Two Plus Two Publishing LLC Two Plus Two Publishing LLC
 

Go Back   Two Plus Two Poker Forums > >

Notices

Venues & Communities Discussion of live, legal poker venues, and discussion among players in live poker "neighborhoods."

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-22-2010, 11:31 PM   #101
Pid Koker
Pooh-Bah
 
Pid Koker's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: no u
Posts: 3,740
Re: Seattle poker

Here are some good spots for limited/semi-limited hold them in the Seattle area. I'm a reg at Parker's, so I can provide the most detail for that casino. I think $3/$2 is standard rake for most of these places, and they'll reduce rake upon request for short tables.

Parkers (Shoreline, WA)
Games: 4/8, 8/16 (half-kill and no-kill), 12/24, 15/30, 20/40, 2-8, 2-12, 2-20, 2-40
Tables: 8 tables; usually 4-6 running at peak and 1-2 during non-peak
Jackpots: $500 high hand per hour during peak hours (6PM-2AM), everyday, and $300 per hour during non peak (before 6PM). $50 jackpot for quads and straight flushes, $599 for royal flushes; "royal of the month" that ranges from $1,500-$5,000, depending on whether it's flopped, turned, or rivered. "Monte carlos" are off during peak.
Action: The action is pretty sick here, and a lot of the people are here to drink and gambool.
Other: I think 20/40 is spread by request, and they'll run heads-up or short games.

Diamond Lil's (Renton, WA)
Games: 4/8, 8/16, 20/40

Palace Casino (Lakewood, WA)
Games: 3/6, 4/8, 8/16

Others (may need correction): Club Hollywood (2-40 spread), Crazy Moose (2-40 spread), Drift on Inn (4-8), Hideaway (3-12 spread)

Also, rumor has it that Freddie's (Fife, WA) runs a 15/30 with $1 rake and no jackpot rake? Can someone confirm?

The three largest tribal casinos are Tulalip, Muckleshoot, and Snoqualmie, and they run a variety of hold'em and non-hold'em games, both limit and no-limit (max bet in Washington is $500, so it's spread limit by definition). I think Muckleshoot runs the highest limit game, which to my knowledge, is 1/2 mixed. Limit games are pretty sparse at the tribal casinos.

Last edited by Pid Koker; 05-22-2010 at 11:36 PM.
Pid Koker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2010, 11:36 PM   #102
Pid Koker
Pooh-Bah
 
Pid Koker's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: no u
Posts: 3,740
Re: Seattle poker

Quote:
Originally Posted by pokerace37 View Post
Just to make sure I didn't miss anything ...

If I want to play no-limit (spread-limit) poker at the lowest level possible at a decent casino, Tulalip is the best bet since they offer 1-3 and it appears that Muckleshoot and Snoqualmie start at 2-5/3-5 -- is that accurate?
Tulalip runs mostly 3/5, with the occasional 1/3 table. You're going to be playing short at 1/3, as max buy-in is $200, and a lot of people buy for $100.

Warning: Sno's max buy for 2/5 is $300.
Pid Koker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2010, 01:46 PM   #103
verrive
centurion
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Posts: 135
Re: Seattle poker

Might call ahead but every time I have been to Silver Dollar in Renton they have had something I liked. First trip mid week(Tues or Wed?) we ended up playing 8/16 Omaha and Omaha Hi/Lo. Next time through they had a 20/40 LHE game going I jumped into briefly. Lots of spazzy players but fun place.
verrive is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2010, 01:52 PM   #104
QuadsOverQuads
old hand
 
Join Date: Aug 2004
Posts: 1,534
Re: Seattle poker

Silver Dollar Renton, as you are remembering it, is no more.

Billy and Pepper are gone, and it's been converted to a 2-10 spread room. Maybe 1 or 2 weak tables.

Total waste of a great effort, imho.


q/q
QuadsOverQuads is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2010, 02:09 PM   #105
QuadsOverQuads
old hand
 
Join Date: Aug 2004
Posts: 1,534
Re: Seattle poker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pid Koker View Post
Also, rumor has it that Freddie's (Fife, WA) runs a 15/30 with $1 rake and no jackpot rake? Can someone confirm?
I know Jack was trying to get that going a few months ago as a weekly game. It's a fantastic idea and they're the perfect room to pull it off, but I don't know if it's actually happened or not. Probably worth a call, he's a great host and the staff there is top notch. If it goes, it'll be a great game.

q/q
QuadsOverQuads is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2010, 07:45 PM   #106
finntastic54
newbie
 
finntastic54's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2009
Posts: 46
Re: Seattle poker

Add the Royal Casino in Everett to your list of spread-limit casinos. 2/20 is usually going and, most often on weekends, includes a 2/40.
finntastic54 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2010, 09:11 PM   #107
GEBRA81
stranger
 
Join Date: May 2010
Posts: 7
Re: Seattle poker

What does spread limit 2/20 and 2/40 mean?
GEBRA81 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2010, 02:02 AM   #108
illdonk
veteran
 
illdonk's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Posts: 2,249
Re: Seattle poker

Quote:
Originally Posted by GEBRA81 View Post
What does spread limit 2/20 and 2/40 mean?
It's a cross between fixed and no-limit (more fixed, though). In a spread limit 2/20 game you can bet any amount between $2 and $20. A raise would have to be at least the amount of the bet.
illdonk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2010, 03:48 AM   #109
jda2002
newbie
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Posts: 32
Re: Seattle poker

I just wanted to give the latest scoop on my favorite casino in the Seattle area, Muckleshoot.

They always have 3-5NL going, $200-$500 buyin, live straddles of any amount are acceptable. 5-5 (must bring in for 10, 1k max buy in) and 5-10 ( 1k max buy in) run occasionally, particularly on weekends like super sunday (1st sunday of every month.)

Limit games are always 3-6 and 4-8 with full kills, and on super sunday's they often have 8-16 with full kills. 4-8 Omaha high-low split is running most of the time too.

$100-$200 limit mixed games run fairly frequently, some weeks every night, other weeks just a few days. Occasionally this game will be $150-$300, though not too often.

Pot Limit Omaha is spread very very infrequently. Its usually a 5-5 game, and the action is often fast and furious. Last time they spread it the game resumed every night for several days, but their has to be interest and often it's only played once every few months.

Muckleshoot will generally start an interest list for any game you want to play, so long as it is something they are willing to spread. It's the closest one to me, only an Hour away lol, so it's become my poker room of choice.
I only play the 3-5 spread game.

NLH Tournaments are spread 7 nights a week at 7pm. usually it's a $65 buy in, but occasionally it's higher.

WA state has a stupid and pointless $500 max bet rule, but most of the time it doesnt really get in the way of the action. Its still pretty easy to get most, if not all, of your stack involved in one hand if you actually wanted too.

High hands are $100 every half hour. on super sundays they are $500 every half hour. Monte Carlo boards are reset at 3 am every morning. If a hand has been hit twice in a day, no more jackpots will be available for it until 3am the next morning. Bad beat is Quad 8's or better beaten, and goes up $500 a day. ( It's 37,000 right now)

Last edited by jda2002; 06-05-2010 at 03:57 AM.
jda2002 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2010, 10:14 PM   #110
philfan05
adept
 
Join Date: Jul 2005
Location: back on my grind
Posts: 803
Re: Seattle poker

Can someone give me a quick summary of the 5/10 game at Tulalip? I will be there this Saturday, probably from 12pm-5pm. Will a game even be running? I'm assuming if it is during the day it will mostly be regulars. How are the regulars? How would you compare it to a typical 5/10 game at Bellagio or Venetian?
philfan05 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2010, 01:53 AM   #111
Seattle Rounders
enthusiast
 
Join Date: May 2010
Posts: 97
Re: Seattle poker

Quote:
Originally Posted by philfan05 View Post
Can someone give me a quick summary of the 5/10 game at Tulalip? I will be there this Saturday, probably from 12pm-5pm. Will a game even be running? I'm assuming if it is during the day it will mostly be regulars. How are the regulars? How would you compare it to a typical 5/10 game at Bellagio or Venetian?
Usually two tables with really good action going at that time on Saturdays. The game plays bigger than the typical Las Vegas 5/10. Much more agro.

Last Saturday the game started late (4PM?) due to lack of regs, and nice weather.

Iffy for this weekend so call ahead.
Seattle Rounders is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2010, 06:12 AM   #112
663366
Pooh-Bah
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: depends
Posts: 3,876
Re: Seattle poker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Seattle Rounders View Post
The game plays bigger than the typical Las Vegas 5/10. Much more agro.
gotta love those who call seattle's 5/10 "bigger than vegas".. I mean c'mon, the typical 5/10 at venetian has maybe $100K on the table ya know??
663366 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2010, 11:03 AM   #113
Seattle Rounders
enthusiast
 
Join Date: May 2010
Posts: 97
Re: Seattle poker

Quote:
Originally Posted by 663366 View Post
gotta love those who call seattle's 5/10 "bigger than vegas".. I mean c'mon, the typical 5/10 at venetian has maybe $100K on the table ya know??
It also has a 2k pot how often?

There is obviously potential for far larger pots in uncapped games without the betting limit, but the potential doesn't live out nearly as often as you get the WA "NL" games turning into $500 limit games - which are far larger when you consider # of 3 and 4 bet pots pre-flop, and average pot sizes.
Seattle Rounders is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2010, 02:19 PM   #114
Seattleallstar
journeyman
 
Join Date: Mar 2005
Posts: 368
Re: Seattle poker

For 5/10 NL thats softer than a marshmellow go to Snoqulamie, Tulallip's 5/10 is the toughest 5/10 ive played. Bellagio, Venetian, Wynn 5/10 games are soft and there are alot of bad players with alot of money playing. All NL games in the Vancouver BC area are super easy.
Seattleallstar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2010, 10:23 PM   #115
KaizenK
old hand
 
KaizenK's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Posts: 1,743
Re: Seattle poker

Quote:
Originally Posted by jda2002 View Post
I just wanted to give the latest scoop on my favorite casino in the Seattle area, Muckleshoot.

They always have 3-5NL going, $200-$500 buyin, live straddles of any amount are acceptable. 5-5 (must bring in for 10, 1k max buy in) and 5-10 ( 1k max buy in) run occasionally, particularly on weekends like super sunday (1st sunday of every month.)

Limit games are always 3-6 and 4-8 with full kills, and on super sunday's they often have 8-16 with full kills. 4-8 Omaha high-low split is running most of the time too.

$100-$200 limit mixed games run fairly frequently, some weeks every night, other weeks just a few days. Occasionally this game will be $150-$300, though not too often.

Pot Limit Omaha is spread very very infrequently. Its usually a 5-5 game, and the action is often fast and furious. Last time they spread it the game resumed every night for several days, but their has to be interest and often it's only played once every few months.

Muckleshoot will generally start an interest list for any game you want to play, so long as it is something they are willing to spread. It's the closest one to me, only an Hour away lol, so it's become my poker room of choice.
I only play the 3-5 spread game.

NLH Tournaments are spread 7 nights a week at 7pm. usually it's a $65 buy in, but occasionally it's higher.

WA state has a stupid and pointless $500 max bet rule, but most of the time it doesnt really get in the way of the action. Its still pretty easy to get most, if not all, of your stack involved in one hand if you actually wanted too.

High hands are $100 every half hour. on super sundays they are $500 every half hour. Monte Carlo boards are reset at 3 am every morning. If a hand has been hit twice in a day, no more jackpots will be available for it until 3am the next morning. Bad beat is Quad 8's or better beaten, and goes up $500 a day. ( It's 37,000 right now)
I rescind what I've said previously about the Muck. It's gotten better IMO, maybe its just the games are good now hehe.

Is there any benefit for the clocking in with the Players Card? I know Emerald Queen gives out $25 meal comps. It would be nice if the EQ would reopen their poker room, but it doesn't look like that will ever happen.
KaizenK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2010, 04:35 PM   #116
brick
Pooh-Bah
 
brick's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2003
Location: Seattle
Posts: 3,852
Re: Seattle poker

Quote:
Originally Posted by brick View Post
Hey Seattle Poker Players,

There are some strange betting limit proposals being worked through the gambling commission.

http://www.wsgc.wa.gov/

Please email SusanA@wsgc.wa.gov and tell them you support increased betting limits for poker in Washington State.

Here is an email I recieved from Susan:

I wanted to let you know that at the July 9, 2010, Commission meeting, the Texas Hold’em Work Group will present a proposal to create a pilot program to increase wager limits from $40 to $100 for the game of Texas Hold’em. The program would last for 18 months.

The pilot program would be used test the regulatory and economic impacts of higher wager limits for the game of Texas Hold’em poker. In addition, it would help determine whether there is a demand for higher wagering limits for Texas Hold’em poker.

There will be discussions as to which card rooms would be able to participate in the test program:

Alternative #1: All card game licensees; or
Alternative #2: House-banked and Class F card game licensees; or
Alternative #3: House-banked card game licensees.

Number of licensees affected by the three Alternatives:

Alternative #1: 362
Alternative #2: 76
Alternative #3: 71


If a pilot program is established, at the end of the 18 months, the Commission will evaluate the information and determine whether the wager increase should be made permanent.

Click here for meeting agenda and details about the proposed rule change.

I hope you find this information helpful. Please let me know if you have any questions.

Sincerely,
Susan Arland
brick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2010, 11:47 PM   #117
Ray Zee
Carpal \'Tunnel
 
Join Date: Aug 2002
Location: montana usa
Posts: 12,737
Re: Seattle poker

typical gambling commissions. trying to see if there is a demand for higher betting limits. all they have to do is go to the indian casinos in their own state and take a look.
Ray Zee is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2010, 07:41 AM   #118
Seattle Rounders
enthusiast
 
Join Date: May 2010
Posts: 97
Re: Seattle poker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ray Zee View Post
typical gambling commissions. trying to see if there is a demand for higher betting limits. all they have to do is go to the indian casinos in their own state and take a look.
The minutes from the gaming commision meeting from (i think) May actually cites the small number of "large" games at the tribal casinos to show that there is no demand for increasing or eliminating the $500 max bet. "Where is the demand?" is asked in the report. The gaming commision in WA is completely clueless.

My best guess is that the small number of large games is sampled from mon-weds afternoons in the summer, instead of thurs-sat evenings in the fall/winter when 10/20NL would easily be sustainable at a couple of the tribal casinos.
Seattle Rounders is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2010, 08:11 AM   #119
QuadsOverQuads
old hand
 
Join Date: Aug 2004
Posts: 1,534
Re: Seattle poker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Seattle Rounders View Post
The minutes from the gaming commision meeting from (i think) May actually cites the small number of "large" games at the tribal casinos to show that there is no demand for increasing or eliminating the $500 max bet. "Where is the demand?" is asked in the report.
Actually, it's a pretty good question for them to ask.

Basically, the RGA's goal is to try and set up a whole bunch of sh*tty little 1/2 "baby NL" games to pull business from the tribal casinos (there's *absolutely zero* demand for limit games > 20/40, so it's *only* about NL, and only a 1/2 structure can even marginally work under a 50bb cap).

But consider now: if this measure is approved (which it will be), what will tribal casinos do in response? If the new 1/2 games get any action (which they will, at the expense of small limit-game action), the tribal casinos will respond by adding a ton of new 1/2 games to their mix (with a $500 betting limit) to pull the 1/2 players back, which basically will kill a lot of their current 2/5-level action.

Good plan, huh? The net result is that the games pretty much get worse everywhere.

Quote:
The gaming commision in WA is completely clueless.
About poker, yeah, pretty much. Unfortunately, that makes them easily manipulated by the RGA and other lobbying groups, none of which seem to have much interest in the long-term health of the game.

Quote:
My best guess is that the small number of large games is sampled from mon-weds afternoons in the summer, instead of thurs-sat evenings in the fall/winter when 10/20NL would easily be sustainable at a couple of the tribal casinos.
10/20 NL ($500 cap) is already allowed at the tribal casinos, and this proposal won't affect them at all. Meanwhile, none of the non-tribals are going to offer 10/20 NL under a $100 betting cap, which is the only change under discussion here.

Long story short: the only things this proposal will do is change the current 1/2~40 games into 1/2~100 games -- killing off a lot of the remaining limit action in the process -- and force the tribals to move from 2/5 as their entry-level game down to 1/2.

It will, of course, be easily approved, because nobody really seems to get how the back-and-forth of this thing will play out.


q/q
QuadsOverQuads is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2010, 08:27 AM   #120
QuadsOverQuads
old hand
 
Join Date: Aug 2004
Posts: 1,534
Re: Seattle poker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Seattle Rounders View Post
demand for increasing or eliminating the $500 max bet.
Again, just to clarify: this proposal has nothing to do with the $500 max bet at tribal casinos. This is only about raising the limits at *non-tribal* rooms from $40 to $100.

q/q
QuadsOverQuads is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2010, 12:21 PM   #121
Seattle Rounders
enthusiast
 
Join Date: May 2010
Posts: 97
Re: Seattle poker

Quote:
Originally Posted by QuadsOverQuads View Post
Again, just to clarify: this proposal has nothing to do with the $500 max bet at tribal casinos. This is only about raising the limits at *non-tribal* rooms from $40 to $100.

q/q
I understand that, I also know that the relatively low use of that class game is an argument the gaming commision uses to keep a cap in place. Directly I was brining it up as an example in agreement with Ray.

I know that 10/20 blind 500 max is allowed in the tribal casinos, and have even played it at Tulalip one of the few times I know of it being spread, but it was just the standard 5/10 game with the same regs that generally stradle anyways. I argue that 10/20 true NL is sustainable 5-6 months a year if the 500 max bet is removed; and 5/10 year round.

The gaming commision simply doesn't understand the (poker) games they are regulating and the micro and macro effects of their imposed betting limitations, especially in the larger games.
Seattle Rounders is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2010, 03:32 PM   #122
kyleb
Carpal \'Tunnel
 
kyleb's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2004
Location: Seattle
Posts: 39,012
Re: Seattle poker

The big bet games in Vancouver, BC are unbelievably good. I've only played 2/5 through 10/25 (or 10/20, can't remember) PLO and PLO/8, but my friends say the NL games are great too.

Are there any consistent PLO games around here? (Seattle) I don't mind playing PLO/NL round-by-round either. Failing that, mid-high O/8? (8-16 or higher)
kyleb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2010, 01:48 AM   #123
Bantam222
veteran
 
Bantam222's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2006
Location: Seattle
Posts: 2,361
Re: Seattle poker

Does anyone play at parkers casino? I play there a decent amount they usually can get 5 or 6 tables running during their peak hours where they give you $499 high hands every hour. pretty good action
Bantam222 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2010, 04:34 AM   #124
Schwags
grinder
 
Join Date: Apr 2005
Posts: 667
Re: Seattle poker

the 5/10 in wa is not even close tot he action of 5/10 vegas.. atleast not during wsop.
Schwags is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2010, 05:27 AM   #125
zac2bets
journeyman
 
Join Date: Nov 2008
Location: LOLimitHE
Posts: 213
Re: Seattle poker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bantam222 View Post
Does anyone play at parkers casino? I play there a decent amount they usually can get 5 or 6 tables running during their peak hours where they give you $499 high hands every hour. pretty good action
Whats your name, I bet I know you
zac2bets is offline   Reply With Quote

Reply
      

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off


Forum Jump


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 10:13 PM.


Powered by vBulletin®
Copyright ©2000 - 2017, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Copyright © 2008-2010, Two Plus Two Interactive
 
 
Poker Players - Streaming Live Online