Two Plus Two Publishing LLC Two Plus Two Publishing LLC
 

Go Back   Two Plus Two Poker Forums > >

Venues & Communities Discussion of live, legal poker venues, and discussion among players in live poker "neighborhoods."

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-10-2011, 08:08 PM   #5201
Death Valley
Pooh-Bah
 
Death Valley's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2002
Location: Staten Island
Posts: 5,036
Re: PARX Poker Thread -- FAQ updated 2011.06.21

225 Tuesday, 100 sat
Death Valley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2011, 08:43 PM   #5202
dabunker1
grinder
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Location: philly area
Posts: 442
Re: PARX Poker Thread -- FAQ updated 2011.06.21

can any of the tourney players here comment on the ''end'' of the tournaments? ive seen some posts that suggest they strike deals often. is that true and what is it based on....position by chips? # of players? maybe time constraints? ty
dabunker1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2011, 08:46 PM   #5203
PALLADIN
journeyman
 
Join Date: Feb 2006
Posts: 277
Re: PARX Poker Thread -- FAQ updated 2011.06.21

To add more gasoline to the fire, good and bad players will short or min stack in any game with buyin limitations. Accept it.

BTW if it is a new game, the debate will always continue if a Max is used. Max buyin usually makes the player feel he is in an advantageous situation.

But, if you enter a game that has been ongoing for a while, you are always going to face a disadvantage, the max buyin at 2/5 is 500 or 1,000. Someone will always have a stack > than the max buyin. At that point don't you feel you're at a disadvantage? Wouldn't it be fair to allow the incoming player to buyin to the level of the highest stack on the table?

Of course this doesn't happen at the higher levels that have uncapped buyins. Risk what you want. To recant a Doyleism, "I want to buyin for MORE than the biggest stack on the table." No debate there except for personal preference.
PALLADIN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2011, 08:48 PM   #5204
PALLADIN
journeyman
 
Join Date: Feb 2006
Posts: 277
Re: PARX Poker Thread -- FAQ updated 2011.06.21

This past Tuesday was reported it went to conclusion.

Total runners in the 280 range.

Increasing every week.
PALLADIN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2011, 12:29 AM   #5205
DucksFullofCrabs
journeyman
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Location: New Jeruz
Posts: 254
Re: PARX Poker Thread -- FAQ updated 2011.06.21

Quote:
Originally Posted by dabunker1 View Post
can any of the tourney players here comment on the ''end'' of the tournaments? ive seen some posts that suggest they strike deals often. is that true and what is it based on....position by chips? # of players? maybe time constraints? ty
Oh you mean like the 17 way even chop last month?
DucksFullofCrabs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2011, 01:24 AM   #5206
dabunker1
grinder
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Location: philly area
Posts: 442
Re: PARX Poker Thread -- FAQ updated 2011.06.21

Quote:
Originally Posted by PALLADIN View Post
This past Tuesday was reported it went to conclusion.

Total runners in the 280 range.

Increasing every week.
i can see the tues. chop but i would hope the saturday would conclude with a winner. aside from the obvious nice bink with a win does parx offer any little comp or anything with a top finish? ive never heard it mentioned on this forum but i have read a couple posts for other B&M's doing so. not including bracelets, rings and the like for big tournaments. Maybe a donkament prize?
dabunker1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2011, 01:25 AM   #5207
dabunker1
grinder
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Location: philly area
Posts: 442
Re: PARX Poker Thread -- FAQ updated 2011.06.21

maybe a free 7oz. pony bottle of bud or somethin. that sounds like a legit donkament top prize. money aside
dabunker1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2011, 04:26 AM   #5208
hookedupmonte
newbie
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
Posts: 30
Re: PARX Poker Thread -- FAQ updated 2011.06.21

Dont know if it has been mentioned or not, wasnt gonna read the whole thread. But the rule for a busted player sucks. I understand waiting for a chip runner, but not allowing the player to play behind waiting for the chips.
Guy to my right utg busts, dealer calls chip runner guy has the 100 bill sitting out past the line,and mutters something to the effect of posting his bb. Dealer never mentions he has to wait. Deals the cards out im UTG as i thought i muck, utg+1 calls,utg+2 goes to muck then dealer notifies me that im the BB and i owe 2$. $2 no big deal i toss it in, but let the dealer know he should inform the blinds before cards are dealt out.( Usually always have blind up but was unaware of the no chips/no cards rule.) So thought i was UTG. And busted player who at this table had back to table chip runner gets there gets quite upset he wasnt allowed to be dealt in.
Just used to AC where you can buy chips at the table when you bust or want to add-on to your stack. Maybe Parx should allow 100$ rebuy loan til chip runners bring chips. put 100$bill in dealers rack then dealer buys the 100 from chip runner. Rant over. Other then that great room, dealers seem very good and keep games under control.
hookedupmonte is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2011, 09:13 AM   #5209
RDonovan
grinder
 
RDonovan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Posts: 546
Re: PARX Poker Thread -- FAQ updated 2011.06.21

Quote:
Originally Posted by hookedupmonte View Post
Dont know if it has been mentioned or not, wasnt gonna read the whole thread. But the rule for a busted player sucks. I understand waiting for a chip runner, but not allowing the player to play behind waiting for the chips.
Guy to my right utg busts, dealer calls chip runner guy has the 100 bill sitting out past the line,and mutters something to the effect of posting his bb. Dealer never mentions he has to wait. Deals the cards out im UTG as i thought i muck, utg+1 calls,utg+2 goes to muck then dealer notifies me that im the BB and i owe 2$. $2 no big deal i toss it in, but let the dealer know he should inform the blinds before cards are dealt out.( Usually always have blind up but was unaware of the no chips/no cards rule.) So thought i was UTG. And busted player who at this table had back to table chip runner gets there gets quite upset he wasnt allowed to be dealt in.
Just used to AC where you can buy chips at the table when you bust or want to add-on to your stack. Maybe Parx should allow 100$ rebuy loan til chip runners bring chips. put 100$bill in dealers rack then dealer buys the 100 from chip runner. Rant over. Other then that great room, dealers seem very good and keep games under control.
This complaint has already been discussed .... keep a few blacks or greens in your pocket and stop whining, god forbid you miss one hand.
RDonovan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2011, 11:11 AM   #5210
AdamLee
enthusiast
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Posts: 70
Re: PARX Poker Thread -- FAQ updated 2011.06.21

I was there on saturday. Love the room and staff, Dealers came along way, no problems there. Watched 6 people come to the table spew and leave. Rather than shuffle the chips I spent my time trying to see how many I could get to stick together at once. I got up to five. BTW the bathrooms were clean, just stanky at the urinal. Urinal mints is all they need to fix that.
AdamLee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2011, 12:12 PM   #5211
hookedupmonte
newbie
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
Posts: 30
Re: PARX Poker Thread -- FAQ updated 2011.06.21

Quote:
Originally Posted by RDonovan View Post
This complaint has already been discussed .... keep a few blacks or greens in your pocket and stop whining, god forbid you miss one hand.
i did have 200 in green in my pocket, ended up selling them to other people who busted when i was up a few hundred, and wasnt gonna add on or rebuy. I always buy 500 at the window, buy in for 300 max, and 200 in pocket even in AC. Was just stating opion that it kills the game not allowing people to rebuy at the table.Makes it much worse when they are a blind and it screws up the blinds/button, and the dealer doesnt inform the players properly whats going on.That the player has to wait til he gets chips.Might buy a few extra hundred next time, and sell it when players bust. To many times see a fish bust and then after a few mins of waiting for chip runner they just get up and leave. -ev when fish gets discouraged waiting and leaves.
hookedupmonte is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2011, 12:43 PM   #5212
PALLADIN
journeyman
 
Join Date: Feb 2006
Posts: 277
Re: PARX Poker Thread -- FAQ updated 2011.06.21

Pennsylvania rule. Not going to change soon.
PALLADIN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2011, 12:46 PM   #5213
[x] swanny
formerly Nepa
 
Join Date: Oct 2002
Location: Stuck @home
Posts: 2,151
Quote:
Originally Posted by PALLADIN View Post
Pennsylvania rule. Not going to change soon.

What's a PA rule?
[x] swanny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2011, 12:53 PM   #5214
dinesh
Pooh-Bah
 
dinesh's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Posts: 3,871
Re: PARX Poker Thread -- FAQ updated 2011.06.21

I don't believe it's a PA rule.

It's a Parx rule, and it's a good one. First, the Parx trays aren't that big and don't hold a lot of money - just enough to manage rake for a down or two. Second, dealers don't need to stop and sell chips from their trays every few hands. Third, because the trays can be kept stocked with small denom chips and none of those chips get changed for cash, both these things combine to make fills happen much less frequently than in a room that sells chips.

It would be nice if cash played, at least temporarily (allowing other players to sell a stack or two of working chips to a player while they wait for the chip runner), but as mentioned, if someone at the table just keeps a couple of black chips in a pocket, you can be "the banker" for the whole table and keep the game running quickly for everyone.
dinesh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2011, 01:12 PM   #5215
BriMc
old hand
 
Join Date: Oct 2005
Location: Seat Change Button Please Dealer!
Posts: 1,467
Re: PARX Poker Thread -- FAQ updated 2011.06.21

Quote:
Originally Posted by hookedupmonte View Post
i did have 200 in green in my pocket, ended up selling them to other people who busted when i was up a few hundred, and wasnt gonna add on or rebuy. I always buy 500 at the window, buy in for 300 max, and 200 in pocket even in AC. Was just stating opion that it kills the game not allowing people to rebuy at the table.Makes it much worse when they are a blind and it screws up the blinds/button, and the dealer doesnt inform the players properly whats going on.That the player has to wait til he gets chips.Might buy a few extra hundred next time, and sell it when players bust. To many times see a fish bust and then after a few mins of waiting for chip runner they just get up and leave. -ev when fish gets discouraged waiting and leaves.
I do the same thing, just take their money, sell them chips so they don't leave or miss a hand, then when the chip runner comes over give them the money and get more chips to put back in your pocket. Problem solved.

I do end up tipping the chip runner more than I would otherwise, but its a tiny price to pay for the game running well and everyone having chips to gambooo!
BriMc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2011, 02:23 PM   #5216
acdawg712
veteran
 
acdawg712's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2005
Location: Dust
Posts: 2,165
Re: PARX Poker Thread -- FAQ updated 2011.06.21

How about letting players play behind? Delaware Park, as does most of Vegas, does not sell chips from the rack either. A player can temporarily lend the player money and receive the chips when they actually get there or they can just play behind and pay whatever amount they owe when the chips get there. Initially, I would give a player my rebuy and he would just place the bills on top of his stack and take the chips when they get there. Usually, it was a player with a lot of chips so the cash would never be at risk.
acdawg712 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2011, 08:23 PM   #5217
ashinynickel
veteran
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 2,608
Re: PARX Poker Thread -- FAQ updated 2011.06.21

Question for all the regs:

This just happened to me. I was in seat 5 in the BB at a 2/5 table and a dealer deals seat two his first card which flashed to me as a seven of clubs. Dealer was quick and everyone got both cards and seat two asks the table if anyone saw his first card flash. Everyone said no and I said yes, "black seven or so." He says nope and tosses in 6d. I say "that wasn't your card" and he accused me of seeing it wrong. Do you argue this ever with the floor? I'm not gonna call cameras but if he raises and I have a playable hand I don't wanna call a raise to I might do something about it because I'm positive he switched it. He is an aggressive player who opens a lot and 3bets. He was freerolling for a better hand.
ashinynickel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2011, 08:34 PM   #5218
spacecakezzz
old hand
 
spacecakezzz's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Posts: 1,932
Re: PARX Poker Thread -- FAQ updated 2011.06.21

Quote:
Originally Posted by ashinynickel View Post
Question for all the regs:

This just happened to me. I was in seat 5 in the BB at a 2/5 table and a dealer deals seat two his first card which flashed to me as a seven of clubs. Dealer was quick and everyone got both cards and seat two asks the table if anyone saw his first card flash. Everyone said no and I said yes, "black seven or so." He says nope and tosses in 6d. I say "that wasn't your card" and he accused me of seeing it wrong. Do you argue this ever with the floor? I'm not gonna call cameras but if he raises and I have a playable hand I don't wanna call a raise to I might do something about it because I'm positive he switched it. He is an aggressive player who opens a lot and 3bets. He was freerolling for a better hand.
U said what u said. He did what he did. Now u know one of his cards (if ur right) I would try really hard to get in a pot with him heads up with any two cards.

Worrying about the integrity of the game In these trivial spots isn't worth the time wasted imo
spacecakezzz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2011, 09:10 PM   #5219
ashinynickel
veteran
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 2,608
Re: PARX Poker Thread -- FAQ updated 2011.06.21

Ari,

Here is one way you can make more money at every table:

-Expand the dealer's chip racks

Parx has the smalles dealer chip racks of nearly any casino I've seen. If you have bigger racks there will be less fills needed per day. These really slow the games down and cause players to take simultaneous bathroom breaks etc which leads to reduced rake in addition to the extra hand or so you could get per hour if you had bigger racks.

Just my two cents. Everyone wins if you guys do this.
ashinynickel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2011, 11:30 PM   #5220
TheUpAndUp
centurion
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Location: Jersey
Posts: 148
Re: PARX Poker Thread -- FAQ updated 2011.06.21

The 6-12 OE game was definitely fun great to see two games going on Sunday.
TheUpAndUp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2011, 03:18 AM   #5221
zrap
adept
 
zrap's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Posts: 836
Re: PARX Poker Thread -- FAQ updated 2011.06.21

Quote:
Originally Posted by ashinynickel View Post
Ari,

Here is one way you can make more money at every table:

-Expand the dealer's chip racks

Parx has the smalles dealer chip racks of nearly any casino I've seen. If you have bigger racks there will be less fills needed per day. These really slow the games down and cause players to take simultaneous bathroom breaks etc which leads to reduced rake in addition to the extra hand or so you could get per hour if you had bigger racks.

Just my two cents. Everyone wins if you guys do this.
Don't see this as a problem at Parx. The fills always seem super fast to me and I never really see anyone get up for that reason. Now Atlantic City is a different story, their fills take a minumum of 3x longer then parx and player use it to take breaks.
zrap is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2011, 08:30 AM   #5222
emet
banned
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Posts: 589
Re: PARX Poker Thread -- FAQ updated 2011.06.21

Yea fills are super fast in my experience as well.

The one rule I wish Parx would change is out of turn action should be binding. I've seen scum bags shoot this angle three times in the past couple weeks at casual players who have no idea they are being angled, and the dealers don't say anything either.
emet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2011, 09:22 AM   #5223
waar
journeyman
 
waar's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Location: Philadelphia
Posts: 375
Re: PARX Poker Thread -- FAQ updated 2011.06.21

Some dealers multitask fills in the middle of hands which is nice if it can be pulled off (ie someone's tanking). I don't think it's worth the money to change the trays of every single table so the fills are done slightly less often.
waar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2011, 09:29 AM   #5224
ashinynickel
veteran
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 2,608
Re: PARX Poker Thread -- FAQ updated 2011.06.21

I mean even if it makes them $1 more per hour it is worth it. I play a high volume of poker which is still frustratingly low compared to online and I just look for every opportunity to make the games faster. I love that Parx doesn't let you buy chips at the table. Such a good rule.

Out of turn action is binding in like every other casino in the world
ashinynickel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2011, 09:50 AM   #5225
dinesh
Pooh-Bah
 
dinesh's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Posts: 3,871
Re: PARX Poker Thread -- FAQ updated 2011.06.21

I don't believe OOT action is at all binding at Parx (with or without any change of action). At least, I find this to be true at limit, in practice. I'm not 100% sure of the room rule, but I believe is it the same.

[edit] Hmm, I think I misread your statement. But for sure, not every casino in the world has OOT action always be binding.
dinesh is offline   Reply With Quote

Reply
      

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off


Forum Jump


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 03:38 AM.


Powered by vBulletin®
Copyright ©2000 - 2021, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Copyright © 2008-2020, Two Plus Two Interactive