Two Plus Two Publishing LLC Two Plus Two Publishing LLC
 

Go Back   Two Plus Two Poker Forums > >

Venues & Communities Discussion of live, legal poker venues, and discussion among players in live poker "neighborhoods."

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-16-2014, 04:16 PM   #9326
darthsikle
adept
 
darthsikle's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: Perkasie, PA
Posts: 745
Why is there such a delay in posting the schedule. Crazy.
darthsikle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2014, 06:32 PM   #9327
Fritz1
grinder
 
Fritz1's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2012
Posts: 461
Re: Parx Casino (Bensalem, PA) -- FAQ updated 2013.03.18

Darthsikle, were you at the final table Tuesday night?
Fritz1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2014, 05:41 PM   #9328
Fritz1
grinder
 
Fritz1's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2012
Posts: 461
Re: Parx Casino (Bensalem, PA) -- FAQ updated 2013.03.18

Anyone playing the Saturday weekly tournament tomorrow?

What should I expect, number of players, time to final table if I catch enough cards?
Fritz1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2014, 12:49 PM   #9329
dinesh
Pooh-Bah
 
dinesh's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Posts: 3,878
Re: Parx Casino (Bensalem, PA) -- FAQ updated 2013.03.18

For those that care, Big Stax V schedule is out.
dinesh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2014, 12:07 AM   #9330
AALegend
old hand
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Location: Philly
Posts: 1,872
Re: Parx Casino (Bensalem, PA) -- FAQ updated 2013.03.18

Just wanted to point out for whoever does Hendonmob reporting for Parx that Monday night tournaments are $ 80 + 15 (80 in the prize pool, 15 rake) No Limit Hold'em - Bounty not $ 60 + 10 No Limit Hold'em Bounty

http://pokerdb.thehendonmob.com/fest...hp?a=r&n=13311
AALegend is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2014, 05:56 PM   #9331
acdawg712
veteran
 
acdawg712's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2005
Location: Dust
Posts: 2,165
Re: Parx Casino (Bensalem, PA) -- FAQ updated 2013.03.18

Anyone want to get 5/5 PLO going on Saturday?
acdawg712 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2014, 02:08 PM   #9332
Zetoran
old hand
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Posts: 1,260
For the 3 day Big Stax tournies, how many people tend to be left for Day 3? Do they play down to a final table on Day 2?
Zetoran is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2014, 07:09 PM   #9333
Redsoxnets5
veteran
 
Redsoxnets5's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2010
Location: New Jersey!
Posts: 2,108
Re: Parx Casino (Bensalem, PA) -- FAQ updated 2013.03.18

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zetoran View Post
For the 3 day Big Stax tournies, how many people tend to be left for Day 3? Do they play down to a final table on Day 2?
As far as I know, the 500 and 1000/1500 have always played to a final table on day 2, coming back with 10 on day 3. The 300 usually does not make the final table by the end of day 2, but it did during big stax II.
Redsoxnets5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2014, 01:53 AM   #9334
LivingOffZSun
adept
 
LivingOffZSun's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2012
Location: Philadelphia
Posts: 793
Re: Parx Casino (Bensalem, PA) -- FAQ updated 2013.03.18

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tabneedsfired View Post
Where is the best place to stay while playing at the Parx Big Stack V?
The apartment of a female Temple undergrad student.
LivingOffZSun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2014, 10:41 AM   #9335
Fritz1
grinder
 
Fritz1's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2012
Posts: 461
Re: Parx Casino (Bensalem, PA) -- FAQ updated 2013.03.18

Quote:
Originally Posted by LivingOffZSun View Post
The apartment of a female Temple undergrad student.
Hey, hey, hey now, that's my daughters yer talkin about.
Fritz1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2014, 03:11 PM   #9336
SolidFish
journeyman
 
SolidFish's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2006
Posts: 328
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tabneedsfired View Post
Where is the best place to stay while playing at the Parx Big Stack V?
The Inn Place for the $60 ball even on weekends. Heard it was nice and clean w free continental breakfast.
SolidFish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2014, 06:09 AM   #9337
Midnight Cowboy
grinder
 
Midnight Cowboy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: in the Village by the Sea
Posts: 549
Re: Parx Casino (Bensalem, PA) -- FAQ updated 2013.03.18

Went to parx friday night, not sure what was going on, but the room was smokier than a roadhouse bar circa 1977. Spoke to the shift manager, and he said he didn't know what was going on, but that there'd been a lot of complaints about the temperature being too cold, and perhaps in their effort to keep the room warmer, they'd closed the vents that let fresh air in. Whatever the situation was, it was awful, and after an hour or so, I'd had enough.

The shift manager also informed me that the poker room would be moving to the other building sometime later this year. If you've ever been to the other building, i can only describe it as a secondhand smoker's wet dream. If the poker room is to become a part of that disgusting wasteland of degeneracy, i will be saying "farewell" to parx, and i thank you for keeping me afloat since Black Friday.
Midnight Cowboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2014, 09:02 AM   #9338
danspartan
Pooh-Bah
 
danspartan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Posts: 3,824
Re: Parx Casino (Bensalem, PA) -- FAQ updated 2013.03.18

Quote:
Originally Posted by Midnight Cowboy View Post
Went to parx friday night, not sure what was going on, but the room was smokier than a roadhouse bar circa 1977. Spoke to the shift manager, and he said he didn't know what was going on, but that there'd been a lot of complaints about the temperature being too cold, and perhaps in their effort to keep the room warmer, they'd closed the vents that let fresh air in.
I was there until about 8. The room was warm, the bathroom was freezing. I thought I just had a couple of real heavy smokers at my table, but I did notice it. I'm pretty sensitive too. Hopefully the new room will have some kind of buffer zone.
danspartan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2014, 08:03 PM   #9339
Fritz1
grinder
 
Fritz1's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2012
Posts: 461
Re: Parx Casino (Bensalem, PA) -- FAQ updated 2013.03.18

Quote:
Originally Posted by Midnight Cowboy View Post
Went to parx friday night, not sure what was going on, but the room was smokier than a roadhouse bar circa 1977.
Fritz1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2014, 02:11 AM   #9340
wil318466
banned
 
wil318466's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Location: Philadelphia, PA
Posts: 19,155
Re: Parx Casino (Bensalem, PA) -- FAQ updated 2013.03.18

Does smoke bother you guys that much? I'm a heavy smoker, but it bothers me a bit (I won't ever stay in a smoking room if I have a choice). In a casino setting, though, it doesn't bother me at all.
wil318466 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2014, 07:08 AM   #9341
danspartan
Pooh-Bah
 
danspartan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Posts: 3,824
Re: Parx Casino (Bensalem, PA) -- FAQ updated 2013.03.18

Quote:
Originally Posted by wil318466 View Post
Does smoke bother you guys that much? I'm a heavy smoker, but it bothers me a bit (I won't ever stay in a smoking room if I have a choice). In a casino setting, though, it doesn't bother me at all.
I think there are quite a few that are really bothered by it. If there is smoke in the air, then I get dry eyes and burning lungs depending on how thick or how long exposed--so not much of stretch to think the mere odor starts to set-off that reaction.

What I've never been able to understand is why some people absolutely reek of it and others I see step out every hour come back to the table fresh as a daisy.

Brand? Some smoke in an enclosed space like their car?

At Horseshoe outside Omaha, the tables nearest the casino were very smoky as simply stepping on the other side of a 1/2 wall was fair game--guys would fold, run, step on the other side of the wall, take a puff and 1/2 the time not finish exhaling until they got back to the table. Needless to say, I was as far back in the room as I could find a table.

Needs to be a buffer zone around the new poker room. 20 feet? With a good ventilation system.
danspartan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2014, 11:14 AM   #9342
blue3715
grinder
 
blue3715's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Posts: 633
Re: Parx Casino (Bensalem, PA) -- FAQ updated 2013.03.18

Thinking of playing the PLO/NLH Big Stax 5. 20k chips and starts at 11am.
We expecting a 2am finish, or does it end sooner, based on your experience?

How long do the usual NLH (20k) 11am Big Stax events last till (or when is final table set)?

thanks.
blue3715 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2014, 07:25 PM   #9343
isuxatpokerbad
2015 WSOP ME Champ
 
isuxatpokerbad's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2008
Location: crosschecking pussies
Posts: 7,629
Re: Parx Casino (Bensalem, PA) -- FAQ updated 2013.03.18

Quote:
Originally Posted by Redsoxnets5 View Post
As far as I know, the 500 and 1000/1500 have always played to a final table on day 2, coming back with 10 on day 3. The 300 usually does not make the final table by the end of day 2, but it did during big stax II.
the last two $300s brought 3 tables back. This is not a subtle brag at all, it's just a pure brag.
isuxatpokerbad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2014, 02:31 AM   #9344
Redsoxnets5
veteran
 
Redsoxnets5's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2010
Location: New Jersey!
Posts: 2,108
Re: Parx Casino (Bensalem, PA) -- FAQ updated 2013.03.18

Quote:
Originally Posted by isuxatpokerbad View Post
the last two $300s brought 3 tables back. This is not a subtle brag at all, it's just a pure brag.
yes mincashing those sure is a blast. i guess coming back to day 3 just makes you invest more time into it.
Redsoxnets5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2014, 03:40 PM   #9345
SolidFish
journeyman
 
SolidFish's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2006
Posts: 328
I wanted to warn all the people who play 2/5 NLHE of a player who shoots BIG angles that I have become aware of through facts and have attempted to become a victim of as well (he also slow rolls). He is banned from other casinos for reasons that is not clear and has recently become a reg at Parx.

So here is the angle I've seen and heard of him pull several times that seems to work for him... He will target players that do not protect their hole cards well. He knows who does and who doesn't by his frequent seat changes that make zero sense. Once he gets a glance of your cards and has you barely beat (ie. angle shooter has KQ vs his opponents KJ on a 345 board) he will precariously peel his cards angled toward his opponent making sure that they see his hand to induce a bluff. I've only seen him do this hu. Basically, he is "making" you look at his cards to make sure you bluff. He will then proceed to call extremely light to the point where it looks like he is a suicidal maniac of a player but in reality he is a clever angle shooter.

He sits next to a specific action player almost every single time to take advantage of him and when he does, he has piles of chips. Ironic... The more hands I hear about him the more it has become clear that he is angling. Before I heard about some of his hand history, he did a similar version of the angle to me by peeling his cards towards me but only revealing the bottom card which was bottom pair. I am 90% sure it was bottom set in a pot where I 3b pre flop otb and he made a massive cr. When I nonchalantly confronted him he played dumb like he doesn't speak English.

I felt that people should know about this to keep the integrity of the game. Also, I especially don't want this guy to capitalize off of his scumminess. I would love to out his identity but is against the tos of the thread I believe. I'm sure if you guys have played 2/5, you would know who he is. He was recently spotted playing 10/10. I'm sure he will be getting the boot from Parx as well if he keeps up his antics.

So the lesson to be learned:
1. Cover your hole cards well
2. Be weary if the guy sitting next to you is flashing his cards towards you as he's peeling them
3. Beware of the guy who always says "open one card" otr in broken English *hint*

Last edited by SolidFish; 01-29-2014 at 03:46 PM.
SolidFish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2014, 03:49 PM   #9346
Fritz1
grinder
 
Fritz1's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2012
Posts: 461
Re: Parx Casino (Bensalem, PA) -- FAQ updated 2013.03.18

I saw in another thread, this exact scenario, which in that thread was being applauded as a genius angle shot.

Protecting your cards is such a simple, fundamental, critical aspect of this game, it is always surprising how many players are sloppy about it.
Fritz1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2014, 11:17 PM   #9347
Luck Boxer
newbie
 
Luck Boxer's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Location: Philly Burbs
Posts: 31
Re: Parx Casino (Bensalem, PA) -- FAQ updated 2013.03.18

Quote:
Originally Posted by SolidFish View Post
I wanted to warn all the people who play 2/5 NLHE of a player who shoots BIG angles that I have become aware of through facts and have attempted to become a victim of as well (he also slow rolls). He is banned from other casinos for reasons that is not clear and has recently become a reg at Parx.

So here is the angle I've seen and heard of him pull several times that seems to work for him... He will target players that do not protect their hole cards well. He knows who does and who doesn't by his frequent seat changes that make zero sense. Once he gets a glance of your cards and has you barely beat (ie. angle shooter has KQ vs his opponents KJ on a 345 board) he will precariously peel his cards angled toward his opponent making sure that they see his hand to induce a bluff. I've only seen him do this hu. Basically, he is "making" you look at his cards to make sure you bluff. He will then proceed to call extremely light to the point where it looks like he is a suicidal maniac of a player but in reality he is a clever angle shooter.

He sits next to a specific action player almost every single time to take advantage of him and when he does, he has piles of chips. Ironic... The more hands I hear about him the more it has become clear that he is angling. Before I heard about some of his hand history, he did a similar version of the angle to me by peeling his cards towards me but only revealing the bottom card which was bottom pair. I am 90% sure it was bottom set in a pot where I 3b pre flop otb and he made a massive cr. When I nonchalantly confronted him he played dumb like he doesn't speak English.

I felt that people should know about this to keep the integrity of the game. Also, I especially don't want this guy to capitalize off of his scumminess. I would love to out his identity but is against the tos of the thread I believe. I'm sure if you guys have played 2/5, you would know who he is. He was recently spotted playing 10/10. I'm sure he will be getting the boot from Parx as well if he keeps up his antics.

So the lesson to be learned:
1. Cover your hole cards well
2. Be weary if the guy sitting next to you is flashing his cards towards you as he's peeling them
3. Beware of the guy who always says "open one card" otr in broken English *hint*
Was this guy an older "gentleman" of an Asian persuasion, liked to run off at the mouth quite a bit? If so, I believe I know who you might be referencing. He avoided my end of the table, and I seemed to be the only one who noticed a whole arsenal of angles, obvious ones at that. I finally had enough when I saw him blatantly stealing a look at his left side's hole cards after he had folded. I called him out on it, and he promptly racked up and rolled out.
Luck Boxer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2014, 01:32 AM   #9348
SolidFish
journeyman
 
SolidFish's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2006
Posts: 328
Yes... Sounds about right.
SolidFish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2014, 02:31 AM   #9349
isuxatpokerbad
2015 WSOP ME Champ
 
isuxatpokerbad's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2008
Location: crosschecking pussies
Posts: 7,629
Re: Parx Casino (Bensalem, PA) -- FAQ updated 2013.03.18

Quote:
Originally Posted by Redsoxnets5 View Post
yes mincashing those sure is a blast. i guess coming back to day 3 just makes you invest more time into it.
that sweatshirt they gave me for final tabling the 2nd time was worth it yo
isuxatpokerbad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2014, 02:32 AM   #9350
Redsoxnets5
veteran
 
Redsoxnets5's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2010
Location: New Jersey!
Posts: 2,108
Re: Parx Casino (Bensalem, PA) -- FAQ updated 2013.03.18

Quote:
Originally Posted by isuxatpokerbad View Post
that sweatshirt they gave me for final tabling the 2nd time was worth it yo
I hope it kept you warm when you got coolered.

lol jk idgaf how you busted
Redsoxnets5 is offline   Reply With Quote

Reply
      

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off


Forum Jump


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 10:34 AM.


Powered by vBulletin®
Copyright ©2000 - 2021, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Copyright © 2008-2020, Two Plus Two Interactive