Two Plus Two Publishing LLC Two Plus Two Publishing LLC
 

Go Back   Two Plus Two Poker Forums > >

Venues & Communities Discussion of live, legal poker venues, and discussion among players in live poker "neighborhoods."

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-20-2011, 10:50 AM   #4876
Gmble09
enthusiast
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
Posts: 88
Re: PARX Poker Thread

Parx has a twitter account now. They've been giving out free comps & shirts & stuff to followers.
Gmble09 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2011, 11:35 AM   #4877
JONATHANM
banned
 
JONATHANM's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Location: 911 9ff turbo please
Posts: 636
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gmble09 View Post
Parx has a twitter account now. They've been giving out free comps & shirts & stuff to followers.
@parxpoker?
@parxpokerroom?
@parxcasino?
JONATHANM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2011, 11:55 AM   #4878
midas
Pooh-Bah
 
Join Date: Aug 2003
Location: Northern NJ
Posts: 3,515
Re: PARX Poker Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by Michaeljg40 View Post
I agree, and would be interested...the 1-3 would be a very good addition.
I play at PA Sands mostly and asked for this same game to be added. The room manager said that game did not exist in the games that are approved by the Gaming Commission for Sands. My impression is that every PA casino must submit a list of games and limits to be played for approval before being allowed to be spread.
midas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2011, 11:55 AM   #4879
JONATHANM
banned
 
JONATHANM's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Location: 911 9ff turbo please
Posts: 636
Quote:
Originally Posted by blebhertz View Post
can someone please recommend me a decent hotel within walking distance(5-10mins) from Parx? And it has to be safe enough for me to get to it at 3/4am.
thanks a ton
Hiliday inn, Sleep inn, courtyard by marriott... All w/in that walking time frame
Walk toward turnpike.Sidewalk all the way..except for a 100 foot patch or so if you going to HI,SI...HI has a dunkin donuts in the HI parking lot so your good on breakfast
JONATHANM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2011, 12:05 PM   #4880
bullseye180
centurion
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: New Jersey
Posts: 160
Re: PARX Poker Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by blebhertz View Post
can someone please recommend me a decent hotel within walking distance(5-10mins) from Parx? And it has to be safe enough for me to get to it at 3/4am.
thanks a ton
The Holiday Inn would probably be the closest.The walk would be like 20-25 mins.It's not really a walk friendly environment.
Not for fear of your personnel safety it's car congested.
That being said I would not walk it at late night hours.
Do yourself a favor and take a cab.
bullseye180 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2011, 12:29 PM   #4881
JONATHANM
banned
 
JONATHANM's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Location: 911 9ff turbo please
Posts: 636
Herr i sit ...my fav #2 seat t37. .play well me!!! Seems juicy after 4 hands
JONATHANM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2011, 01:43 PM   #4882
JONATHANM
banned
 
JONATHANM's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Location: 911 9ff turbo please
Posts: 636
Quote:
Originally Posted by bullseye180 View Post
The Holiday Inn would probably be the closest.The walk would be like 20-25 mins.It's not really a walk friendly environment.
Not for fear of your personnel safety it's car congested.
That being said I would not walk it at late night hours.
Do yourself a favor and take a cab.
The walk is 10 mins tops.....trust me, i walk for a living

Table # 21 now
JONATHANM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2011, 02:21 PM   #4883
Gmble09
enthusiast
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
Posts: 88
Re: PARX Poker Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by JONATHANM View Post
The walk is 10 mins tops.....trust me, i walk for a living

Table # 21 now
You should introduce yourself as a 2+2er to the shift manager. She will give you a free $5 comp for being a 2+2er, first time only.
Gmble09 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2011, 02:49 PM   #4884
Paul Valente
banned
 
Paul Valente's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: Villain
Posts: 4,925
Re: PARX Poker Thread

It seems like Parx has beefed up parking lot security since all the bitching about it that happened ITT. Now theres a security car driving circles through the parking lot 24/7, it makes it alot harder to go to my car to smoke . . .
Paul Valente is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2011, 06:01 PM   #4885
bullseye180
centurion
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: New Jersey
Posts: 160
Re: PARX Poker Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by JONATHANM View Post
The walk is 10 mins tops.....trust me, i walk for a living

Table # 21 now
I'll bet you 200 you can't walk from front desk of Holiday Inn to poker room desk in 10 mins. PM if your interested.
bullseye180 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2011, 07:20 PM   #4886
parxface
grinder
 
Join Date: Nov 2010
Location: Chasing the Paydirt
Posts: 588
Re: PARX Poker Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by bullseye180 View Post
I'll bet you 200 you can't walk from front desk of Holiday Inn to poker room desk in 10 mins. PM if your interested.
Id like to see this happen... I would bet you 200 jonathanm makes it in under 10
parxface is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2011, 10:18 PM   #4887
ashinynickel
veteran
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 2,608
Re: PARX Poker Thread

Better hire Olympic judges in speedwalking to make sure he doesn't break form and bust into a run or a jog.
ashinynickel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2011, 10:24 PM   #4888
smd173
centurion
 
Join Date: Apr 2011
Posts: 152
Re: PARX Poker Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by parxface View Post
Id like to see this happen... I would bet you 200 jonathanm makes it in under 10
Google Maps claims 15 min.
smd173 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2011, 04:30 AM   #4889
spacecakezzz
old hand
 
spacecakezzz's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Posts: 1,932
Re: PARX Poker Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by bullseye180 View Post
I'll bet you 200 you can't walk from front desk of Holiday Inn to poker room desk in 10 mins. PM if your interested.
i might be interested...does it have to be to the poker room desk or just parx easy lobby? it's two minutes easy up the escalator especially if someone is standing there and you can't climb the steps...also do I have to walk on the street or can I cut through?

would you give me 5:1 on $200 if I carried Jonathan on my back in under 10 minutes? (just curious)
spacecakezzz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2011, 06:58 AM   #4890
JONATHANM
banned
 
JONATHANM's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Location: 911 9ff turbo please
Posts: 636
Quote:
Originally Posted by bullseye180 View Post
I'll bet you 200 you can't walk from front desk of Holiday Inn to poker room desk in 10 mins. PM if your interested.
Im in. Just to clarify, we are talking about the HI with dunkin donuts, correct? If so, 500 and we can get this done next tues./wed. Im not walking walking in this heat for less than 5.
JONATHANM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2011, 08:18 AM   #4891
parxface
grinder
 
Join Date: Nov 2010
Location: Chasing the Paydirt
Posts: 588
Re: PARX Poker Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by JONATHANM View Post
Im in. Just to clarify, we are talking about the HI with dunkin donuts, correct? If so, 500 and we can get this done next tues./wed. Im not walking walking in this heat for less than 5.
If this goes down please let me know... Id like to witness/ take part of the action
parxface is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2011, 08:28 AM   #4892
JONATHANM
banned
 
JONATHANM's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Location: 911 9ff turbo please
Posts: 636
Forgot TR cliffs:

Went light
Card dead for 3 hrs
Missed a street of value ($80ish) w/AA
Changed tables 2x to no avail
STRAT TALK AT TABLE BOTHERS ME
felted w/A7hh cu v. 44 sb limp......478hh flop
JONATHANM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2011, 08:44 AM   #4893
JONATHANM
banned
 
JONATHANM's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Location: 911 9ff turbo please
Posts: 636
Quote:
Originally Posted by parxface View Post
If this goes down please let me know... Id like to witness/ take part of the action
First annual "jonathanms walk for benjamins"
Spoiler:
JONATHANM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2011, 09:02 AM   #4894
JONATHANM
banned
 
JONATHANM's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Location: 911 9ff turbo please
Posts: 636
Quote:
Originally Posted by Paul Valente View Post
It seems like Parx has beefed up parking lot security since all the bitching about it that happened ITT. Now theres a security car driving circles through the parking lot 24/7, it makes it alot harder to go to my car to smoke . . .
No probs for me..i just walk back n forth the walkway...there are nooks
JONATHANM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2011, 09:06 AM   #4895
JONATHANM
banned
 
JONATHANM's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Location: 911 9ff turbo please
Posts: 636
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gmble09 View Post
You should introduce yourself as a 2+2er to the shift manager. She will give you a free $5 comp for being a 2+2er, first time only.
I did not know...i will talk to S when i go back..thank you sir



Merge please. .cant multi quote on android (i dont think)
JONATHANM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2011, 09:11 AM   #4896
RDonovan
grinder
 
RDonovan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Posts: 546
Re: PARX Poker Thread

Jonathan, are you just trying to get your post count up ? Is there any reason that you had to make the last three posts in seperate posts, or are you just checking to see if Rapini is paying attention....

Also your last name doesn't start with a D does it ?
RDonovan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2011, 09:57 AM   #4897
blebhertz
centurion
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Posts: 112
Re: PARX Poker Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by JONATHANM View Post
First annual "jonathanms walk for benjamins"
Spoiler:
wow, so you really did win? walking no running in under 10mins? And do u think it's safe for me to walk get to it , let say around 2am in the morning?
blebhertz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2011, 10:17 AM   #4898
JONATHANM
banned
 
JONATHANM's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Location: 911 9ff turbo please
Posts: 636
Quote:
Originally Posted by blebhertz View Post
wow, so you really did win? walking no running in under 10mins? And do u think it's safe for me to walk get to it , let say around 2am in the morning?
Yes...the o/u is 10...i have 5 on the under

Give me a bit.. My mission is to get you there under 10... Stay tuned
JONATHANM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2011, 10:42 AM   #4899
kingcod
veteran
 
kingcod's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2011
Location: running bad
Posts: 2,095
Re: PARX Poker Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by blebhertz View Post
wow, so you really did win? walking no running in under 10mins? And do u think it's safe for me to walk get to it , let say around 2am in the morning?
yes it is safe...as mentioned before Bensalem is not AC or Chester
kingcod is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2011, 03:54 PM   #4900
mixn123
centurion
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Location: Hatboro
Posts: 149
Re: PARX Poker Thread -- FAQ updated 2011.07.21

Parx poker chips are not that dirty and do not stick together.

mixn123 is offline   Reply With Quote

Reply
      

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off


Forum Jump


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 04:40 AM.


Powered by vBulletin®
Copyright ©2000 - 2021, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Copyright © 2008-2020, Two Plus Two Interactive