Two Plus Two Publishing LLC Two Plus Two Publishing LLC
 

Go Back   Two Plus Two Poker Forums > >

Venues & Communities Discussion of live, legal poker venues, and discussion among players in live poker "neighborhoods."

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-05-2011, 11:42 AM   #6001
IFSATG
adept
 
IFSATG's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Location: Searchn4Lite NtheDarknessOfInsanity
Posts: 714
Re: Parx Casino (Bensalem, PA) -- FAQ updated 2011.09.08

+1 - I'm done. Agreed on all points.
IFSATG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2011, 12:46 PM   #6002
Elbow Jobertski
adept
 
Elbow Jobertski's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Posts: 1,089
Re: Parx Casino (Bensalem, PA) -- FAQ updated 2011.09.08

2/4/6? Is that 2-4-6-6 or 2-2-4-6? Or I guess maybe 2-4-4-6?

Sounds like a good way to confuse low-rolling casual players and drive them off to somewhere where they play "normal poker."
Elbow Jobertski is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2011, 02:18 PM   #6003
agent87
journeyman
 
Join Date: May 2007
Posts: 238
Re: Parx Casino (Bensalem, PA) -- FAQ updated 2011.09.08

Funny thing is, when I first started playing hold 'em, the lowest stakes I could find anywhere was $5-10 with a $3 rake, and many rooms lowest was $6-12 with a $3 rake. This was a great bottom game because players could easily win and move on to the next level. Inflation adjusted, that's probably equivalent to a pink chip game with a $4 rake. Now, the lowest games are $2-4 with a $5 rake (+1 BBJ in many rooms). It's sad to know that LHE has no chance of survival when these types of structures exist.
agent87 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2011, 02:48 PM   #6004
godsgift
centurion
 
godsgift's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2010
Location: OCCUPY BENSALEM
Posts: 140
Re: Parx Casino (Bensalem, PA) -- FAQ updated 2011.09.08

Quote:
Originally Posted by Elbow Jobertski View Post
2/4/6? Is that 2-4-6-6 or 2-2-4-6? Or I guess maybe 2-4-4-6?

Sounds like a good way to confuse low-rolling casual players and drive them off to somewhere where they play "normal poker."
2-2-4-6
godsgift is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2011, 03:10 PM   #6005
IFSATG
adept
 
IFSATG's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Location: Searchn4Lite NtheDarknessOfInsanity
Posts: 714
Re: Parx Casino (Bensalem, PA) -- FAQ updated 2011.09.08

Quote:
Originally Posted by agent87 View Post
Funny thing is, when I first started playing hold 'em, the lowest stakes I could find anywhere was $5-10 with a $3 rake, and many rooms lowest was $6-12 with a $3 rake. This was a great bottom game because players could easily win and move on to the next level. Inflation adjusted, that's probably equivalent to a pink chip game with a $4 rake. Now, the lowest games are $2-4 with a $5 rake (+1 BBJ in many rooms). It's sad to know that LHE has no chance of survival when these types of structures exist.
Yep... about $100/hour going off the table, in a game with about $50 pots.
IFSATG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2011, 03:23 PM   #6006
midas
Pooh-Bah
 
Join Date: Aug 2003
Location: Northern NJ
Posts: 3,515
Quote:
Originally Posted by agent87 View Post
Funny thing is, when I first started playing hold 'em, the lowest stakes I could find anywhere was $5-10 with a $3 rake, and many rooms lowest was $6-12 with a $3 rake. This was a great bottom game because players could easily win and move on to the next level. Inflation adjusted, that's probably equivalent to a pink chip game with a $4 rake. Now, the lowest games are $2-4 with a $5 rake (+1 BBJ in many rooms). It's sad to know that LHE has no chance of survival when these types of structures exist.
Low limit LHE Has been surviving for years in any rake environment. Assume the rake is 10% up to 4 or 5 so the lift off the table is not that great. 2-4 or 3-6 LHE is mostly a learning or social game - nobody cares about rake.
midas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2011, 03:26 PM   #6007
zrap
adept
 
zrap's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Posts: 841
Re: Parx Casino (Bensalem, PA) -- FAQ updated 2011.09.08

Here comes a rant... this has been building up for quite a while so here goes..

I'm a 2/5 regular who plays about 4-5 nights a week so I put in lots of hours. I've become increasingly pissed off at the greediness and price gouging happening at Parx.


1) THE RAKE .. $5 max is bad to begin with, but $1 at every $10 is just brutal. Every time there is a preflop raise, one caller continuation bet and fold Parx is raking $5 on a $50 pot. It is just brutal. By contrast at the Venetian that same pot is raked at $3 I believe.

The Parx defenders in the past have chimed in with the "but they give some back with freerolls" defense, but looky here... the last freeroll was for July's play. So now it is August , September, and now October with extremely high rake and no give back at all.

2) THE DRINK PRICES Every ****ing day I have to here casual players complain and be amazing at the price Parx charges for drinks. $7 for a mixed drink that is nothing special. $6 for a bottle of beer. These prices are insulting and a slap in the face to every customer who orders one, major price gouging. No respect for customers in the least.

3) COMPS STILL SUCK
Same ****ty comps now even less to use them on, since no take out at the already way overpriced noodle bar, and I don't think Chickies is delivered.



Parx is a well run room with great games, great staff, very nice room, etc. But it's almost like they are being friendly to your face then ****ing your girl behind your back but reaming everyone with their greediness.

It's working for them now with no competition for local players, but if and when there was I'll personally remember the current gouging going on even if they then improve in these areas to match the competition.
zrap is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2011, 03:50 PM   #6008
BriMc
old hand
 
Join Date: Oct 2005
Location: Seat Change Button Please Dealer!
Posts: 1,467
Re: Parx Casino (Bensalem, PA) -- FAQ updated 2011.09.08

Quote:
Originally Posted by zrap View Post
Here comes a rant... this has been building up for quite a while so here goes..

I'm a 2/5 regular who plays about 4-5 nights a week so I put in lots of hours. I've become increasingly pissed off at the greediness and price gouging happening at Parx.


1) THE RAKE .. $5 max is bad to begin with, but $1 at every $10 is just brutal. Every time there is a preflop raise, one caller continuation bet and fold Parx is raking $5 on a $50 pot. It is just brutal. By contrast at the Venetian that same pot is raked at $3 I believe.

The Parx defenders in the past have chimed in with the "but they give some back with freerolls" defense, but looky here... the last freeroll was for July's play. So now it is August , September, and now October with extremely high rake and no give back at all.

2) THE DRINK PRICES Every ****ing day I have to here casual players complain and be amazing at the price Parx charges for drinks. $7 for a mixed drink that is nothing special. $6 for a bottle of beer. These prices are insulting and a slap in the face to every customer who orders one, major price gouging. No respect for customers in the least.

3) COMPS STILL SUCK
Same ****ty comps now even less to use them on, since no take out at the already way overpriced noodle bar, and I don't think Chickies is delivered.



Parx is a well run room with great games, great staff, very nice room, etc. But it's almost like they are being friendly to your face then ****ing your girl behind your back but reaming everyone with their greediness.

It's working for them now with no competition for local players, but if and when there was I'll personally remember the current gouging going on even if they then improve in these areas to match the competition.

What is this, beat the dead horse day? First its the 2/4 limit discussion, now its the boo hoo the rake is too damn high ant he comps suck discussion. 10 minutes till someone bitches about the parking lot, the bathrooms or the smokey bar....
BriMc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2011, 04:07 PM   #6009
SolidFish
journeyman
 
SolidFish's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2006
Posts: 328
Re: Parx Casino (Bensalem, PA) -- FAQ updated 2011.09.08

Quote:
Originally Posted by BriMc View Post
FWIW I've yet to see a 2/4 or a 2/4/6 game run at Parx. Has anyone?

and LOL @ people need to have 2/4 to move up from. No one moves up from 2/4 cause it is mathematically impossible to beat that game with a 5 dollar rake.
2/4 ftw BriMc! Stop hating!! This is none of your concerns! U don't even play the Texas holdems!
SolidFish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2011, 06:10 PM   #6010
Death Valley
Pooh-Bah
 
Death Valley's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2002
Location: Staten Island
Posts: 5,036
Re: Parx Casino (Bensalem, PA) -- FAQ updated 2011.09.08

Can u turn off the Damn volume on the TVs? It's a pokerroom not a sportsbar
Death Valley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2011, 08:44 PM   #6011
PASANDSMAN
adept
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Posts: 716
Re: Parx Casino (Bensalem, PA) -- FAQ updated 2011.09.08

Is it just me or does the parking lot suck at this place? I am scared to drive my beemer there in fear of doing damage to it. Also, the bar is so smokey you can not see right and do not get me going on the bathrooms. Just my thoughts.
PASANDSMAN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2011, 10:41 PM   #6012
zrap
adept
 
zrap's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Posts: 841
Re: Parx Casino (Bensalem, PA) -- FAQ updated 2011.09.08

Quote:
Originally Posted by BriMc View Post
What is this, beat the dead horse day? First its the 2/4 limit discussion, now its the boo hoo the rake is too damn high ant he comps suck discussion. 10 minutes till someone bitches about the parking lot, the bathrooms or the smokey bar....
Hey, maybe they will do something about it one day? They do read this thread. Can't speak for other games but the 2/5 games are getting worse, less players, less action. I know of a few who have totally switched to Harrahs chester recently. Many of the Borgata players who used to come to Parx a few days a week never come anymore. I've never even been to Harrahs chester but plan on going sometime this week to check it out. I'm not really even one to try new things, I go with what works, hence never trying Chester despite living less then 30 minutes away. Parx in making me try them as far as I'm concerned. My hopes aren't very high since I've never fancied any Harrahs run room in Vegas or AC but I'll give them a shot.

BriMc, When rake was discussed before were you one of the guys to use the "they give it back in freerolls" explanation. I really don't know if you were, but if so, what do you feel about them not having them anymore?

These problems may seem redundant and nothing new but you know what else is redundant and nothing new..... having a new player to parx order a redbull. Having the waitress embarassingly tell them it cost $5, then also embarassingly try to explain to them that it is Playboy instead of Redbull and of course nobody knows wtf playboy is. Then have the table all talk about what a ripoff they are when it comes to drinks.
zrap is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2011, 12:55 AM   #6013
TheTalkingMule
grinder
 
TheTalkingMule's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2008
Location: Kensington South
Posts: 468
Re: Parx Casino (Bensalem, PA) -- FAQ updated 2011.09.08

High Life = $1.50 most days

Work it out.
TheTalkingMule is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2011, 01:21 AM   #6014
SolidFish
journeyman
 
SolidFish's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2006
Posts: 328
Re: Parx Casino (Bensalem, PA) -- FAQ updated 2011.09.08

Quote:
Originally Posted by PASANDSMAN View Post
Is it just me or does the parking lot suck at this place? I am scared to drive my beemer there in fear of doing damage to it. Also, the bar is so smokey you can not see right and do not get me going on the bathrooms. Just my thoughts.
These are all myths of Parx East. Not much smoke at the bar w an exception of tourney breaks. And the potholes are fixed.
SolidFish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2011, 02:43 AM   #6015
beetman
old hand
 
Join Date: Sep 2002
Posts: 1,507
Re: Parx Casino (Bensalem, PA) -- FAQ updated 2011.09.08

Quote:
Originally Posted by Elbow Jobertski View Post
2/4/6? Is that 2-4-6-6 or 2-2-4-6? Or I guess maybe 2-4-4-6?

Sounds like a good way to confuse low-rolling casual players and drive them off to somewhere where they play "normal poker."
It's 2-4-4-6 and I doubt it would confuse the low-rolling casual players. Last summer I played in Bally's 2-4-4-6 game one night and any time a new player sat down and was confused by the river action, they were told "the river bet is 6 in this game" and they'd shrug and bet 6.

I generally play 8-16 through 15-30ish limit so I don't care much about the presence of 2-4 at Parx (my main preference is that I'd like to see more 8-16 or something in that range so I have something to play if the 15-30 game doesn't look good, or I don't feel like playing that high that day, but I accept that NLHE has killed limit poker for people in the $300/$500 buyin range), but no one is going to leave Parx to play 2-4 elsewhere if the river bet is $6.
beetman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2011, 07:40 AM   #6016
PASANDSMAN
adept
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Posts: 716
Re: Parx Casino (Bensalem, PA) -- FAQ updated 2011.09.08

My previous post was a joke just making these comments after previous poster said within ten minutes someone will complain about these topics. I do not care about any of the three items, it was just written in response to the one poster who was angry about another member complaining. I like parx overall, my only honest complaint is the soft playing regs in the O/E game.
PASANDSMAN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2011, 09:11 AM   #6017
RDonovan
grinder
 
RDonovan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Posts: 546
Re: Parx Casino (Bensalem, PA) -- FAQ updated 2011.09.08

Quote:
Originally Posted by PASANDSMAN View Post
Is it just me or does the parking lot suck at this place? I am scared to drive my beemer there in fear of doing damage to it. Also, the bar is so smokey you can not see right and do not get me going on the bathrooms. Just my thoughts.
This must be a level, if you really drove one you would have to know it's spelled Bimmer.... And we must be going back in time if we are complaining about the parking lot, that was last years rant
RDonovan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2011, 09:23 AM   #6018
dire wolf
journeyman
 
dire wolf's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Location: Ramsey, NJ
Posts: 262
Re: Parx Casino (Bensalem, PA) -- FAQ updated 2011.09.08

Went to Parx yesterday to play O/E. Great time at the $6-$12 and then the $15-$30. Once the $15-$30 broke went back to $6-$12. Loved both games. Even got very lucky in stud 8 when I misread my cards. Thought I hit my flush on the river. I had 4 spades. 3 little up and a big one in the hole. I bet into a guy who had a pair of queens on the board because I thought I made the flush. He clearly put me on the low. Instead I paired my King.No flush but good enough to scoop!
Sometimes it is better to be lucky then good. I don't usually make those kinds of mistakes
dire wolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2011, 09:24 AM   #6019
IFSATG
adept
 
IFSATG's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Location: Searchn4Lite NtheDarknessOfInsanity
Posts: 714
Re: Parx Casino (Bensalem, PA) -- FAQ updated 2011.09.08

Rake too high?
Drinks not free?
Comps suck?
Yadda-Yadda-Yadda?


Ever notice the parking lot? Not the potholes, nor the annoyingly long walk (that is going to suck, once again - when it is 15 degrees with wind/rain/snow) - but, rather the row after row after row after row after row, of parked cars?

The place is a hit. Packed. Full. Most of the time.

Please tell me what incentive the management (not the poker room management - but, the "suits" that make the REAL business decisions) has to make any changes, that will reduce their revenue?

They have no real local competition for either their casino or their poker room.

Until that changes, or greed becomes unfashionable...
IFSATG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2011, 10:08 AM   #6020
JasonB85
grinder
 
JasonB85's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: Philadelphia
Posts: 665
Re: Parx Casino (Bensalem, PA) -- FAQ updated 2011.09.08

Quote:
Originally Posted by PASANDSMAN View Post
My previous post was a joke just making these comments after previous poster said within ten minutes someone will complain about these topics. I do not care about any of the three items, it was just written in response to the one poster who was angry about another member complaining. I like parx overall, my only honest complaint is the soft playing regs in the O/E game.
Some people don't get that the internet is replete with sarcasm and he obviously wasn't paying attention to the thread previously. That being said

I like Parx a lot, it has a great room, floor is pretty competent. But I would like the 2/5 game to be a rake game. But I have started to play at Chester now that I live in Northern Liberties. The play at Parx is way better talent wise. Chester plays like 2004 poker.
JasonB85 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2011, 10:27 AM   #6021
godsgift
centurion
 
godsgift's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2010
Location: OCCUPY BENSALEM
Posts: 140
Re: Parx Casino (Bensalem, PA) -- FAQ updated 2011.09.08

Quote:
Originally Posted by zrap View Post
Hey, maybe they will do something about it one day? They do read this thread. Can't speak for other games but the 2/5 games are getting worse, less players, less action. I know of a few who have totally switched to Harrahs chester recently. Many of the Borgata players who used to come to Parx a few days a week never come anymore. I've never even been to Harrahs chester but plan on going sometime this week to check it out. I'm not really even one to try new things, I go with what works, hence never trying Chester despite living less then 30 minutes away. Parx in making me try them as far as I'm concerned. My hopes aren't very high since I've never fancied any Harrahs run room in Vegas or AC but I'll give them a shot.

BriMc, When rake was discussed before were you one of the guys to use the "they give it back in freerolls" explanation. I really don't know if you were, but if so, what do you feel about them not having them anymore?
These problems may seem redundant and nothing new but you know what else is redundant and nothing new..... having a new player to parx order a redbull. Having the waitress embarassingly tell them it cost $5, then also embarassingly try to explain to them that it is Playboy instead of Redbull and of course nobody knows wtf playboy is. Then have the table all talk about what a ripoff they are when it comes to drinks.
There is rumored to be a freeroll for November play coming in December. Where did you get your info that freerolls are no more?
godsgift is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2011, 10:47 AM   #6022
RomeWashington
centurion
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Location: NYC Metro Area
Posts: 146
Re: Parx Casino (Bensalem, PA) -- FAQ updated 2011.09.08

Does Parx offer tournaments?
RomeWashington is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2011, 10:59 AM   #6023
aweYin
newbie
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Posts: 27
Re: Parx Casino (Bensalem, PA) -- FAQ updated 2011.09.08

Quote:
Originally Posted by zrap View Post
1) THE RAKE .. $5 max is bad to begin with, but $1 at every $10 is just brutal. Every time there is a preflop raise, one caller continuation bet and fold Parx is raking $5 on a $50 pot. It is just brutal. By contrast at the Venetian that same pot is raked at $3 I believe.

The Parx defenders in the past have chimed in with the "but they give some back with freerolls" defense, but looky here... the last freeroll was for July's play. So now it is August , September, and now October with extremely high rake and no give back at all.

2) THE DRINK PRICES Every ****ing day I have to here casual players complain and be amazing at the price Parx charges for drinks. $7 for a mixed drink that is nothing special. $6 for a bottle of beer. These prices are insulting and a slap in the face to every customer who orders one, major price gouging. No respect for customers in the least.

3) COMPS STILL SUCK
Same ****ty comps now even less to use them on, since no take out at the already way overpriced noodle bar, and I don't think Chickies is delivered.



Parx is a well run room with great games, great staff, very nice room, etc. But it's almost like they are being friendly to your face then ****ing your girl behind your back but reaming everyone with their greediness.

It's working for them now with no competition for local players, but if and when there was I'll personally remember the current gouging going on even if they then improve in these areas to match the competition.
The comps suck, and so does the system. Also, the urinals in the bathroom stink like piss. I'm sure they could afford to put those deodorizers in there.
aweYin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2011, 11:05 AM   #6024
BriMc
old hand
 
Join Date: Oct 2005
Location: Seat Change Button Please Dealer!
Posts: 1,467
Re: Parx Casino (Bensalem, PA) -- FAQ updated 2011.09.08

Quote:
Originally Posted by zrap View Post
Hey, maybe they will do something about it one day? They do read this thread. Can't speak for other games but the 2/5 games are getting worse, less players, less action. I know of a few who have totally switched to Harrahs chester recently. Many of the Borgata players who used to come to Parx a few days a week never come anymore. I've never even been to Harrahs chester but plan on going sometime this week to check it out. I'm not really even one to try new things, I go with what works, hence never trying Chester despite living less then 30 minutes away. Parx in making me try them as far as I'm concerned. My hopes aren't very high since I've never fancied any Harrahs run room in Vegas or AC but I'll give them a shot.

BriMc, When rake was discussed before were you one of the guys to use the "they give it back in freerolls" explanation. I really don't know if you were, but if so, what do you feel about them not having them anymore?

These problems may seem redundant and nothing new but you know what else is redundant and nothing new..... having a new player to parx order a redbull. Having the waitress embarassingly tell them it cost $5, then also embarassingly try to explain to them that it is Playboy instead of Redbull and of course nobody knows wtf playboy is. Then have the table all talk about what a ripoff they are when it comes to drinks.


Dude, they do something about it every day, they smile at the successful room they've built and think of ways to grow it bigger. No one that reads this message board has the ability to change any of the things you are asking for, if they did, they would. All you do by rehashing this stuff is bore the crap out of everyone and make them want to troll you.

I go to parx cause its closer than the Borgata and the action is comparable, I suspect the vast majority of the players at Parx make the same calculation. I don't really care about the marginally higher rake, or the comps or the drinks or any other BS cause the games are very good. I don't really see the same thing you are seeing, the 2/5 game is the same as it ever was, very very good. Maybe you just aren't very good at the pokerz (sorry, you're asking to get trolled so hard I just couldn't resist anymore, u mad?)
BriMc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2011, 11:33 AM   #6025
godsgift
centurion
 
godsgift's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2010
Location: OCCUPY BENSALEM
Posts: 140
Re: Parx Casino (Bensalem, PA) -- FAQ updated 2011.09.08

Quote:
Originally Posted by RomeWashington View Post
Does Parx offer tournaments?
Yes

http://www.parxcasino.com/pdf/poker-tournaments-oct.pdf
godsgift is offline   Reply With Quote

Reply
      

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off


Forum Jump


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 08:52 AM.


Powered by vBulletin®
Copyright ©2000 - 2021, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Copyright © 2008-2020, Two Plus Two Interactive