Two Plus Two Publishing LLC Two Plus Two Publishing LLC
 

Go Back   Two Plus Two Poker Forums > >

Venues & Communities Discussion of live, legal poker venues, and discussion among players in live poker "neighborhoods."

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-19-2012, 02:16 AM   #7301
AALegend
old hand
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Location: Philly
Posts: 1,871
Re: Parx Casino (Bensalem, PA) -- FAQ updated 2011.09.08

Quote:
Originally Posted by boc4life View Post
Parx games seem softer than Borgata.
I am a no limit player, but for what its worth 2 5 at Borgata is considerably looser/easier than 2 5 in Parx
AALegend is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2012, 09:44 AM   #7302
Zetoran
old hand
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Posts: 1,260
Re: Parx Casino (Bensalem, PA) -- FAQ updated 2011.09.08

Is the April tournament calendar right when it says there are no Saturday tournaments on the 21st or 28th?
Zetoran is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2012, 10:21 AM   #7303
dinesh
Pooh-Bah
 
dinesh's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Posts: 3,872
Re: Parx Casino (Bensalem, PA) -- FAQ updated 2011.09.08

The Spring Showdown WPT tour event runs from 4/20 - 5/2, so I'm sure the regular Saturday tournies will not be running on those days. I'm surprised any of them are, to be honest.
dinesh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2012, 10:33 AM   #7304
Zetoran
old hand
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Posts: 1,260
Re: Parx Casino (Bensalem, PA) -- FAQ updated 2011.09.08

Ah, so its replaced with a $200+30 +$100 bounty, cool. Anyone have an estimate of how many runners it might get? Debating between playing 1b of the $345 circuit event in Chester.

Any suggestions?
Zetoran is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2012, 11:12 AM   #7305
acdawg712
veteran
 
acdawg712's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2005
Location: Dust
Posts: 2,165
Re: Parx Casino (Bensalem, PA) -- FAQ updated 2011.09.08

Sticking my response from the mttc-live thread here as well:

Quote:
Originally Posted by acdawg712 View Post
^ Ha was just about to ask that question myself. It'll def be less than Chester since that event is a re-entry but should still draw a decent amount of people. I would guess something like 200-250 ish compared to 350-400 for Chester. Structure is worse than Chester, but should be softer. I'm leaning towards the Parx one myself.
acdawg712 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2012, 01:29 PM   #7306
Tekkaman
enthusiast
 
Join Date: Nov 2010
Location: philadelphia
Posts: 59
Re: Parx Casino (Bensalem, PA) -- FAQ updated 2011.09.08

Does anyone think they will even get more than 10 people for this Deepstack Live 1 day 1 K poker lesson???? I mean its hard to believe people shelling out $1000 to learn poker strategies.....
Tekkaman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2012, 02:01 PM   #7307
IWantStacks
centurion
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Posts: 179
Re: Parx Casino (Bensalem, PA) -- FAQ updated 2011.09.08

How "tough" are the $2-$5 games at Parx. I have a friend (who I don't think is very good) but of course he thinks he's awesome. He swears up and down the $2-$5 at Parx is one of the toughest games around to beat. I'm getting ready to take shots at $2-$5 and he's swears that I should start at Borgata and while I'm sure that $2-$5 at the Borgata is softer, I'm suspect that $2-$5 at Parx is anywhere near as rough as he makes it out to be.

Just wondering your thoughts...
IWantStacks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2012, 02:08 PM   #7308
Zetoran
old hand
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Posts: 1,260
Re: Parx Casino (Bensalem, PA) -- FAQ updated 2011.09.08

Haven't jumped into 2-5 at Parx yet, so I'd be curious to hear people's reaction as well. But given that there are often only a couple tables running and the max buy-in is $1000 compared to $500 my guess is that its a substantially rougher game to take a shot in.

I play 2-5 regularly at the Borgata though, so maybe I'm just psyching myself out.
Zetoran is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2012, 02:21 PM   #7309
IWantStacks
centurion
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Posts: 179
Re: Parx Casino (Bensalem, PA) -- FAQ updated 2011.09.08

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zetoran View Post
Haven't jumped into 2-5 at Parx yet, so I'd be curious to hear people's reaction as well. But given that there are often only a couple tables running and the max buy-in is $1000 compared to $500 my guess is that its a substantially rougher game to take a shot in.

I play 2-5 regularly at the Borgata though, so maybe I'm just psyching myself out.
I was planing on only buying in for $500 initially anyway. Effective stacks are effective stacks. This is more for bankroll considerations than anything else. I prefer to play as deep as possible.
IWantStacks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2012, 02:27 PM   #7310
Zetoran
old hand
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Posts: 1,260
Re: Parx Casino (Bensalem, PA) -- FAQ updated 2011.09.08

Quote:
Originally Posted by IWantStacks View Post
I was planing on only buying in for $500 initially anyway. Effective stacks are effective stacks. This is more for bankroll considerations than anything else. I prefer to play as deep as possible.
Of course effective stacks are effective stacks. And at a $1k max table effective stack size is going to be substantially bigger than at the Borgata $500 max tables. Just something to be aware of for your bankroll considerations.

And in general I would expect a 2/5 1k max table to discourage more shot-takers than a 500 max, leading to a tougher game.
Zetoran is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2012, 03:16 PM   #7311
ashinynickel
veteran
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 2,608
Borgata 2/5 is absurdly soft on the weekends (have never played there during the week) but the time, gas and toll vig won't be worth it on the weekdays if you live in the Philadelphia area. Make weekend Borgata trips.

Last edited by ashinynickel; 04-20-2012 at 03:44 PM.
ashinynickel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2012, 07:11 PM   #7312
AC_PokerChik
self-banned
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Posts: 504
Re: Parx Casino (Bensalem, PA) -- FAQ updated 2011.09.08

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tekkaman View Post
Does anyone think they will even get more than 10 people for this Deepstack Live 1 day 1 K poker lesson???? I mean its hard to believe people shelling out $1000 to learn poker strategies.....
From what I overheard at the last one...its no where near being worth $1000. They held the seminar right next to the tournament tables, so those of close got to hear the "expert" advice. It wasn't with my $345 buy-in.
AC_PokerChik is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2012, 10:38 AM   #7313
BigO6377
centurion
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Posts: 159
Re: Parx Casino (Bensalem, PA) -- FAQ updated 2011.09.08

Hey guys, is there a 12pm tournament today? Its missing on the schedule, but the Parx Open hasnt even started yet, so wondering if its just a typo on the schedule.
BigO6377 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2012, 10:41 AM   #7314
RDonovan
grinder
 
RDonovan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Posts: 546
Re: Parx Casino (Bensalem, PA) -- FAQ updated 2011.09.08

Posted in the mttc forum as well, but was anyone there last night to see how many runners the mega satty got ? Thinking of playing in tonights @ 7:00

Thanks in advance....
RDonovan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2012, 11:40 AM   #7315
Caputop
grinder
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Posts: 541
Re: Parx Casino (Bensalem, PA) -- FAQ updated 2011.09.08

Quote:
Originally Posted by RDonovan View Post
Posted in the mttc forum as well, but was anyone there last night to see how many runners the mega satty got ? Thinking of playing in tonights @ 7:00

Thanks in advance....
I heard them announce before registration closed that there were 6 seats plus 600 for the bubble, but then they were also calling alternates, not sure what the final was, but at least that.
Caputop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2012, 04:16 PM   #7316
parxface
grinder
 
Join Date: Nov 2010
Location: Chasing the Paydirt
Posts: 588
Re: Parx Casino (Bensalem, PA) -- FAQ updated 2011.09.08

Is there a schedule for second chance events? I cant find one
parxface is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2012, 05:43 PM   #7317
1ns71nct
banned
 
1ns71nct's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Posts: 3,415
Whats the lowest buyin mtts do they host and how do they play

Specifically how many usually run, player pool, structure, anything else that should be noted. Thanks in advance.
1ns71nct is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2012, 08:49 PM   #7318
ibelieveyouoweme$80k
LLSNL FF Champ '13
 
ibelieveyouoweme$80k's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
Location: Wentzylvania baby
Posts: 12,851
Re: Parx Casino (Bensalem, PA) -- FAQ updated 2011.09.08

zetoran: i gave $2/$5 a shot one night at the borgata ... within 5 hands i had basically doubled up and wound up up $820 in 2.6 hours. it was a sunday night, after midnight FWIW.

i was surprised at how easily i got paid on the first hand. opponent didn't show, but i flopped the nut flush, bet small and decided to just go all-in for $400 after a $50 preflop 3-bet and a $40 flop bet.
ibelieveyouoweme$80k is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2012, 09:39 PM   #7319
ciabathehutt
self-banned
 
ciabathehutt's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Posts: 153
Re: Parx Casino (Bensalem, PA) -- FAQ updated 2011.09.08

Quote:
Originally Posted by ibelieveinkolb View Post
zetoran: i gave $2/$5 a shot one night at the borgata ... within 5 hands i had basically doubled up and wound up up $820 in 2.6 hours. it was a sunday night, after midnight FWIW.

i was surprised at how easily i got paid on the first hand. opponent didn't show, but i flopped the nut flush, bet small and decided to just go all-in for $400 after a $50 preflop 3-bet and a $40 flop bet.
Personal anecdotes of one session are pretty useless. The situation is exactly what ashinynickel already stated. You can print money at the Borgata on weekends. During the week play at Parx because the action is just as good, although the game is a bit tougher. Learn to play deeper and you'll be fine.
ciabathehutt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2012, 11:00 PM   #7320
ibelieveyouoweme$80k
LLSNL FF Champ '13
 
ibelieveyouoweme$80k's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
Location: Wentzylvania baby
Posts: 12,851
Re: Parx Casino (Bensalem, PA) -- FAQ updated 2011.09.08

Quote:
Originally Posted by ciabathehutt View Post
Personal anecdotes of one session are pretty useless. The situation is exactly what ashinynickel already stated. You can print money at the Borgata on weekends. During the week play at Parx because the action is just as good, although the game is a bit tougher. Learn to play deeper and you'll be fine.
ok, well, i don't have exact numbers but i have a friend who drives from philly to borgata regularly to play $2/$5 because it is so soft. he told me he started around jan. 1 and was winning $1K on average per session.
ibelieveyouoweme$80k is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2012, 12:13 AM   #7321
ciabathehutt
self-banned
 
ciabathehutt's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Posts: 153
Re: Parx Casino (Bensalem, PA) -- FAQ updated 2011.09.08

Quote:
Originally Posted by ibelieveinkolb View Post
ok, well, i don't have exact numbers but i have a friend who drives from philly to borgata regularly to play $2/$5 because it is so soft. he told me he started around jan. 1 and was winning $1K on average per session.
Probably not true, there is such a thing as variance. Either way the games at the Borgata are bad during the week by nature because they are reg infested tables full of grinders. Parx still picks up bad players during the week due to it's proximity to a city where people have jobs and can easily shoot over to donk money off after work.
ciabathehutt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2012, 07:39 PM   #7322
Midnight Cowboy
grinder
 
Midnight Cowboy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: in the Village by the Sea
Posts: 549
Re: Parx Casino (Bensalem, PA) -- FAQ updated 2011.09.08

To the player asking about the 2/5 at parx, I would say, like any casino, it depends. Some nights are reg-infested, but most nights are pretty soft. And there are some regs who are awful players as well, so it's wise to learn who they are. I have about 1500 hrs logged at parx 2/5, and more than 3000 at Borgata, and my win rate is higher at parx. I think this can be attributed to the $1,000 buyin more than anything else. And like someone else said, parx will still pull in plenty of fish on weekdays. I can only speak about the late night hours...never played during the daytime.
Midnight Cowboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2012, 09:56 AM   #7323
ParX_miles
stranger
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Posts: 11
Re: Parx Casino (Bensalem, PA) -- FAQ updated 2011.09.08

Quote:
Originally Posted by Midnight Cowboy View Post
To the player asking about the 2/5 at parx, I would say, like any casino, it depends. Some nights are reg-infested, but most nights are pretty soft. And there are some regs who are awful players as well, so it's wise to learn who they are. I have about 1500 hrs logged at parx 2/5, and more than 3000 at Borgata, and my win rate is higher at parx. I think this can be attributed to the $1,000 buyin more than anything else. And like someone else said, parx will still pull in plenty of fish on weekdays. I can only speak about the late night hours...never played during the daytime.

Pretty soft, eh? Hmmmmm...maybe its just me (very possible) but typically, the 2/5 is anything but...particularly the late nights.
ParX_miles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2012, 10:22 AM   #7324
ParX_miles
stranger
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Posts: 11
Re: Parx Casino (Bensalem, PA) -- FAQ updated 2011.09.08

Had an idea, and been trying to buzz it around to dealers/floor/players willing to listen...
My thought, and something I've never seen done live...
Spread a true 6-max. Make it a 5/10 time-rake, though the limits can be tweaked.
There are some of us who live for short-handed play, and given the chance, would prefer it, whatever our reasons.
Every room seems to have a gimmick, a unique offering to its patronage, be-it bad-beat-jackpots, or a no-cap 1/2 (Nugget), or any number of promotions, comps, freerolls, or other attractions meant to create more foot-traffic in the casio/poker-room.
Its clear Parx Poker fishes in the same pond, same demographic, as any other rooms within an hour or two's drive.

I think you will find Parx will attract players specifically for this game who are perhaps now most frequenting some of its competitors. There's always that one thing that makes a player choose one Poker Room over the others.
Feedback? Interest? Ideas?
ParX_miles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2012, 12:28 PM   #7325
1ns71nct
banned
 
1ns71nct's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Posts: 3,415
Re: Parx Casino (Bensalem, PA) -- FAQ updated 2011.09.08

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1ns71nct View Post
Whats the lowest buyin mtts do they host and how do they play

Specifically how many usually run, player pool, structure, anything else that should be noted. Thanks in advance.
got skipped
1ns71nct is offline   Reply With Quote

Reply
      

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off


Forum Jump


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 06:47 AM.


Powered by vBulletin®
Copyright ©2000 - 2021, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Copyright © 2008-2020, Two Plus Two Interactive