Two Plus Two Publishing LLC Two Plus Two Publishing LLC
 

Go Back   Two Plus Two Poker Forums > >

Venues & Communities Discussion of live, legal poker venues, and discussion among players in live poker "neighborhoods."

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-04-2011, 07:14 PM   #5126
kingcod
veteran
 
kingcod's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2011
Location: running bad
Posts: 2,095
Re: PARX Poker Thread -- FAQ updated 2011.06.21

Quote:
Originally Posted by brokenmind View Post
Any chance parx could add a 2/4 limit game to the mix? Ty
this has been discussed...the consensus was no. Sorry
kingcod is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2011, 07:19 PM   #5127
JasonB85
grinder
 
JasonB85's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: Philadelphia
Posts: 665
Re: PARX Poker Thread -- FAQ updated 2011.06.21

Quote:
Originally Posted by brokenmind View Post
Any chance parx could add a 2/4 limit game to the mix? Ty
Sounds miserable. Why would someone subject themselves to this game?
JasonB85 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2011, 09:55 AM   #5128
Rapini
ragging
 
Rapini's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: DC
Posts: 13,099
Re: PARX Poker Thread -- FAQ updated 2011.06.21

FYI, I just moved some off-topic discussion to the B&M Forum low-content thread.
Rapini is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2011, 04:41 PM   #5129
zrap
adept
 
zrap's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Posts: 840
Re: PARX Poker Thread -- FAQ updated 2011.06.21

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stosh View Post
No 1/3, please.
Quote:
Originally Posted by spacecakezzz View Post
ok here is my suggestion for structures:

1/2
1/3
2/5
2/7
3/8
5/10
6/12
25/50

I second this suggestion. Looks awesome, though we could use a couple levels between the 6/12 and 25/50. That jump is just way to big.
zrap is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2011, 05:52 PM   #5130
phenom.36
grinder
 
phenom.36's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Location: The Moment
Posts: 427
Re: PARX Poker Thread -- FAQ updated 2011.06.21

Ari or anyone else, any plans for another freeroll after the August one? I'll be moving next month and be close enough to play a few times a week so I can finally accrue enough hours. Hope there's another one coming!
phenom.36 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2011, 08:59 PM   #5131
dabunker1
grinder
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Location: philly area
Posts: 442
Re: PARX Poker Thread -- FAQ updated 2011.06.21

Whats up everybody--decided to upgrade myself from lurker to 2+2er today officially. this forum is truly an awesome thing. i am new to parx room and to live play in general. i will undoubtedly be playing there often in the near future. while i can only hope 2-3 years of consistent online play(2nl-25nl) can prevent me from being a total fish live, lol anything helpful to know about this room in particular? quality, action, regs, fish level, alcohol.....etc. thanks. its appreciated
dabunker1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2011, 10:12 PM   #5132
phenom.36
grinder
 
phenom.36's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Location: The Moment
Posts: 427
Re: PARX Poker Thread -- FAQ updated 2011.06.21

Quote:
Originally Posted by dabunker1 View Post
Whats up everybody--decided to upgrade myself from lurker to 2+2er today officially. this forum is truly an awesome thing. i am new to parx room and to live play in general. i will undoubtedly be playing there often in the near future. while i can only hope 2-3 years of consistent online play(2nl-25nl) can prevent me from being a total fish live, lol anything helpful to know about this room in particular? quality, action, regs, fish level, alcohol.....etc. thanks. its appreciated
I've only played 1/2nl and 1/3plo so I can't speak to the higher stakes. Alcohol unfortunately isn't free but there are still people getting drunk enough to at least bleed and maybe spew chips. The wait list can get kind of long on Fri/Sat nights so I'd suggest calling in when you're like 20 minutes away for those times. Other than that I don't think you'll have too much trouble getting seated. For general tips on beating low-stakes live play, check out FlatTireSuited's thread in this forum, it should be on the first few pages. Basically, don't fancy and just valuetown your big hands.
phenom.36 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2011, 11:15 PM   #5133
dabunker1
grinder
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Location: philly area
Posts: 442
Re: PARX Poker Thread -- FAQ updated 2011.06.21

Thanks phenom. I was considering going for a session tom. as i have a day off work. I've been seeing these posts about the straddle being implemented in the room just recently and i cant say im familiar with it....as far as being involved at a table using it. While i ''think'' i understand the concept, is it mainly to bloat pots against bad players and alter position? I was impressed to see what appeared to be the room taking feedback from this forum and taking action. Im for it. Anything to keep/make the game more exciting. Obv. the fact that its optional is key
dabunker1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2011, 10:29 AM   #5134
Falker11
journeyman
 
Join Date: Aug 2004
Posts: 348
Re: PARX Poker Thread -- FAQ updated 2011.06.21

Don't forget people, 30/60 HOE today (and every Wednesday) around 2pm. We've gone strong for 2 months, game is regular.
Falker11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2011, 11:27 AM   #5135
bullseye180
centurion
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: New Jersey
Posts: 160
Re: PARX Poker Thread -- FAQ updated 2011.06.21

Quote:
Originally Posted by dabunker1 View Post
Thanks phenom. I was considering going for a session tom. as i have a day off work. I've been seeing these posts about the straddle being implemented in the room just recently and i cant say im familiar with it....as far as being involved at a table using it. While i ''think'' i understand the concept, is it mainly to bloat pots against bad players and alter position? I was impressed to see what appeared to be the room taking feedback from this forum and taking action. Im for it. Anything to keep/make the game more exciting. Obv. the fact that its optional is key
The straddle is no big deal at 1/2
Once the novelty wares off I think most knowledgeable people will realize what a - ev play it is.
Since most pre flop raises are 6 - 10X the bb its not really needed.
Yeah you get to act last pre so the 1 in 200 times you catch a real monster you may get action the others 199x your pitching the 4 into the pot.
Post flop your playing OOP to everyone except the blinds.
I found at 1/2 be selective raising limpers.Once they put 2 in the pot it's hard to fold them out.
Seen a raise to 24 with 3 limps all call the 24
bullseye180 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2011, 05:29 PM   #5136
blebhertz
centurion
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Posts: 112
Re: PARX Poker Thread -- FAQ updated 2011.06.21

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stosh View Post
Please stop with all the 1/3 NL non-sense. It would kill the 2/5 game.
I'm a 2/5 player myself. But why would 1/3 kill off the 2/5 game? All those 2/5 players won't dont like the 1000-max buyin can buyin for the 500-max @ the 1/3 game instead.
blebhertz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2011, 05:32 PM   #5137
spacecakezzz
old hand
 
spacecakezzz's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Posts: 1,932
Re: PARX Poker Thread -- FAQ updated 2011.06.21

Quote:
Originally Posted by blebhertz View Post
I'm a 2/5 player myself. But why would 1/3 kill off the 2/5 game? All those 2/5 players won't dont like the 1000-max buyin can buyin for the 500-max @ the 1/3 game instead.
mainly because all the 2/5 players that don't like the 1000-max buyin would buy in for $500 at the 1/3 game instead
spacecakezzz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2011, 05:38 PM   #5138
brokenmind
centurion
 
Join Date: Sep 2010
Posts: 166
Re: PARX Poker Thread -- FAQ updated 2011.06.21

Quote:
Originally Posted by spacecakezzz View Post
mainly because all the 2/5 players that don't like the 1000-max buyin would buy in for $500 at the 1/3 game instead
So what u are saying is that a majority of the 2/5 players would rather have a 50o max. Or at least enough do that would kill the 2/5 game, yet the vocal minority still refuse to let the max be changed to 500 to be the same as borgota, "save" the game, and make the leap to 2/5 easier and less intimidating for the 1/2 player?

Nice.

Bring on the 1/3 then!!!!!
brokenmind is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2011, 05:49 PM   #5139
spacecakezzz
old hand
 
spacecakezzz's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Posts: 1,932
Re: PARX Poker Thread -- FAQ updated 2011.06.21

what ****ing world are you in? vocal minority...i got news for u...anyone that doesn't own parx is the minority
spacecakezzz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2011, 06:16 PM   #5140
JONATHANM
banned
 
JONATHANM's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Location: 911 9ff turbo please
Posts: 636
Quote:
Originally Posted by spacecakezzz View Post
..anyone that doesn't own parx is the minority
Agreed

I have always thought 1/3 was silly. Has anyone thought of just making 1/2 a 500 max? I dont think thats too high of a max, considering the action/rebuys I've seen @ that level . I could be getting lucky w/ juicy tables, I do change until I find a nice one.
JONATHANM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2011, 06:30 PM   #5141
dabunker1
grinder
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Location: philly area
Posts: 442
Re: PARX Poker Thread -- FAQ updated 2011.06.21

yeh from what gather 1/2 is super loose and passive. while obv. there are plenty of knowledgeable and experienced players, theres also an array of first-timers/beginners and most importantly gambooolers. people love to see their flops i guess. Jack-trash suited and whatnot. prayin for monsters at a premium rate.
dabunker1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2011, 06:56 PM   #5142
SolidFish
journeyman
 
SolidFish's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2006
Posts: 328
Re: PARX Poker Thread -- FAQ updated 2011.06.21

So tilting to keep hearing about this 1/3nl 500 max. Seems like only the less experienced players who are also new to 2p2 want this limit as they do not understand why any competent 2/5 reg would be opposed of this.
SolidFish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2011, 07:06 PM   #5143
SolidFish
journeyman
 
SolidFish's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2006
Posts: 328
Re: PARX Poker Thread -- FAQ updated 2011.06.21

Quote:
Originally Posted by blebhertz View Post
I'm a 2/5 player myself. But why would 1/3 kill off the 2/5 game? All those 2/5 players that dont like the 1000-max buyin can buyin for 500 @ the 2/5 game as well.
FYP
SolidFish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2011, 07:14 PM   #5144
brokenmind
centurion
 
Join Date: Sep 2010
Posts: 166
Re: PARX Poker Thread -- FAQ updated 2011.06.21

So make the 2/5 500 max like most of us want. Most of the good ideas have been coming from the Chester so why not use one of the great ideas from the still greatest room on the east coast (the B of course)?

That way everyone is happy and there will be no 1/3

You whiners can't have everything
brokenmind is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2011, 07:42 PM   #5145
SolidFish
journeyman
 
SolidFish's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2006
Posts: 328
Re: PARX Poker Thread -- FAQ updated 2011.06.21

^I'll lay you 7.5:1 that will not happen. Who is "most of us"? Also, who is whining? It looks like youre the one that wants everything. You're asking for something that has already developed (a solid player pool in 2/5 1k max) to change. Do you know how many people who don't even know about 2p2 that would hate a 500 max bi in at 2/5?
SolidFish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2011, 08:39 PM   #5146
brokenmind
centurion
 
Join Date: Sep 2010
Posts: 166
Re: PARX Poker Thread -- FAQ updated 2011.06.21

Quote:
Originally Posted by SolidFish View Post
^I'll lay you 7.5:1 that will not happen. Who is "most of us"? Also, who is whining? It looks like youre the one that wants everything. You're asking for something that has already developed (a solid player pool in 2/5 1k max) to change. Do you know how many people who don't even know about 2p2 that would hate a 500 max bi in at 2/5?
If management is smart it will happen ..... eventually. And if a vote took place I'm sure 500 max would win.


How do I want everything? Lol all I want is 500 max either for 2/5 or start a 1/3 game or 1/2/4 with a 500 max / 400 max

Probably easier to keep the same games and FIX the max buy in of 2/5



Now- how about a BBJ? Ty
brokenmind is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2011, 08:54 PM   #5147
pipes
banned
 
Join Date: May 2004
Location: Borgata
Posts: 2,340
Re: PARX Poker Thread -- FAQ updated 2011.06.21

gize, BriMc brought this 1/3 idea back with him from the Aria....you can thank him..
pipes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2011, 08:56 PM   #5148
pipes
banned
 
Join Date: May 2004
Location: Borgata
Posts: 2,340
Re: PARX Poker Thread -- FAQ updated 2011.06.21

Quote:
Originally Posted by Falker11 View Post
Don't forget people, 30/60 HOE today (and every Wednesday) around 2pm. We've gone strong for 2 months, game is regular.
Is it normally full? What time does it go until?
pipes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2011, 09:22 PM   #5149
bnavata
newbie
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
Posts: 33
Re: PARX Poker Thread -- FAQ updated 2011.06.21

Quote:
Originally Posted by pipes View Post
Is it normally full? What time does it go until?
Main game is full. Must move is 4 handed
bnavata is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2011, 10:00 PM   #5150
spacecakezzz
old hand
 
spacecakezzz's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Posts: 1,932
Re: PARX Poker Thread -- FAQ updated 2011.06.21

Quote:
Originally Posted by brokenmind View Post
If management is smart it will happen ..... eventually. And if a vote took place I'm sure 500 max would win.


How do I want everything? Lol all I want is 500 max either for 2/5 or start a 1/3 game or 1/2/4 with a 500 max / 400 max

Probably easier to keep the same games and FIX the max buy in of 2/5



Now- how about a BBJ? Ty

do u think they randomly made it 1,000$ max? u don't think they had a vote or discussion? damn.

!@#$!@#%!#$%!#$^!@#$^!#$

i deleted what i said to save the mods time
spacecakezzz is offline   Reply With Quote

Reply
      

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off


Forum Jump


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 06:51 AM.


Powered by vBulletin®
Copyright ©2000 - 2021, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Copyright © 2008-2020, Two Plus Two Interactive