Two Plus Two Publishing LLC Two Plus Two Publishing LLC
 

Go Back   Two Plus Two Poker Forums > >

Venues & Communities Discussion of live, legal poker venues, and discussion among players in live poker "neighborhoods."

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-11-2014, 07:36 PM   #9426
Seeuontheriver
newbie
 
Join Date: Nov 2013
Posts: 33
Ughhhhhh not Gona retype all of it lol way too lazy! It was actual events though I'll edit it out if u still hsve a copy? Thanks

Felt players should know especially it was a huge topic over all weekend
Seeuontheriver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2014, 01:44 PM   #9427
SolidFish
journeyman
 
SolidFish's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2006
Posts: 328
Quote:
Originally Posted by Seeuontheriver View Post
Ughhhhhh not Gona retype all of it lol way too lazy! It was actual events though I'll edit it out if u still hsve a copy? Thanks

Felt players should know especially it was a huge topic over all weekend
What was this huge topic over the weekend? Since the post was removed we have no idea what it's about. Care to elaborate?
SolidFish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2014, 06:40 AM   #9428
Strike-3
banned
 
Join Date: Aug 2012
Posts: 497
Re: Parx Casino (Bensalem, PA) -- FAQ updated 2013.03.18

Quote:
Originally Posted by OnTilt24/7 View Post
I'm new to the philly area and am looking to play live as high stakes as possible with as high volume as possible. I know that there is a 10/10 game at Parx. Does anyone know how this game is? Max buy in? When is it softest? Also, is there any 5/10 or 10/25? What promotions/comps are there? Also, how are the tournaments? I've been reading through the thread but there's a lot of info. I posted a similar inquiry in the Harrah's thread as well. Thanks in advance for your replies
Sands in Bethlehem has a 10/25 game with 10k max that runs every Tuesday around 12 and many Fridays mid afternoon.
Strike-3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2014, 11:36 AM   #9429
SolidFish
journeyman
 
SolidFish's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2006
Posts: 328
BBJ written in stone for April...
SolidFish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2014, 11:56 AM   #9430
dinesh
Pooh-Bah
 
dinesh's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Posts: 3,872
Re: Parx Casino (Bensalem, PA) -- FAQ updated 2013.03.18

Quote:
Originally Posted by SolidFish View Post
BBJ written in stone for April...
If true, I hope they go the MD Live route, and use it for lots of smaller promotions that spread smaller amounts of money around the room, rather than just to fund large BBJ jackpots that are taxed at 40% right off the top (not going to the local poker economy), not to mention that they sometimes go to out of towners or JP chasers (also not coming back into the room any time soon).

Disclaimer: I almost entirely play games that will (hopefully) not be BBJ eligible.
dinesh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2014, 03:04 PM   #9431
acdawg712
veteran
 
acdawg712's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2005
Location: Dust
Posts: 2,165
Re: Parx Casino (Bensalem, PA) -- FAQ updated 2013.03.18

Any word on games/stakes that will opt out of the BBJ, assuming they don't go promotional? I'm guessing 15/30+ for LHE and 10/10+ for NLHE. Hate the BBJ as the the rake will be a good amount higher than Borgata's. $5 time charge + $1 BBJ takes ~$130 off the table per hour while a $5 rake + $1 BBJ take about ~$180, assuming 30 hands/hr.
acdawg712 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2014, 03:47 PM   #9432
chucksim
old hand
 
chucksim's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2004
Location: Pennsylvania
Posts: 1,668
Re: Parx Casino (Bensalem, PA) -- FAQ updated 2013.03.18

I don't get it. The room has great action. What more will the BBJ bring in? Not having it was a good differentiating factor IMO.
chucksim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2014, 05:36 PM   #9433
TheDarkElf
veteran
 
Join Date: Nov 2010
Location: Queens, NY
Posts: 2,667
Re: Parx Casino (Bensalem, PA) -- FAQ updated 2013.03.18

Quote:
Originally Posted by chucksim View Post
I don't get it. The room has great action. What more will the BBJ bring in? Not having it was a good differentiating factor IMO.
Wouldn't be a bit surprised if part of it's kept by Parx as an administrative fee.
TheDarkElf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2014, 12:30 AM   #9434
emtohio
enthusiast
 
Join Date: Nov 2010
Location: Springfield, OH
Posts: 58
Re: Parx Casino (Bensalem, PA) -- FAQ updated 2013.03.18

Does the Parx Poker Cage have player safety deposit boxes available? Or even a player bank set-up?
emtohio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2014, 12:42 AM   #9435
prototypepariah
veteran
 
prototypepariah's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2011
Posts: 2,108
Re: Parx Casino (Bensalem, PA) -- FAQ updated 2013.03.18

yes they are limited and you likely aren't getting one. Andnot to my knowledge.
prototypepariah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2014, 02:20 AM   #9436
emtohio
enthusiast
 
Join Date: Nov 2010
Location: Springfield, OH
Posts: 58
Re: Parx Casino (Bensalem, PA) -- FAQ updated 2013.03.18

Quote:
Originally Posted by prototypepariah View Post
yes they are limited and you likely aren't getting one. Andnot to my knowledge.
Thank you for info.
emtohio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2014, 07:28 AM   #9437
Midnight Cowboy
grinder
 
Midnight Cowboy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: in the Village by the Sea
Posts: 549
Quote:
Originally Posted by SolidFish View Post
BBJ written in stone for April...
If true, this is HORRIBLE news. And spare me the argument that BBJ's bring action, because it's just not true. Action abounds at parx already, no jackpot necessary. The BBJ is nothing more than a player-funded lottery. It's communist in nature, and I hate everything about it. It sucks more money off the table, and the vast majority of players will never even catch a WHIFF of a BBJ.

The BBJ is just another way for parx management to gouge the players even more. Next they'll be reducing the comps for $2/5 players to something LESS than $1 per hr. Oh wait, they already did. Despite the fact that $2/5 tables earn more for the casino than $10/10.

Also, the BBJ will hit a disproportionate number of times on the limit games and the $1/2 tables. But the $2/5 will be funding it plenty. Players need to have a voice here. I know that MANY $2/5 regs do not want the BBJ. Management needs to be made aware, and players' opinions need to count for something.
Midnight Cowboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2014, 08:10 AM   #9438
tmac&cheese
enthusiast
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Posts: 55
Re: Parx Casino (Bensalem, PA) -- FAQ updated 2013.03.18

Quote:
Originally Posted by Midnight Cowboy View Post
If true, this is HORRIBLE news. And spare me the argument that BBJ's bring action, because it's just not true. Action abounds at parx already, no jackpot necessary. The BBJ is nothing more than a player-funded lottery. It's communist in nature, and I hate everything about it. It sucks more money off the table, and the vast majority of players will never even catch a WHIFF of a BBJ.

The BBJ is just another way for parx management to gouge the players even more. Next they'll be reducing the comps for $2/5 players to something LESS than $1 per hr. Oh wait, they already did. Despite the fact that $2/5 tables earn more for the casino than $10/10.

Also, the BBJ will hit a disproportionate number of times on the limit games and the $1/2 tables. But the $2/5 will be funding it plenty. Players need to have a voice here. I know that MANY $2/5 regs do not want the BBJ. Management needs to be made aware, and players' opinions need to count for something.
What are 2/5 players getting for comps.... what are 1/2 players getting.. it's under $1???
tmac&cheese is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2014, 08:37 AM   #9439
dinesh
Pooh-Bah
 
dinesh's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Posts: 3,872
Re: Parx Casino (Bensalem, PA) -- FAQ updated 2013.03.18

No, both are getting $1/hr.
dinesh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2014, 02:20 PM   #9440
Dream_Chaser
newbie
 
Join Date: Feb 2013
Posts: 39
Re: Parx Casino (Bensalem, PA) -- FAQ updated 2013.03.18

if you hit the bbj I highly doubt you would be upset.
Dream_Chaser is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2014, 02:44 PM   #9441
floppinnothing
grinder
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Posts: 482
Re: Parx Casino (Bensalem, PA) -- FAQ updated 2013.03.18

If I come to parx from reading I should get off on street road but that's an ez pass exit. Can someone tell me how to get around that?
floppinnothing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2014, 03:21 PM   #9442
AALegend
old hand
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Location: Philly
Posts: 1,871
Re: Parx Casino (Bensalem, PA) -- FAQ updated 2013.03.18

[QUOTE=Midnight Cowboy;42556948]Next they'll be reducing the comps for $2/5 players to something LESS than $1 per hr. Oh wait, they already did.

What is the comp rate for $2/5 now?
AALegend is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2014, 03:37 PM   #9443
brob8787
stranger
 
Join Date: Feb 2013
Posts: 12
Re: Parx Casino (Bensalem, PA) -- FAQ updated 2013.03.18

Get off at the Route 1 (neshaminy) exit, can use cash there, then take Route 1 South for about 100 feet to street road. Not having the EZ pass will add about 2 minutes to the drive.
brob8787 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2014, 05:27 PM   #9444
T1967
centurion
 
Join Date: Feb 2014
Posts: 172
Re: Parx Casino (Bensalem, PA) -- FAQ updated 2013.03.18

Quote:
Originally Posted by floppinnothing View Post
If I come to parx from reading I should get off on street road but that's an ez pass exit. Can someone tell me how to get around that?
Take exit 351 off the turnpike, when paying your toll you want to use the cash toll booths as far to the right as possible as you need to be on the right almost immediately after the toll booths to get on to US-1 South (Philadelphia). When merging onto US-1 South, again stay in the lane farthest to the right. The PA 132 East Street Road exit is up ahead on the right once you go past the Red Roof Inn and it's just on the other side of the overpass.

Once you get on Street Road going east try to get into the left lane as Parx is on the left hand side. Keep going until you see a TGI Fridays, at which point you can turn left at the light and go down Richlieu Road about 1/4 of a mile. Parx will be on your right at this point, you can't miss it. If you keep going down Street Road and pass the TGI Friday's then there's an Applebee's up ahead on the left that you can turn at and Parx will be right ahead of you.
T1967 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2014, 07:55 PM   #9445
danspartan
Pooh-Bah
 
danspartan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Posts: 3,824
Re: Parx Casino (Bensalem, PA) -- FAQ updated 2013.03.18

Quote:
Originally Posted by T1967 View Post
Take exit 351 off the turnpike, when paying your toll you want to use the cash toll booths as far to the right as possible as you need to be on the right almost immediately after the toll booths to get on to US-1 South (Philadelphia). When merging onto US-1 South, again stay in the lane farthest to the right. The PA 132 East Street Road exit is up ahead on the right once you go past the Red Roof Inn and it's just on the other side of the overpass.

Once you get on Street Road going east try to get into the left lane as Parx is on the left hand side. Keep going until you see a TGI Fridays, at which point you can turn left at the light and go down Richlieu Road about 1/4 of a mile. Parx will be on your right at this point, you can't miss it. If you keep going down Street Road and pass the TGI Friday's then there's an Applebee's up ahead on the left that you can turn at and Parx will be right ahead of you.
Two more things:
The building on the left has the pokerz.

When you go back up Street Road, the first turnpike entrance is highly advertised, but it is EASTBOUND only. Go straight thru that light. The very next ramp is the BOTH WAYS entrance and it is labelled in a very piss poor fashion. Also you do this double merge thing to get on the turnpike tollbooth road. Hard to describe, but pay attention. You want to stay to as far right as possible all the way through. Once through the tollbooth, westbound is the very first right.
danspartan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2014, 07:58 PM   #9446
Lattimer
I is smart
 
Lattimer's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Location: New England
Posts: 15,359
Re: Parx Casino (Bensalem, PA) -- FAQ updated 2013.03.18

Reminder...

(7) Privacy of non-famous players and card room employees. Respect other players' and card room employees' privacy; do not use personally identifying information on the forum unless they have given permission to do so either explicitly on the forums or implicitly by becoming an authorized representative.
Lattimer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2014, 08:15 PM   #9447
prototypepariah
veteran
 
prototypepariah's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2011
Posts: 2,108
Re: Parx Casino (Bensalem, PA) -- FAQ updated 2013.03.18

Quote:
Originally Posted by Midnight Cowboy View Post
If true, this is HORRIBLE news. And spare me the argument that BBJ's bring action, because it's just not true. Action abounds at parx already, no jackpot necessary. The BBJ is nothing more than a player-funded lottery. It's communist in nature, and I hate everything about it. It sucks more money off the table, and the vast majority of players will never even catch a WHIFF of a BBJ.

The BBJ is just another way for parx management to gouge the players even more. Next they'll be reducing the comps for $2/5 players to something LESS than $1 per hr. Oh wait, they already did. Despite the fact that $2/5 tables earn more for the casino than $10/10.

Also, the BBJ will hit a disproportionate number of times on the limit games and the $1/2 tables. But the $2/5 will be funding it plenty. Players need to have a voice here. I know that MANY $2/5 regs do not want the BBJ. Management needs to be made aware, and players' opinions need to count for something.

what limit game is going to hit the bbj? it won't be in 6/12 oe and dont' think it will make it to 15/30.
prototypepariah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2014, 08:41 PM   #9448
floppinnothing
grinder
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Posts: 482
Re: Parx Casino (Bensalem, PA) -- FAQ updated 2013.03.18

Thanks folks; see you next week!
floppinnothing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2014, 08:44 PM   #9449
TheDarkElf
veteran
 
Join Date: Nov 2010
Location: Queens, NY
Posts: 2,667
Re: Parx Casino (Bensalem, PA) -- FAQ updated 2013.03.18

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dream_Chaser View Post
if you hit the bbj I highly doubt you would be upset.
If I bought a mega-bucks ticket and won, I would be really happy, but you won't catch me buying lottery tickets. Negative EV. Period.

The only thing this place had going for it was the lack of a BBJ.
TheDarkElf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2014, 01:53 AM   #9450
Fritz1
grinder
 
Fritz1's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2012
Posts: 461
Re: Parx Casino (Bensalem, PA) -- FAQ updated 2013.03.18

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dream_Chaser View Post
if you hit the bbj I highly doubt you would be upset.
If the government forced you to buy 20 lottery tickets every day, the fact that you would be happy with a big win doesn't change the fact that you would be (should be) pissed about being forced to buy the tickets in the first place.
Fritz1 is offline   Reply With Quote

Reply
      

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off


Forum Jump


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 06:35 AM.


Powered by vBulletin®
Copyright ©2000 - 2021, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Copyright © 2008-2020, Two Plus Two Interactive