Two Plus Two Publishing LLC Two Plus Two Publishing LLC
 

Go Back   Two Plus Two Poker Forums > >

Venues & Communities Discussion of live, legal poker venues, and discussion among players in live poker "neighborhoods."

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-01-2011, 09:03 PM   #3701
agent87
journeyman
 
Join Date: May 2007
Posts: 238
Re: PARX Poker Thread

The fancy graph of games stopped updating last Thursday (http://www.taeyeonkim.com/parx/index.php?game=l1530)

jinyk - if you still read this thread, can you give us an ETA for a fix? I know a lot of people really appreciate that you've created this and like to use it to keep up with the status of the games.

On a related note - The Parx link (http://www.parxcasino.com/gamereport/) reports there are 3 $15-30 games are going right now. It seems Tuesday's are a popular day for mid-limit hold 'em.
agent87 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2011, 10:14 PM   #3702
pipes
banned
 
Join Date: May 2004
Location: Borgata
Posts: 2,340
Re: PARX Poker Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by BriMc View Post
No one was suggesting we play without an ante, just that Playing 7CS short is lame because there isn't as much in the pot to start and it kills the action.

I think its best to do what you did with the mix game, pick a day in advance so we can get at least 7-8 committed to play.

Bud, thanks for the assist. Yes, that's what I meant.

15/30 Stud; $2 ante; $5 bringin would be the structure I assume

Ok, I'll start a thread. I'll list a sign-up date for either this Friday or the next. If we get 7-8 committed, we will play.
pipes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2011, 10:24 PM   #3703
pipes
banned
 
Join Date: May 2004
Location: Borgata
Posts: 2,340
Re: PARX Poker Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by BriMc View Post
I think its best to do what you did with the mix game, pick a day in advance so we can get at least 7-8 committed to play.
Bri, Troll...started a new thread..put you guys down for both March 4th and March 11th..if I should adjust that, let me know
pipes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2011, 10:50 PM   #3704
kirbymontor
journeyman
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Posts: 360
Re: PARX Poker Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by Phaedrus29 View Post
Def becoming more regular. We had a great game that started short around 8pm on Saturday, actually filled up to a FULL table for a while, and played all through the night until 3pm on Sunday afternoon! OK maybe we can't expect that length every weekend, but it seems the game is certainly picking up steam. $10 chips please!
Thats great to hear but I doubt I would be willing or able to play until the mid-day sun came up the next day. Thankfully those days in long behind me!
kirbymontor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2011, 10:53 PM   #3705
ActionBob
adept
 
ActionBob's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2002
Location: Borgata final tables...
Posts: 919
Re: PARX Poker Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by Phaedrus29 View Post
Def becoming more regular. We had a great game that started short around 8pm on Saturday, actually filled up to a FULL table for a while, and played all through the night until 3pm on Sunday afternoon! OK maybe we can't expect that length every weekend, but it seems the game is certainly picking up steam. $10 chips please!
Three 15-30 games on a Tuesday is actually pretty impressive. I haven't been here yet but I'd surely check it out if a 30-60 game was going on a Tuesday. Is there a reasonable chance that this would happen anytime soon?

-ActionBob
ActionBob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2011, 11:03 PM   #3706
kirbymontor
journeyman
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Posts: 360
Re: PARX Poker Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by ActionBob View Post
Three 15-30 games on a Tuesday is actually pretty impressive. I haven't been here yet but I'd surely check it out if a 30-60 game was going on a Tuesday. Is there a reasonable chance that this would happen anytime soon?

-ActionBob
I'm sure out of those 3 15/30 games you could get at least 6 players to start a 30-60 game. I'm just not sure the game would run that long on a school night.

Last edited by kirbymontor; 03-01-2011 at 11:04 PM. Reason: addition
kirbymontor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2011, 11:43 PM   #3707
sam_buca
newbie
 
Join Date: Nov 2010
Posts: 25
Re: PARX Poker Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by BriMc View Post
No one was suggesting we play without an ante, just that Playing 7CS short is lame because there isn't as much in the pot to start and it kills the action.

I think its best to do what you did with the mix game, pick a day in advance so we can get at least 7-8 committed to play.
Why not on Saturday?
sam_buca is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2011, 02:18 AM   #3708
pipes
banned
 
Join Date: May 2004
Location: Borgata
Posts: 2,340
Re: PARX Poker Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by sam_buca View Post
Why not on Saturday?
I chose the next two Fridays as possible dates for the selfish reason that I can't make it the next two Saturdays.

But we will probably try a Saturday if we can't get anything going the next few weeks.
pipes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2011, 07:35 AM   #3709
sam_buca
newbie
 
Join Date: Nov 2010
Posts: 25
Re: PARX Poker Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by pipes View Post
I chose the next two Fridays as possible dates for the selfish reason that I can't make it the next two Saturdays.

But we will probably try a Saturday if we can't get anything going the next few weeks.
I'm very interested,but Fridays are out for me because of my work schedule.
sam_buca is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2011, 09:05 AM   #3710
Troll_Inc
Ninja Tarp Inventor
 
Troll_Inc's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Location: Falling asleep in SE
Posts: 4,187
Re: PARX Poker Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by agent87 View Post
The fancy graph of games stopped updating last Thursday (http://www.taeyeonkim.com/parx/index.php?game=l1530)

jinyk - if you still read this thread, can you give us an ETA for a fix? I know a lot of people really appreciate that you've created this and like to use it to keep up with the status of the games.

On a related note - The Parx link (http://www.parxcasino.com/gamereport/) reports there are 3 $15-30 games are going right now. It seems Tuesday's are a popular day for mid-limit hold 'em.
Both are probably related to this link: http://i.parxcasino.com/gamereport.php
going down last Thursday. On a mobile, I like the i.parx link better.
Troll_Inc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2011, 12:35 PM   #3711
BriMc
old hand
 
Join Date: Oct 2005
Location: Seat Change Button Please Dealer!
Posts: 1,467
Re: PARX Poker Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by pipes View Post
I chose the next two Fridays as possible dates for the selfish reason that I can't make it the next two Saturdays.

But we will probably try a Saturday if we can't get anything going the next few weeks.
I'm in for Friday or Saturday, anytime, don't care just need to know in advance.
BriMc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2011, 08:30 PM   #3712
hobokes
Carpal \'Tunnel
 
hobokes's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2008
Location: @hobokes
Posts: 6,342
Re: PARX Poker Thread

Is anyone heading to parx tonite to play anything interesting? plo, ha, mix-game? Considering making a quick trip tonite
hobokes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2011, 08:44 PM   #3713
pipes
banned
 
Join Date: May 2004
Location: Borgata
Posts: 2,340
Re: PARX Poker Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by sam_buca View Post
I'm very interested,but Fridays are out for me because of my work schedule.
ok, cool..like I said the next two Saturdays are filled for me but otherwise I'd be up for playing

But I'm hoping this game sprouts once the word is out. Always the possibility for that. It's limit stud on the East Coast. There are regular games at Taj, Borg, and Foxwoods..no reason why Parx can't have that as well.

Think more people would drop in on this then they would PLO
pipes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2011, 12:08 AM   #3714
sam_buca
newbie
 
Join Date: Nov 2010
Posts: 25
Re: PARX Poker Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by pipes View Post
ok, cool..like I said the next two Saturdays are filled for me but otherwise I'd be up for playing

But I'm hoping this game sprouts once the word is out. Always the possibility for that. It's limit stud on the East Coast. There are regular games at Taj, Borg, and Foxwoods..no reason why Parx can't have that as well.

Think more people would drop in on this then they would PLO
Saturdays are always better for fresh meat. Its been like that for years in A.C.
sam_buca is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2011, 04:27 PM   #3715
Grim Horse
grinder
 
Grim Horse's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Location: The other side of the monitor.
Posts: 517
Re: PARX Poker Thread

$15-30 Stud/ 5-10NL 1 o.0
Grim Horse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2011, 04:53 PM   #3716
Ari
Poker Room Rep
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Location: Parx
Posts: 190
Re: PARX Poker Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grim Horse View Post
$15-30 Stud/ 5-10NL 1 o.0
The 5-10 NL players decided to play this as they waited the game to fill up. Seems like a good way to convert NL players to Stud!!
Ari is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2011, 08:32 PM   #3717
cmurl904
adept
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Location: NJ
Posts: 977
Re: PARX Poker Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ari View Post
The 5-10 NL players decided to play this as they waited the game to fill up. Seems like a good way to convert NL players to Stud!!
Ari, would you consider adding 6/12 stud ($1 ante/$2 BI) to the waitlist ?
Seems like nobody wanted to try 8/16 stud.
cmurl904 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2011, 09:06 PM   #3718
godsgift
centurion
 
godsgift's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2010
Location: OCCUPY BENSALEM
Posts: 140
Re: PARX Poker Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grim Horse View Post
$15-30 Stud/ 5-10NL 1 o.0
Now it's 30/60 stud and 5/10 nlh
godsgift is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2011, 09:58 PM   #3719
pipes
banned
 
Join Date: May 2004
Location: Borgata
Posts: 2,340
Re: PARX Poker Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by godsgift View Post
Now it's 30/60 stud and 5/10 nlh
lol nice, sick game..I have never seen a mix like that before
pipes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2011, 02:26 AM   #3720
my1ifesavins
journeyman
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Posts: 235
Re: PARX Poker Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ari View Post
The 5-10 NL players decided to play this as they waited the game to fill up. Seems like a good way to convert NL players to Stud!!
What a ridiculous mix it was. We were doing 2 rounds of stud 1 round of nl all day. I had a blast running hot in stud having no idea what was going on. I doubt this will stick but was fun to do something different, maybe it will start an independent stud game or something.
my1ifesavins is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2011, 02:30 AM   #3721
Grim Horse
grinder
 
Grim Horse's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Location: The other side of the monitor.
Posts: 517
Re: PARX Poker Thread

Looks like the action is moving up
$50-100 Stud/ 5-10NL 1
Grim Horse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2011, 11:03 AM   #3722
jeremyK
stranger
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Location: Philadelphia
Posts: 12
Re: PARX Poker Thread

First time post here, wish me luck!!

Parx is obviously a great cardroom, with plenty of game selection available (5 2-5NL on Monday at 2pm) However all this thread is becoming is the same 4 guys talking about how much they want to play PLO and how they cant start the game until they fix the potholes! Its getting quite annoying. Nothing wrong at all with PLO talk. (I want to learn the game, and you want my donkeyness in the game) However, I think the incessant PLO talk and pothole talk is seriously turning people away from this thread and thus turning them away from the poker room. Its a great room for all types of games, lets continue to discuss the great game selection, the great job Ari and his stuff are doing to own the east coast poker scene, and the many mistakes we all make throughout a session!
Also Friday evening is a HUGE sushi bar. People just getting paid and can't wait to donk it off with TPTK!

First post finished
JK
jeremyK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2011, 01:59 PM   #3723
IFSATG
adept
 
IFSATG's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Location: Searchn4Lite NtheDarknessOfInsanity
Posts: 714
Re: PARX Poker Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by ActionBob View Post
Three 15-30 games on a Tuesday is actually pretty impressive. I haven't been here yet but I'd surely check it out if a 30-60 game was going on a Tuesday. Is there a reasonable chance that this would happen anytime soon?

-ActionBob
Bob, I'll fill you in more, next week in AC, but the room continues to grow and the large part of that growth continues to be at the higher stakes

There is still some brittleness, especially during the week. The 15 game is the feature limit game, however, the 30 game is gaining traction. I expect that by summer (even as soon as once tournaments become staples) that you will see more growth. Multiple 15 games is a very good sign indeed.

You'll have to follow the game reports closely and check in with the floor for a real-time status during the week. I still have not yet detected a pattern during the week. Other than it's growing and the higher limits are benefiting well from that.

BTW... I bumped into Mordecai there last week. We sat 8-16 while waiting for 15. Had a blast. He can't make it this year and asked me to pass on hello's.

See ya at the Taj!
IFSATG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2011, 02:24 PM   #3724
trw5027
stranger
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Posts: 1
Re: PARX Poker Thread

Going to take my first trip to PARX this weekend since it is a closer to NYC than AC. Just have a few quick questions since I will be going with my fiancee and sister and want them to keep busy while I play poker.

1. Do they still offer free play dollars when you sign up for a card and show any AC players card? Is this good with any AC Casino Card and good on Saturday?

2. Are drinks free in the main casino where slots are located? (Free drinks will keep the ladies busy while I play poker)

Sorry if these questions have been answered but I read through around the first 100 pages of this thread the last few weeks and was just hoping for a quick response before I head to PARX tomorrow. Plus you will probably want me at your table since I am a fish.
trw5027 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2011, 05:32 PM   #3725
Ari
Poker Room Rep
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Location: Parx
Posts: 190
Re: PARX Poker Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by cmurl904 View Post
Ari, would you consider adding 6/12 stud ($1 ante/$2 BI) to the waitlist ?
Seems like nobody wanted to try 8/16 stud.
Absolutely!
Ari is offline   Reply With Quote

Reply
      

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off


Forum Jump


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 06:44 AM.


Powered by vBulletin®
Copyright ©2000 - 2021, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Copyright © 2008-2020, Two Plus Two Interactive