Two Plus Two Publishing LLC Two Plus Two Publishing LLC
 

Go Back   Two Plus Two Poker Forums > >

Venues & Communities Discussion of live, legal poker venues, and discussion among players in live poker "neighborhoods."

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-28-2011, 11:29 PM   #3926
Richyrich9987
adept
 
Richyrich9987's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2010
Posts: 1,159
Re: PARX Poker Thread

Sorry, I know it's been done to death...

Will the freeroll be at night or during the daytime
Richyrich9987 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2011, 12:42 AM   #3927
Lovesantiques
A Classic
 
Lovesantiques's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2007
Location: New Castle, Delaware
Posts: 3,879
Re: PARX Poker Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by bubs23 View Post
5-10NL at Parx last night.

Me: AQ
Villain: AJ

Board: A5K35

Villain bets huge on the river, I call. I flip the AQ...

He shows AJ and says, "I knew you had me when you called!"

AND MUCKS!!! (Cards don't hit the actual muck).

Dealer pauses. I nudge him and say, "He mucked!"
The dealer TAPS THE MUCKED HAND AND LOOKS AT THE PLAYER!!!

The player shrugs and says, "What? I showed...I had AJ". The dealer waits AGAINNNNNN.

Villain finally turns over his hand and the dealer chops the pot!!!!
Villain says, "OHHHHHH, I did not see the 5 on the river!"
I say, "I KNOW you didn't!"

I am freaking out and the floor is standing there watching and NOTHING happens except an apology to me from the dealer.

$1600 pot. Vomit.
But, since he showed the hand, the pot should be split. Shouldn't it? If he had just mucked, then no. But since he showed....

Lee
Lovesantiques is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2011, 01:08 AM   #3928
JONATHANM
banned
 
JONATHANM's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Location: 911 9ff turbo please
Posts: 636
Re: PARX Poker Thread

So is it correct for me to assume there is a possibility a 2-10 stud game w/ acceptable rake #'s can run if there is enough interest?

Quote:
Originally Posted by ms12345 View Post
I would play this with a friend if the HOSE game is at least 50-100. Could play a few nights a week.
Baller ITT

Last edited by JONATHANM; 03-29-2011 at 01:11 AM. Reason: ;)
JONATHANM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2011, 02:15 AM   #3929
Midnight Cowboy
grinder
 
Midnight Cowboy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: in the Village by the Sea
Posts: 549
Re: PARX Poker Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lovesantiques View Post
But, since he showed the hand, the pot should be split. Shouldn't it? If he had just mucked, then no. But since he showed....

Lee
i agree. "cards speak" is a rule in pretty much every poker room i've played in. if he exposes it and the dealer sees, it makes no difference if he misreads his hand. chop it up.
Midnight Cowboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2011, 06:42 AM   #3930
Katman
adept
 
Katman's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Location: Philly Aquarium
Posts: 708
Re: PARX Poker Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by Richyrich9987 View Post
Sorry, I know it's been done to death...

Will the freeroll be at night or during the daytime
It will start in the daytime and end at night.
Katman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2011, 10:15 AM   #3931
Richyrich9987
adept
 
Richyrich9987's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2010
Posts: 1,159
Re: PARX Poker Thread

The chances of me getting the time in to play are slim.... but you better believe if i qualify I'm telling my boss that I can't come in (****ty work study job any way, lol)
Richyrich9987 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2011, 11:56 AM   #3932
RDonovan
grinder
 
RDonovan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Posts: 546
Re: PARX Poker Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by Katman View Post
It will start in the daytime and end at night.
I will be curious to see what they do if they get like 300 runners for this thing, Guessing there won't be much cash game action for a good portion of the day, until tables start breaking.
RDonovan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2011, 01:22 AM   #3933
pipes
banned
 
Join Date: May 2004
Location: Borgata
Posts: 2,340
Re: PARX Poker Thread

Hey gize, I won't be around this weekend so unless someone lese picks up the ball there will be no possibility of a 15/30; 2/5 Seven Game

Let's shoot for Saturday March 9th

Next week I'll start a thread and let's get some talk in there and get'er going..k thks
pipes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2011, 06:14 PM   #3934
cmurl904
adept
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Location: NJ
Posts: 977
Re: PARX Poker Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by JONATHANM View Post
So is it correct for me to assume there is a possibility a 2-10 stud game w/ acceptable rake #'s can run if there is enough interest?



Baller ITT
I'd definitely play, it would be ideal with the $2 chips.
If that game was up on the board on a Saturday, I'm pretty sure it would go.

IMHO, 4/8 stud won't go because of the $1 ante. The nits will never cave in to that, too used to the .50 antes of AC 5/10 stud games...
cmurl904 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2011, 09:21 PM   #3935
JONATHANM
banned
 
JONATHANM's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Location: 911 9ff turbo please
Posts: 636
Re: PARX Poker Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by cmurl904 View Post
I'd definitely play, it would be ideal with the $2 chips.
If that game was up on the board on a Saturday, I'm pretty sure it would go.

IMHO, 4/8 stud won't go because of the $1 ante. The nits will never cave in to that, too used to the .50 antes of AC 5/10 stud games...
I would as well. Yes it's a good game for $2 chips imo as well. Especially if it's set up w/ a $2 BI. $1 ante I can see in a 20+ game. $1 ante in anything less is rape. the 4 game players don't want to be raped...understandable.

I know it's nice to have a pot, but you don't have to force action in a game that is a pot builder anyway imo. I think having a game like 2-10 7cs would generate plenty of rake. While the structure plays more like 4/8 or 5/10 7cs, it will still appeal to the 1-5 crowd imho. The game doesn't need antes. $2 BI and the regular rake schedule will be profitable for the room imho.

This is a niche game, and can prosper IMHO. I can see it running 2 tables easily (main+MM).

Nevertheless, the idea has been discussed and shut down by the "high rollers"/ powers that be because of the "ante issue".

Ari seems to believe a game like this cannot be profitable to the room unless it has antes. That's my read on it....could be wrong.

4 players+$10 each invested in a 2-10 7cs pot on 5th street= rake probably gonna max by the end of next two streets...just sayin'

As many of the people here know , I will not be a reg again for a week or so more. When I do start playing 2-4 times weekly, rest assured, I will be trying to get this game running. I think it's a good one.
JONATHANM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2011, 09:49 PM   #3936
wshuwerhere
newbie
 
Join Date: Nov 2010
Location: Philly
Posts: 41
Re: PARX Poker Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by bubs23 View Post
5-10NL at Parx last night.

Me: AQ
Villain: AJ

Board: A5K35

Villain bets huge on the river, I call. I flip the AQ...

He shows AJ and says, "I knew you had me when you called!"

AND MUCKS!!! (Cards don't hit the actual muck).

Dealer pauses. I nudge him and say, "He mucked!"
The dealer TAPS THE MUCKED HAND AND LOOKS AT THE PLAYER!!!

The player shrugs and says, "What? I showed...I had AJ". The dealer waits AGAINNNNNN.

Villain finally turns over his hand and the dealer chops the pot!!!!
Villain says, "OHHHHHH, I did not see the 5 on the river!"
I say, "I KNOW you didn't!"

I am freaking out and the floor is standing there watching and NOTHING happens except an apology to me from the dealer.

$1600 pot. Vomit.
He made a very poor call on the river praying to chop and then he takes it out on the dealer, who did nothing wrong. I can see how you would want to rush onto here so you could post all your faults. Now we will know who the moron at our table is. Its good to know that terrible players play that high around here.
wshuwerhere is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2011, 10:06 PM   #3937
Pippen33
veteran
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Posts: 2,063
Re: PARX Poker Thread

Good chance I'll be in the building tomorrow night.

Anyone planning on being there and interested in PLO?
Pippen33 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2011, 12:59 AM   #3938
godsgift
centurion
 
godsgift's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2010
Location: OCCUPY BENSALEM
Posts: 140
Re: PARX Poker Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by JONATHANM View Post
I would as well. Yes it's a good game for $2 chips imo as well. Especially if it's set up w/ a $2 BI. $1 ante I can see in a 20+ game. $1 ante in anything less is rape. the 4 game players don't want to be raped...understandable.

I know it's nice to have a pot, but you don't have to force action in a game that is a pot builder anyway imo. I think having a game like 2-10 7cs would generate plenty of rake. While the structure plays more like 4/8 or 5/10 7cs, it will still appeal to the 1-5 crowd imho. The game doesn't need antes. $2 BI and the regular rake schedule will be profitable for the room imho.

This is a niche game, and can prosper IMHO. I can see it running 2 tables easily (main+MM).

Nevertheless, the idea has been discussed and shut down by the "high rollers"/ powers that be because of the "ante issue".

Ari seems to believe a game like this cannot be profitable to the room unless it has antes. That's my read on it....could be wrong.

4 players+$10 each invested in a 2-10 7cs pot on 5th street= rake probably gonna max by the end of next two streets...just sayin'

As many of the people here know , I will not be a reg again for a week or so more. When I do start playing 2-4 times weekly, rest assured, I will be trying to get this game running. I think it's a good one.
I would definitely play the 2-10, but ONLY if there are antes in the pot. The game plays way to small and nitty otherwise imo. You really use that rape term way too loosely and it is quite offensive/insensitive imho. I will definitely help you get this game going by playing short, and whatever else I could do to assist.
godsgift is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2011, 01:35 AM   #3939
godsgift
centurion
 
godsgift's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2010
Location: OCCUPY BENSALEM
Posts: 140
Re: PARX Poker Thread

10-25 nl, 15-30 and 30-60 lhe.....strong for 2 in the morn on a wednesday
godsgift is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2011, 02:57 AM   #3940
6MaxLHE
old hand
 
6MaxLHE's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Location: East Coast
Posts: 1,946
Re: PARX Poker Thread

Hopefully the 30 game never breaks
6MaxLHE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2011, 11:22 AM   #3941
JONATHANM
banned
 
JONATHANM's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Location: 911 9ff turbo please
Posts: 636
Re: PARX Poker Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by godsgift View Post
I would definitely play the 2-10, but ONLY if there are antes in the pot. The game plays way to small and nitty otherwise imo. You really use that rape term way too loosely and it is quite offensive/insensitive imho. I will definitely help you get this game going by playing short, and whatever else I could do to assist.
If I sit and not play 1 of the 20 or so hands we get per hr, that would be $20 in antes I just gave away. Sitting w/ $200, I would consider $20/hr semi rape at least.

Stud isn't an action game, simple as that. It plays how you want it to play. You just need to know how to build a pot w/out scaring people away, that is part of stud. If players want more money in pot there's always a 50/100 mix they can play. I still say $50+ pots would not be uncommon in a 2-10 7cs.

If I want forced bets, I'll play black jack. Or I'll get my BR to 20k and not worry about it. Until then , I prefer no antes in a smaller game like this.

Sorry I offended
JONATHANM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2011, 01:03 PM   #3942
BriMc
old hand
 
Join Date: Oct 2005
Location: Seat Change Button Please Dealer!
Posts: 1,467
Re: PARX Poker Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by JONATHANM View Post

Stud isn't an action game, simple as that.
Then why play?
BriMc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2011, 05:10 PM   #3943
SolidFish
journeyman
 
SolidFish's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2006
Posts: 328
Re: PARX Poker Thread

That 10-25 nl game was still running at 11am today when I checked the game report. Must've been a good game.
SolidFish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2011, 08:35 PM   #3944
pipes
banned
 
Join Date: May 2004
Location: Borgata
Posts: 2,340
Re: PARX Poker Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by BriMc View Post
Then why play?
Hold'em, stud, PLO...are all the same really, but they all need some initial juice in the pot to fight over.

Stud is a good game, but you need antes that are 15%-20% of the lower betting limit to get the real game imo
pipes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2011, 08:40 AM   #3945
cl0r0x70
veteran
 
cl0r0x70's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2006
Location: posting poker goals and challenges
Posts: 3,313
Re: PARX Poker Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by JONATHANM View Post
If I sit and not play 1 of the 20 or so hands we get per hr, that would be $20 in antes I just gave away. Sitting w/ $200, I would consider $20/hr semi rape at least.
It's not like we're talking about rake. . . the money isn't disappearing off the table. Higher antes are neutral-EV assuming you're adjusting accordingly and playing more hands. They do increase variance, pot size, etc. and punish nittiness.

Stud without antes is a truly awful game.
cl0r0x70 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2011, 09:44 AM   #3946
BriMc
old hand
 
Join Date: Oct 2005
Location: Seat Change Button Please Dealer!
Posts: 1,467
Re: PARX Poker Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by cl0r0x70 View Post

Stud without antes is a truly awful game.

Not if you're a nit who just wants to earn comps and free drinks!

This has to be one of my favorite things about Parx, they aren't fighting for the nit business like the AC rooms do, smart move imo.
BriMc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2011, 10:38 AM   #3947
Ari
Poker Room Rep
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Location: Parx
Posts: 190
Re: PARX Poker Thread

Hello All,

A couple of exciting things happening at parx:

1. Qualifying starts today for our $50,000 freeroll

2. Starting May 21st will introduce buy-in tournaments:

Tuesdays at 7pm $100+$20
Saturdays at 2pm $200+$30

We hope to see you soon

Ari
Ari is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2011, 02:07 PM   #3948
RDonovan
grinder
 
RDonovan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Posts: 546
Re: PARX Poker Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ari View Post
Hello All,

A couple of exciting things happening at parx:

1. Qualifying starts today for our $50,000 freeroll

2. Starting May 21st will introduce buy-in tournaments:

Tuesdays at 7pm $100+$20
Saturdays at 2pm $200+$30

We hope to see you soon

Ari
Sounds great Ari, Great choice on the buy in amounts...

Is it safe to assume that as tournaments progress you will be adding tournies daily ?
RDonovan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2011, 04:20 PM   #3949
perhaps
stranger
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Posts: 4
Re: PARX Poker Thread

so the only way to qualify for the free-roll is putting in time?
can't just buy in?
perhaps is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2011, 05:18 PM   #3950
JONATHANM
banned
 
JONATHANM's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Location: 911 9ff turbo please
Posts: 636
Re: PARX Poker Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by cl0r0x70 View Post
It's not like we're talking about rake. . . the money isn't disappearing off the table. Higher antes are neutral-EV assuming you're adjusting accordingly and playing more hands. They do increase variance, pot size, etc. and punish nittiness.

Stud without antes is a truly awful game.
I see what your saying and totally agree. Seriously though, does $8 or $9 really make a difference in the game? I mean does that $8 really juice up the game at all?

Now if we were playing a 25 game w/ $5 antes, $40-$45 preflop is a little different imo.

I just think the game is a bit too small for antes.

Stud is a nit game. Not sure why people keep trying to make it an action fest (I do , but I'd rather not offend the "moneymaker effect" generation). Like I said before, if you don't like the money in the pot at that stake then start a 10 or 25 game.

I think there should be a "dabble" stud game for those who don't want to play big. A 2-10 structure plays bigger then 1-5 but is easier to commit to(for the 1-5ers) because it looks as though it won't play as high as it actually does. This is one of the reasons I think it will not have problems running. Introduce the antes and you won't get the reg nits playing the nit game they have known for decades.

I want to play the guy who is thinking "...it's only $2-$4 more per street than I'm used to and I can win 50%-100% more per pot then I'm used to as well..."<<<< the same nit that thinks this (and is going to play regularly because of this thought) is the same nit that is not going to want $20 in forced bets per hour at this level. If he wanted forced bets he can try his luck at a $5 BJ or 3cp table.

You guys can do what you want. I just think you should give it a shot w/out antes and see how it goes. $8 isn't gonna make or break anyone ITT. I'm sure if the people that are considering this game ITT play, your not going to have to worry about small pots relative to the stake. There will be plenty of action w/ you guys. Good for you, good for the casino.

Do you want to play $50+ pots regularly, or do you want to complain about the $8 that isn't there? You need to build the player pool, and your not gonna get the players described above if you have antes in a game playing this low IMHO.
JONATHANM is offline   Reply With Quote

Reply
      

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off


Forum Jump


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 06:04 AM.


Powered by vBulletin®
Copyright ©2000 - 2021, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Copyright © 2008-2020, Two Plus Two Interactive