Two Plus Two Publishing LLC Two Plus Two Publishing LLC
 

Go Back   Two Plus Two Poker Forums > >

Venues & Communities Discussion of live, legal poker venues, and discussion among players in live poker "neighborhoods."

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-05-2011, 10:33 PM   #4651
dinesh
Pooh-Bah
 
dinesh's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Posts: 3,871
Re: PARX Poker Thread

$6 per half
dinesh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2011, 08:53 AM   #4652
PALLADIN
journeyman
 
Join Date: Feb 2006
Posts: 277
Re: PARX Poker Thread

Thanks Grim. Some one who plays in the game is just as good, and the answer from him on this forum may not be acceptable.
PALLADIN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2011, 09:42 AM   #4653
Num-Yummy
journeyman
 
Num-Yummy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Location: watching you watching me...
Posts: 312
Re: PARX Poker Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheTalkingMule View Post
So anyway....when we getting some more daily tournaments at Parx? Could really use a Sunday 11am and a Wednesday night survivor.
It's really shady what is going on with the Tournaments. They are running a few to see what the draw will be like and then will decide from there.

I guess in all fairness it's a little room and there is usually a wait to get on tables. Lastnight I waited 20 minutes or so for 1/2 and there were enough people though to open a new one. Maybe not enough dealers. Who knows.

Anyone heading up today?
Num-Yummy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2011, 10:27 AM   #4654
JasonB85
grinder
 
JasonB85's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: Philadelphia
Posts: 665
Re: PARX Poker Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by Num-Yummy View Post
It's really shady what is going on with the Tournaments. They are running a few to see what the draw will be like and then will decide from there.
How is it "shady"?

I think they are doing a great job not over saturating their market with tournaments. Also why over expand and risk hurting your product?
JasonB85 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2011, 11:00 AM   #4655
BriMc
old hand
 
Join Date: Oct 2005
Location: Seat Change Button Please Dealer!
Posts: 1,467
Re: PARX Poker Thread

If by shady you mean, smart business decision, then yes, its very shady of them!
BriMc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2011, 11:00 AM   #4656
ThomaMon
enthusiast
 
Join Date: May 2008
Location: All You Need is a Chip and a Click
Posts: 83
Re: PARX Poker Thread

I see lots of talk about the tourny's, but I'm wondering how many they have in a Tuesday night tourny.

Thanks!
ThomaMon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2011, 11:07 AM   #4657
dinesh
Pooh-Bah
 
dinesh's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Posts: 3,871
Re: PARX Poker Thread

I think by "shady" the OP just meant "in flux", not "underhanded".
dinesh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2011, 11:13 AM   #4658
Coasterbrad
veteran
 
Coasterbrad's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
Posts: 2,712
Re: PARX Poker Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by ThomaMon View Post
I see lots of talk about the tourny's, but I'm wondering how many they have in a Tuesday night tourny.

Thanks!
200+ I believe.
Coasterbrad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2011, 11:35 AM   #4659
JasonB85
grinder
 
JasonB85's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: Philadelphia
Posts: 665
Re: PARX Poker Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by Death Valley View Post
Ari can you make 2-5 a $6 time game like 5-10 is?
2-5 pays more rake, we get clocked out when we go take a leak, and we cant eat at the table.
+1 Paying a rake for the 2/5 game is murder. SO much money comes off of the table every 1/2 hour.
JasonB85 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2011, 11:53 AM   #4660
Num-Yummy
journeyman
 
Num-Yummy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Location: watching you watching me...
Posts: 312
Re: PARX Poker Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by dinesh View Post
I think by "shady" the OP just meant "in flux", not "underhanded".
This...I meant "shady" as in unsure.

When I was talking to one of the dealers and he even said they are not sure right now how it is going down with the tournaments. Apparently a lot of things were in the works and then scrapped.

With more people playing live and less online the tournaments they were thinking about have been reduced to the Tuesday/Sat tournaments because let's face it cash games bring in more right now for them. Unfortunately lower buy ins were scrapped...for now but I would have liked to see a $75.00 buy in or so opposed to 120 and 230.

Last edited by Rapini; 06-06-2011 at 06:52 PM.
Num-Yummy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2011, 11:56 AM   #4661
BriMc
old hand
 
Join Date: Oct 2005
Location: Seat Change Button Please Dealer!
Posts: 1,467
Re: PARX Poker Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by Death Valley View Post
Ari how about giving away iPad2 for people who accumulate 120-150 hours over 2 months? Tampa Hard Rock is running that promo. Cash game players would rather play cash games.

http://www.seminolehardrocktampa.com/gaming/poker

Awesome Idea! I would much rather this than free rolls.
BriMc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2011, 12:19 PM   #4662
JONATHANM
banned
 
JONATHANM's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Location: 911 9ff turbo please
Posts: 636
Re: PARX Poker Thread

June 6, 2011 12:18 pm :

$1-2 No Limit Hold'em 8
$2-5 No Limit Hold'em 3
$4-8 Limit Hold'em 1


Powered by: http://www.parxcasino.com/gamereport/



Anyone heard from jinyk on a possible fix for his link? Was my favorite:

http://www.taeyeonkim.com/parx/timeline.php


Quote:
Originally Posted by Num-Yummy View Post
It's really shady what is going on with the Tournaments. They are running a few to see what the draw will be like and then will decide from there.
If Parx keeps getting 150+ players for the Tuesday tourney, the room could very well support 2-3 during the week IMHO.Better the room crawl before it walks. I see two more weekly tournies added at least in the future.. 1 more weekly and one Sunday. Would love to see at least one guarantee weekly, with 10-18 man daily satties to it.... A weekly 50-100k would be the nutts.

In the process of adding tournies to the schedule, I would hope Parx considers trying to introduce a mid day (11am/noon) cheapo tourney ($50-$60), or maybe even satties to the $230 on the weekends.



Quote:
Originally Posted by Num-Yummy View Post
[B] it's a little[B] room and there is usually a wait to get on tables.
I lol'd....Bally's, Showboat, Trop, Harrah's, Sands,Mohegan Son PD are little rooms...Parx is a nicely sized room IMHO.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Num-Yummy View Post
Lastnight I waited 20 minutes or so for 1/2 and there were enough people though to open a new one.

There's a number for this : 267-525-7300.

You call that number when your 15 mins from getting there and you tell the person on the other end your name and what game your interested in. Said person will be more then willing to put your name on a special list to get a seat when you arrive.. Or you can use your iphone and reference http://www.parxcasino.com/gamereport/ and then call the room.

Last edited by JONATHANM; 06-06-2011 at 12:37 PM.
JONATHANM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2011, 02:50 PM   #4663
ggeyler
enthusiast
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Posts: 86
Re: PARX Poker Thread

Anyone interested in a 1/2 mixed game PLO/NL at any point this week?

I know the 2/5 game ran before, but some of us are on a budget
ggeyler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2011, 03:04 PM   #4664
Michaeljg40
banned
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Posts: 2
Re: PARX Poker Thread

Anyone interested in a Wednesday Morning tournament similar to Borgata? I think that would be much better than Tuesday PM. A guarantee would be cool as well?
Michaeljg40 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2011, 03:05 PM   #4665
BriMc
old hand
 
Join Date: Oct 2005
Location: Seat Change Button Please Dealer!
Posts: 1,467
Re: PARX Poker Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by ggeyler View Post
Anyone interested in a 1/2 mixed game PLO/NL at any point this week?

I know the 2/5 game ran before, but some of us are on a budget
There are 2 big problems with 1/2 plo. It has to be a red chip game after the flop, otherwise its torture, way to slow and the dealers all get confused.

When everyone at the table agrees to make it a red chip game its fine, but if one person doesn't agree, it ruins the game.

The 2nd problem is the rake, the pots in 1/2 plo are almost always 50 or more so a ton of money comes off the table per hour, its not as big a deal if everyone buys in for 4-500 and there is 3-4k on the table. If there is more than 1-2 short stacks or the game gets down to 6-7 handed, its ridiculous to play 1-2 instead of 2-5 which is a timed game and 3 or 6 a half hour, or about half to one third the rake.
BriMc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2011, 03:07 PM   #4666
agent87
journeyman
 
Join Date: May 2007
Posts: 238
Re: PARX Poker Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by Death Valley View Post
Ari how about giving away iPad2 for people who accumulate 120-150 hours over 2 months? Tampa Hard Rock is running that promo. Cash game players would rather play cash games.
It's against Apple's promotion guidelines. It'd be better do give away a seat to the WSOP or something.
agent87 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2011, 03:58 PM   #4667
kingcod
veteran
 
kingcod's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2011
Location: running bad
Posts: 2,095
Re: PARX Poker Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by ggeyler View Post
Anyone interested in a 1/2 mixed game PLO/NL at any point this week?

I know the 2/5 game ran before, but some of us are on a budget
I will prolly be there tonight between 6 and 10 and would play if it was going!
kingcod is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2011, 04:11 PM   #4668
spacecakezzz
old hand
 
spacecakezzz's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Posts: 1,932
Re: PARX Poker Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by agent87 View Post
It's against Apple's promotion guidelines. It'd be better do give away a seat to the WSOP or something.
i get what you guys are saying and it's def better for us for them to just give something rather than take out time...but for the casino as a whole it's way better to do the freeroll...gets people to come in on a tuesday morning (when they normally wouldn't), it gets people to shoot for 100, 150 or 180 hours (when people wouldn't normally track their time at all), and it gets people used to and aware of parx tournaments. pokerstars did this same exact thing and it's def good for the casino overall.

plus everyone does giveaways...this freeroll is pretty cool...never seen a live casino do a freeroll like this.

the one thing i might reconsider though if i were them is changing the day to a more popular day. stars made their big freerolls right on a sunday figuring even more people would stay and play and hop into the other tournaments. having it on a tuesday morning will disincentive some people from shooting for their hours because they know they won't make it to the freeroll anyway...also even if they do, a lot of people won't stay for the day to play. i think it's short term thinking to try to boost up a weak day when they could do it say on a saturday morning and offer 2 or 3 bigger afternoon tournaments instead of just the one and people will be more likely to stay and play cash or the other tourneys. i guess they will have to crunch numbers to see which is better for them but they will all be guesses.

my guess would be to boost already popular days to make them HUGE days and create more of a buzz rather than give a temporary lift to a weaker day...like even the people that take off work to play tues morning are never gonna think "wow! tuesday morning is the best...i'm quitting work on tuesdays!"
spacecakezzz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2011, 04:24 PM   #4669
Num-Yummy
journeyman
 
Num-Yummy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Location: watching you watching me...
Posts: 312
Re: PARX Poker Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by JONATHANM View Post
June 6, 2011 12:18 pm :

$1-2 No Limit Hold'em 8
$2-5 No Limit Hold'em 3
$4-8 Limit Hold'em 1


Powered by: http://www.parxcasino.com/gamereport/



Anyone heard from jinyk on a possible fix for his link? Was my favorite:

http://www.taeyeonkim.com/parx/timeline.php




If Parx keeps getting 150+ players for the Tuesday tourney, the room could very well support 2-3 during the week IMHO.Better the room crawl before it walks. I see two more weekly tournies added at least in the future.. 1 more weekly and one Sunday. Would love to see at least one guarantee weekly, with 10-18 man daily satties to it.... A weekly 50-100k would be the nutts.

In the process of adding tournies to the schedule, I would hope Parx considers trying to introduce a mid day (11am/noon) cheapo tourney ($50-$60), or maybe even satties to the $230 on the weekends.





I lol'd....Bally's, Showboat, Trop, Harrah's, Sands,Mohegan Son PD are little rooms...Parx is a nicely sized room IMHO.




There's a number for this : 267-525-7300.

You call that number when your 15 mins from getting there and you tell the person on the other end your name and what game your interested in. Said person will be more then willing to put your name on a special list to get a seat when you arrive.. Or you can use your iphone and reference http://www.parxcasino.com/gamereport/ and then call the room.

I am usto Foxwoods.

I live 5 minutes away so it's no biggie.

Met a nice bunch earlier today playing 1/2.

I have to say they are accommodating. I lost my license lastnight, somewhere there and they have gone out of their way to allow me to play.
Num-Yummy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2011, 05:03 PM   #4670
Num-Yummy
journeyman
 
Num-Yummy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Location: watching you watching me...
Posts: 312
Re: PARX Poker Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by agent87 View Post
It's against Apple's promotion guidelines. It'd be better do give away a seat to the WSOP or something.
Harrah's own's the WSOP right? If yes that would be giving money away to the competition!

Side note I should change my location to Feasterville, PA. LOL Just realized that.
Num-Yummy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2011, 05:06 PM   #4671
kingcod
veteran
 
kingcod's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2011
Location: running bad
Posts: 2,095
Re: PARX Poker Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by spacecakezzz View Post
the one thing i might reconsider though if i were them is changing the day to a more popular day. stars made their big freerolls right on a sunday figuring even more people would stay and play and hop into the other tournaments. having it on a tuesday morning will disincentive some people from shooting for their hours because they know they won't make it to the freeroll anyway...also even if they do, a lot of people won't stay for the day to play. i think it's short term thinking to try to boost up a weak day when they could do it say on a saturday morning and offer 2 or 3 bigger afternoon tournaments instead of just the one and people will be more likely to stay and play cash or the other tourneys. i guess they will have to crunch numbers to see which is better for them but they will all be guesses.

my guess would be to boost already popular days to make them HUGE days and create more of a buzz rather than give a temporary lift to a weaker day...like even the people that take off work to play tues morning are never gonna think "wow! tuesday morning is the best...i'm quitting work on tuesdays!"
If the post card I just got in the mail is correct the one in august is on a monday....still not optimal but easier to get off work IMO. Also I think alot people take the whole day off...last time the room stayed full even after half the people went busto in the tourney...so I think it was prolly great for the room.
kingcod is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2011, 09:58 PM   #4672
bnavata
newbie
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
Posts: 33
Re: PARX Poker Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by kingcod View Post
If the post card I just got in the mail is correct the one in august is on a monday....still not optimal but easier to get off work IMO. Also I think alot people take the whole day off...last time the room stayed full even after half the people went busto in the tourney...so I think it was prolly great for the room.
The last free roll took up 53 out of 56 available tables. If this one is bigger, and its on a Saturday when 7 or more games may still be going in the morning, they do not want to tell players who have been playing all night, "sorry, you have to get up so that the free roll can use this table."
bnavata is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2011, 12:27 AM   #4673
Ben Young
Bipolar Bear
 
Ben Young's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Location: NJ
Posts: 1,388
Re: PARX Poker Thread

I have been playing at PARX a bit lately, and I must say I am mostly pleased...

The staff are very friendly, and the environment in general has a positive attitude

however, I would suggest increased security in general, but especially in the parking lot area. I'm not a big baller by any means, but I'm sure no one would appreciate this situation: I had cashed out after a session and was leaving to the escalator when I was approached by a young man in the area right before the escalator. He asked me if I was leaving, and where I was going... uhhhh what dude? no, I'm not giving you a ride, get lost. If he had followed me down the escalator what do I do? there was no staff to be seen anywhere upon leaving the poker room.

Also... is there anything that can be done about stalling? I was playing the saturday tourney two weeks ago and at the 200/400/25 level this old guy at my table had to be reminded every hand(except for 3) to put his ante in, often more than twice on the same hand. He remembered 100% for the 300/600/50. I am not schooled enough to know if this might somehow benefit me, but I feel like it wouldn't, and he was slowing the game down so bad.
Ben Young is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2011, 04:06 AM   #4674
JONATHANM
banned
 
JONATHANM's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Location: 911 9ff turbo please
Posts: 636
Re: PARX Poker Thread

Tuesday June 7th, 4:10am :

$1-2 No Limit Hold'em 5
$2-5 No Limit Hold'em 2
$5-10 No Limit Holdem 1
$15-30 Limit Holdem 1

http://www.parxcasino.com/gamereport/


Quote:
Originally Posted by Ben Young View Post
I was approached by a young man in the area right before the escalator. He asked me if I was leaving, and where I was going... uhhhh what dude? no, I'm not giving you a ride, get lost. If he had followed me down the escalator what do I do? there was no staff to be seen anywhere upon leaving the poker room.
There was a concern amongst some players about the lobby being less than optimally staffed during certain periods back before they opened the tables downstairs. A day later there were a couple people in lobby (including a redcoat), during those periods . Ari will read and look into I would think.

Last edited by JONATHANM; 06-07-2011 at 04:17 AM.
JONATHANM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2011, 09:03 AM   #4675
JasonB85
grinder
 
JasonB85's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: Philadelphia
Posts: 665
Re: PARX Poker Thread

Who's playing in the tournament tonight? Expecting 200+ for the third straight week?
JasonB85 is offline   Reply With Quote

Reply
      

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off


Forum Jump


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 03:54 AM.


Powered by vBulletin®
Copyright ©2000 - 2021, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Copyright © 2008-2020, Two Plus Two Interactive