Two Plus Two Publishing LLC Two Plus Two Publishing LLC
 

Go Back   Two Plus Two Poker Forums > >

Venues & Communities Discussion of live, legal poker venues, and discussion among players in live poker "neighborhoods."

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-07-2011, 09:15 AM   #4676
smd173
centurion
 
Join Date: Apr 2011
Posts: 152
Re: PARX Poker Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ben Young View Post
If he had followed me down the escalator what do I do?
Turn right, go up the ramp, turn left and proceed to the Table Games/Noodle Bar area. If he's still following you by then, tell security.
smd173 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2011, 09:32 AM   #4677
HRBLUFNSTUF
enthusiast
 
HRBLUFNSTUF's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Posts: 70
Re: PARX Poker Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by JONATHANM View Post
Tuesday June 7th, 4:10am :

$1-2 No Limit Hold'em 5
$2-5 No Limit Hold'em 2
$5-10 No Limit Holdem 1
$15-30 Limit Holdem 1

http://www.parxcasino.com/gamereport/




There was a concern amongst some players about the lobby being less than optimally staffed during certain periods back before they opened the tables downstairs. A day later there were a couple people in lobby (including a redcoat), during those periods . Ari will read and look into I would think.
I wouldn't mind seeing a security detail going between the poker room and parking lot at regular intervals... perhaps one of the two they staff at the poker room entrance.
HRBLUFNSTUF is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2011, 09:40 AM   #4678
BriMc
old hand
 
Join Date: Oct 2005
Location: Seat Change Button Please Dealer!
Posts: 1,467
Re: PARX Poker Thread

Lock boxes are available.

You can also ask security for an escort to your car if you are uncomfortable carrying cash.
BriMc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2011, 09:45 AM   #4679
Falker11
journeyman
 
Join Date: Aug 2004
Posts: 348
Re: PARX Poker Thread

30/60 HOE starting tomorrow around 3. Come on down if you want to play. Game ran from about 2-midnight last week
Falker11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2011, 09:53 AM   #4680
JasonB85
grinder
 
JasonB85's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: Philadelphia
Posts: 665
Re: PARX Poker Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by BriMc View Post
Lock boxes are available.

You can also ask security for an escort to your car if you are uncomfortable carrying cash.
I'm surprised more people don't take advantage of these. I asked about them before and they weren't even close to sold out. I may be doing this in the near future
JasonB85 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2011, 10:07 AM   #4681
Ben Young
Bipolar Bear
 
Ben Young's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Location: NJ
Posts: 1,388
Re: PARX Poker Thread

lock boxes are cool and all, but as someone else mentioned, that doesn't mean someone isn't gonna jump you
Ben Young is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2011, 10:09 AM   #4682
Num-Yummy
journeyman
 
Num-Yummy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Location: watching you watching me...
Posts: 312
Re: PARX Poker Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by smd173 View Post
Turn right, go up the ramp, turn left and proceed to the Table Games/Noodle Bar area. If he's still following you by then, tell security.
I like that idea

Quote:
Originally Posted by HRBLUFNSTUF View Post
I wouldn't mind seeing a security detail going between the poker room and parking lot at regular intervals... perhaps one of the two they staff at the poker room entrance.
I hall ass and run through the parking lot (i'm a tiny little girl) so if someone is following me it will be apparent. I usually park in the first row there after the handicap spaces facing the building. I hit the panic button on the remote of my car so it's going off before I get there. Being that my car is right in the front row it attracts attention and people are looking the direction I am going. I have been known though to have my boyfriend come and get me sometimes though. Also Parking at west and taking the shuttle..if someone is following you...then you will definitely know.

Quote:
Originally Posted by JasonB85 View Post
Who's playing in the tournament tonight? Expecting 200+ for the third straight week?
I'll be there tonight. Not sure about playing in the tournament though.
Num-Yummy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2011, 10:49 AM   #4683
spacecakezzz
old hand
 
spacecakezzz's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Posts: 1,932
Re: PARX Poker Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ben Young View Post
lock boxes are cool and all, but as someone else mentioned, that doesn't mean someone isn't gonna jump you
yeah i'm always afraid if i ever get mugged or something and I don't have cash it might not end well...like they won't believe me and shoot me then search me...i'd rather throw a handfull of chips one direction and run the other.

(edit: not at parx but in general...always felt fairly safe at parx)
spacecakezzz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2011, 11:10 AM   #4684
BriMc
old hand
 
Join Date: Oct 2005
Location: Seat Change Button Please Dealer!
Posts: 1,467
Re: PARX Poker Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ben Young View Post
lock boxes are cool and all, but as someone else mentioned, that doesn't mean someone isn't gonna jump you
I'm so tired of these posts. Can a random mugging happen in the lot at Parx? Sure, can it happen anywhere? Yup. Does it happen often in Bensalem, PA? Nope, you're about 1/3 (Source) as likely to be robbed there than the national average. So can we please stop with this?
BriMc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2011, 11:28 AM   #4685
Num-Yummy
journeyman
 
Num-Yummy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Location: watching you watching me...
Posts: 312
Re: PARX Poker Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by BriMc View Post
I'm so tired of these posts. Can a random mugging happen in the lot at Parx? Sure, can it happen anywhere? Yup. Does it happen often in Bensalem, PA? Nope, you're about 1/3 (Source) as likely to be robbed there than the national average. So can we please stop with this?

Actually I live in Feasterville...I grew up a few towns away in Horsham and have to challenge that. The crime rate has gone up since SEPTA started running to Parx...that is inevitable. It is safer than AC and Harrah's though I would think.
Num-Yummy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2011, 11:52 AM   #4686
hamsamich
veteran
 
hamsamich's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Posts: 3,327
Re: PARX Poker Thread

I am currently about ten minutes away from Parx...really want to check it out today...yay for my company for getting a job right down the street!!
hamsamich is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2011, 11:54 AM   #4687
BriMc
old hand
 
Join Date: Oct 2005
Location: Seat Change Button Please Dealer!
Posts: 1,467
Re: PARX Poker Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by Num-Yummy View Post
Actually I live in Feasterville...I grew up a few towns away in Horsham and have to challenge that. The crime rate has gone up since SEPTA started running to Parx...that is inevitable. It is safer than AC and Harrah's though I would think.
Oh wow, you totally invalidated the statistics I posted with 3 sentences of what you think. Nice hand sir.
BriMc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2011, 12:52 PM   #4688
Num-Yummy
journeyman
 
Num-Yummy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Location: watching you watching me...
Posts: 312
Re: PARX Poker Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by BriMc View Post
Oh wow, you totally invalidated the statistics I posted with 3 sentences of what you think. Nice hand sir.
What are you talking about? Please note that those are from 2003...again I said BEFORE S.E.P.T.A got here. Please know i'm not trying to undermine anyone I'm just saying what I know from living in the area.

Also careful with the sir...i'm a madam.
Num-Yummy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2011, 02:31 PM   #4689
BriMc
old hand
 
Join Date: Oct 2005
Location: Seat Change Button Please Dealer!
Posts: 1,467
Re: PARX Poker Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by Num-Yummy View Post
What are you talking about? Please note that those are from 2003...again I said BEFORE S.E.P.T.A got here. Please know i'm not trying to undermine anyone I'm just saying what I know from living in the area.

Also careful with the sir...i'm a madam.

Oh wow, you totally proved your point by stating that your point could be possible since you live nearby. Well played...erm, oh everyone knows there are no women reading 2+2
BriMc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2011, 03:10 PM   #4690
scarletknigh
stranger
 
Join Date: Feb 2005
Posts: 2
Re: PARX Poker Thread

So cardplayer has the tournament series in august listed. Here is how they have it:


Event 1 - No-Limit Hold'em Aug 10 2 $300 + $40
Event 2 - No-Limit Hold'em Aug 11 2 $450 + $50
Event 3 - No-Limit Hold'em Deep Stack Aug 12 2 $500 + $60
Event 4 - No-Limit Hold'em Aug 13 2 $1,000 + $100
Event 5 - No-Limit Hold'em Deep Stack Turbo Aug 14 1 $300 + $40
Event 6 - No-Limit Hold'em Deep Stack Turbo Aug 15 1 $200 + $30
Event 7 - No-Limit Hold'em Aug 16 2 $300 + $40
Event 8 - Limit Hold'em Aug 17 2 $200 + $30
Event 9 - No-Limit Hold'em Deep Stack Turbo Aug 18 1 $300 + $40
Event 10 - No-Limit Hold'em Deepstacks Workshop Aug 19 2 $300 + $40
Main Event Aug 20 2 $1,850 + $150
Event 12 - No-Limit Hol'dem Aug 21 2 $500 + $60
Event 13 - No-Limit Hold'em Deep Stack Turbo Aug 22 1 $200 + $30
Event 14 - No-Limit Hold'em Aug 23 2 $300 + $40
Event 15 - No-Limit Hodle'm Deep Stack Turbo Aug 24 1 $200 + $30
scarletknigh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2011, 03:12 PM   #4691
JasonB85
grinder
 
JasonB85's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: Philadelphia
Posts: 665
Re: PARX Poker Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by scarletknigh View Post
So cardplayer has the tournament series in august listed. Here is how they have it:


Event 1 - No-Limit Hold'em Aug 10 2 $300 + $40
Event 2 - No-Limit Hold'em Aug 11 2 $450 + $50
Event 3 - No-Limit Hold'em Deep Stack Aug 12 2 $500 + $60
Event 4 - No-Limit Hold'em Aug 13 2 $1,000 + $100
Event 5 - No-Limit Hold'em Deep Stack Turbo Aug 14 1 $300 + $40
Event 6 - No-Limit Hold'em Deep Stack Turbo Aug 15 1 $200 + $30
Event 7 - No-Limit Hold'em Aug 16 2 $300 + $40
Event 8 - Limit Hold'em Aug 17 2 $200 + $30
Event 9 - No-Limit Hold'em Deep Stack Turbo Aug 18 1 $300 + $40
Event 10 - No-Limit Hold'em Deepstacks Workshop Aug 19 2 $300 + $40
Main Event Aug 20 2 $1,850 + $150
Event 12 - No-Limit Hol'dem Aug 21 2 $500 + $60
Event 13 - No-Limit Hold'em Deep Stack Turbo Aug 22 1 $200 + $30
Event 14 - No-Limit Hold'em Aug 23 2 $300 + $40
Event 15 - No-Limit Hodle'm Deep Stack Turbo Aug 24 1 $200 + $30
Wow don't think we could have crammed any more NLHE events into this schedule. Strange because there is a pretty good draw for the other games at Parx
JasonB85 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2011, 03:12 PM   #4692
emet
banned
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Posts: 589
Re: PARX Poker Thread

Umm no she simply pointed out what you brought as proof was pretty worthless, so I'd say she owned you pretty hard.
emet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2011, 03:44 PM   #4693
Ben Young
Bipolar Bear
 
Ben Young's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Location: NJ
Posts: 1,388
Re: PARX Poker Thread

I think the fact that multiple people have posted here with concerns about shady people hanging around doing shady things in or near the parking lot should be enough concern for a business like PARX to put maybe one security guard in the area in case someone needs help or feels unsafe.

Also, any chance of getting mugged is bad imo, so throwing national averages around is pretty stupid

having none to minimal security in a parking lot where people are bringing in and out tons of money seems unreasonable
Ben Young is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2011, 03:58 PM   #4694
BriMc
old hand
 
Join Date: Oct 2005
Location: Seat Change Button Please Dealer!
Posts: 1,467
Re: PARX Poker Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ben Young View Post
I think the fact that multiple people have posted here with concerns about shady people hanging around doing shady things in or near the parking lot should be enough concern for a business like PARX to put maybe one security guard in the area in case someone needs help or feels unsafe.

Also, any chance of getting mugged is bad imo, so throwing national averages around is pretty stupid

having none to minimal security in a parking lot where people are bringing in and out tons of money seems unreasonable

You're totally right! Multiple people on the internet are worried about it so it must be an issue. I demand that Parx put at least 2 clearly marked security trucks with yellow flashing lights on to out to patrol the lot at all times.
BriMc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2011, 04:39 PM   #4695
parxface
grinder
 
Join Date: Nov 2010
Location: Chasing the Paydirt
Posts: 588
Re: PARX Poker Thread

https://forumserver.twoplustwo.com/65...-24th-1049463/

Thread for parx classic!!
parxface is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2011, 04:50 PM   #4696
edgie212
newbie
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Location: NYC
Posts: 41
Re: PARX Poker Thread

Ok PARX people. Tomorrow is my birthday and I am taking a poker trip but am considering something besides my normal jaunt to AC. So it is a Wednesday. PARX? Mohegan at Pocono? Mt Airy? Sands? What do you folks think of these places on a weekday afternoon?
edgie212 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2011, 04:59 PM   #4697
Ben Young
Bipolar Bear
 
Ben Young's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Location: NJ
Posts: 1,388
Re: PARX Poker Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by BriMc View Post
You're totally right! Multiple people on the internet are worried about it so it must be an issue. I demand that Parx put at least 2 clearly marked security trucks with yellow flashing lights on to out to patrol the lot at all times.
I guess no one should raise issues they ever have if there isn't an overwhelming number of people already complaining about it eh?
Ben Young is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2011, 05:35 PM   #4698
kirbymontor
journeyman
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Posts: 360
Re: PARX Poker Thread

11 players on 15-30 list but won't call new game because it might break the 8-16 game. Haa
kirbymontor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2011, 05:38 PM   #4699
spacecakezzz
old hand
 
spacecakezzz's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Posts: 1,932
Re: PARX Poker Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by edgie212 View Post
Ok PARX people. Tomorrow is my birthday and I am taking a poker trip but am considering something besides my normal jaunt to AC. So it is a Wednesday. PARX? Mohegan at Pocono? Mt Airy? Sands? What do you folks think of these places on a weekday afternoon?
There is a tv without high definition and u are more likely to get mugged than 2003. Other than that you will enjoy yourself
spacecakezzz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2011, 06:16 PM   #4700
MacGuyV
Carpal \'Tunnel
 
MacGuyV's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2005
Posts: 22,298
Re: PARX Poker Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by kirbymontor View Post
11 players on 15-30 list but won't call new game because it might break the 8-16 game. Haa
This excuse always kills me; particularly as the players waiting to play 15 are always the ones who get the 8 game started short.
MacGuyV is offline   Reply With Quote

Reply
      

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off


Forum Jump


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 08:37 AM.


Powered by vBulletin®
Copyright ©2000 - 2021, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Copyright © 2008-2020, Two Plus Two Interactive