Two Plus Two Publishing LLC Two Plus Two Publishing LLC
 

Go Back   Two Plus Two Poker Forums > >

Venues & Communities Discussion of live, legal poker venues, and discussion among players in live poker "neighborhoods."

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-10-2011, 09:27 AM   #6501
vazdog33
grinder
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Posts: 522
Re: Parx Casino (Bensalem, PA) -- FAQ updated 2011.09.08

Was contemplating hopping on that 10:45 bus from NYC to parx. Does anyone know if I am tied to that 5:30 bus back to NYC? Or would I be able to get on a later one? Any info is greatly appreciated.
vazdog33 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2011, 11:42 AM   #6502
Ari
Poker Room Rep
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Location: Parx
Posts: 190
Re: Parx Casino (Bensalem, PA) -- FAQ updated 2011.09.08

Quote:
Originally Posted by vazdog33 View Post
Was contemplating hopping on that 10:45 bus from NYC to parx. Does anyone know if I am tied to that 5:30 bus back to NYC? Or would I be able to get on a later one? Any info is greatly appreciated.
There are buses that run all day, shouldnt be a problem.
Ari is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2011, 02:12 PM   #6503
Acoplander1
journeyman
 
Join Date: Oct 2005
Location: United States
Posts: 282
Re: Parx Casino (Bensalem, PA) -- FAQ updated 2011.09.08

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ari View Post
There are buses that run all day, shouldnt be a problem.
Not quite. If you miss your original bus, you can get on stand-by for a later return time, but don't count on seats for the 11:30PM and the 2:00AM buses, which are combo-borough buses.

Also, return tickets are valid for 12 hours and the same gaming day only. If your original return time is, say 3:45PM, and you play a long session and try to get on the 4:00AM bus (last bus out), you'll pay another $14.00.
Acoplander1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2011, 12:18 PM   #6504
aweYin
newbie
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Posts: 27
Re: Parx Casino (Bensalem, PA) -- FAQ updated 2011.09.08

Quote:
Originally Posted by Acoplander1 View Post
Not quite. If you miss your original bus, you can get on stand-by for a later return time, but don't count on seats for the 11:30PM and the 2:00AM buses, which are combo-borough buses.

Also, return tickets are valid for 12 hours and the same gaming day only. If your original return time is, say 3:45PM, and you play a long session and try to get on the 4:00AM bus (last bus out), you'll pay another $14.00.
While it's true that you get on standby for returning at a time that is not your regular scheduled one, I have been able to get on a later bus every other time except one. Also, while the return tickets used to be good for 24 hours, but now say 12 hours, I have not paid the $14 for going over the 12 hour period.
aweYin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2011, 06:41 PM   #6505
PASANDSMAN
adept
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Posts: 716
Re: Parx Casino (Bensalem, PA) -- FAQ updated 2011.09.08

Quote:
Originally Posted by parxface View Post
The game is 100% a go for tommorow. I have some work to do but will pm if i can make it tonight
I have been told the PLO game at PARX is ran by three of the same players every time it runs colluding together to take the others' money. This was told to me by 5 regular Parx players as well as outsiders that told me about the game. Is this still the case?? I would love to play in a legitimate PLO game but the thought of collusion in such a draw heavy game with possibility of 3 colluders scares me away.... Can anyone else comment on these rumors/possible facts??? Not tough to have two or three guys signaling or raising say set vs. nut flush draw back and forth until all in squeezing other players out of pots.... If the game is legit, I would love to play in it often this winter.
PASANDSMAN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2011, 08:28 PM   #6506
BriMc
old hand
 
Join Date: Oct 2005
Location: Seat Change Button Please Dealer!
Posts: 1,467
Re: Parx Casino (Bensalem, PA) -- FAQ updated 2011.09.08

Quote:
Originally Posted by PASANDSMAN View Post
I have been told the PLO game at PARX is ran by three of the same players every time it runs colluding together to take the others' money. This was told to me by 5 regular Parx players as well as outsiders that told me about the game. Is this still the case?? I would love to play in a legitimate PLO game but the thought of collusion in such a draw heavy game with possibility of 3 colluders scares me away.... Can anyone else comment on these rumors/possible facts??? Not tough to have two or three guys signaling or raising say set vs. nut flush draw back and forth until all in squeezing other players out of pots.... If the game is legit, I would love to play in it often this winter.
Obviously I'm one of the regs in the game, and I do a lot of texting and coordinating to get the game going, so I can't help but feel like I'm one of the people this is directed at.

First of all, it isn't "still the case" because it never was.

Second, Who told you that? I'd like to talk to all of them, cause that is a serious allegation and its total garbage. There is none of that going on in the game, at all. There's no signalling, no back raising, there isn't even soft playing, we try to stack each other every chance we get.

Third, I'm the biggest nit about game integrity there is. When I've backed people I've been adamant that we never sit at the same table because I don't think its ethical to play at the same table as one of your horses, even thought that stuff goes on all the time. Friday night I called out another reg at the table for not protecting the game's integrity on Wednesday night (see this thread for details: https://forumserver.twoplustwo.com/27...thing-1137266/). Those are just 2 examples off the top of my head.

For someone to say that the regs in the game are cheating is ridiculous, what proof is there? For you to have "heard" that from 5+ people is laughable. I really think you are exaggerating, or making it all up entirely to stir up things, but I'll give you the benefit of the doubt.

I'm no cheater and none are the other plo regs at Parx. Next time anyone feels like saying we are, please come say it to me personally, other wise keep your mouth shut.


P.S.

I looked back through your post history and it seems you are the same guy who accused the 6/12 O/E game of cheating you without any evidence a few months ago. So what's your deal? You work for Sands or something?

Last edited by BriMc; 12-11-2011 at 08:52 PM. Reason: more info
BriMc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2011, 09:35 PM   #6507
ShipFaced12
journeyman
 
ShipFaced12's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Location: NE Philly
Posts: 246
Re: Parx Casino (Bensalem, PA) -- FAQ updated 2011.09.08

Quote:
Originally Posted by BriMc View Post
Third, I'm the biggest nit about game integrity there is. When I've backed people I've been adamant that we never sit at the same table because I don't think its ethical to play at the same table as one of your horses, even thought that stuff goes on all the time.
I can confirm this because I was once backed by BriMc. One of our rules was I was never allowed to play PLO, let alone play in the game while he was playing, since that would ruin the integrity of the game. I am no longer backed and I take every opportunity I get to stack him or anyone else at the table.
ShipFaced12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2011, 10:06 PM   #6508
PASANDSMAN
adept
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Posts: 716
Re: Parx Casino (Bensalem, PA) -- FAQ updated 2011.09.08

Quote:
Originally Posted by BriMc View Post
Obviously I'm one of the regs in the game, and I do a lot of texting and coordinating to get the game going, so I can't help but feel like I'm one of the people this is directed at.

First of all, it isn't "still the case" because it never was.

Second, Who told you that? I'd like to talk to all of them, cause that is a serious allegation and its total garbage. There is none of that going on in the game, at all. There's no signalling, no back raising, there isn't even soft playing, we try to stack each other every chance we get.

Third, I'm the biggest nit about game integrity there is. When I've backed people I've been adamant that we never sit at the same table because I don't think its ethical to play at the same table as one of your horses, even thought that stuff goes on all the time. Friday night I called out another reg at the table for not protecting the game's integrity on Wednesday night (see this thread for details: https://forumserver.twoplustwo.com/27...thing-1137266/). Those are just 2 examples off the top of my head.

For someone to say that the regs in the game are cheating is ridiculous, what proof is there? For you to have "heard" that from 5+ people is laughable. I really think you are exaggerating, or making it all up entirely to stir up things, but I'll give you the benefit of the doubt.

I'm no cheater and none are the other plo regs at Parx. Next time anyone feels like saying we are, please come say it to me personally, other wise keep your mouth shut.


P.S.

I looked back through your post history and it seems you are the same guy who accused the 6/12 O/E game of cheating you without any evidence a few months ago. So what's your deal? You work for Sands or something?
I do not work for Sands, I am a regular there and enjoy going to that casino the most but do go to others as well. I can obviously not post on here the people's names that told me there is collusion in the PLO game. I can tell you this, when I was there playing OE there was a PLO game going short-handed with like 6 players in it. I love the game and was saying I was gonna go over and play, at the time I had a lot of chips from the OE game and wanted to play for higher stakes. Two of the regs in the OE game told me not to waste my time in that game that there are 3 players that squeeze the rest of the table. He said anyone there that is a reg and played in the game will say the same thing that the collusion among these three players is that obvious so I never played in the game. On another occasion, I befriended an late 20ish Asian player that I spoke to several times on the phone and was gonna come play in the O8 game at the Sands. In one of our conversations, I mentioned to him about what the regs said about the PLO game. I thought maybe they told me that because they did not wanna lose another player in the already short OE game. My newly befriended reg at Parx said it was true as well about the PLO game. Throughout the months, their were two PARX players I played with in other games that told me the same thing. These were the 5 people that said this, I never played in the PLO game as a result. I have nothing to gain by sharing my story. If you would like to PM me, I can tell you the names I remember or was told. Also, I played in the OE game at PARX three times, all three times posted a winning session. I did not flat out say the players are cheating, I did say they softplay beyond belief. I stick by what I said and it was from a sample size of only 3 sessions but all 3 times were the same players soft playing. Others on here shared my opinions openly about the OE game there. I am sure there will be posters that also mention the same thing about the PLO game. Again, I NEVER played in the PLO game, but was told the same thing by 5 players.
PASANDSMAN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2011, 10:45 PM   #6509
BriMc
old hand
 
Join Date: Oct 2005
Location: Seat Change Button Please Dealer!
Posts: 1,467
So you never played in the plo game but you come on here asking if we are still cheating everyone. That seems fair.

Then 3 of the 5 people you say accused us of cheating are regs in the O/E game and told you that we're cheaters when you were about to rack up and come play with us and leave that game short. You don't mention that in your fist post though. You're a real piece of work.

Yeah send me the names of the people who called us cheaters. I'm pretty sure you won't though.
BriMc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2011, 12:01 AM   #6510
parxface
grinder
 
Join Date: Nov 2010
Location: Chasing the Paydirt
Posts: 588
Re: Parx Casino (Bensalem, PA) -- FAQ updated 2011.09.08

I must be the worst cheater ever since im a reg in the game yet i was stuck 10k btwn september and november.
parxface is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2011, 01:34 AM   #6511
bergs
newbie
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Posts: 49
Re: Parx Casino (Bensalem, PA) -- FAQ updated 2011.09.08

I played in this game recently and had a keen eye out for any collusion since it was obvious that a) I was an outsider (1st time there) and b) it was shorthanded and the other players obviously knew one another.

I saw no evidence of soft play (quite the contrary, actually). Yes, there may have been some raising taking place between the nut flush draw and someone with a set. Welcome to pot limit omaha. I remember one such hand where I had broadway and I was sticking it in there too.

Accusing someone of cheating at a game where trust is inherently important like poker is a serious thing. I think you need to have more facts (first-hand knowledge) if you're going to do this on a oft-visited place like 2+2.

(Disclaimer: Old username was Romo9MVP. Had to change it after the game tonight because the Cowboys and football sucks hard and I don't want to be reminded of that everytime I login here).
bergs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2011, 10:48 AM   #6512
GreatestShowOnFelt
stranger
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Location: 1 Seat
Posts: 10
Re: Parx Casino (Bensalem, PA) -- FAQ updated 2011.09.08

Just another sands player hating on Parx. Oh well
GreatestShowOnFelt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2011, 01:44 PM   #6513
Pippen33
veteran
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Posts: 2,063
Re: Parx Casino (Bensalem, PA) -- FAQ updated 2011.09.08

Quote:
Originally Posted by PASANDSMAN View Post
I have been told the PLO game at PARX is ran by three of the same players every time it runs colluding together to take the others' money. This was told to me by 5 regular Parx players as well as outsiders that told me about the game. Is this still the case?? I would love to play in a legitimate PLO game but the thought of collusion in such a draw heavy game with possibility of 3 colluders scares me away.... Can anyone else comment on these rumors/possible facts??? Not tough to have two or three guys signaling or raising say set vs. nut flush draw back and forth until all in squeezing other players out of pots.... If the game is legit, I would love to play in it often this winter.
what a ridiculous accusation. I hate these "I heard from so and so that....." posts.

The big problem with throwing something like that out is, when people come in to defend the game and their integrity, it might be assumed "oh, they must be the ones colluding....of course they are gonna say that".

This is at least the second game variation that you've accused of collusion. You mentioned the exact same thing about the 6/12 game. In that post you talk about squeezing out draws and the perceived aggression vs non-regs. Squeezing out draws is obv super standard and extreme aggression vs non regs (less experienced players) can also be explained as good poker.

While reviewing your post history, everything you say about PARX is negative. The bar, the games, the bathroom, the room is so smokey you can't see (actual quote). You also have multiple negative posts in the Mount Airy (Poconos) thread.

It's fairly clear you have ulterior motives. Look, if you're a Sands fan, that's awesome. Play poker there. Play poker there often...and enjoy it. No need to bash other rooms when it's not warranted.
Quote:

Not tough to have two or three guys signaling or raising say set vs. nut flush draw back and forth until all in squeezing other players out of pots


OMG, I was at PARX and saw a guy with top set get in a raising was with a guy with a nut flush draw (maybe wrap too)...obv they were forcing everybody out by potting it. I was disgusted!!
Please DO play the game.

Last edited by Pippen33; 12-12-2011 at 02:04 PM.
Pippen33 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2011, 02:52 PM   #6514
BriMc
old hand
 
Join Date: Oct 2005
Location: Seat Change Button Please Dealer!
Posts: 1,467
Re: Parx Casino (Bensalem, PA) -- FAQ updated 2011.09.08

Ok, so I'm less angry than I was last night about this, plus the Giants Won. (sorry ex-Romo, I had to twist that knife a bit).


Last thing I'll say on it is this, the game has ebbed and flowed over the past year, currently we play 2x a week (Wed and Friday, sometimes more, less if there is a big tournament somewhere).

Everything at PARX is recorded, so come down and play, find some evidence of signaling and back raising, and what ever other collusion some guy told you goes on.

If PARUMORMONGER or anyone else that thinks the PLO game at PARX "is ran by three of the same players every time it runs colluding together to take the others' money" can do that, and prove that any of the game's regs (defined as someone who has been a reg for the past year, and continues to play at least 1x a week over the course of the next 3 months) in the game are colluding, I will pay you $5K in cash.

And if you aren't willing to man up and try to prove your accusations then you should apologize for running your mouth.

Last edited by BriMc; 12-12-2011 at 02:59 PM.
BriMc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2011, 02:58 PM   #6515
parxface
grinder
 
Join Date: Nov 2010
Location: Chasing the Paydirt
Posts: 588
Re: Parx Casino (Bensalem, PA) -- FAQ updated 2011.09.08

5k from me too... Brimc and i both have played in that game 90% of the times it has run. We win we lose but i have never spotted any cheating. I think the perception may be there bc we always have a ton of chips... But in reality i have a platinum lucky horseshoe shoved up my ass (i can say ass right?)
parxface is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2011, 05:16 PM   #6516
Ranma4703
veteran
 
Join Date: Apr 2006
Location: she / her
Posts: 3,009
Re: Parx Casino (Bensalem, PA) -- FAQ updated 2011.09.08

I play the PLO game occasionally but I'm a huge fish so you'll usually see me at 2/5 NL... I can say that I've never noticed anything fishy going on (unless you count my play!)
Ranma4703 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2011, 05:55 PM   #6517
BriMc
old hand
 
Join Date: Oct 2005
Location: Seat Change Button Please Dealer!
Posts: 1,467
Re: Parx Casino (Bensalem, PA) -- FAQ updated 2011.09.08

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ranma4703 View Post
I play the PLO game occasionally but I'm a huge fish so you'll usually see me at 2/5 NL... I can say that I've never noticed anything fishy going on (unless you count my play!)
You can't be a huge fish when you only play like 4 hands in 3 hours.

Thanks for saying what you've observed from actually playing the game.

So that's 6 people who've actually played the game that say its straight up, and silence from the guy who came here to stir the pot.
BriMc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2011, 07:32 PM   #6518
ArgentinaBoy
adept
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Location: Bethlehem, PA
Posts: 761
I'm more suspicious by u guys defending this game then the actual claims that were made
ArgentinaBoy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2011, 08:23 PM   #6519
Grim Horse
grinder
 
Grim Horse's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Location: The other side of the monitor.
Posts: 517
Re: Parx Casino (Bensalem, PA) -- FAQ updated 2011.09.08

I don't play the game, but why wouldn't they defend it?

People who lose in games can't accept that the reason they lost is due to variance or bad play. They think they must have been cheated, and will talk about it to anyone who will listen as poker players are want to do. Look at the constant blathering by losing players about how online poker is rigged and no one can win.
Also passive players getting whipsawed will see the only likely reason as collusion.

Persistent collusion is exceedingly rare and rarely effective. It really sucks that a few people suggesting that could hurt a fledgling game people are working so hard to make regular.

If you want to be super suspicious you should also consider that the people telling you this want to drive players into their own game.
Grim Horse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2011, 08:33 PM   #6520
parxface
grinder
 
Join Date: Nov 2010
Location: Chasing the Paydirt
Posts: 588
Re: Parx Casino (Bensalem, PA) -- FAQ updated 2011.09.08

Quote:
Originally Posted by ArgentinaBoy View Post
I'm more suspicious by u guys defending this game then the actual claims that were made
Let me explain why im defending it-- other can explain there reasons.
1 i hate playing nlh for hours on end. 2. I enjoy the action and the game is much more laid back for a rec player like myself then say a 10-10 nl game. 3. And probably most important-- i defend the integrity of this game bc it is tough to get a plo game going and since we worked so hard to get the game a place at Parx and also a player pool... I dont want to lose it bc people are afraid to play bc of one knucklehead claiming collusion.
parxface is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2011, 09:22 PM   #6521
Force of Will
enthusiast
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Posts: 61
Re: Parx Casino (Bensalem, PA) -- FAQ updated 2011.09.08

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grim Horse View Post
I don't play the game, but why wouldn't they defend it?

People who lose in games can't accept that the reason they lost is due to variance or bad play. They think they must have been cheated, and will talk about it to anyone who will listen as poker players are want to do. Look at the constant blathering by losing players about how online poker is rigged and no one can win.
Also passive players getting whipsawed will see the only likely reason as collusion.

Persistent collusion is exceedingly rare and rarely effective. It really sucks that a few people suggesting that could hurt a fledgling game people are working so hard to make regular.

If you want to be super suspicious you should also consider that the people telling you this want to drive players into their own game.

^this

Ive played with the players being referred to and saw a lot of raises, pot bets and bluffs... PLO is an action game. People who lose tend to complain and will make any excuse possible, especially if they can't handle the aggressive game and the swings. I've heard the same accusation for the 10-10 game about squeezing. Whatever
Force of Will is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2011, 09:23 PM   #6522
PASANDSMAN
adept
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Posts: 716
Re: Parx Casino (Bensalem, PA) -- FAQ updated 2011.09.08

Quote:
Originally Posted by ArgentinaBoy View Post
I'm more suspicious by u guys defending this game then the actual claims that were made
Thank you, this is my point exactly and why I added the TOO FUNNY comment. I made a post that in hindsight may not of been the best idea based on things I have heard from other players and not of ever playing in the game myself. I love PLO and really wanted to play, only reason I posted was to get some useful feedback from others that played in the game. I have received to very helpful PMs from my post. These players that are taking so much offense were never called out directly by name. All I was looking for was posts in response or PMs that were like yes, it is a straight, honest game. Or on the flip side, I played in it and it seemed a little shady IMO. Instead the so called regs jump on me like I stole their first born. Just your defensiveness and anger will steer me away from ever playing it. It is a shame because Sands will not spread PLO and it is my best and favorite game. So I was going to go to PARX twice a week to play, but now I will not come out because of all the negativity. Hopefully one day I can find a good PLO game, if you know of any casino in PA or NJ that spreads one regularly, please let me know. Thanks.
PASANDSMAN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2011, 09:53 PM   #6523
acdawg712
veteran
 
acdawg712's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2005
Location: Dust
Posts: 2,165
Re: Parx Casino (Bensalem, PA) -- FAQ updated 2011.09.08

Quote:
Originally Posted by PASANDSMAN View Post
Thank you, this is my point exactly and why I added the TOO FUNNY comment. I made a post that in hindsight may not of been the best idea based on things I have heard from other players and not of ever playing in the game myself. I love PLO and really wanted to play, only reason I posted was to get some useful feedback from others that played in the game. I have received to very helpful PMs from my post. These players that are taking so much offense were never called out directly by name. All I was looking for was posts in response or PMs that were like yes, it is a straight, honest game. Or on the flip side, I played in it and it seemed a little shady IMO. Instead the so called regs jump on me like I stole their first born. Just your defensiveness and anger will steer me away from ever playing it. It is a shame because Sands will not spread PLO and it is my best and favorite game. So I was going to go to PARX twice a week to play, but now I will not come out because of all the negativity. Hopefully one day I can find a good PLO game, if you know of any casino in PA or NJ that spreads one regularly, please let me know. Thanks.

I think Parx spreads a $5 single blind PLO game twice a week on Wednesday and Friday. $200-500 buyin. Occasional $10 straddle. Good game.

Last edited by acdawg712; 12-12-2011 at 09:59 PM. Reason: Wanted to add in the buyin, straddle and the fact that it is a good game.
acdawg712 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2011, 10:24 PM   #6524
Chr1s
centurion
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
Posts: 195
Re: Parx Casino (Bensalem, PA) -- FAQ updated 2011.09.08

Any idea on when the tournament schedule will be released?
Chr1s is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2011, 11:12 PM   #6525
parxface
grinder
 
Join Date: Nov 2010
Location: Chasing the Paydirt
Posts: 588
Re: Parx Casino (Bensalem, PA) -- FAQ updated 2011.09.08

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chr1s View Post
Any idea on when the tournament schedule will be released?
Plo tommorow? 630 start short?
parxface is offline   Reply With Quote

Reply
      

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off


Forum Jump


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 06:32 AM.


Powered by vBulletin®
Copyright ©2000 - 2021, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Copyright © 2008-2020, Two Plus Two Interactive