situations where I was involved in the hand, or just railing while waiting hours for a game to start when they wouldn't start 6 or 7 handed.

The absolute worst floor rulings I have ever seen at any casino out of dozens in years of play were at the Sno - in favor of a reg and clearly friend of the floor.

It is the only place I have ever played where verbal is not binding, angle shooting is encouraged, and where dealers are allowed to nudge or coach the horrible regs who fill the seats on slow days. All in no more than 4 trips to the casino.

I have played in nearly every casino that has a bad rap on this forum and the Sno is worse than any of them.

If you are near the Sno and want to play, drive west to one of the other tribal casinos or to the airport.
Seattle Rounders is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2010, 07:49 PM   #164
anomalistic
centurion
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Posts: 120
Re: Seattle poker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Seattle Rounders View Post
I have personal friends from years back who deal at Snoqualmie and I still find this the most laughable statement I have ever read on this forum. Snoqualmie floor staff are horrendous and couldn'g give two %&*^'s about players if they don't already know them by name. I have witnessed horrible rulings there in situations where I was involved in the hand, or just railing while waiting hours for a game to start when they wouldn't start 6 or 7 handed.

The absolute worst floor rulings I have ever seen at any casino out of dozens in years of play were at the Sno - in favor of a reg and clearly friend of the floor.

It is the only place I have ever played where verbal is not binding, angle shooting is encouraged, and where dealers are allowed to nudge or coach the horrible regs who fill the seats on slow days. All in no more than 4 trips to the casino.

I have played in nearly every casino that has a bad rap on this forum and the Sno is worse than any of them.

If you are near the Sno and want to play, drive west to one of the other tribal casinos or to the airport.
During the day I've never seen anything remotely close to this. From my experience, as long as they have enough dealers they will start a game 5 handed if everyone wants to play, and verbal is most definitely binding. Don't you hear everyone 'complain' that they're forced to follow all of the rules?

Sounds to me like you could be bitter from a bad experience.
anomalistic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2010, 02:38 PM   #165
663366
Pooh-Bah
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: depends
Posts: 3,876
Re: Seattle poker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Seattle Rounders View Post
I have personal friends from years back who deal at Snoqualmie and I still find this the most laughable statement I have ever read on this forum. Snoqualmie floor staff are horrendous
2 things can be concluded from your post:

1) you think your friends are terrible dealers

2) obviously you haven't read the forum much under your new account
663366 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2010, 02:25 AM   #166
Seattle Rounders
enthusiast
 
Join Date: May 2010
Posts: 97
Re: Seattle poker

Quote:
Originally Posted by 663366 View Post
2 things can be concluded from your post:

1) you think your friends are terrible dealers

2) obviously you haven't read the forum much under your new account
I'll admit that I wrote that when I was upset about something else and had a few drinks in me, and it reads like more of a whine than the valid complaints that I hold against the casino. Additionally I'll conceded that I could have a skewed perception based on a very small sample size.

You however are inferring things that I did not imply:

I think the terrible floor decisions I have seen there force the dealers into situations where it is impossible for them to be good dealers. There are however two distinct instances where I saw the floor make a horrible ruling and I went out of my way to tell the dealer they did things correctly, but the floor was clearly wrong.

The subtle nudging and coaching by dealers I witnessed was in the 2/5 and in reality wasn't any worse than what I have seen thousands of times in small games.

I do have friends that are horrible dealers, and I have friends that are great dealers. They are all still my friends and my oppinion of their professional performance doesn't change that.

Second, I have spent way more time reading this forum than a man my age should admit to.

In the end, every time I have been in there I was there to play a specific game, 5/10 Mondays or 5/5PLO Tuesdays. Every time I have waited for no less than 2 hrs for a game to start, while there were 5+ names on the list. Even not starting with 8 names on the list. Every time I have seen something in the poker room that left a very bad taste in my mouth, whether I came away winner or loser on that session.

It just isn't worth driving 10 miles to play there if you could drive 40 and go to a far better casino or card room in/around Seattle.
Seattle Rounders is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2010, 04:11 AM   #167
ne14dirt
grinder
 
ne14dirt's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Location: Infraction Land
Posts: 633
Re: Seattle poker

How old do you have to be to play poker in Washington?
ne14dirt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2010, 04:39 AM   #168
QuadsOverQuads
old hand
 
Join Date: Aug 2004
Posts: 1,534
Re: Seattle poker

18 or 21, depending on the room. Most are 21.

q/q
QuadsOverQuads is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2010, 04:59 AM   #169
zac2bets
journeyman
 
Join Date: Nov 2008
Location: LOLimitHE
Posts: 213
Re: Seattle poker

Quote:
Originally Posted by ne14dirt View Post
How old do you have to be to play poker in Washington?
Tulailup, Muckleshoot, Snoqualmie, Diamond Lils, La center -21

Parkers, Hollywood, Hideaway, Northern Quest, -18
zac2bets is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2010, 12:13 PM   #170
663366
Pooh-Bah
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: depends
Posts: 3,876
Re: Seattle poker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Seattle Rounders View Post
I'll admit that I wrote that when I was upset about something else and had a few drinks in me, and it reads like more of a whine than the valid complaints that I hold against the casino. Additionally I'll conceded that I could have a skewed perception based on a very small sample size.

You however are inferring things that I did not imply:

I think the terrible floor decisions I have seen there force the dealers into situations where it is impossible for them to be good dealers. There are however two distinct instances where I saw the floor make a horrible ruling and I went out of my way to tell the dealer they did things correctly, but the floor was clearly wrong.

The subtle nudging and coaching by dealers I witnessed was in the 2/5 and in reality wasn't any worse than what I have seen thousands of times in small games.

I do have friends that are horrible dealers, and I have friends that are great dealers. They are all still my friends and my oppinion of their professional performance doesn't change that.

Second, I have spent way more time reading this forum than a man my age should admit to.

In the end, every time I have been in there I was there to play a specific game, 5/10 Mondays or 5/5PLO Tuesdays. Every time I have waited for no less than 2 hrs for a game to start, while there were 5+ names on the list. Even not starting with 8 names on the list. Every time I have seen something in the poker room that left a very bad taste in my mouth, whether I came away winner or loser on that session.

It just isn't worth driving 10 miles to play there if you could drive 40 and go to a far better casino or card room in/around Seattle.
Snoqualmie is far from my fav casino or anything, in fact all considered I probably prefer Tulalip to it, but Sno's dealers generally are pretty straightforward and will apologize if a mistake was made. At Tulalip and Muckleshoot I have seen far more mistakes being made, dealers favoring regs to the point of saying things like "I hope you win" when their friend is all in with someone else, and also at Tulalip the dealers can sit in the game and play which always instantly makes me suspicious. But at the end of the day with flights to Vegas being so cheap, it's a better deal for me these days to just fly down to Vegas and have all the table/room selection in one place plus not having to deal with the stupid WA state $500 max bet bull****.
663366 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2010, 01:49 PM   #171
benjammin509
grinder
 
benjammin509's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Location: Seattle .. where BF happened first
Posts: 451
Re: Seattle poker

Quote:
Originally Posted by zac2bets View Post
Tulailup, Muckleshoot, Snoqualmie, Diamond Lils, La center -21

Parkers, Hollywood, Hideaway, Northern Quest, -18

Quest began serving alcohol on the casino floor and has raised the gambling age to 21 as a result. I think it was a good move b/c it stopped all those drinkers from leaving the table for 30 minutes at a time to grab a drink in the lounge.
benjammin509 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2010, 01:13 AM   #172
Seattleallstar
journeyman
 
Join Date: Mar 2005
Posts: 368
Re: Seattle poker

god those people on those Northern Quest poker shows are the worst players every seen on TV. I cringe eveytime I channel surf and come across FSN while its on.

As for poker dealers, I havent had any real problems anywhere except for some of the non tribal mini casinos, they let alot more crap go on between regulars in tournaments.
Seattleallstar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2010, 06:17 PM   #173
verrive
centurion
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Posts: 135
Re: Seattle poker

Parkers regs - Are their non HE games pretty consistent? Considering driving up to play some O8, HORSE or whatever is going on Wednesdays and didn't wanna be met with only HE tables.
verrive is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2010, 11:31 PM   #174
ClydeWA
centurion
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: Seattle
Posts: 105
Re: Seattle poker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Seattleallstar View Post
As for poker dealers, I havent had any real problems anywhere except for some of the non tribal mini casinos, they let alot more crap go on between regulars in tournaments.
Meaning the places in N Seattle on Aurora let the regs get away with collusion??? Worse---they aren't far from home (Greenwood) & I'm almost curious enough to play one of their tourneys

Thanks
ClydeWA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2010, 11:52 PM   #175
kyleb
Carpal \'Tunnel
 
kyleb's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2004
Location: Seattle
Posts: 39,012
Re: Seattle poker

Quote:
Originally Posted by ClydeWA View Post
Meaning the places in N Seattle on Aurora let the regs get away with collusion??? Worse---they aren't far from home (Greenwood) & I'm almost curious enough to play one of their tourneys

Thanks
Eh, it's not that bad.

Would like to know about the non-HE games in the casinos on Aurora, though. Particularly Parker's. I know Crazy Moose in Mountlake Terrace gets 3/6 O8 going but that's a little too small for me.
kyleb is offline   Reply With Quote

Reply
      

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off


Forum Jump


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 08:56 AM.


Powered by vBulletin®
Copyright ©2000 - 2017, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Copyright © 2008-2010, Two Plus Two Interactive
 
 
Poker Players - Streaming Live Online