Two Plus Two Publishing LLC Two Plus Two Publishing LLC
 

Go Back   Two Plus Two Poker Forums > >

Venues & Communities Discussion of live, legal poker venues, and discussion among players in live poker "neighborhoods."

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-11-2014, 08:33 PM   #9801
bucrogers
enthusiast
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Posts: 77
re: Parx Casino (Bensalem, PA) -- FAQ in OP

Question about Tuesday nights: Why are some Tuesdays chock full of big games and others aren't? Example tonight has 3 10-10 games going with a big enough list for a 4th, 2 PLO games going, a 150-300 mix...last week or so nothing like this, but the 3-4 weeks prior just as many big games.

What if anything is the pattern?
bucrogers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2014, 09:12 PM   #9802
TheDarkElf
veteran
 
Join Date: Nov 2010
Location: Queens, NY
Posts: 2,667
re: Parx Casino (Bensalem, PA) -- FAQ in OP

Quote:
Originally Posted by bucrogers View Post
Question about Tuesday nights: Why are some Tuesdays chock full of big games and others aren't? Example tonight has 3 10-10 games going with a big enough list for a 4th, 2 PLO games going, a 150-300 mix...last week or so nothing like this, but the 3-4 weeks prior just as many big games.

What if anything is the pattern?
High stakes games don't just happen by chance. It's ore or less the same crew each night. They call each other up and decide where they want to play.
TheDarkElf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2014, 09:11 AM   #9803
dinesh
Pooh-Bah
 
dinesh's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Posts: 3,878
re: Parx Casino (Bensalem, PA) -- FAQ in OP

In general, the big games are going to be running on Tuesdays. Not sure what (if anything) happened last week - tourney, home game, flu, who knows. But in general you can plan on them being running. Or just check bravo.
dinesh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2014, 09:55 AM   #9804
cchan21
newbie
 
Join Date: Jul 2013
Posts: 43
re: Parx Casino (Bensalem, PA) -- FAQ in OP

parx get Mississippi straddle!
cchan21 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2014, 08:30 PM   #9805
bucrogers
enthusiast
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Posts: 77
re: Parx Casino (Bensalem, PA) -- FAQ in OP

Quote:
Originally Posted by dinesh View Post
In general, the big games are going to be running on Tuesdays. Not sure what (if anything) happened last week - tourney, home game, flu, who knows. But in general you can plan on them being running. Or just check bravo.
But any particular reason why Tuesday as opposed to say Wednesday or Thursday? I can see Monday being dead for obvious reasons; and the weekend is what the weekend is; I just kind of assumed the closer it got the weekend the more the games ramped up.

Certainly no problem checking bravo, just getting back into the swing of being able to play one work night a week, and all else being equal my preference would be to play on Thursday night, but if Tuesday's the hopping night for some not so random reason, I can plan accordingly.
bucrogers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2014, 04:10 AM   #9806
konbanwa
adept
 
konbanwa's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Posts: 714
re: Parx Casino (Bensalem, PA) -- FAQ in OP

Here is a recent thread about the Tuesday phenomenon. No definitive answers though. That's just how it is.
konbanwa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2014, 01:25 PM   #9807
Mattybangz
centurion
 
Join Date: Feb 2014
Posts: 139
re: Parx Casino (Bensalem, PA) -- FAQ in OP

I have noticed at least 7 former parx dealers at the sugarhouse. Anyone have any insight as to why? I tried asking the dealers, they were pretty hush hush but I got the feeling that there are some internal problems at parx.
Mattybangz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2014, 01:32 PM   #9808
zrap
adept
 
zrap's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Posts: 841
re: Parx Casino (Bensalem, PA) -- FAQ in OP

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mattybangz View Post
I have noticed at least 7 former parx dealers at the sugarhouse. Anyone have any insight as to why? I tried asking the dealers, they were pretty hush hush but I got the feeling that there are some internal problems at parx.
More hours, better opportunity for advancement. Theres a bunch of former Borgata employees there too. For example, lets say you are a dual rate who has 4-5 people ahead of you to become a full time floor at Parx but get offered a full time floor position at Sugarhouse.
zrap is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2014, 01:48 PM   #9809
Mattybangz
centurion
 
Join Date: Feb 2014
Posts: 139
re: Parx Casino (Bensalem, PA) -- FAQ in OP

Makes sense. Either way I'm happy because parx has some of the best and friendliest dealers.
Mattybangz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2014, 06:58 PM   #9810
StackerBA
grinder
 
StackerBA's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Posts: 664
re: Parx Casino (Bensalem, PA) -- FAQ in OP

Quote:
Originally Posted by zrap View Post
More hours, better opportunity for advancement. Theres a bunch of former Borgata employees there too. For example, lets say you are a dual rate who has 4-5 people ahead of you to become a full time floor at Parx but get offered a full time floor position at Sugarhouse.
If the actual practice of becoming a full time supervisor is to effectively wait in line for your "turn" as a dual rate that would be a good reason to leave PARX.
StackerBA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2014, 03:55 PM   #9811
Katman
adept
 
Katman's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Location: Philly Aquarium
Posts: 708
re: Parx Casino (Bensalem, PA) -- FAQ in OP

Quote:
Originally Posted by bucrogers View Post
But any particular reason why Tuesday as opposed to say Wednesday or Thursday? I can see Monday being dead for obvious reasons; and the weekend is what the weekend is; I just kind of assumed the closer it got the weekend the more the games ramped up.

Certainly no problem checking bravo, just getting back into the swing of being able to play one work night a week, and all else being equal my preference would be to play on Thursday night, but if Tuesday's the hopping night for some not so random reason, I can plan accordingly.

Pretty sure Glantz has asked/requested or whatever word fits....that many of the local high stakes players should come to Parx on Tuesdays.
Katman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2014, 04:20 AM   #9812
Debtonaire
centurion
 
Debtonaire's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2014
Location: New York City
Posts: 159
re: Parx Casino (Bensalem, PA) -- FAQ in OP

Quote:
Originally Posted by Whoiami View Post
Had a good time yesterday during the 80$ bounty... Well run by dealers and the staff
Me too!

Went to Parx for the first time this past Sunday and played the $80 bounty and some 1/2 NL cash when I busted from the tourney. My impressions of the room: was that it was pretty big, busy on a rainy Sunday afternoon. The drive from my home in Brooklyn was better than going to AC. Parking was easy and plentiful. The pit was sectioned off far from the poker room which is probably good for me since I tend to go on tilt playing poker sometimes and steam in the pits. The waitresses were easy on the eyes. It was nice going down and getting some fresh air at the track. Only downside was the noticeable heavy cigarette smell.

I will definitely be back.

Btw, any of you Parx regs have any insider tips on the room that would be of interest to a rec player like me? Thanks!

Last edited by Debtonaire; 11-18-2014 at 04:29 AM.
Debtonaire is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2014, 09:58 PM   #9813
justblaze47
banned
 
justblaze47's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2008
Posts: 2,710
re: Parx Casino (Bensalem, PA) -- FAQ in OP

Quote:
Originally Posted by 88keyz View Post
What are the best living/hotel options for Parx grinders?
+1
justblaze47 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2014, 05:48 PM   #9814
ghost_of_m
grinder
 
Join Date: Aug 2014
Posts: 658
re: Parx Casino (Bensalem, PA) -- FAQ in OP

Quote:
Originally Posted by SteveP502 View Post
Anyone know when next big stax will be ? Played last month- great tourn.

I'm guessing January, since I think it ran last jan., & looks like every 3 months ?

The Big Stax 300 starts this week. Then there is an 1100, with no mid in between listed on the schedule.
ghost_of_m is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2014, 07:15 PM   #9815
flopturntree
adept
 
Join Date: Apr 2011
Location: ur girls crib
Posts: 855
re: Parx Casino (Bensalem, PA) -- FAQ in OP

I have a problem at Parx Casino where I believe that dealers are intentionally "dealing me in" or exposing my cards ON PURPOSE. I was sitting in the 4 seat and players, specifically in the 8, 9 and 1 seat can see my cards when they are being pitched. These players were playing close to optimally against me and it was very strange but I really believe this to be a problem.

Some dealers are very good and deal low to the felt but like I said I believe certain dealers are exposing my cards ON PURPOSE..... I am young in my 20s and I can see how I give off the wrong vibe but yea.

Am I delusional or has anyone had the same problem?

Yes after I realized this was happening I saw another orbit or two just to observe and left after without really playing anymore hands..
flopturntree is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2014, 08:33 PM   #9816
PALLADINN
adept
 
Join Date: Jun 2012
Location: New Jersey
Posts: 1,011
re: Parx Casino (Bensalem, PA) -- FAQ in OP

Quote:
Originally Posted by flopturntree View Post
I have a problem at Parx Casino where I believe that dealers are intentionally "dealing me in" or exposing my cards ON PURPOSE. I was sitting in the 4 seat and players, specifically in the 8, 9 and 1 seat can see my cards when they are being pitched. These players were playing close to optimally against me and it was very strange but I really believe this to be a problem.

Some dealers are very good and deal low to the felt but like I said I believe certain dealers are exposing my cards ON PURPOSE..... I am young in my 20s and I can see how I give off the wrong vibe but yea.

Am I delusional or has anyone had the same problem?

Yes after I realized this was happening I saw another orbit or two just to observe and left after without really playing anymore hands..
Let's check this out. Delusional ..... not delusional?

You may have many avenues to pursue.

Have you noted the dealers that have singled you out, must not like your "wrong vibe", pitch the cards consistently high enough for 1,8 and 9 to see, not 2,3,5,6 or 7, maybe 3 or 4 dealers, 3 players playing "optimally" at a table of 9? BTW over what period of time, weeks? days? hours?

Can you prove your claim with verifiable, substantial physical evidence? Have you called over a floor person to observe the dealers pitch the cards? Have you asked any of the dealers who perpetrated this heinous act?

Delusional........ not Delusional?

Come back to Parx soon, you were having a bad day.
PALLADINN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2014, 08:39 PM   #9817
flopturntree
adept
 
Join Date: Apr 2011
Location: ur girls crib
Posts: 855
re: Parx Casino (Bensalem, PA) -- FAQ in OP

If I could prove my claim with verifiable substantial evidence then I wouldn't have made this thread.

No I have no noted the dealers that have singled me out but I know what they look like
flopturntree is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2014, 11:05 PM   #9818
dinesh
Pooh-Bah
 
dinesh's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Posts: 3,878
re: Parx Casino (Bensalem, PA) -- FAQ in OP

Youre mistaken. Dealers don't give a **** who wins the pot. They're certainly not going to risk their jobs to maybe flash your cards to a neighbor. Feel free to tell the floor about your concerns, of course, but don't be surprised if no one takes you seriously.
dinesh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2014, 03:02 AM   #9819
bigfish81
centurion
 
Join Date: Feb 2011
Posts: 176
re: Parx Casino (Bensalem, PA) -- FAQ in OP

Quote:
Originally Posted by flopturntree View Post
If I could prove my claim with verifiable substantial evidence then I wouldn't have made this thread.

No I have no noted the dealers that have singled me out but I know what they look like
Lost the hand, blames the dealer. Yawn.
bigfish81 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2014, 08:43 PM   #9820
Whoiami
centurion
 
Join Date: May 2012
Posts: 113
re: Parx Casino (Bensalem, PA) -- FAQ in OP

I take it no one got it on film lol
Whoiami is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2014, 09:43 PM   #9821
NYCNative
veteran
 
NYCNative's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2005
Location: Upper Darby, PA
Posts: 3,363
re: Parx Casino (Bensalem, PA) -- FAQ in OP

Quote:
Originally Posted by flopturntree View Post
No I have no noted the dealers that have singled me out but I know what they look like
Dealers. Plural. Are you a big Alex Jones fan by chance?

Sent from my SPH-L720T using 2+2 Forums
NYCNative is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2014, 04:00 AM   #9822
Rapini
ragging
 
Rapini's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: DC
Posts: 13,099
re: Parx Casino (Bensalem, PA) -- FAQ in OP

Note that the vast dealer conspiracy against flopturntree extends to the Borgata as well according to his posts. Please stop engaging him. Thank you.
Rapini is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2014, 03:31 PM   #9823
ChipBandit
stranger
 
ChipBandit's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2014
Location: New York F**kin' City
Posts: 12
re: Parx Casino (Bensalem, PA) -- FAQ in OP

Any cheap options on where to stay? Obviously, I would prefer to stay closet to the casino as possible.

I'm looking to stay in the area last week of Jan.
ChipBandit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2014, 05:18 PM   #9824
Anarchist
Carpal \'Tunnel
 
Anarchist's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: Hi
Posts: 75,871
re: Parx Casino (Bensalem, PA) -- FAQ in OP

holiday inn express effectively shares a parking lot. with parx card it's $99+tax
Anarchist is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2014, 12:58 PM   #9825
ChipBandit
stranger
 
ChipBandit's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2014
Location: New York F**kin' City
Posts: 12
re: Parx Casino (Bensalem, PA) -- FAQ in OP

Thanks for the reply Anarchist.

Anybody with anymore suggestions? Perhaps anything cheaper?
ChipBandit is offline   Reply With Quote

Reply
      

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off


Forum Jump


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 10:09 AM.


Powered by vBulletin®
Copyright ©2000 - 2021, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Copyright © 2008-2020, Two Plus Two Interactive