Two Plus Two Publishing LLC
Two Plus Two Publishing LLC
 

Go Back   Two Plus Two Poker Forums > >

Notices

Venues & Communities Discussion of live, legal poker venues, and discussion among players in live poker "neighborhoods."

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-03-2009, 02:59 PM   #51
bige321786
grinder
 
bige321786's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Location: San Diego, CA
Posts: 630
Re: San Diego Poker Group (2)

i live in san diego and play a lot, i could probably answer a lot of your questions
pm me if you want or ask them here, i dunno what exactly you're looking for
bige321786 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2009, 03:00 PM   #52
bige321786
grinder
 
bige321786's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Location: San Diego, CA
Posts: 630
Re: San Diego Poker Group (2)

Quote:
Originally Posted by chilidog0425 View Post
i have seen security card people at O11 many times. even after being seated in relativley big games (5-5 nl).
best bet is to go in the back door. and don't order any alcoholic beverages.
if you're under 21, do this.
find the smokers in the back and enter through the back door, should be no problem, look like you've been in a card room before and dont order booze, also try not to win the badbeat jackpot lol good luck pm me if you're going, we could meet up or something, or at viejas or barona, whatever, i'm down
village club is also a great place to play and i doubt they'd ever card you, unless you look 9 years old or something
bige321786 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2009, 05:51 PM   #53
ArsenalGunners1
adept
 
ArsenalGunners1's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Location: highbury
Posts: 927
Re: San Diego Poker Group (2)

yo ice, i go to usd too, play at barona like 2-3 times a week. possibly going wednesday night or friday depending on spring break plans. when you going next
ArsenalGunners1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2009, 05:55 PM   #54
IceMountain
banned
 
IceMountain's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: Research Lab
Posts: 5,348
Re: San Diego Poker Group (2)

Quote:
Originally Posted by ArsenalGunners1 View Post
yo ice, i go to usd too, play at barona like 2-3 times a week. possibly going wednesday night or friday depending on spring break plans. when you going next
what year are you?
IceMountain is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2009, 01:01 AM   #55
ArsenalGunners1
adept
 
ArsenalGunners1's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Location: highbury
Posts: 927
Re: San Diego Poker Group (2)

senior class of '09
ArsenalGunners1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2009, 02:23 AM   #56
Black_Angler
grinder
 
Black_Angler's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Posts: 414
Re: San Diego Poker Group (2)

Ugggh....went to O11 tonight and it was a rock farm. It's been a while since I've been there midweek, forgot what it was like. Nothing worse than being card dead in the middle of a rock farm....Blah! Think Im gonna take a trip up to Commerce or down to Borona this weekend...haven't figured which but I need a good ACTION table after my experience tonight..
Black_Angler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2009, 02:27 AM   #57
ORAG
grinder
 
Join Date: May 2008
Posts: 509
Re: San Diego Poker Group (2)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Black_Angler View Post
Ugggh....went to O11 tonight and it was a rock farm. It's been a while since I've been there midweek, forgot what it was like. Nothing worse than being card dead in the middle of a rock farm....Blah! Think Im gonna take a trip up to Commerce or down to Borona this weekend...haven't figured which but I need a good ACTION table after my experience tonight..
If you want good action avoid Borona. I like the room, but on the weekends the action is way better at O11.
ORAG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2009, 03:11 AM   #58
Black_Angler
grinder
 
Black_Angler's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Posts: 414
Re: San Diego Poker Group (2)

Quote:
Originally Posted by ORAG View Post
If you want good action avoid Borona. I like the room, but on the weekends the action is way better at O11.
Really??? Im surprised, thanks for saving me 15 bucks in gas! The action is great at O11 on weekends but I just need a change of pace. Commerce is so juicy....
Black_Angler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2009, 02:36 PM   #59
Margin Of Error
banned
 
Margin Of Error's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Posts: 3,476
Re: San Diego Poker Group (2)

anyone here play at village club regularly know what kind of action they get in their NL games?
Margin Of Error is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2009, 05:10 PM   #60
Black_Angler
grinder
 
Black_Angler's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Posts: 414
Re: San Diego Poker Group (2)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Margin Of Error View Post
anyone here play at village club regularly know what kind of action they get in their NL games?
I've seen it but have never played there. It makes me think of the Village people, and think they should at least make their dealers dress up as members. Something about a dude dressed as an Indian in full headgear dealing cards and keeping the game straight, now that's entertainment.
Black_Angler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2009, 03:07 PM   #61
bige321786
grinder
 
bige321786's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Location: San Diego, CA
Posts: 630
Re: San Diego Poker Group (2)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Margin Of Error View Post
anyone here play at village club regularly know what kind of action they get in their NL games?
the action is great there and consistent through the week
i mainly play limit and the 8 16 there is the best in town, can't really tell you much about the nl but the little i've watched seems very soft
good luck
bige321786 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2009, 04:14 PM   #62
21SuicideKing21
veteran
 
21SuicideKing21's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Location: Are You My Caucasian?
Posts: 2,153
Re: San Diego Poker Group (2)

are there any live plo games in sd? heard that there might be one at ocean's eleven.
21SuicideKing21 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2009, 04:29 PM   #63
ORAG
grinder
 
Join Date: May 2008
Posts: 509
Re: San Diego Poker Group (2)

Quote:
Originally Posted by 21SuicideKing21 View Post
are there any live plo games in sd? heard that there might be one at ocean's eleven.
Yep, Friday evenings at O11, 2/2 $100-$300 buy in, usually starts around 6 PM and goes till about 6 AM. See the other San Diego Poker Group thread for some more info (not sure why we started a new one).
ORAG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2009, 04:34 PM   #64
mfpaul
adept
 
mfpaul's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Posts: 716
Re: San Diego Poker Group (2)

what are the limits that the three card clubs in town (not counting 0-11) spread?

Village Club, Lucky Lady, and Palomar club are all in town but I've never been. I don't even know where they are to be honest but I've always been curious what limits they spread and what the places are like?

should you be afraid when you go there or are they okay?

do they cater more to the mid and upper stakes games or do they have the kiddie games too?

Just wondering.
mfpaul is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2009, 05:02 PM   #65
I.M. Baked
veteran
 
I.M. Baked's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Location: Mongol Donk
Posts: 2,583
Re: San Diego Poker Group (2)

to the under 21 thinking of playing at oceans, if you were playing there and got caught oh noes they will ask you to rack up and leave. so you better be real carefull or else.
I.M. Baked is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2009, 05:06 PM   #66
ORAG
grinder
 
Join Date: May 2008
Posts: 509
Re: San Diego Poker Group (2)

Quote:
Originally Posted by I.M. Baked View Post
to the under 21 thinking of playing at oceans, if you were playing there and got caught oh noes they will ask you to rack up and leave. so you better be real carefull or else.
Agreed, I would strongly recommend not trying to sneak in, especially when legal options are available in the area.
ORAG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2009, 05:18 PM   #67
chitwood
journeyman
 
Join Date: Aug 2004
Location: wish I knew.
Posts: 361
Re: San Diego Poker Group (2)

I'm going on a work/golf trip in August and we are staying at Aviara. Never been out there before, but it looks like O11 is far and away the closest spot, is it not?
chitwood is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2009, 05:39 PM   #68
Margin Of Error
banned
 
Margin Of Error's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Posts: 3,476
Re: San Diego Poker Group (2)

Quote:
Originally Posted by chitwood View Post
I'm going on a work/golf trip in August and we are staying at Aviara. Never been out there before, but it looks like O11 is far and away the closest spot, is it not?
Nah hop on the 5 north you will be at Oceans 11 in 10-15 mins tops.
Margin Of Error is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2009, 07:50 PM   #69
chitwood
journeyman
 
Join Date: Aug 2004
Location: wish I knew.
Posts: 361
Re: San Diego Poker Group (2)

Thanks, Margin.
chitwood is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2009, 09:53 PM   #70
sicvic
enthusiast
 
Join Date: Aug 2003
Posts: 60
Re: San Diego Poker Group (2)

Quote:
Originally Posted by I.M. Baked View Post
to the under 21 thinking of playing at oceans, if you were playing there and got caught oh noes they will ask you to rack up and leave. so you better be real carefull or else.
This would also be the second worst scenario that could happen. The worst being getting involved in a jackpot and having the management kill it due to an underage player. You may not make it out of the parking lot alive.
sicvic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2009, 10:06 PM   #71
Black_Angler
grinder
 
Black_Angler's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Posts: 414
Re: San Diego Poker Group (2)

Quote:
Originally Posted by sicvic View Post
This would also be the second worst scenario that could happen. The worst being getting involved in a jackpot and having the management kill it due to an underage player. You may not make it out of the parking lot alive.
I know it's lame and it wouldn't allow you to keep playing, but why can't you just "forget" your ID if asked? At least you could get out with your ass in the case of a jackpot. Besides, I don't think they void a jackpot if you can't show ID. If you showed and were underage, perhaps, but with no proof that you are underage they can't void it. They would probably just leave the chips at the cage for you to pick up when you come back with your ID. In that case it might actually be worth it to invest in a high end fake.

Of course I would never advocate breaking the law, I just don't see the extreme danger in giving it a shot.
Black_Angler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2009, 10:57 PM   #72
mfpaul
adept
 
mfpaul's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Posts: 716
Re: San Diego Poker Group (2)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Black_Angler View Post
I know it's lame and it wouldn't allow you to keep playing, but why can't you just "forget" your ID if asked? At least you could get out with your ass in the case of a jackpot. Besides, I don't think they void a jackpot if you can't show ID. If you showed and were underage, perhaps, but with no proof that you are underage they can't void it. They would probably just leave the chips at the cage for you to pick up when you come back with your ID. In that case it might actually be worth it to invest in a high end fake.

Of course I would never advocate breaking the law, I just don't see the extreme danger in giving it a shot.
i don't think they'd void it but I also don't think you'd be entitled to any of it regardless of whether you came back with ID or not. My guess is you'd not be eligible for your share and your share would be spread out to the rest of the table.
mfpaul is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2009, 07:53 PM   #73
chilidog0425
veteran
 
chilidog0425's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Posts: 2,127
Re: San Diego Poker Group (2)

having a player under 21 won't kill the jackpot, he just won't get paid. that happened in the back room a couple years ago.
chilidog0425 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2009, 07:55 PM   #74
chilidog0425
veteran
 
chilidog0425's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Posts: 2,127
Re: San Diego Poker Group (2)

PLO tonight at oceans 11.
2/2, $100 - 300.

omahahaha.
chilidog0425 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2009, 09:08 PM   #75
mfpaul
adept
 
mfpaul's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Posts: 716
Re: San Diego Poker Group (2)

Quote:
Originally Posted by chilidog0425 View Post
PLO tonight at oceans 11.
2/2, $100 - 300.

omahahaha.
how about we start a separate thread for San Diego Poker - Ocean's 11 PLO
mfpaul is offline   Reply With Quote

Reply
      

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off


Forum Jump


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 10:55 AM.


Powered by vBulletin®
Copyright ©2000 - 2019, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Copyright © 2008-2017, Two Plus Two Interactive
 
 
Poker Players - Streaming Live Online