Two Plus Two Publishing LLC Two Plus Two Publishing LLC
 

Go Back   Two Plus Two Poker Forums > >

Venues & Communities Discussion of live, legal poker venues, and discussion among players in live poker "neighborhoods."

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-08-2011, 01:26 PM   #5501
waar
journeyman
 
waar's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Location: Philadelphia
Posts: 375
Re: PARX Poker Thread -- FAQ updated 2011.06.21

Pretty much bull**** that you can't get takeout Noodle Bar with comps now
waar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2011, 02:39 PM   #5502
cmurl904
adept
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Location: NJ
Posts: 977
Re: PARX Poker Thread -- FAQ updated 2011.06.21

Quote:
Originally Posted by jcs317 View Post
So I'm planning on making it down there in 2 weeks. I hope to play in the The OE game. As far as the 7 card 8 or better - is it kinda passive or does it get aggressive?
Just played the OE game this past Friday (I usually play about once a month).
I think the O8 round is more 'aggressive' than the stud 8 round, maybe becasue of the half kill ? Anyway, in the stud 8 round there's a lot of $2 limping on 3rd street, I wouldn't say it's aggressive at all.
cmurl904 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2011, 02:57 PM   #5503
kingcod
veteran
 
kingcod's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2011
Location: running bad
Posts: 2,095
Re: PARX Poker Thread -- FAQ updated 2011.06.21

Quote:
Originally Posted by cmurl904 View Post
Just played the OE game this past Friday (I usually play about once a month).
I think the O8 round is more 'aggressive' than the stud 8 round, maybe becasue of the half kill ? Anyway, in the stud 8 round there's a lot of $2 limping on 3rd street, I wouldn't say it's aggressive at all.
most of the players have no real idea how to play the stud round so you get a lot of timid play.
kingcod is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2011, 03:40 PM   #5504
BigBlue56
veteran
 
BigBlue56's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2009
Location: The Garden State
Posts: 2,825
Re: PARX Poker Thread -- FAQ updated 2011.06.21

Just got back. Thought I'd head over, play a few hours and relax. Forgot it was freeroll day. Place was jammed. I thought they did a nice job handling the mass numbers (400+ I think).

I put my name on the list for a few games when I arrived, but they weren't calling many names, or opening new tables until the freeroll started. Makes sense. Hit the bar and grabbed a bite before sitting at a new $1-2NL table (OE wasn't going to start).

Luckboxed my way into a few nice pots and headed out for a cigar and lunch. Saw that the OE game started when I was on the way out, running 2 tables now (and $30-60 HOE).

Maybe give the tues night tourney a run tomorrow?

Was nice to briefly meet Ari, shake his hand and do a quick intro, then off to the tables.
BigBlue56 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2011, 07:39 PM   #5505
Death Valley
Pooh-Bah
 
Death Valley's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2002
Location: Staten Island
Posts: 5,036
Re: PARX Poker Thread -- FAQ updated 2011.06.21

Quote:
Originally Posted by waar View Post
Pretty much bull**** that you can't get takeout Noodle Bar with comps now
Lol, just what parx needed, less food options.


It's amazing how bad people play at the freerolls considering you can only play if you have 100+ hours experience


Crazy not to have a toke box for the freeroll. If parx doesn't put out a dealer toke box during the open I can see a lot of dealers quitting.
Death Valley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2011, 11:32 PM   #5506
whoisme
banned
 
Join Date: May 2011
Posts: 156
Re: PARX Poker Thread -- FAQ updated 2011.06.21

do anyone use the asian bus to go to parx? if you arrive at 930am do you have to leave at 2pm or any time the bus is departing? http://www.parxcasino.com/pdf/parx-bus-schedule.pdf
whoisme is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2011, 11:57 PM   #5507
TheDarkElf
veteran
 
Join Date: Nov 2010
Location: Queens, NY
Posts: 2,667
Re: PARX Poker Thread -- FAQ updated 2011.06.21

Quote:
Originally Posted by whoisme View Post
do anyone use the asian bus to go to parx? if you arrive at 930am do you have to leave at 2pm or any time the bus is departing? http://www.parxcasino.com/pdf/parx-bus-schedule.pdf
Typically, the Asian buses to casinos operate on a "semi-open" return. Your seat is only guaranteed on one specific bus, which departs between 5 and 6 hours after the scheduled arrival time. If you want to go back on a different bus, you are stand by which means you get a seat only if one is available, first come first served.

I have taken this bus 3 times from Chinatown, NY, all @ 1 PM on weekdays, and it has always been 1/2 empty going and coming, but I can't say what goes on later on. I have "traveled standby" from Mohegan Sun, CT and Caesars in AC on multiple occasions and have never had a problem. But I have seen a little "craziness" and heard some frightening stories about standby bus travel.
TheDarkElf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2011, 12:17 AM   #5508
Paul Valente
banned
 
Paul Valente's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: Villain
Posts: 4,925
Re: PARX Poker Thread -- FAQ updated 2011.06.21

Quote:
Originally Posted by waar View Post
Pretty much bull**** that you can't get takeout Noodle Bar with comps now
+1 the new menu is pretty good though
Paul Valente is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2011, 12:54 AM   #5509
Shagadelic
adept
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Location: NYC
Posts: 874
Re: PARX Poker Thread -- FAQ updated 2011.06.21

Ok.

Stupid question guys (coming from a New Yorker here)

How easy is it too street hail a cab in Bensalem? Say around the Parx area, and other areas of town?

If I amtracked it to I think Cornwells Heights would it be relatively easy to get to Parx? And how is that surrounding area? Suburb? City?
Shagadelic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2011, 01:08 AM   #5510
waar
journeyman
 
waar's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Location: Philadelphia
Posts: 375
Re: PARX Poker Thread -- FAQ updated 2011.06.21

It's all suburb
waar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2011, 01:25 AM   #5511
kingcod
veteran
 
kingcod's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2011
Location: running bad
Posts: 2,095
Re: PARX Poker Thread -- FAQ updated 2011.06.21

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shagadelic View Post
Ok.

Stupid question guys (coming from a New Yorker here)

How easy is it too street hail a cab in Bensalem? Say around the Parx area, and other areas of town?

If I amtracked it to I think Cornwells Heights would it be relatively easy to get to Parx? And how is that surrounding area? Suburb? City?
you can not street hail a cab anywhere here. You need to call the cab company and have one sent to you.

you would have to call a cab from the train station. Burbs
kingcod is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2011, 02:21 AM   #5512
TheDarkElf
veteran
 
Join Date: Nov 2010
Location: Queens, NY
Posts: 2,667
Re: PARX Poker Thread -- FAQ updated 2011.06.21

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shagadelic View Post
Ok.

Stupid question guys (coming from a New Yorker here)

How easy is it too street hail a cab in Bensalem? Say around the Parx area, and other areas of town?

If I amtracked it to I think Cornwells Heights would it be relatively easy to get to Parx? And how is that surrounding area? Suburb? City?
I think you could switch to a SEPTA train at Trenton, and get off at Eddington Station, which is on Street Road (same as Parx). Might be a shorter cab ride from there, or you might even find a local bus (certain SEPTA or Rush busses stop @ Parx). (It's NOT close enough to walk, especially in this heat.)
TheDarkElf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2011, 03:01 AM   #5513
dinesh
Pooh-Bah
 
dinesh's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Posts: 3,872
Re: PARX Poker Thread -- FAQ updated 2011.06.21

New $10 chips are now in play. I had heard they were peach, but to me they looked like slightly-day-glow-orange and black. Call them pumpkins.

New noodle bar rule is atrocious. If you don't want to eat in, you have to have the floor call in your order, and have one of the room runners go pick it up for you. I fail to understand the thinking behind this. If I have to go this route, I'm ordering from Chickie & Petes instead.
dinesh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2011, 07:53 AM   #5514
ashinynickel
veteran
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 2,608
Quote:
Originally Posted by dinesh View Post
New $10 chips are now in play. I had heard they were peach, but to me they looked like slightly-day-glow-orange and black. Call them pumpkins.

New noodle bar rule is atrocious. If you don't want to eat in, you have to have the floor call in your order, and have one of the room runners go pick it up for you. I fail to understand the thinking behind this. If I have to go this route, I'm ordering from Chickie & Petes instead.
So why exactly is the 5-10 game now 10-10? Ari? What's the point of it? Did the regs choose to change it to make the game play slightly bigger?
ashinynickel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2011, 08:05 AM   #5515
jmurjeff
veteran
 
Join Date: Apr 2011
Location: United States
Posts: 3,350
Re: PARX Poker Thread -- FAQ updated 2011.06.21

Quote:
Originally Posted by Paul Valente View Post
+1 the new menu is pretty good though
Did they get rid of the option for extra shrimp dumplings for $4? I don't see it on the menu.
jmurjeff is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2011, 11:09 AM   #5516
Ari
Poker Room Rep
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Location: Parx
Posts: 190
Re: PARX Poker Thread -- FAQ updated 2011.06.21

Quote:
Originally Posted by ashinynickel View Post
So why exactly is the 5-10 game now 10-10? Ari? What's the point of it? Did the regs choose to change it to make the game play slightly bigger?
The regs asked to change it, we now have $10 chips and thought it would be a good idea. Its probably better for the game in.
Ari is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2011, 11:30 AM   #5517
pokerished
adept
 
Join Date: May 2010
Posts: 822
Re: PARX Poker Thread -- FAQ updated 2011.06.21

I saw this twitter post - does it mean no satellites for ME ?

"Still waiting for approval from PGCB. At this point I don't think it looks too good. As soon as we know, we will post."
pokerished is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2011, 11:32 AM   #5518
Gmble09
enthusiast
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
Posts: 88
Wink Re: PARX Poker Thread -- FAQ updated 2011.06.21

Tonights $120 tourney is cancelled. See everyone tomorrow!
Gmble09 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2011, 12:46 PM   #5519
Mahizzle
newbie
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Posts: 16
Re: PARX Poker Thread -- FAQ updated 2011.06.21

can anyone else confirm that the $120 is cancelled tonight?
Mahizzle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2011, 12:50 PM   #5520
phenom.36
grinder
 
phenom.36's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Location: The Moment
Posts: 427
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mahizzle View Post
can anyone else confirm that the $120 is cancelled tonight?
Confirmed on the parxpokerroom twitter account
phenom.36 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2011, 12:56 PM   #5521
spacecakezzz
old hand
 
spacecakezzz's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Posts: 1,932
Re: PARX Poker Thread -- FAQ updated 2011.06.21

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ari View Post
The regs asked to change it, we now have $10 chips and thought it would be a good idea. Its probably better for the game in.
It's not at all better for the game imo

the game is too big for $2/5 players to jump up and take a shot...if you make that game play smaller you'll have 4 5/10 games going. What about making the max buyin like $1,500 and keeping it 5/10 and trying to add a 10/20 game with a $5,000 max or something.

i can't get why those guys want to play 5/10 with those enormous stacks...them asking for 10/10 is proof of that.

this would work especially well if you lowered max buyin on the 2/5 games to $500...all those guys that want to sit with $1,000 will just go sit at 5/10 if the game doesn't play so big

this is just my opinion...i'm sure you've put a ton of thought into it
spacecakezzz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2011, 01:24 PM   #5522
phenom.36
grinder
 
phenom.36's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Location: The Moment
Posts: 427
Re: PARX Poker Thread -- FAQ updated 2011.06.21

Comps question: I have $20 worth of comps earned. I go to the desk and ask them to load or activate or whatever $10 to use. I go downstairs and spend $8 at the Paddock Grill. Does the remaining $2 expire completely, or will I have $12 remaining after the 48 hours?
phenom.36 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2011, 01:32 PM   #5523
whoisme
banned
 
Join Date: May 2011
Posts: 156
Re: PARX Poker Thread -- FAQ updated 2011.06.21

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheDarkElf View Post
Typically, the Asian buses to casinos operate on a "semi-open" return. Your seat is only guaranteed on one specific bus, which departs between 5 and 6 hours after the scheduled arrival time. If you want to go back on a different bus, you are stand by which means you get a seat only if one is available, first come first served.

I have taken this bus 3 times from Chinatown, NY, all @ 1 PM on weekdays, and it has always been 1/2 empty going and coming, but I can't say what goes on later on. I have "traveled standby" from Mohegan Sun, CT and Caesars in AC on multiple occasions and have never had a problem. But I have seen a little "craziness" and heard some frightening stories about standby bus travel.
what is the cost and offers? i also dont have a parx card if that changes anything and if i show them my harrahs diamond card or borgata black card do i get any offers?
whoisme is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2011, 01:34 PM   #5524
waar
journeyman
 
waar's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Location: Philadelphia
Posts: 375
Re: PARX Poker Thread -- FAQ updated 2011.06.21

It expires unless you go back and have the floor transfer the $2 back to your account
waar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2011, 02:58 PM   #5525
waar
journeyman
 
waar's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Location: Philadelphia
Posts: 375
Re: PARX Poker Thread -- FAQ updated 2011.06.21

Can we stop doing card washes on request? Two plusses, it will piss off annoying nits and will save a little bit of time. Bu mostly to piss off nits
waar is offline   Reply With Quote

Reply
      

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off


Forum Jump


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 06:32 AM.


Powered by vBulletin®
Copyright ©2000 - 2021, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Copyright © 2008-2020, Two Plus Two Interactive