Two Plus Two Publishing LLC Two Plus Two Publishing LLC
 

Go Back   Two Plus Two Poker Forums > >

Venues & Communities Discussion of live, legal poker venues, and discussion among players in live poker "neighborhoods."

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-16-2010, 10:17 PM   #1526
frankiem
journeyman
 
Join Date: May 2003
Posts: 202
Quote:
Originally Posted by IluvParxPoker View Post
I was just wondering what the normal buy in is at the 8/16 game..... sick of playing nl and sick of playing the 4/8 game as well.... time to move up in stakes so I can have more than that $300 dollars someone said to put into my box.
25 big bets is standard but if you play an aggressive game I would opt for 35+. Standard deviation for frlhe is 10bb which means you will have swings of 10 times the big bet both ways. If you play more conservative your swings will be lower and higher if you play a more lag style.

The 8-16 lhe game can be tricky. I sat in it once and it was super soft. The other night I was watching it and I noticed some regs from the Borgata 20 and 40 game, I assume waiting for the 15 game.

If anyone is interested I would like to get a H.O. game going sometime soon (10-20 and up). Let me know if anyone is interested.

Last edited by Rapini; 11-17-2010 at 01:26 PM. Reason: merge
frankiem is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2010, 10:24 PM   #1527
IluvParxPoker
newbie
 
Join Date: Nov 2010
Location: Philly
Posts: 32
Re: PARX Poker Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by frankiem View Post
25 big bets is standard but if you play an aggressive game I would opt for 35+. Standard deviation for frlhe is 10bb which means you will have swings of 10 times the big bet both ways. If you play more conservative your swings will be lower and higher if you play a more lag style.
Yeah I play more of a lag style, so i guess im gonna go with 3 racks, with an insurance policy of $600 in my pocket just in case. Hopefully the day I play, there wont be any of the borgata 20/40 regs in the game.
IluvParxPoker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2010, 10:56 PM   #1528
parxface
grinder
 
Join Date: Nov 2010
Location: Chasing the Paydirt
Posts: 588
Quote:
Originally Posted by frankiem View Post
If anyone is interested I would like to get a H.O. game going sometime soon (10-20 and up). Let me know if anyone is interested.
Thursday night around 10 Id be interested
parxface is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2010, 11:13 PM   #1529
IFSATG
adept
 
IFSATG's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Location: Searchn4Lite NtheDarknessOfInsanity
Posts: 714
Re: PARX Poker Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by IluvParxPoker View Post
Yeah I play more of a lag style, so i guess im gonna go with 3 racks, with an insurance policy of $600 in my pocket just in case. Hopefully the day I play, there wont be any of the borgata 20/40 regs in the game.
You want them in that game.
IFSATG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2010, 11:13 PM   #1530
frankiem
journeyman
 
Join Date: May 2003
Posts: 202
Re: PARX Poker Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by parxface View Post
Thursday night around 10 Id be interested
Lets hope they have tables
frankiem is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2010, 11:14 PM   #1531
frankiem
journeyman
 
Join Date: May 2003
Posts: 202
Re: PARX Poker Thread

If tables permit, would anyone be interested in playing HU lhe or H.O.? I imagine it would be an off time but if ever interested let me know.
frankiem is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2010, 11:16 PM   #1532
frankiem
journeyman
 
Join Date: May 2003
Posts: 202
Re: PARX Poker Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by IFSATG View Post
You want them in that game.
Why would you want them in the game?
frankiem is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2010, 11:22 PM   #1533
IFSATG
adept
 
IFSATG's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Location: Searchn4Lite NtheDarknessOfInsanity
Posts: 714
Re: PARX Poker Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by frankiem View Post
The 8-16 lhe game can be tricky. I sat in it once and it was super soft. The other night I was watching it and I noticed some regs from the Borgata 20 and 40 game, I assume waiting for the 15 game.
The 8 game is often two games in one. Depends on the lineup. And, with that it can change dramatically as it evolves over the night.

I generally just nut peddle (+/-) in that game and have no shortage of payoffs. You can keep your variance down and still not give up much. Playing too loose gains you little and adds significantly to your variance. Plus,when the game swings from soft to tough, you have earned respect and can exploit small edges.

The last thing we need are more good players. Come on expansion. We need to change the 2p2:fish ratio
IFSATG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2010, 11:23 PM   #1534
IFSATG
adept
 
IFSATG's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Location: Searchn4Lite NtheDarknessOfInsanity
Posts: 714
Re: PARX Poker Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by frankiem View Post
Why would you want them in the game?
Why would I want LAG, predictable players at my table?
IFSATG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2010, 11:26 PM   #1535
IluvParxPoker
newbie
 
Join Date: Nov 2010
Location: Philly
Posts: 32
Re: PARX Poker Thread

^^^ yeah usually right after joining the game I will be playing tight, waiting for big hands and showing down the nuts, 2nd nuts, etc.... and after the players see I have the goods most of the time, then I open my game up and play lag. Seems to work in the 4 game, I have yet to lose a session in lhe at parx.
IluvParxPoker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2010, 12:51 AM   #1536
JONATHANM
banned
 
JONATHANM's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Location: 911 9ff turbo please
Posts: 636
Re: PARX Poker Thread

My 1st day at parx. Sat w/ $60..1/2NL, 6 hour session, net a bit over $50/hr. Not a bad day at the office for a low limit stooge as myself.I wouldn't say soft and I wouldn't say tough. I would say some ******ed stuff went on that's for sure. Silly bluffs, silly calls, obvious sneakiness. All in all, may table was enjoyable. Easy to spot who to go after and who to stay away from. As for my opinion on the overall experience at the casino I love :

PROS:

1) Everything

-Waitresses were around every 5-8 minutes.

-Bathrooms were great.

- $1.50 Miller high life special that the bartendress actually told me about..class act.

- I called in from main casino.. upon arriving to room I was sat w/in 15 mins.

- It's ridiculous how many tvs there are,crazy

-Dealers were fine. Nothing at all out of the ordinary. You could barely tell which ones were not as experienced. All were pleasant, attentive, courteous, and handled themselves professionally.

- Pa system was fine.

- You might wanna rope off the emergency doors in the back, people kept setting the alarm off. Or put a sign stating that they are alarmed. I didn't go see if there was one, there may be. In that case, I did mention ******ed earlier.

- Security was fine. Parking lot was lit sufficiently when I left. You can see the 100 handicapped parking spaces (literally) just fine.

- The downstairs lobby seemed a bit desolate and creepy ish. Maybe it was just the size of it, and just being occupied by one desk person. I can't really explain that , it was just a little weird. Maybe a couple security guys or door people like the main casino to talk to the lonely lady behind the desk? Idk, I really didn't care.

**You nit-pickers need to take the silver spoon out of your mouth IMHO.

CONS:

1) Escalator is waaaaay too long. Only single wide as well, and waaay too slow ...-EV.

- Ari, I don't know if I will come back until the escalators are shortened and widened. It takes entirely too long to get to the poker room from the lobby. AND I can't stand next to my fat girlfriend and fondle her properly as we go up and down. And put a turbo in please, I almost fell to sleeep!! It's unbelievable how much money went into this casino and you can't have a little thing like fast/wide escalators for your patrons!! (smell the sarcasm? lol )

2) Only two waitresses actually had butts nice enough to be wearing those shorts IMHO. The ones I saw anyway, tomorrow may be different.

Overall Rating for a room in its 3rd week of operation : A+

Kudos to you and your staff Ari. I asked for you today but you weren't there. I'll look for you tomorrow.

BTW. there was an interest list for 30/60 today( 3 players)..didn't see if it got off when I left. room was packed at 7pm.

Last edited by JONATHANM; 11-17-2010 at 01:06 AM. Reason: highlight
JONATHANM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2010, 01:08 AM   #1537
wshuwerhere
newbie
 
Join Date: Nov 2010
Location: Philly
Posts: 41
Re: PARX Poker Thread

My First Trip Report:

I liked it. Very nice room. My 2 friends however did not, but whatever. They are Borgata Regs from Jersey. I will just have to hang with them less. Im a bigger guy and I didnt think the tables were that bad. I had enough room to play. The lighting and the chip colors were the toughest thing. From across the table I couldnt tell between a Blue, Red or Green chip. Other than that I was pleased.

My experience was effected by my sick call on the river against a guy on a board of Q23AA. He bet $65 on the river and I called him down with 62. He had K4. I really am a terrible player. Had I been wrong there I would have hated the room.
wshuwerhere is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2010, 01:25 AM   #1538
IluvParxPoker
newbie
 
Join Date: Nov 2010
Location: Philly
Posts: 32
Re: PARX Poker Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by wshuwerhere View Post
My First Trip Report:

My experience was effected by my sick call on the river against a guy on a board of Q23AA. He bet $65 on the river and I called him down with 62. He had K4. I really am a terrible player. Had I been wrong there I would have hated the room.
amazing how little things like that can effect your outlook on the room, lol! Nice call tho!
IluvParxPoker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2010, 04:41 AM   #1539
Phaedrus29
centurion
 
Phaedrus29's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: Philadelphia, PA
Posts: 163
Re: PARX Poker Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by frankiem View Post
If tables permit, would anyone be interested in playing HU lhe or H.O.? I imagine it would be an off time but if ever interested let me know.
You know I'm in for whatever. I guess I'd be down for heads up, but would prefer at least 3-handed. And I say we go all out with HOSE instead of HO, but I'd play HO too. 8/16 would be fun, or 15/30 or whatevs. I'll be there this Thursday...might have some open tables not too late.
Phaedrus29 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2010, 04:53 AM   #1540
Midnight Cowboy
grinder
 
Midnight Cowboy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: in the Village by the Sea
Posts: 549
Re: PARX Poker Thread

been to parx a couple times now, and while i'm happy to have a poker room closer to home, i'm still somewhat disappointed that it's not on par with The Borgata. in fact, the only thing i prefer about parx is the $1000 buy-in on 2-5NL.

things i do not like about parx:

1. $5 rake. it might not seem like much, but it's actually a 25% increase over atlantic
city, and when you play a lot of hours, this adds up quite a bit.

2. rebuys. when a player loses his stack, he should not have to miss ANY hands in
order to reload. in the 2-5 game, dealers should have $3000 or so in green chips for
players to rebuy.

3. it's hard to imagine, but as recently as 60 years ago, some doctors actually gave
their patients a green light to smoke cigarettes. then it became known that
smoking is not only addictive, but extremely bad for your health. a few decades
later, it was discovered that second-hand smoke is also terrible for your health.
smoking was then banned on airplanes, and not long after, it was banned in public
buildings. yet casino operators, with all their billions, have been able to skirt the
laws, simply because they can afford to buy politicians and keep them in their back
pocket.

we're now a decade into the 21st century. there's absolutely no reason that anyone
should be subjected to second-hand smoke indoors. this is the reason i will never go
to Foxwoods ever again. and while parx is not as bad as Foxwoods, it's still plenty
bad. and for that reason, i will still be taking my business to The Borgata.
Midnight Cowboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2010, 08:46 AM   #1541
BriMc
old hand
 
Join Date: Oct 2005
Location: Seat Change Button Please Dealer!
Posts: 1,467
Re: PARX Poker Thread

Or its actually the same rake as AC if you never hit the bbj. Raise your hand if you have. I'll take spending less on gas and tolls every time over not getting my lottery ticket.
BriMc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2010, 08:55 AM   #1542
JONATHANM
banned
 
JONATHANM's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Location: 911 9ff turbo please
Posts: 636
Re: PARX Poker Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by Midnight Cowboy View Post
.. and while parx is not as bad as Foxwoods, it's still plenty
bad. and for that reason, i will still be taking my business to The Borgata.
You are wrong sir. I am officially debunking any claims that cig smoke is an issue or is even noticeable. I believe people are confusing actual second hand smoke w/ the smell of cigs, which to me,was not noticeable either while sitting at tables. If your ever at the bar, you will notice the ventilation is sufficient. The smoke is visibly drawn away from the floor and up into the bar ceiling.

As busy as it was for a Tuesday afternoon into evening,it doesn't seem to be an issue for poker players.Enjoy your stay at the Borgata.

Any updates this morning? I will be there around 12-12:30.

Last edited by JONATHANM; 11-17-2010 at 09:07 AM. Reason: highlight
JONATHANM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2010, 09:23 AM   #1543
Lovesantiques
A Classic
 
Lovesantiques's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2007
Location: New Castle, Delaware
Posts: 3,879
Re: PARX Poker Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by Risk Neutral View Post
just realized why some of the dealers may be inefficient....while checking out one of the parkette cocktail waitress I looked around to see who else was indulging...me and 3 other male dealers... ari if you want faster dealers...get less attractive cocktail waitresses in there lol
Better suggestion: put blinders on the male dealers (like the ones used on racehorses) so that all that they can see is the table - not the waitresses.

Lee
Lovesantiques is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2010, 10:24 AM   #1544
SCSTWG
grinder
 
SCSTWG's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Posts: 496
Re: PARX Poker Thread

Are there any variations of stud or mixed games being spread? If so, how frequent, how many tables and what limits? Thanks.
SCSTWG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2010, 10:49 AM   #1545
Foyt20
stranger
 
Join Date: Nov 2010
Location: Central Jerz
Posts: 14
Re: PARX Poker Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by Midnight Cowboy View Post
been to parx a couple times now, and while i'm happy to have a poker room closer to home, i'm still somewhat disappointed that it's not on par with The Borgata. in fact, the only thing i prefer about parx is the $1000 buy-in on 2-5NL.

things i do not like about parx:

1. $5 rake. it might not seem like much, but it's actually a 25% increase over atlantic
city, and when you play a lot of hours, this adds up quite a bit.

2. rebuys. when a player loses his stack, he should not have to miss ANY hands in
order to reload. in the 2-5 game, dealers should have $3000 or so in green chips for
players to rebuy.

3. it's hard to imagine, but as recently as 60 years ago, some doctors actually gave
their patients a green light to smoke cigarettes. then it became known that
smoking is not only addictive, but extremely bad for your health. a few decades
later, it was discovered that second-hand smoke is also terrible for your health.
smoking was then banned on airplanes, and not long after, it was banned in public
buildings. yet casino operators, with all their billions, have been able to skirt the
laws, simply because they can afford to buy politicians and keep them in their back
pocket.

we're now a decade into the 21st century. there's absolutely no reason that anyone
should be subjected to second-hand smoke indoors. this is the reason i will never go
to Foxwoods ever again. and while parx is not as bad as Foxwoods, it's still plenty
bad. and for that reason, i will still be taking my business to The Borgata.

The site will wrap your post for you, you dont have to press enter like a type writer.

But I agree with you, as an ex smoker.
Foyt20 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2010, 11:01 AM   #1546
Grim Horse
grinder
 
Grim Horse's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Location: The other side of the monitor.
Posts: 517
Re: PARX Poker Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by JONATHANM View Post
You are wrong sir. I am officially debunking any claims that cig smoke is an issue or is even noticeable.
I hate to get into this, but subjective personal experience does not invalidate the subjective experiences of others. He is NOT "wrong all bolded". You can claim "I did not smell smoke the time I was there.", you can not claim "You did not smell smoke when you were there."
I have played many hours at many tables across the room and personally have found that it gets worse at different times and certain spots. The worse I ever experienced the smell was when they put us where a 2/5 game broke up closer to the left hand wall and near the bar. The smell was clearly noticeable and uncomfortable to me.
It does not matter if it does not bother you unless you are directing a post to the casino, this is an issue between the individual experiencing it and the management.
Though your fervor is clear, it borders on the fanatical and will not be taken seriously by anyone who's opinions you are attempting to sway. At times it comes off with the degree of a flagellant wandering the streets calling about the end of time. I kid, but if you really want to sell something you may want to take it down a notch
Grim Horse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2010, 11:22 AM   #1547
TheTalkingMule
grinder
 
TheTalkingMule's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2008
Location: Kensington South
Posts: 468
Re: PARX Poker Thread

You can't smell smoke in this room unless you're at the bar. That's just how it is. If you're on here complaining about smoke, you're just "one of those people".
TheTalkingMule is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2010, 11:35 AM   #1548
Falker11
journeyman
 
Join Date: Aug 2004
Posts: 348
Re: PARX Poker Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by frankiem View Post
If anyone is interested I would like to get a H.O. game going sometime soon (10-20 and up). Let me know if anyone is interested.
I'll be in on Thursday around 5-5.30, would love to play 10/20 or 15 30 HOE or HOSE. If its just HO then I would probably rather just play holdem. I'd be willing to start 3-4 handed.

Only concern is that there won't be an empty table to get this going, maybe Ari can hold one for us???
Falker11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2010, 11:38 AM   #1549
frankiem
journeyman
 
Join Date: May 2003
Posts: 202
Re: PARX Poker Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by Falker11 View Post
I'll be in on Thursday around 5-5.30, would love to play 10/20 or 15 30 HOE or HOSE. If its just HO then I would probably rather just play holdem. I'd be willing to start 3-4 handed.

Only concern is that there won't be an empty table to get this going, maybe Ari can hold one for us???
Doubtful he will hold a table but maybe there will be one open.
frankiem is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2010, 11:51 AM   #1550
Grim Horse
grinder
 
Grim Horse's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Location: The other side of the monitor.
Posts: 517
Re: PARX Poker Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheTalkingMule View Post
You can't smell smoke in this room unless you're at the bar. That's just how it is. If you're on here complaining about smoke, you're just "one of those people".
This is a ridiculous assertion, how many hours have you been in the room that you feel comfortable declaring multiple peoples experiences invalid?
Be aware of the subjectivity of experience and that the variables in time of day and where you sat can strongly affect your "decision".
Grim Horse is offline   Reply With Quote

Reply
      

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off


Forum Jump


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 10:31 AM.


Powered by vBulletin®
Copyright ©2000 - 2021, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Copyright © 2008-2020, Two Plus Two Interactive