Two Plus Two Publishing LLC Two Plus Two Publishing LLC
 

Go Back   Two Plus Two Poker Forums > >

Venues & Communities Discussion of live, legal poker venues, and discussion among players in live poker "neighborhoods."

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-28-2013, 01:15 PM   #8451
dinesh
Pooh-Bah
 
dinesh's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Posts: 3,872
Re: Parx Casino (Bensalem, PA) -- FAQ updated 2011.09.08

6-12 OE goes every day, almost all day.

All other variations depend on who is there and wants to start it, there's no guarantee on any specific limit or any specific game running on any given day.

4-8, 8-16, 10-20, 15-30, 30-60, 50-100, 75-150, 100-200 have all run recently at various times. O8, stud 8, OE, HOE, HO, HOSE, and probably other combinations have all run recently at various times. Just get enough people, pick a stake and a game, and hopefully you can get it to run. (Incidentally, even though Razz is apparently approved in PA, I don't think Parx has ever spread it. Not sure if that's by decision, or whether no one has wanted to play it.)

I've heard people talk about having NLHE/PLO mixes, but I'm not sure if it's ever actually run as such. If so, it's rare occasions.

Yes, the old man regs in the 6-12 OE game will softplay each other once it gets to be heads up. IMO, who cares, they always show down and always had good hands to bet you out with. If you feel strongly otherwise, I wouldn't play in that game.

Last edited by dinesh; 02-28-2013 at 01:20 PM.
dinesh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2013, 01:47 PM   #8452
dire wolf
journeyman
 
dire wolf's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Location: Ramsey, NJ
Posts: 262
Re: Parx Casino (Bensalem, PA) -- FAQ updated 2011.09.08

Thanks - This was very helpful.

As for the soft play among the regs - They usually do have good hands. But it still seems wrong. Omaha/Stud H/L is a game of draws and this sometimes prevents you from going to the river.

On the flip side, I have won some big pots by staying in with a big draw. When it hits it drives the regs nuts because they are the only ones who know how to play the game "the right way" LOL. It has sent some of them on tilt big time
dire wolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2013, 02:37 PM   #8453
TheTyman9
Pooh-Bah
 
TheTyman9's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: gym? you betcha...
Posts: 4,576
Re: Parx Casino (Bensalem, PA) -- FAQ updated 2011.09.08

We got a half 1/2 plo, half 2/5 nlhe game going at mohegan in ct a few times. Was a lot of fun.
TheTyman9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2013, 02:39 PM   #8454
Donk Quixote
old hand
 
Donk Quixote's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2012
Posts: 1,311
Re: Parx Casino (Bensalem, PA) -- FAQ updated 2011.09.08

Quote:
Originally Posted by boc4life View Post
What do you want to know about them?
Well it's a little out of my comfort zone and I'd be driving pretty far for a tuesday, but I'm tempted to check it out. Do they go every week pretty much? How late do the games go? Are the games decent or nitty/tough?
Donk Quixote is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2013, 02:53 PM   #8455
boc4life
Carpal \'Tunnel
 
boc4life's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2005
Location: epicenter of east coast US poker
Posts: 6,910
Re: Parx Casino (Bensalem, PA) -- FAQ updated 2011.09.08

Quote:
Originally Posted by Donk Quixote View Post
Well it's a little out of my comfort zone and I'd be driving pretty far for a tuesday, but I'm tempted to check it out. Do they go every week pretty much? How late do the games go? Are the games decent or nitty/tough?
75 HOE runs every Tuesday and Friday and most Wednesdays. They usually start between 12 and 12:30, and sometimes if you miss your seat at the start you may need to wait until quite late to get a seat.

The game is basically what you should expect from a 75/150 game. Certainly not full of experts, but some good players in the pool. Also some bad players. Also some very bad players.
boc4life is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2013, 03:18 PM   #8456
dumdum214
grinder
 
Join Date: May 2009
Posts: 654
Re: Parx Casino (Bensalem, PA) -- FAQ updated 2011.09.08

Why is there no tournament on Fridays?
dumdum214 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2013, 03:53 PM   #8457
TheTyman9
Pooh-Bah
 
TheTyman9's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: gym? you betcha...
Posts: 4,576
Re: Parx Casino (Bensalem, PA) -- FAQ updated 2011.09.08

I believe I read earlier that the usual buyin at 10/10 is a few k. Am I remembering correctly? What are the min/max buyin/normal avg buyin?

Thanks for any info
TheTyman9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2013, 04:20 PM   #8458
dinesh
Pooh-Bah
 
dinesh's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Posts: 3,872
Re: Parx Casino (Bensalem, PA) -- FAQ updated 2011.09.08

Check out the first post in this thread for FAQ answers to your questions.
dinesh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2013, 04:35 PM   #8459
TheTyman9
Pooh-Bah
 
TheTyman9's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: gym? you betcha...
Posts: 4,576
Re: Parx Casino (Bensalem, PA) -- FAQ updated 2011.09.08

Quote:
Originally Posted by dinesh View Post
Check out the first post in this thread for FAQ answers to your questions.
Thanks. For some reason thought this was one of the casinos without a faq. rookie mistake
TheTyman9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2013, 05:02 PM   #8460
Redsoxnets5
veteran
 
Redsoxnets5's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2010
Location: New Jersey!
Posts: 2,108
Re: Parx Casino (Bensalem, PA) -- FAQ updated 2011.09.08

Quote:
Originally Posted by dumdum214 View Post
Why is there no tournament on Fridays?
This is a good question, one that I actually have thought about for a while. The answer I came up with myself was that it would be too much of a strain on dealers. I imagine the main reason they have tourneys is to draw players into the cash games. On Fridays they already have a very good player pool for the cash games and probably feel that having to use dealers for the tourney would take away from cash games and lead to longer lists.

That might be way off base but that's the only reason I can think of. On Saturday, the other day cash games might be bigger than most, they have a larger buy in tourney ($230) and make it at noon with the intention of it being over before that night time rush. Again I might be wrong but this is my guess since every other day has a tourney now. If they think they have enough staff to handle it, maybe we will see a Friday tourney in the future.
Redsoxnets5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2013, 05:09 PM   #8461
TheTyman9
Pooh-Bah
 
TheTyman9's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: gym? you betcha...
Posts: 4,576
Re: Parx Casino (Bensalem, PA) -- FAQ updated 2011.09.08

Quote:
Originally Posted by Redsoxnets5 View Post
This is a good question, one that I actually have thought about for a while. The answer I came up with myself was that it would be too much of a strain on dealers. I imagine the main reason they have tourneys is to draw players into the cash games. On Fridays they already have a very good player pool for the cash games and probably feel that having to use dealers for the tourney would take away from cash games and lead to longer lists.

That might be way off base but that's the only reason I can think of. On Saturday, the other day cash games might be bigger than most, they have a larger buy in tourney ($230) and make it at noon with the intention of it being over before that night time rush. Again I might be wrong but this is my guess since every other day has a tourney now. If they think they have enough staff to handle it, maybe we will see a Friday tourney in the future.
Running a tourney I would assume always makes them money. If they have enough staff to cover both on saturdays then I would guess that it isn't due to a lack of staff available. If you would like them to add a friday tourney it may help if people who want it say something to one of the floors or something when there. Did they ever run a friday tourney before? Maybe they realized not enough people were playing it to make it worth it to them to run it?
TheTyman9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2013, 06:00 PM   #8462
cl0r0x70
veteran
 
cl0r0x70's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2006
Location: posting poker goals and challenges
Posts: 3,313
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheTyman9 View Post
We got a half 1/2 plo, half 2/5 nlhe game going at mohegan in ct a few times. Was a lot of fun.
Actually got a 5/10nl, 5/5plo game going at Parx last weekend. Pretty sweet structure.
cl0r0x70 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2013, 06:16 PM   #8463
JasonP530
veteran
 
Join Date: Dec 2003
Posts: 2,314
Re: Parx Casino (Bensalem, PA) -- FAQ updated 2011.09.08

Quote:
Originally Posted by cl0r0x70 View Post
I would be fine if 100s could play only when the amount is declared by the dealer, and only for a limited time as a chip runner is called.

I bring this up from time-to-time, but all of this is solvable with California-style chip runners. Hold a fistful of 100s in the air, and you have chips in 30 seconds.

I don't know if it's a regulatory thing or what, but this is the only thing I find superior about playing on the West Coast.

Sooo many benefits: faster games, fewer tray fills, preventing the "walk of shame" as bustouts go to the cage, etc. etc. etc. and of course it dramatically mitigates these types of issues.
There is a chip runner at Parx. As I understand it, the guy gave the cash to the chip runner, who didn't have enough in his tray, so he said "he is behind 2K," no one objected or said anything to the contrary (including the dealer) and the runner went off to get the chips.
JasonP530 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2013, 06:51 PM   #8464
cl0r0x70
veteran
 
cl0r0x70's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2006
Location: posting poker goals and challenges
Posts: 3,313
Quote:
Originally Posted by JasonP530 View Post
There is a chip runner at Parx. As I understand it, the guy gave the cash to the chip runner, who didn't have enough in his tray, so he said "he is behind 2K," no one objected or said anything to the contrary (including the dealer) and the runner went off to get the chips.
Parx does not really have a chip runner. They have a chip cart.

Anyone who has played out west, specifically the Bay area, understands what I mean.

A room the size of Parx would have about 6 of these swarming the tables at all times. Usually you are no more than 30 seconds away from chips at any time. The reason why it matters is that it makes it reasonable to hold action until the pot is correct.

As to the exact incident:

Players need to protect their equity when they are unsure.

Parx is at least partially complicit due to the dealer announcing the 2k behind. If Parx can't enforce it, the dealers need to not announce it. As a matter of fact, the dealers should clarify the situation when it occurs.

If it all went down as told, the angle shooter should be banned (again.)
cl0r0x70 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2013, 06:52 PM   #8465
Redsoxnets5
veteran
 
Redsoxnets5's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2010
Location: New Jersey!
Posts: 2,108
Re: Parx Casino (Bensalem, PA) -- FAQ updated 2011.09.08

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheTyman9 View Post
Running a tourney I would assume always makes them money. If they have enough staff to cover both on saturdays then I would guess that it isn't due to a lack of staff available. If you would like them to add a friday tourney it may help if people who want it say something to one of the floors or something when there. Did they ever run a friday tourney before? Maybe they realized not enough people were playing it to make it worth it to them to run it?
Personally I don't really care if there's a Friday tourney or not but was just wondering as I was walking in why there's one 6 days a week but not 7. Let's just take Wednesday's tourney as an example. 71 runners, $100+$20 entry (in small print they tell you it's 97+3+20 and the 3 is some other bull**** expense), so they're making 20 per player, or 1420 for the tourney. I would that it's about 8 dealers for the first 2 hours and goes down from there. Something like 8, 8, 6, 4, 2, 1 based on how many tables are left each hour. So they use about 30 dealers that could otherwise be dealing at other tables. Will they rake 1420 in 30 hours, or $47/hour in rake? 30 hands/hour on average, so about $1.50 per hand? I think that's kind of obvious so if my numbers are right they'd make more if those dealers were dealing cash games. I could be off somewhere in there though so let me know what you think.
Redsoxnets5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2013, 07:57 PM   #8466
isuxatpokerbad
2015 WSOP ME Champ
 
isuxatpokerbad's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2008
Location: crosschecking pussies
Posts: 7,629
Re: Parx Casino (Bensalem, PA) -- FAQ updated 2011.09.08

Quote:
Originally Posted by Redsoxnets5 View Post
Personally I don't really care if there's a Friday tourney or not but was just wondering as I was walking in why there's one 6 days a week but not 7. Let's just take Wednesday's tourney as an example. 71 runners, $100+$20 entry (in small print they tell you it's 97+3+20 and the 3 is some other bull**** expense), so they're making 20 per player, or 1420 for the tourney. I would that it's about 8 dealers for the first 2 hours and goes down from there. Something like 8, 8, 6, 4, 2, 1 based on how many tables are left each hour. So they use about 30 dealers that could otherwise be dealing at other tables. Will they rake 1420 in 30 hours, or $47/hour in rake? 30 hands/hour on average, so about $1.50 per hand? I think that's kind of obvious so if my numbers are right they'd make more if those dealers were dealing cash games. I could be off somewhere in there though so let me know what you think.
that $3 is the "players fee" which is just 3% of the prize pool taken out for dealers. Every casino does it, just not as obviously as parx
isuxatpokerbad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2013, 11:19 PM   #8467
JasonP530
veteran
 
Join Date: Dec 2003
Posts: 2,314
Re: Parx Casino (Bensalem, PA) -- FAQ updated 2011.09.08

Quote:
Originally Posted by cl0r0x70 View Post
Parx does not really have a chip runner. They have a chip cart.

Anyone who has played out west, specifically the Bay area, understands what I mean.

A room the size of Parx would have about 6 of these swarming the tables at all times. Usually you are no more than 30 seconds away from chips at any time. The reason why it matters is that it makes it reasonable to hold action until the pot is correct.

As to the exact incident:

Players need to protect their equity when they are unsure.

Parx is at least partially complicit due to the dealer announcing the 2k behind. If Parx can't enforce it, the dealers need to not announce it. As a matter of fact, the dealers should clarify the situation when it occurs.

If it all went down as told, the angle shooter should be banned (again.)
my mistake, when I said "chip runner" I was referring to a casino employee with a cart with chips. Forgot there was a difference
JasonP530 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2013, 11:55 PM   #8468
Rapini
ragging
 
Rapini's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: DC
Posts: 13,099
Re: Parx Casino (Bensalem, PA) -- FAQ updated 2011.09.08

Quote:
Originally Posted by Midnight Cowboy View Post
apparently it is ok to just steal chips from another player, and they will let you back in after some time has passed. I am in disbelief every time I see a certain player...he stole $700 in blacks right off another player's stack at a 2/5 game, and he was caught doing so. Yet he walks around parx like it never happened. I questioned management, and the response I got was, "it's over our heads. You need to take it up with the head of security." But I'm not sure I really want said player banned, as he is extremely good for the game, as is the rest of his clan. Just don't leave black chips on top of your stack when you go to the bathroom.
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheTyman9 View Post
I've been playing a fair bit of 2/5 lately at Parx. Are you allowed to give a description of this person in here so we know who to look out for? I always put my big chips under a stack of reds or let the table know that I am picking up my big chips for security reasons and let them know how much it is and that I will be bringing it back. Would still be good to know who this is though because that is incredibly sketchy.
Officially, he's not allowed to describe the person in this thread unless there's 100% verifiable hard evidence of the accusations. If that happens, please send me a PM and let me know so that we can make an exception for the benefit of the community.

But there's nothing stopping you from PMing him and asking him directly for the description.
Rapini is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2013, 07:30 AM   #8469
TreMomey
centurion
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Posts: 194
Re: Parx Casino (Bensalem, PA) -- FAQ updated 2011.09.08

Quote:
Originally Posted by cl0r0x70 View Post
Actually got a 5/10nl, 5/5plo game going at Parx last weekend. Pretty sweet structure.
I would be up for playing this game on weekends.
TreMomey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2013, 11:00 PM   #8470
Redsoxnets5
veteran
 
Redsoxnets5's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2010
Location: New Jersey!
Posts: 2,108
Re: Parx Casino (Bensalem, PA) -- FAQ updated 2011.09.08

Does anyone know what the deal is about rake back or free rolls or nothing at the end of the month for X amount of hours now? I was talking about it at the table today and realized I wasn't sure what the deal was there anymore.
Redsoxnets5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2013, 01:27 AM   #8471
Paul Valente
banned
 
Paul Valente's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: Villain
Posts: 4,925
Re: Parx Casino (Bensalem, PA) -- FAQ updated 2011.09.08

No promos going this month afaik
Paul Valente is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2013, 09:04 AM   #8472
danspartan
Pooh-Bah
 
danspartan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Posts: 3,824
Re: Parx Casino (Bensalem, PA) -- FAQ updated 2011.09.08

Quote:
Originally Posted by dinesh View Post
And as a random aside, as of a few days ago, odd chips in chops now go to first position, rather than high card.
Hi/Lo games still go to the high, correct?

Everyplace else I've played, split pots (in a non-split game) has gone to first position.
danspartan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2013, 01:41 PM   #8473
prototypepariah
veteran
 
prototypepariah's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2011
Posts: 2,108
Re: Parx Casino (Bensalem, PA) -- FAQ updated 2011.09.08

1st position is easier, ime thats how most do it. Borgata n parx exceptions.

Obviously high gets it in split.
prototypepariah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2013, 05:35 PM   #8474
njchazzman
enthusiast
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
Posts: 69
Re: Parx Casino (Bensalem, PA) -- FAQ updated 2011.09.08

Thinking of going on Sunday, How many runners are there ususally, what time does it finish up? Thanks in advance
njchazzman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2013, 03:23 AM   #8475
ashinynickel
veteran
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 2,608
Not sure if this has been posted yet but dealer at my table confirmed BBJ is coming to the rake games and the poker room will not be moving to the main casino.
ashinynickel is offline   Reply With Quote

Reply
      

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off


Forum Jump


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 06:23 AM.


Powered by vBulletin®
Copyright ©2000 - 2021, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Copyright © 2008-2020, Two Plus Two Interactive