Two Plus Two Publishing LLC Two Plus Two Publishing LLC
 

Go Back   Two Plus Two Poker Forums > >

Venues & Communities Discussion of live, legal poker venues, and discussion among players in live poker "neighborhoods."

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-10-2010, 05:41 PM   #351
Phaedrus29
centurion
 
Phaedrus29's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: Philadelphia, PA
Posts: 163
Re: PARX Poker Thread

I cannot confirm this at all, but a dealer at Chester said he knows people at PARX and they are currently aiming for a Nov. opening and are only allowed to start the room with 25 tables. Again, this could be completely wrong, but I thought I'd pass on what I heard.
Phaedrus29 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2010, 05:47 PM   #352
pokaaface
banned
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
Location: laughing all the way to the bank
Posts: 726
Re: PARX Poker Thread

why would anyone believe or repeat something that a dealer says?
pokaaface is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2010, 05:55 PM   #353
Phaedrus29
centurion
 
Phaedrus29's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: Philadelphia, PA
Posts: 163
Re: PARX Poker Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by pokaaface View Post
why would anyone believe or repeat something that a dealer says?
Honestly, we haven't heard any updates in a while and I thought people would want to hear this and judge for themselves. If you want to completely disregard the info, which may be wise, go for it. I didn't pretend it was from a reliable source.

I suppose the hope is that someone with real information could let us know if this info is bogus.
Phaedrus29 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2010, 06:11 PM   #354
PALLADIN
journeyman
 
Join Date: Feb 2006
Posts: 277
Re: PARX Poker Thread

Fall, 2010 -- Anytime between the Equinoxes ---

September 23, 2010 and December 21, 2010 ---- wide range of possibilities.

Ari must be spending a lot of time in the box and at the BJ tables.


HGWT
PALLADIN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2010, 10:03 PM   #355
Ari
Poker Room Rep
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Location: Parx
Posts: 190
Re: PARX Poker Thread

Hi All,

I know that there is a lot of anticipation for the opening of our room, we are really excited as well. As I stated previously we are planning on sometime this October, and once I have a firm date, 2p2 will be one of the first to know.

Regards

Ari
Ari is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2010, 11:51 PM   #356
dealer1977
banned
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Posts: 76
Re: PARX Poker Thread

ari,

are u still looking for dealers? i applied online, and would like to come in for an audition if you are still hiring. it says youre looking for partime right now. im experienced and could start right away.
dealer1977 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2010, 02:44 AM   #357
RU609SJ
stranger
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
Posts: 1
Re: PARX Poker Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by dealer1977 View Post
ari,

are u still looking for dealers? i applied online, and would like to come in for an audition if you are still hiring. it says youre looking for partime right now. im experienced and could start right away.

Was wondering the same thing, 22 years old and have years cash-game experience in AC.
RU609SJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2010, 05:47 PM   #358
Lovesantiques
A Classic
 
Lovesantiques's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2007
Location: New Castle, Delaware
Posts: 3,879
Re: PARX Poker Thread

Just finished having a nice visit with Ari - and got to see where the poker room is going to be. HUGE space! Complete with restrooms right there and a bar - that should have sandwiches and snacks - right next to it. I'm not really sure what they are going to do with all the space, because as it is there is one heck of a lot of it!

Lots of room for expansion, in any event. And no need to worry about the tables being right next to each other, ala Harrah's Chester. They will be spread apart for easy walking around.

Ari tells me that they are planning on a late October opening. He and the rest of the Parx folk want to get it right, rather than see how fast they can get it at all. And considering the problems that other places have had with their openings, I applaud them for this.

One thing is for sure. From everything I've seen, and from what Ari told me, they are going first class all the way. No half-assed measures here. Very high quality on everything.

Planned games are limit HE with 4/8, 8/16, 15/30, 30/60 structures. NLHE of 1/2, 2/5, 5/10. Higher if demand warrants, of course. I didn't ask about stud and Omaha, so don't know what is being planned there. Probably depend on the demand from players.

One thing that is great about Ari is that he was actually a player first, long before he got into management. He really does care about us, and wants to keep players happy (while also having to keep in mind that the place is in business to make money, of course.)

I expect great things from this room.

One bump in the road: PA law mandates how many poker tables there can be, and it is a ratio of total table games. No idea why this is the case, because it makes no sense to me. But there it is. Right now, the max number of poker tables allowed is going to be 24.

However, Parx is planning a big table game expansion in December. Adding Baccarat and other games. So they will then be able to expand the poker room to at least 46 tables, maybe more. So the shortage of tables should only last a couple of months. We'll see. One thing is for sure, with all the space that they have, there won't be any question about finding room for more tables!

I for one am really looking forward to playing there!

Lee

Last edited by Lovesantiques; 08-16-2010 at 05:48 PM. Reason: Forgot to include the stud/omaha info.
Lovesantiques is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2010, 06:13 PM   #359
Grim Horse
grinder
 
Grim Horse's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Location: The other side of the monitor.
Posts: 517
Re: PARX Poker Thread

Woot, thanks for the info Lee.
Grim Horse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2010, 06:17 PM   #360
=VH= Fan
journeyman
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Location: Philadelphia, PA
Posts: 315
Re: PARX Poker Thread

Thanks for the post. I'm certainly willing to wait for the room to be done right, because if it's not it will probably take far longer to fix it than do it right the first time. Parx is only 20 minutes from my house, so I'm pretty stoked about the prospects of the new poker room.
=VH= Fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2010, 06:59 PM   #361
MacGuyV
Carpal \'Tunnel
 
MacGuyV's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2005
Posts: 22,298
Re: PARX Poker Thread

Sept and Oct are my favorite months of the year typically. It's going to be weird rooting for them to fly by.
MacGuyV is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2010, 07:04 PM   #362
bullseye180
centurion
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: New Jersey
Posts: 160
Re: PARX Poker Thread

Seems like the expectations are really high for the poker room.As a word of warning I have been going to that building for the racebook for over 20 years.They have never put the needs of the customer first.I too will visit for poker.Ari sounds like he wants to oblige the players.We will see real fast how much his hands may be tied.If its half of what is expected I will be surprised.
bullseye180 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2010, 07:04 PM   #363
UGotTheTouch
adept
 
UGotTheTouch's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Posts: 789
Re: PARX Poker Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lovesantiques View Post
Planned games are limit HE with 4/8, 8/16, 15/30, 30/60 structures.
Ah, 15/30... yum yum.
UGotTheTouch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2010, 08:08 PM   #364
cmurl904
adept
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Location: NJ
Posts: 977
Re: PARX Poker Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lovesantiques View Post
Planned games are limit HE with 4/8, 8/16, 15/30, 30/60 structures.
This is great news, maybe we'll see $2 chips also.

I wouldn't mind seeing the Parx room mimic the Venetian in terms of games offered, limits, etc.

4/8 (hopefully the lowest limit offered), 8/16, 15/30, 30/60 LHE
4/8 & 8/16 O8, 1/2 PLO
and maybe, just maybe 4/8 stud, & a 4/8 or 8/16 HOSE game.
cmurl904 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2010, 08:12 PM   #365
Ari
Poker Room Rep
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Location: Parx
Posts: 190
Re: PARX Poker Thread

Cmurl,

We are going down that exact direction, lets hope the players want to play those limits.

Ari
Ari is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2010, 10:31 PM   #366
GretasGun
centurion
 
GretasGun's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2005
Location: On Panic Tour
Posts: 147
Re: PARX Poker Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by cmurl904 View Post
This is great news, maybe we'll see $2 chips also.
I didn't think $2 chips are legal for gaming in PA?
GretasGun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2010, 09:26 AM   #367
fling85
journeyman
 
fling85's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Location: J.E.T.S. Jets Jets Jets
Posts: 261
Re: PARX Poker Thread

Thanks for the info. Can't wait till Oct-Nov opening..

Ari,

If not too late yet, may I suggest to have a Fung Shui expert advicing the layout of your interiors and tables. Hope this will bring you good luck and let Parx be the Dominate room in the east coast.
fling85 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2010, 10:07 AM   #368
Prodigy
adept
 
Join Date: Jun 2004
Posts: 848
Re: PARX Poker Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lovesantiques View Post
Just finished having a nice visit with Ari - and got to see where the poker room is going to be. HUGE space! Complete with restrooms right there and a bar - that should have sandwiches and snacks - right next to it. I'm not really sure what they are going to do with all the space, because as it is there is one heck of a lot of it!

Lots of room for expansion, in any event. And no need to worry about the tables being right next to each other, ala Harrah's Chester. They will be spread apart for easy walking around.

Ari tells me that they are planning on a late October opening. He and the rest of the Parx folk want to get it right, rather than see how fast they can get it at all. And considering the problems that other places have had with their openings, I applaud them for this.

One thing is for sure. From everything I've seen, and from what Ari told me, they are going first class all the way. No half-assed measures here. Very high quality on everything.

Planned games are limit HE with 4/8, 8/16, 15/30, 30/60 structures. NLHE of 1/2, 2/5, 5/10. Higher if demand warrants, of course. I didn't ask about stud and Omaha, so don't know what is being planned there. Probably depend on the demand from players.

One thing that is great about Ari is that he was actually a player first, long before he got into management. He really does care about us, and wants to keep players happy (while also having to keep in mind that the place is in business to make money, of course.)

I expect great things from this room.

One bump in the road: PA law mandates how many poker tables there can be, and it is a ratio of total table games. No idea why this is the case, because it makes no sense to me. But there it is. Right now, the max number of poker tables allowed is going to be 24.

However, Parx is planning a big table game expansion in December. Adding Baccarat and other games. So they will then be able to expand the poker room to at least 46 tables, maybe more. So the shortage of tables should only last a couple of months. We'll see. One thing is for sure, with all the space that they have, there won't be any question about finding room for more tables!

I for one am really looking forward to playing there!

Lee
Thanks for the update! I was wondering what part of PARX Casino they plan on having the poker room. I heard rumors that they were going to open the poker room where the old race track used to be. Any information on players comp? Will it be a check-in, check-out system like Borgata/Taj? The new check-in at table like Foxwoods and Delaware Park? I just hope whatever it is, they will have comp more than 20c/hr like they do at Delaware Park.

I really hope they get the limit games going at PARX and it doesn't become strictly a baby no-limit room like the harrah's properties in AC and th4 other new poker rooms that have opened nearby. I have a feeling that there is a good pool of limit poker players in the Philadelphia area. This is really going to hurt the clubs and private games in the Northeast area.

Last edited by Prodigy; 08-17-2010 at 10:08 AM. Reason: spelling.
Prodigy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2010, 12:31 PM   #369
Bishop22
veteran
 
Join Date: Oct 2005
Location: Dirty Jerz
Posts: 2,784
Re: PARX Poker Thread

With 24 tables you are going to swamped with pissed off players on long lists unless you actively plan for this with a partial rollout. Either focus on NL and rollout the other games after the expansion or foster your bigger games and LHE and don't offer 1-2NL until after the expansion. Just look at the number of posts in this thread compared to Harrah's Chester and this room is still months away. HC has a closer competitor and is still jammed, this room has twice the interest and the same number of tables. This room is going to be a disaster. I'll be waiting til after the expansion, and following this thread for a well-timed 'told ya so'.
Bishop22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2010, 01:47 PM   #370
FiftyOuts
enthusiast
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Posts: 85
Re: PARX Poker Thread

It's going to be really hard to be a premier poker room with 24 tables. There is going to a big demand for the lower limits games and its going to hard for management not to use the tables for those games. The bigger games will take longer to develop a waitlist. So it will be likely the tables will be filled with lower limit games. This is what's happening at Harrah's Chester.

I think PARX needs about 50 poker tables in order to absorb the demand and have high limit games. But I guess the hands are tied. This is really disappointing as PARX will be the closest poker room to me.
FiftyOuts is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2010, 01:50 PM   #371
Lovesantiques
A Classic
 
Lovesantiques's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2007
Location: New Castle, Delaware
Posts: 3,879
Re: PARX Poker Thread

As I said, the initially they can only have 24 tables. Sad but that's the law.

But, within a few weeks or 2 months, they'll have 46+ tables.

A little waiting can't be all bad, can it?

Me? I plan on playing there as much as I can.

Lee
Lovesantiques is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2010, 02:44 PM   #372
agent87
journeyman
 
Join Date: May 2007
Posts: 238
Re: PARX Poker Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lovesantiques View Post
As I said, the initially they can only have 24 tables. Sad but that's the law.

But, within a few weeks or 2 months, they'll have 46+ tables.

A little waiting can't be all bad, can it?

Me? I plan on playing there as much as I can.

Lee

Frankly, I think they should wait the extra 2 months to open if this is the case. First impressions are everything. If you screw it up at the beginning, it's very difficult, if not impossible, to ever get into good graces again. Also, some people will visit and see a long wait list of low limit games and no high limit games and then never come back again if they don't know the place is expanding. It's best to wait and do it right the first time.
agent87 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2010, 03:20 PM   #373
Grim Horse
grinder
 
Grim Horse's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Location: The other side of the monitor.
Posts: 517
Re: PARX Poker Thread

As long as they lock the number of 1/2NL games and focus all the tables they can on other games and stakes that should help. The other games are the ones that take fostering and work. It's not like you are going to turn off some 1/2NL players early on and not be able to get the game running again later on, which is the case with all other games and stakes.
Grim Horse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2010, 08:02 PM   #374
cmurl904
adept
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Location: NJ
Posts: 977
Re: PARX Poker Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grim Horse View Post
The other games are the ones that take fostering and work.
100% correct. Hopefully 4/8 will be the lowest limit, even it it's only 1 or 2 tables. This will save the tables that 2/4 & 3/6 occupy in a lot of rooms.

Hard to predict if they'll have a 'limit' on the # of 1/2 NL tables going at once.
Probably not, considering the demand for that game.

I know I keep harping on it but...the 4/8, 8/16, 15/30 limits are great, and let's pray for some stud, Omaha, and HOSE games @ Parx.
cmurl904 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2010, 09:12 PM   #375
Ari
Poker Room Rep
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Location: Parx
Posts: 190
Re: PARX Poker Thread

I never heard of a one hand penalty with checking the nuts on the river. I can not see that being a TDA rule, but they seem to update quite often.
Ari is offline   Reply With Quote

Reply
      

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off


Forum Jump


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 09:16 AM.


Powered by vBulletin®
Copyright ©2000 - 2021, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Copyright © 2008-2020, Two Plus Two Interactive