Two Plus Two Publishing LLC Two Plus Two Publishing LLC
 

Go Back   Two Plus Two Poker Forums > >

Venues & Communities Discussion of live, legal poker venues, and discussion among players in live poker "neighborhoods."

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-06-2012, 12:51 PM   #7751
CSFurious
grinder
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Posts: 666
Re: Parx Casino (Bensalem, PA) -- FAQ updated 2011.09.08

cash games at Parx were great on Saturday night

there is apparently a special with Miller High Life on Saturdays and there were a lot of drunk players at my table over my 10 hour session

anyway, i love that there is no BBJ at Parx, keep it that way
CSFurious is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2012, 01:04 PM   #7752
LooseAggressive
adept
 
LooseAggressive's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2004
Location: nomad
Posts: 1,157
Re: Parx Casino (Bensalem, PA) -- FAQ updated 2011.09.08

Quote:
Originally Posted by NYCNative View Post
I almost played in the 6/12 O/E game... Wondering if there is an ante for the stud part and what it is if so.
$1 ante and $2 bring-in
LooseAggressive is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2012, 06:39 PM   #7753
2OutsNoProb
Carpal \'Tunnel
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Location: BK, NY
Posts: 15,997
Re: Parx Casino (Bensalem, PA) -- FAQ updated 2011.09.08

Quote:
Originally Posted by CSFurious View Post
cash games at Parx were great on Saturday night

there is apparently a special with Miller High Life on Saturdays and there were a lot of drunk players at my table over my 10 hour session

anyway, i love that there is no BBJ at Parx, keep it that way
I like it too, but if thats the case then the rake should be $4 or the drinks should be complimentary. I want service for my time and money.
2OutsNoProb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2012, 07:27 PM   #7754
rawl316
grinder
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Posts: 454
Re: Parx Casino (Bensalem, PA) -- FAQ updated 2011.09.08

I personally would love to see a bbj added. The excitement in ac this past weekend over the 750k was awesome. Brings in a lot of fish
rawl316 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2012, 09:00 PM   #7755
2OutsNoProb
Carpal \'Tunnel
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Location: BK, NY
Posts: 15,997
Re: Parx Casino (Bensalem, PA) -- FAQ updated 2011.09.08

It does, but unfortunately it brings in a lot of nauseating, annoying chatter about it as well. It gets excruciating when some random 64 year old woman mentions it to the dealer EVERY SINGLE HAND
2OutsNoProb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2012, 09:24 PM   #7756
rawl316
grinder
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Posts: 454
Re: Parx Casino (Bensalem, PA) -- FAQ updated 2011.09.08

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2OutsNoProb View Post
It does, but unfortunately it brings in a lot of nauseating, annoying chatter about it as well. It gets excruciating when some random 64 year old woman mentions it to the dealer EVERY SINGLE HAND
I have great skill in ignoring that stuff and not getting tilted. If that puts someone else on tilt, even better!
rawl316 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2012, 10:22 PM   #7757
cl0r0x70
veteran
 
cl0r0x70's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2006
Location: posting poker goals and challenges
Posts: 3,313
Re: Parx Casino (Bensalem, PA) -- FAQ updated 2011.09.08

Yeah.

Fish talking just sounds like money to me.

I like to chime in. "I HATE JACKS." "I put you on AK." "Had to play 36dd; It's a bad beat hand!"

It's fun to see what the dumbest thing possible you can say, without tipping off too much that you're actually messing with people.
cl0r0x70 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2012, 10:34 PM   #7758
TDMarathon86
journeyman
 
TDMarathon86's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: 26.2 miles away
Posts: 263
Re: Parx Casino (Bensalem, PA) -- FAQ updated 2011.09.08

Quote:
Originally Posted by cl0r0x70 View Post
Yeah.


I like to chime in. "I HATE JACKS." "I put you on AK." "Had to play 36dd; It's a bad beat hand!"

It's fun to see what the dumbest thing possible you can say, without tipping off too much that you're actually messing with people.
It was so crazy in AC last week that people were apologizing in advance with " Just letting you know, I'm not folding a bad beat hand" the same way they say when they sit down "Just letting you know, I don't chop blinds" @ Caesars
TDMarathon86 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2012, 10:35 PM   #7759
JoeBlue
stranger
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Posts: 12
Re: Parx Casino (Bensalem, PA) -- FAQ updated 2011.09.08

Quote:
Originally Posted by rawl316 View Post
I personally would love to see a bbj added. The excitement in ac this past weekend over the 750k was awesome. Brings in a lot of fish
This. I played a 10 hour session @ Ballys Sunday and cleaned up, fish in a barrel.

But I also find the chatter obnoxious and unbearable at times, but that's why I bring my headphones.
JoeBlue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2012, 10:55 PM   #7760
joe12286
adept
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Posts: 1,012
Re: Parx Casino (Bensalem, PA) -- FAQ updated 2011.09.08

As I think has already been mentioned in this thread, regulars pay most of the funds into the BBJ and then, when it's already high, recreational players flood the place until (and only until) it's hit. I don't have any data to back it up, but I think it's likely that the money regulars pay in over the course of a year exceeds their EV of hitting the BBJ plus the the EV from a couple weeks(?) of fish. Does anyone have numbers to support this?
joe12286 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2012, 10:58 PM   #7761
rawl316
grinder
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Posts: 454
Re: Parx Casino (Bensalem, PA) -- FAQ updated 2011.09.08

Quote:
Originally Posted by joe12286 View Post
As I think has already been mentioned in this thread, regulars pay most of the funds into the BBJ and then, when it's already high, recreational players flood the place until (and only until) it's hit. I don't have any data to back it up, but I think it's likely that the money regulars pay in over the course of a year exceeds their EV of hitting the BBJ plus the the EV from a couple weeks(?) of fish. Does anyone have numbers to support this?
I don't use poker to pay my bills, nor does a few bucks of EV affect me.
rawl316 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2012, 08:48 AM   #7762
kashabrown
journeyman
 
kashabrown's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 257
Re: Parx Casino (Bensalem, PA) -- FAQ updated 2011.09.08

Quote:
Originally Posted by rawl316 View Post
I don't use poker to pay my bills, nor does a few bucks of EV affect me.
This.

What's the BIG DEAL if they put in a BBJ. For myself - I play once or twice a week for fun - I do very well (currently on a 20 session winning streak) and if that will bring in more clueless fish, then do it. Those who are relying on poker for a living shouldn't be playing 1-2 anyway...possibly making the 2-5 a timed game and giving it and limits above that a choice on the BBJ could be an idea....

Last edited by kashabrown; 08-07-2012 at 08:54 AM.
kashabrown is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2012, 11:05 AM   #7763
joe12286
adept
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Posts: 1,012
Re: Parx Casino (Bensalem, PA) -- FAQ updated 2011.09.08

Whether you're playing for a living or not is mostly irrelevant. You're wanting more fish presumably so that you can win more money, but you're paying in more money than you'll get back.

Maybe you win 15 pots (of any size) in an average night. If you play twice a week every week then you're paying over $1500 into the BBJ. You'd have to make on average about $400 more per night during (guessing) 2 weeks of high BBJ times to have it make sense.
joe12286 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2012, 02:23 PM   #7764
bullseye180
centurion
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: New Jersey
Posts: 160
Re: Parx Casino (Bensalem, PA) -- FAQ updated 2011.09.08

If you are going to do a BBJ no one should be excluded.The whole room should have to bear the burden.It should not be like the tax system where the poorer pay the biggest %.And the worst of them all is to allow certain games to opt out then jump back in when the pot gets large.
bullseye180 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2012, 02:33 PM   #7765
kashabrown
journeyman
 
kashabrown's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 257
Re: Parx Casino (Bensalem, PA) -- FAQ updated 2011.09.08

Good points.

I can just say - when I lived in Vegas, the BBJ brought so many fish into the poker rooms - it was worth the extra dollar imho...parx is the best room I have been in since I moved back to Jersey - I think once they move the room into the main casino - they should offer bbj to attract the fish that wouldn't normally play...
kashabrown is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2012, 09:41 PM   #7766
rawl316
grinder
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Posts: 454
Re: Parx Casino (Bensalem, PA) -- FAQ updated 2011.09.08

Quote:
Originally Posted by joe12286 View Post
Whether you're playing for a living or not is mostly irrelevant. You're wanting more fish presumably so that you can win more money, but you're paying in more money than you'll get back.

Maybe you win 15 pots (of any size) in an average night. If you play twice a week every week then you're paying over $1500 into the BBJ. You'd have to make on average about $400 more per night during (guessing) 2 weeks of high BBJ times to have it make sense.
I really doubt this math is correct, but assuming it is, I don't really care. I beat the game and have fun. Aren't I theoretically only putting $15 into the BBJ? If I win 0 pots, I'm not putting anything towards the BBJ. I can see how I put in slightly more if I get someone all in and they've paid some $ towards it. But $400 profit per night in a 1/2 game is completely laughable.

I also play the lotto.
rawl316 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2012, 09:59 PM   #7767
nohands
adept
 
Join Date: May 2012
Posts: 748
Re: Parx Casino (Bensalem, PA) -- FAQ updated 2011.09.08

for the pros at parx who play only live:

how much do you guys typically make? either in a hourly or yearly rate. I have def played with some of you at 2/5 and am just curious.

I have been playing 2/5 there for a few months now and have been winning fairly consistently. I have been running good but I feel like the games are good in general and you guys are able to sustain a fairly high hourly rate.
nohands is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2012, 09:59 PM   #7768
JoeBlue
stranger
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Posts: 12
Re: Parx Casino (Bensalem, PA) -- FAQ updated 2011.09.08

Quote:
Originally Posted by kashabrown View Post
I think once they move the room into the main casino - they should offer bbj to attract the fish that wouldn't normally play...
Is there any talk of a BBJ being put in place or is this just something players have been discussing? Also the poker room is being moved to the main building? What is the timeline for that?
JoeBlue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2012, 12:39 AM   #7769
AALegend
old hand
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Location: Philly
Posts: 1,872
Re: Parx Casino (Bensalem, PA) -- FAQ updated 2011.09.08

Someone in Chester mentioned to me today that Parx started serving complementary drinks in 2/5 NL as well. Is this true?
AALegend is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2012, 02:45 AM   #7770
sling7
enthusiast
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Posts: 52
Re: Parx Casino (Bensalem, PA) -- FAQ updated 2011.09.08

Quote:
Originally Posted by rawl316 View Post
But $400 profit per night in a 1/2 game is completely laughable.
I think that it his point. He's saying it is laughable to believe BBJ is +EV in any way. There is no way your going to make your money back unless you hit it, which will most likely never happen no matter how many years you play. If you ever do hit by that time you will have probably paid more into it than you will collect.
sling7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2012, 09:52 AM   #7771
rawl316
grinder
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Posts: 454
Re: Parx Casino (Bensalem, PA) -- FAQ updated 2011.09.08

Quote:
Originally Posted by sling7 View Post
I think that it his point. He's saying it is laughable to believe BBJ is +EV in any way. There is no way your going to make your money back unless you hit it, which will most likely never happen no matter how many years you play. If you ever do hit by that time you will have probably paid more into it than you will collect.
I'm ok with that. I'm not a nit and also play -EV table games. My post was worded wrong. I was more sayin that it doesn't affect your profit by $400 a night. Maybe 15-20.
rawl316 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2012, 09:58 AM   #7772
dinesh
Pooh-Bah
 
dinesh's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Posts: 3,878
Re: Parx Casino (Bensalem, PA) -- FAQ updated 2011.09.08

Quote:
Originally Posted by AALegend View Post
Someone in Chester mentioned to me today that Parx started serving complementary drinks in 2/5 NL as well. Is this true?
Not to my knowledge, assuming you're talking about alcohol.
dinesh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2012, 10:22 AM   #7773
smd173
centurion
 
Join Date: Apr 2011
Posts: 152
Re: Parx Casino (Bensalem, PA) -- FAQ updated 2011.09.08

Quote:
Originally Posted by JoeBlue View Post
Is there any talk of a BBJ being put in place or is this just something players have been discussing?
Yes, it started because Ari (the poker room manager) posted here that they were considering it. After a few pages of discussion he thanked everyone for their input. He didn't say one way or the other what would happen.

Quote:
Originally Posted by JoeBlue View Post
Also the poker room is being moved to the main building? What is the timeline for that?
They were doing an expansion to the main building alittle while back. Last time I looked it seemed kinda finished. Someone mentioned fall of 2012 one time, not sure if that is correct.
smd173 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2012, 12:03 PM   #7774
Tre-fi
journeyman
 
Join Date: May 2012
Location: lost
Posts: 285
Re: Parx Casino (Bensalem, PA) -- FAQ updated 2011.09.08

Are they running any other tournaments aside from the WPT main event on Saturday?
Tre-fi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2012, 12:47 PM   #7775
JoeBlue
stranger
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Posts: 12
Re: Parx Casino (Bensalem, PA) -- FAQ updated 2011.09.08

Thanks smd173, haven't been out to Parx in a while, def got to make a trip out again soon, def when they move the room.
JoeBlue is offline   Reply With Quote

Reply
      

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off


Forum Jump


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 10:43 AM.


Powered by vBulletin®
Copyright ©2000 - 2021, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Copyright © 2008-2020, Two Plus Two Interactive