Two Plus Two Publishing LLC Two Plus Two Publishing LLC
 

Go Back   Two Plus Two Poker Forums > >

Venues & Communities Discussion of live, legal poker venues, and discussion among players in live poker "neighborhoods."

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-18-2019, 10:28 AM   #11101
chrisventresca83
centurion
 
Join Date: Apr 2017
Posts: 172
Re: Parx Casino (Bensalem, PA) -- FAQ in OP

Quote:
Originally Posted by johnny_on_the_spot View Post
because people are generally very bad at poker, rarely know where they're at compared to their opponents and don't want to look foolish - especially if they're a reg
I get that. But thats even more reason to table your hand. If they don't know what they are doing they could muck the best hand. But it is what it is.
chrisventresca83 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2019, 11:15 AM   #11102
dinesh
Pooh-Bah
 
dinesh's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Posts: 3,872
Re: Parx Casino (Bensalem, PA) -- FAQ in OP

Quote:
Originally Posted by chrisventresca83 View Post
In my experience at parx it's been the last aggressor. I've been at a table with 2 people in a hand and nobody wanted to show. The dealer told the guy to show first since he was the aggressor. But tbh who cares. If you have a hand just flip them up
Unless it's changed in the last week, it is definitely by position, not last aggressor. Many many people used to playing at Borgata get enraged by this.

Note that I'm only talking about when the river checks around. If there is a river bet and call, then obviously the bettor shows first. (There is also some confusion about whether this is still the rule if someone IP goes all-in on an earlier street and gets called. Then they should also show first because there was no further action on the river.)

I agree though, just flip your hand.

Last edited by dinesh; 12-18-2019 at 11:20 AM.
dinesh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2019, 06:11 PM   #11103
borg23
Carpal \'Tunnel
 
Join Date: Nov 2012
Posts: 10,364
Re: Parx Casino (Bensalem, PA) -- FAQ in OP

parx is out of position if the river checks through
borg is last agressor
i like the borgata rule better but like it even more when people just show their ****ing hands
borg23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2019, 07:27 PM   #11104
johnny_on_the_spot
Carpal \'Tunnel
 
johnny_on_the_spot's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2013
Location: S-Mart
Posts: 10,925
Re: Parx Casino (Bensalem, PA) -- FAQ in OP

Quote:
Originally Posted by chrisventresca83 View Post
I get that. But thats even more reason to table your hand. If they don't know what they are doing they could muck the best hand. But it is what it is.


I don’t have a problem tabling my hands, talk to the 2 or 3 morons who are all playing a game of chicken for a <$20 pot on the river when they are stare at each other after it checks through...
johnny_on_the_spot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2019, 05:26 PM   #11105
danspartan
Pooh-Bah
 
danspartan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Posts: 3,824
Re: Parx Casino (Bensalem, PA) -- FAQ in OP

I think the rule should be- turn them over within 5 seconds or forfeit your cards, plus a KITN. JFC.
danspartan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2019, 01:02 AM   #11106
NYCNative
veteran
 
NYCNative's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2005
Location: Upper Darby, PA
Posts: 3,359
Re: Parx Casino (Bensalem, PA) -- FAQ in OP

I called in and the person who answered the phone said you can run it up to three times in the 2-2 PLO game. Is that true?

Sent from my SM-G935P using Tapatalk
NYCNative is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2019, 10:40 AM   #11107
RDonovan
grinder
 
RDonovan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Posts: 546
Re: Parx Casino (Bensalem, PA) -- FAQ in OP

Quote:
Originally Posted by NYCNative View Post
I called in and the person who answered the phone said you can run it up to three times in the 2-2 PLO game. Is that true?

Sent from my SM-G935P using Tapatalk
Yes, as long as one of the players is all in and it's agreed upon by the player(s)in the hand
RDonovan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2019, 09:51 PM   #11108
bubba0077
stranger
 
Join Date: Jun 2013
Posts: 2
Re: Parx Casino (Bensalem, PA) -- FAQ in OP

Might head to Parx for one day over the holidays. Haven't been there in many years (before poker moved to the main building). My home poker room is Maryland Live! I find it odd Parx runs both 1/2 and 1/3. How's the action in the two games? Which one should I target? I regularly beat the 1/3 game at Live! (where that is the lowest NL game).
bubba0077 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2019, 10:06 PM   #11109
chrisventresca83
centurion
 
Join Date: Apr 2017
Posts: 172
Re: Parx Casino (Bensalem, PA) -- FAQ in OP

Quote:
Originally Posted by bubba0077 View Post
Might head to Parx for one day over the holidays. Haven't been there in many years (before poker moved to the main building). My home poker room is Maryland Live! I find it odd Parx runs both 1/2 and 1/3. How's the action in the two games? Which one should I target? I regularly beat the 1/3 game at Live! (where that is the lowest NL game).
If you go do it on a Friday or Saturday night. More action and options to change tables if needed. Usually only 3-4 tables of 1/3 compared to like 15 1/2. High hand is usually ever 30 min those nights at $500. Not sure if it's going on now.
chrisventresca83 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2019, 11:45 PM   #11110
Jkpoker10
veteran
 
Join Date: May 2012
Posts: 2,197
Re: Parx Casino (Bensalem, PA) -- FAQ in OP

Does anyone know the dates of parx big stax (Jan-February series)? I see the tentative date was to start final weekend of January but that seems like a. Bad idea to the little rush at philly rivers.
Jkpoker10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2019, 12:17 AM   #11111
chrisventresca83
centurion
 
Join Date: Apr 2017
Posts: 172
Re: Parx Casino (Bensalem, PA) -- FAQ in OP

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jkpoker10 View Post
Does anyone know the dates of parx big stax (Jan-February series)? I see the tentative date was to start final weekend of January but that seems like a. Bad idea to the little rush at philly rivers.
All I did was go on the website.
https://parxbigstax.blog/
chrisventresca83 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2020, 01:45 PM   #11112
sevendeuce4evr
journeyman
 
Join Date: Oct 2019
Posts: 281
Re: Parx Casino (Bensalem, PA) -- FAQ in OP

I’ll be here tonight after work!!!
sevendeuce4evr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2020, 02:04 PM   #11113
chrisventresca83
centurion
 
Join Date: Apr 2017
Posts: 172
Re: Parx Casino (Bensalem, PA) -- FAQ in OP

Quote:
Originally Posted by sevendeuce4evr View Post
I’ll be here tonight after work!!!
Parx Casino (Bensalem, PA) -- FAQ in OPParx Casino (Bensalem, PA) -- FAQ in OP
chrisventresca83 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2020, 04:26 PM   #11114
sevendeuce4evr
journeyman
 
Join Date: Oct 2019
Posts: 281
Re: Parx Casino (Bensalem, PA) -- FAQ in OP

Hey guys, how is 2/5 on Saturday’s? any good or just go to Borgata
sevendeuce4evr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2020, 01:43 PM   #11115
sevendeuce4evr
journeyman
 
Join Date: Oct 2019
Posts: 281
Re: Parx Casino (Bensalem, PA) -- FAQ in OP

I like everything about Parx..just wish there was better food
sevendeuce4evr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2020, 03:01 PM   #11116
dinesh
Pooh-Bah
 
dinesh's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Posts: 3,872
Re: Parx Casino (Bensalem, PA) -- FAQ in OP

Yeah, the in room food is pretty blah, especially after being here for 2 years, the menu is still the same.

But some of the restaurants are good, you just have to go get it yourself. I especially like the Liberty Bell.
dinesh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2020, 05:52 PM   #11117
sevendeuce4evr
journeyman
 
Join Date: Oct 2019
Posts: 281
Re: Parx Casino (Bensalem, PA) -- FAQ in OP

I got the house special fried rice last night from Bamboo house shrimp chicken pork..that was real good..chickie and Pete’s is ok..but the only thing that is ok for me from foodies is the chicken fingers and fries
sevendeuce4evr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2020, 08:06 PM   #11118
Billy723
adept
 
Billy723's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2004
Posts: 826
Re: Parx Casino (Bensalem, PA) -- FAQ in OP

Foodie's burger is not bad, but I do miss Earl of Sandwich. Do they still have that dumb Cheese box place or did it close yet?
Billy723 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2020, 04:12 PM   #11119
sevendeuce4evr
journeyman
 
Join Date: Oct 2019
Posts: 281
Re: Parx Casino (Bensalem, PA) -- FAQ in OP

Quote:
Originally Posted by Billy723 View Post
Foodie's burger is not bad, but I do miss Earl of Sandwich. Do they still have that dumb Cheese box place or did it close yet?
The Lucky Cheese I actually just had a turkey panini from there and it was really good..would order again
sevendeuce4evr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2020, 04:14 PM   #11120
chrisventresca83
centurion
 
Join Date: Apr 2017
Posts: 172
Re: Parx Casino (Bensalem, PA) -- FAQ in OP

Quote:
Originally Posted by sevendeuce4evr View Post
The Lucky Cheese I actually just had a turkey panini from there and it was really good..would order again
Do you sleep there?
chrisventresca83 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2020, 04:47 PM   #11121
borg23
Carpal \'Tunnel
 
Join Date: Nov 2012
Posts: 10,364
Re: Parx Casino (Bensalem, PA) -- FAQ in OP

Quote:
Originally Posted by Billy723 View Post
Foodie's burger is not bad, but I do miss Earl of Sandwich. Do they still have that dumb Cheese box place or did it close yet?
foodies is absolutely disgusting

I wish Earl was still open.
borg23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2020, 04:42 PM   #11122
LostinLife
stranger
 
Join Date: Jul 2016
Posts: 10
Re: Parx Casino (Bensalem, PA) -- FAQ in OP

How are the 1-3 games compared to the 2-5 games in terms of skill level and size?
LostinLife is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2020, 06:35 PM   #11123
johnny_on_the_spot
Carpal \'Tunnel
 
johnny_on_the_spot's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2013
Location: S-Mart
Posts: 10,925
Re: Parx Casino (Bensalem, PA) -- FAQ in OP

Quote:
Originally Posted by LostinLife View Post
How are the 1-3 games compared to the 2-5 games in terms of skill level and size?
imo 1/3 here plays nittier than 2/5, which is the opposite of SH

usually most of the table will be $300+ deep

skill wise, it's 1/3. it doesn't change much from place to place. too many players limp/call or limp/fold. you'll see a lot of flops 4+ ways, but people are generally playing their hands and not their ranges

ex, if a V raises with QQ and gets any callers and the flop is Kxx. they will generally check 2-3 streets, even if all the other players check. they may put 1 bet in, but if they get called, they basically shut down.

ultimately, if you are gonna buy in for $500 at 1/3, i'd probably just buy in for $500 at 2/5. the only caveat to that is sometimes 2/5 players will be waiting and play 1/3 and from my experience, those players like to show off how awesome they are and will give money away.
johnny_on_the_spot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2020, 06:44 PM   #11124
johnny_on_the_spot
Carpal \'Tunnel
 
johnny_on_the_spot's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2013
Location: S-Mart
Posts: 10,925
Re: Parx Casino (Bensalem, PA) -- FAQ in OP

i will say, i was a little upset that a player - on multiple occasions - misdeclared his hand significantly when turning his cards over and no dealer said a word to him. finally i asked him politely to stop misdeclaring his hand - i believe my exactly wording was "could you please stop misdeclaring your hand?" - and he responded by saying he turned his cards over so it shouldn't matter.

the hand i spoke up, i had K high on an Ahigh board and another V had a pair of 4s, which was like 4th pair. V who misdeclared had like T high, declairing "straight" as he turned his hand over. he didn't seem to understand how the V sitting in seat 3 could potentially fold his winning hand because he might not be able to see seat 9s T high that wasn't really a straight.

ultimately dealers should be speaking up about this, imo, and not players.
johnny_on_the_spot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2020, 06:53 PM   #11125
sevendeuce4evr
journeyman
 
Join Date: Oct 2019
Posts: 281
Re: Parx Casino (Bensalem, PA) -- FAQ in OP

Quote:
Originally Posted by johnny_on_the_spot View Post
i will say, i was a little upset that a player - on multiple occasions - misdeclared his hand significantly when turning his cards over and no dealer said a word to him. finally i asked him politely to stop misdeclaring his hand - i believe my exactly wording was "could you please stop misdeclaring your hand?" - and he responded by saying he turned his cards over so it shouldn't matter.

the hand i spoke up, i had K high on an Ahigh board and another V had a pair of 4s, which was like 4th pair. V who misdeclared had like T high, declairing "straight" as he turned his hand over. he didn't seem to understand how the V sitting in seat 3 could potentially fold his winning hand because he might not be able to see seat 9s T high that wasn't really a straight.

ultimately dealers should be speaking up about this, imo, and not players.
A lot of the dealers there are miserable and don’t care
sevendeuce4evr is offline   Reply With Quote

Reply
      

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off


Forum Jump


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 04:19 AM.


Powered by vBulletin®
Copyright ©2000 - 2021, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Copyright © 2008-2020, Two Plus Two Interactive