Two Plus Two Publishing LLC Two Plus Two Publishing LLC
 

Go Back   Two Plus Two Poker Forums > >

Notices

Venues & Communities Discussion of live, legal poker venues, and discussion among players in live poker "neighborhoods."

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-31-2018, 04:07 PM   #76
daveygravy
Poker Room Rep
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Posts: 334
Re: Resorts World Catskills (formerly Montreign RC) (NY) Hype Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by JimmyConway View Post
Are there any plans for a Bad Beat Jackpot as well as high hand?
Yes will we definitely have both. March 1st still the opening date.

Davey
daveygravy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2018, 04:08 PM   #77
daveygravy
Poker Room Rep
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Posts: 334
Re: Resorts World Catskills (formerly Montreign RC) (NY) Hype Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by JimmyConway View Post
I dont think he is referring to texting at the table, but a program that will send an auto-text when your name is on the list for registration so you have the freedom to go about the Casino while you wait
Yes we will have texting for seat openings

Davey
daveygravy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2018, 09:59 PM   #78
CohibaBehike
Pooh-Bah
 
CohibaBehike's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Location: LS Life
Posts: 3,555
Re: Resorts World Catskills (formerly Montreign RC) (NY) Hype Thread

poker room opens 23 days before I take ethics portion of bar exam, still think I am coming though.
CohibaBehike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2018, 12:07 PM   #79
Playbig2000
Carpal \'Tunnel
 
Playbig2000's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: Suffern, NY
Posts: 6,856
Re: Resorts World Catskills (formerly Montreign RC) (NY) Hype Thread

Opening Ceremony is now being streamed Live on this page

http://www.recordonline.com/news/201...skills-opening
Playbig2000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2018, 12:31 PM   #80
tellypl
grinder
 
Join Date: Sep 2014
Posts: 589
Re: Resorts World Catskills (formerly Montreign RC) (NY) Hype Thread

3 weeks till poker room opening! Will be there for the first weekend :-).
tellypl is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2018, 05:09 PM   #81
Playbig2000
Carpal \'Tunnel
 
Playbig2000's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: Suffern, NY
Posts: 6,856
Re: Resorts World Catskills (formerly Montreign RC) (NY) Hype Thread

Davey will there be a ribbon cutting ceremony for the poker room on March 1st as well?
Playbig2000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2018, 12:20 AM   #82
Playbig2000
Carpal \'Tunnel
 
Playbig2000's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: Suffern, NY
Posts: 6,856
Re: Resorts World Catskills (formerly Montreign RC) (NY) Hype Thread

I watched the tour that was given to the news media this morning and the person giving the tour said to the press "Right up those escalators is the poker room The Rolls Royce of Poker Rooms, with it's own food service".

I can't wait to see this room in 3 weeks

Sent from my SM-G930V using 2+2 Forums
Playbig2000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2018, 07:35 AM   #83
ameripoker
stranger
 
Join Date: Oct 2012
Location: NYC
Posts: 10
Re: Resorts World Catskills (formerly Montreign RC) (NY) Hype Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by Playbig2000 View Post
I watched the tour that was given to the news media this morning and the person giving the tour said to the press "Right up those escalators is the poker room The Rolls Royce of Poker Rooms, with it's own food service".

I can't wait to see this room in 3 weeks

Sent from my SM-G930V using 2+2 Forums
Well, that is very big talk - I hope it is true. Borgata set the bar very high, especially with the redeveloped food court right down the escalator with a bunch of new and excellent food options. To me it isn't the frills but the lively action and robust tournament schedule that counts. Its go big or go home, RWC!
ameripoker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2018, 11:52 AM   #84
borg23
Carpal \'Tunnel
 
Join Date: Nov 2012
Posts: 7,304
Re: Resorts World Catskills (formerly Montreign RC) (NY) Hype Thread

does anyone know what their blackjack rules/number of decks are?
borg23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2018, 11:58 AM   #85
socccer4life3
grinder
 
socccer4life3's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Location: NYC
Posts: 582
Re: Resorts World Catskills (formerly Montreign RC) (NY) Hype Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by CohibaBehike View Post
poker room opens 23 days before I take ethics portion of bar exam, still think I am coming though.
Come pick me up I'll go

Sent from my SM-G950U1 using Tapatalk
socccer4life3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2018, 12:45 PM   #86
mitchapal00za
stranger
 
Join Date: Dec 2017
Posts: 3
Re: Resorts World Catskills (formerly Montreign RC) (NY) Hype Thread

I hope PLO will be a big part of this room. planning on making regular trips if it is. I play up at rivers in Schenectady and we cant even get 1/2 plo to go more than maybe twice a month
mitchapal00za is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2018, 09:50 PM   #87
daveygravy
Poker Room Rep
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Posts: 334
Re: Resorts World Catskills (formerly Montreign RC) (NY) Hype Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by Playbig2000 View Post
Davey will there be a ribbon cutting ceremony for the poker room on March 1st as well?
No ribbon cutting planned but I like the idea of a smaller version. Thanks I will check it out.

Davey
daveygravy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2018, 09:54 PM   #88
daveygravy
Poker Room Rep
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Posts: 334
Re: Resorts World Catskills (formerly Montreign RC) (NY) Hype Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by borg23 View Post
does anyone know what their blackjack rules/number of decks are?
Anything in particular you would like to know?

1st floor is 6 deck, shufflers, 3:2, some Double Deck games, dealer hits soft 17.
$25 min games and above are no mid shoe entry.

Sidebets are kings bounty, 21+3, and blazing 7's progressive.

Davey
daveygravy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2018, 09:55 PM   #89
daveygravy
Poker Room Rep
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Posts: 334
Re: Resorts World Catskills (formerly Montreign RC) (NY) Hype Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by mitchapal00za View Post
I hope PLO will be a big part of this room. planning on making regular trips if it is. I play up at rivers in Schenectady and we cant even get 1/2 plo to go more than maybe twice a month
Well FWIW I want this to be a staple game.

2-2, 5-5, and 10-10 will be the blinds in PLO.

Davey
daveygravy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2018, 11:35 PM   #90
borg23
Carpal \'Tunnel
 
Join Date: Nov 2012
Posts: 7,304
Re: Resorts World Catskills (formerly Montreign RC) (NY) Hype Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by daveygravy View Post
Well FWIW I want this to be a staple game.

2-2, 5-5, and 10-10 will be the blinds in PLO.

Davey
that would be awesome!
borg23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2018, 07:11 PM   #91
Playbig2000
Carpal \'Tunnel
 
Playbig2000's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: Suffern, NY
Posts: 6,856
Trip Report my first trip to Resorts World Catiskills

My Trip Report for my first RWC Trip!!!

Today, Sunday Feb 11, I decided to take a ride up to the casino to finally check it out, get my players card and hopefully get a peek at the poker room so here is my trip report for my first ever trip (hopefully many more to come) to the new casino.

I left my house at about 10:40am, and even though there was heavy rain and fog the whole trip, I still made it there in a minute or two under an hour. The casino is right off exit 106 of the Quickway (route 17). When you exit the highway, you go through a traffic circle and then onto Resorts World Drive which is a very long entrance road. When you finally arrive at the casino, there's a lot of outdoor parking in front of the hotel, but since it was raining I drove around looking for the parking garage which I knew they had.

I drove around to the back and entered the parking garage on the bottom floor. My usual routine is to park on one of the upper floors that aren't too crowded so I can park right in front of the elevator. That garage was a little confusing, but I finally made it to what seemed like the top floor. I thought to myself, they have a roof over the top floor, it's not out in the open, but it is what it is.

So I entered the parking garage elevator expecting to go down to the first floor to the casino but instead, the casino was on the top floor and I was one floor below the casino on L1. The parking garage is actually below the casino.

The elevator lets you out right in front of the Players Club sign-in area which did have a long line but it went pretty fast. Right up the escalator from that area is the poker room but the escalator was closed, so no way for playbig to get a peek, even after asking a security guard nearby who told me they were laying down the carpet and I couldn't go up.

When you sign up for a players card you get a free spin at one of the promotions kiosks for free slot play. The wheel spins right at the kiosk and I got $30 free play. Idk if everyone gets the same amount, but it got loaded onto my card.

After that I took a walk around the casino. It seemed a little smaller than I thought it would be, and most of the machines were occupied as well as all the low limit BJ tables. The quarter limit tables did have seat available, but when I play table games for fun I prefer craps. So I played at a craps table and bought in for $200 to play for fun. I played my usual craps system, which is after every point, I make 3 DC bets, one at a time, until I have them behind numbers then wait for the next point. I like this strategy bc once you have a lot of bets out there, one seven and I win them all. I started with the table minimum of $15, and I started to get 3 bets up there no problem, and then a 7 comes and I win them all. So I began to go to $20, and then $25 bets. After about 90 min. I was up about $350 and the table started to get choppy so I just colored up and left. I'll take that win from a -EV game in a heartbeat.

After craps I wanted to play my free slot play so I walked around looking for the poker machines. I played video poker and was able to cash out $19 profit out of the free play but I have to say this casino is on the congested side. There's not a lot of free space in there. Even when I was at the craps table, which was at the end of a pit, there was a roulette table right next to it and the back of a chair from the game was right up against the guy's back who was playing on the end of the table. As I've said earlier, I don't know why they didn't make this place a lot bigger, especially since they were basically starting from scratch.

Another negative imo besides the casino being a little congested is the food. Not the quality of the food, but the availability of it. When I first arrived I wanted a cup of coffee which I got in the food court. The coffee area is the only place in the food court where you could walk up and order something (only coffee and cake). The rest of the food court was self services. The way it works is there's a big menu board on the wall that shows what's available such as burgers, a pizza, salads and a few mexican options. Then, what you have to do is use one of the kiosks in the food court to electronically place your order, then you wait for it to come out. I saw so many people, especially older people like senior citizens who obviously aren't comfortable using computer screens (but a lot of younger people too) walk in there, take a look around, seem confused, scratch their heads and leave.

Before I left I wanted to grab something to eat so I checked out the Doubletop Bar & Grill which didn't seem too busy but I was quickly warned there was a two hour wait for food. I asked her if it was because everyone was new, getting used to their jobs, etc. but she looked at me and said "No, we had a lot of mock trial runs but all of a sudden everyone started to come in here at the same time". It was like 4pm lol maybe that was why? So I left hungry probably like most of the people who went. I know there's an italian steak house still under construction, but as far as casual food, I don't think they did a very good job.

On a positive note, the employees were all very friendly and their customer service skills, including the dealers and pit crew I've encountered, was above what I've experienced in other casinos. I know everyone there is new but they seem very positive and happy to be working there.

But of course, I'm not there for the food, or the casino. I think, based on how crowded the casino was today, that poker room is gonna be booming when it opens on March 1st. We're less than 3 weeks away!!!

Playbig2000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2018, 09:24 PM   #92
ckmoney
journeyman
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: New Jersey
Posts: 209
Re: Trip Report my first trip to Resorts World Catiskills

Quote:
Originally Posted by Playbig2000 View Post
My Trip Report for my first RWC Trip!!!

Today, Sunday Feb 11, I decided to take a ride up to the casino to finally check it out, get my players card and hopefully get a peek at the poker room so here is my trip report for my first ever trip (hopefully many more to come) to the new casino.

I left my house at about 10:40am, and even though there was heavy rain and fog the whole trip, I still made it there in a minute or two under an hour. The casino is right off exit 106 of the Quickway (route 17). When you exit the highway, you go through a traffic circle and then onto Resorts World Drive which is a very long entrance road. When you finally arrive at the casino, there's a lot of outdoor parking in front of the hotel, but since it was raining I drove around looking for the parking garage which I knew they had.

I drove around to the back and entered the parking garage on the bottom floor. My usual routine is to park on one of the upper floors that aren't too crowded so I can park right in front of the elevator. That garage was a little confusing, but I finally made it to what seemed like the top floor. I thought to myself, they have a roof over the top floor, it's not out in the open, but it is what it is.

So I entered the parking garage elevator expecting to go down to the first floor to the casino but instead, the casino was on the top floor and I was one floor below the casino on L1. The parking garage is actually below the casino.

The elevator lets you out right in front of the Players Club sign-in area which did have a long line but it went pretty fast. Right up the escalator from that area is the poker room but the escalator was closed, so no way for playbig to get a peek, even after asking a security guard nearby who told me they were laying down the carpet and I couldn't go up.

When you sign up for a players card you get a free spin at one of the promotions kiosks for free slot play. The wheel spins right at the kiosk and I got $30 free play. Idk if everyone gets the same amount, but it got loaded onto my card.

After that I took a walk around the casino. It seemed a little smaller than I thought it would be, and most of the machines were occupied as well as all the low limit BJ tables. The quarter limit tables did have seat available, but when I play table games for fun I prefer craps. So I played at a craps table and bought in for $200 to play for fun. I played my usual craps system, which is after every point, I make 3 DC bets, one at a time, until I have them behind numbers then wait for the next point. I like this strategy bc once you have a lot of bets out there, one seven and I win them all. I started with the table minimum of $15, and I started to get 3 bets up there no problem, and then a 7 comes and I win them all. So I began to go to $20, and then $25 bets. After about 90 min. I was up about $350 and the table started to get choppy so I just colored up and left. I'll take that win from a -EV game in a heartbeat.

After craps I wanted to play my free slot play so I walked around looking for the poker machines. I played video poker and was able to cash out $19 profit out of the free play but I have to say this casino is on the congested side. There's not a lot of free space in there. Even when I was at the craps table, which was at the end of a pit, there was a roulette table right next to it and the back of a chair from the game was right up against the guy's back who was playing on the end of the table. As I've said earlier, I don't know why they didn't make this place a lot bigger, especially since they were basically starting from scratch.

Another negative imo besides the casino being a little congested is the food. Not the quality of the food, but the availability of it. When I first arrived I wanted a cup of coffee which I got in the food court. The coffee area is the only place in the food court where you could walk up and order something (only coffee and cake). The rest of the food court was self services. The way it works is there's a big menu board on the wall that shows what's available such as burgers, a pizza, salads and a few mexican options. Then, what you have to do is use one of the kiosks in the food court to electronically place your order, then you wait for it to come out. I saw so many people, especially older people like senior citizens who obviously aren't comfortable using computer screens (but a lot of younger people too) walk in there, take a look around, seem confused, scratch their heads and leave.

Before I left I wanted to grab something to eat so I checked out the Doubletop Bar & Grill which didn't seem too busy but I was quickly warned there was a two hour wait for food. I asked her if it was because everyone was new, getting used to their jobs, etc. but she looked at me and said "No, we had a lot of mock trial runs but all of a sudden everyone started to come in here at the same time". It was like 4pm lol maybe that was why? So I left hungry probably like most of the people who went. I know there's an italian steak house still under construction, but as far as casual food, I don't think they did a very good job.

On a positive note, the employees were all very friendly and their customer service skills, including the dealers and pit crew I've encountered, was above what I've experienced in other casinos. I know everyone there is new but they seem very positive and happy to be working there.

But of course, I'm not there for the food, or the casino. I think, based on how crowded the casino was today, that poker room is gonna be booming when it opens on March 1st. We're less than 3 weeks away!!!

I also went today, just got home. I was not impressed actually rather disappointed. Food choices were a joke, tried to eat at Doubletop and gave up after an hour and the place was 1/2 empty. We ended up at the food court, to start with you need to use a kiosk!@#$^%^&& WTF I just washed my hands so I can eat now I need to touch a screen that 100's of people who have not washed their hands touched. $40.33 for burger, chicken cheese steak, two fries and two soft drinks. Took 38 mins from time I printed receipt to time I got my food and the entire time a women is yelling peoples ready order numbers so loud it was unbelievable. Food was some of the worst I have had at a casino. Played BJ for about 5 hours dealers were bad but that is to be expected. I hope the poker room is not as disappointing as the casino is...
ckmoney is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2018, 05:32 PM   #93
ab51194
newbie
 
Join Date: Feb 2017
Location: Northern NJ
Posts: 39
Re: Resorts World Catskills (formerly Montreign RC) (NY) Hype Thread

Anyone know how many table's they plan on having?

This is literally the same distance as Sands is from my town in North NJ. Curious to see which ends up being my go to spot.
ab51194 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2018, 07:27 AM   #94
child please
newbie
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Posts: 30
Re: Resorts World Catskills (formerly Montreign RC) (NY) Hype Thread

I don't want to be a downer but based on the area the casino is in, it's going to be a horror show. It's a depressed area with nothing but this casino (now). I hope I'm wrong but this will never reach the level of a sands or Foxwoods-Mohegan sun. The time for a casino in Monticello was the 1960's. They've waited too long
child please is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2018, 11:05 AM   #95
ab51194
newbie
 
Join Date: Feb 2017
Location: Northern NJ
Posts: 39
Re: Resorts World Catskills (formerly Montreign RC) (NY) Hype Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by child please View Post
I don't want to be a downer but based on the area the casino is in, it's going to be a horror show. It's a depressed area with nothing but this casino (now). I hope I'm wrong but this will never reach the level of a sands or Foxwoods-Mohegan sun. The time for a casino in Monticello was the 1960's. They've waited too long
TBF there's not much to do near Sands either. Most of us go strictly for poker..I can think of a million things I'd rather do than go to Bethlehem in my free time lol. North Jerz is stupid and voted against the casino so I have no choice.
ab51194 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2018, 11:07 AM   #96
Playbig2000
Carpal \'Tunnel
 
Playbig2000's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: Suffern, NY
Posts: 6,856
Re: Resorts World Catskills (formerly Montreign RC) (NY) Hype Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by ab51194 View Post
Anyone know how many table's they plan on having?
19 tables.

Quote:
Originally Posted by child please View Post
I don't want to be a downer but based on the area the casino is in, it's going to be a horror show. It's a depressed area with nothing but this casino (now). I hope I'm wrong but this will never reach the level of a sands or Foxwoods-Mohegan sun. The time for a casino in Monticello was the 1960's. They've waited too long
Do you think the only people that are expected to play in this casino are from the Monticello area? And you think it's gonna be a "horror show" because no one wants to go to a depressed area? The casino is right off of a major highway - you don't even see any part of the surrounding towns while traveling there.

When I was there Sunday it was packed. Also, if you read the comments on their fb page, a lot of people were complaining about going there for poker but the room wasn't open yet and they weren't aware.

I do wanna say when this room first opens up, we can't expect all the dealers to be fast and mistake free, or quick food and beverage service right off the bat. It's gonna be a work in progress, just like table games is now (most of the table game dealers I saw were new to the industry and it was basically a hands on training session). This room will evolve and need to be expanded within the first few months.
Playbig2000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2018, 06:33 PM   #97
Dr. Fells
stranger
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Posts: 10
Re: Resorts World Catskills (formerly Montreign RC) (NY) Hype Thread

I also was there Sunday. Also for a scout out trip. Boy was I disappointed. I will say that when I initially walked in, I said, " okay, this is nice". It is aesthetically pleasing. Then...when I delved deeper. ...

I started off by deciding I wanted something to eat. I went to a large restroom that had 6 sinks if I am not mistaken. After going 0 for 5...the 6th sinks soap dispenser finally had soap. Naturally no one else was bothering, and it's a pretty disgusting situation. I headed to the food court to see that other than coffee or cake, food can ONLY be ordered through a self service kiosk. Now...these are in general already disgusting. However, in a casino where peoples hands are excessively filthy, and in a casino that doesn't have soap in the bathrooms? Oh boy. Like ckmoney previously stated, 100's of peoples dirty hands all over the kiosk. Is one really expected to press all the buttons and then eat with those same hands? I couldn't even believe it. Took 17 minutes to get the food. ( not outrageous) Cheese steak was meh.

For my foray into the casino. I first went to the hotel section and asked to see a room. For the good news. The rooms are large. Nice bathrooms, nice beds, and plenty of space. For the bad news...the television is off to the right and cannot be seen while laying on the bed. ( I realize this is hard to believe). I asked the attendant what was going on, and he responded, " we want you to enjoy the catskills views, AND not be in the rooms for long lengths of time". Umm..if I come upstairs at 1am tosleep, what view would I be looking at? I've been to over 100 hotels in my life. Over 40 casino hotels. Only once ( I don't recall where), have I ever seen this. Also...if I wanna sit in the room and watch television..that's my business. I don't wanna hear they don't want me in the room. Does this mean they are going to erroneously sound the fire alarm too?

For the casino floor. I went to play pai gow poker. Firstly..they don't allow banking. I was told the NYS gaming commission hasn't approved it yet. How convenient. The cocktail waitress brought both my iced coffees with melted ice, and then I noticed another cocktail waitress who instead of coming up to the tables and asking each person if they would like a drink...she walked the aisles and SHOUTED, " beverages?!!"...up and down, up and down. Again...I realize this is hard to believe.

After playing pai gow, baccarat, and roulette for 3 hours...I went to the kiosk to check my comp points. I received exactly half what I would have gotten at Borgata during that time period. Again...very disappointing.

At this point I decided I wanted to wash my hands again and then leave. I went to a different area, with another large restroom. Yet again...1 of 6 soap dispensers had soap. I will say that there was a 1 gallon open container of hand soap sitting in the middle of the sinks...but...were people supposed to pick that up and pour it on their hands from the gallon bottle? I just don't get any of this.

On a positive note...all of the employees were nice and friendly. Cocktail waitresses, dealers, valet staff ( valet went smoothly with a non excessive 5 to 7 minute wait), and the hotel room attendant who showed me to the room.

I also fully understand that this was day 4, and things will/ should improve. But...some things probably won't. ( no humans to order food, and have to use filthy kiosks, not great food choices, can't bank pai gow, can't watch tv in the room unless you wanna stand or sit on the couch which is far back).

In the end...I'll be going for the poker room. So..that's my concern. That said..there is a big spill over effect, and I can only hope that Davey Gravy will pass these concerns onto the casino people. Borgata ( foxwoods and Mohegan too) is a huge competitior for RWC, and the NYC.,long island, NNJ market ( a market with deep pockets), will not come here for a 20 minute lesser drive, when it doesn't compare in any sense to those other places.
Dr. Fells is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2018, 07:41 PM   #98
Playlive
journeyman
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Location: JFK, IGM, LAS, IFP
Posts: 231
Re: Resorts World Catskills (formerly Montreign RC) (NY) Hype Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by child please View Post
I don't want to be a downer but based on the area the casino is in, it's going to be a horror show. It's a depressed area with nothing but this casino (now). I hope I'm wrong but this will never reach the level of a sands or Foxwoods-Mohegan sun. The time for a casino in Monticello was the 1960's. They've waited too long
You could add Parx to that list as well. I have my doubts too. Being a similar drive to FW and Parx being a lesser drive this poker room would have to knock it out of the park and I doubt it will. Probably be the obligatory Hold em action with no mixed games and no big tourneys.

When NY passed gaming and laid it out where downstate couldn't have a casino till 3 were built upstate I knew this would happen. It was wrong to exclude Long Island and I will spend my money in Philly playing at Parx till we come to our senses.
Playlive is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2018, 07:32 AM   #99
daveygravy
Poker Room Rep
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Posts: 334
Re: Resorts World Catskills (formerly Montreign RC) (NY) Hype Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by Playbig2000 View Post
19 tables.



Do you think the only people that are expected to play in this casino are from the Monticello area? And you think it's gonna be a "horror show" because no one wants to go to a depressed area? The casino is right off of a major highway - you don't even see any part of the surrounding towns while traveling there.

When I was there Sunday it was packed. Also, if you read the comments on their fb page, a lot of people were complaining about going there for poker but the room wasn't open yet and they weren't aware.

I do wanna say when this room first opens up, we can't expect all the dealers to be fast and mistake free, or quick food and beverage service right off the bat. It's gonna be a work in progress, just like table games is now (most of the table game dealers I saw were new to the industry and it was basically a hands on training session). This room will evolve and need to be expanded within the first few months.
Many good and honest points here. We will not be perfect on the start but will strive for continuous and expeditious improvement on any issues or concerns.

Please let me know, about table games and property based concerns as you see them. I have and will continue to pass on your feedback.

Davey
daveygravy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2018, 12:54 PM   #100
cjs
adept
 
cjs's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2003
Location: Hudson Valley
Posts: 921
Re: Resorts World Catskills (formerly Montreign RC) (NY) Hype Thread

Dave any thoughts to a o8 and/or OE game similar to parx?
cjs is offline   Reply With Quote

Reply
      

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off


Forum Jump


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 02:18 PM.


Powered by vBulletin®
Copyright ©2000 - 2018, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Copyright © 2008-2017, Two Plus Two Interactive
 
 
Poker Players - Streaming Live Online