Two Plus Two Publishing LLC Two Plus Two Publishing LLC
 

Go Back   Two Plus Two Poker Forums > >

Venues & Communities Discussion of live, legal poker venues, and discussion among players in live poker "neighborhoods."

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-18-2011, 03:01 PM   #3476
IFSATG
adept
 
IFSATG's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Location: Searchn4Lite NtheDarknessOfInsanity
Posts: 714
Re: PARX Poker Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by MacGuyV View Post
Definitely reg infested but you must have a more liberal definition of Laggy than me; it plays a lot like Borg 10/20 imo.
I stopped playing the Borg's 10 game a while ago. It was a POS. Maybe it has changed since then.

My last 3 sessions of 8 here at Parx were very LAGGY, until the regs in question left - then it became quite passive.
IFSATG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2011, 03:06 PM   #3477
ship_it_trebek
Pooh-Bah
 
ship_it_trebek's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Location: V is a Roman numeral
Posts: 3,891
Re: PARX Poker Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chaosti View Post
When you first get carded, just ask for a wristband, and you won't be bothered again.
I have gotten the wristband before and still gotten carded. They cited the fact that I could have taped it on in the parking lot when i asked about it. Why give it out in the first place then?
ship_it_trebek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2011, 03:35 PM   #3478
Cal Lightman
newbie
 
Cal Lightman's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2011
Posts: 29
Re: PARX Poker Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by IFSATG View Post
And, the problem with that is??????????

IMO - that is a GREAT game. 5 limpers, then a raise - and they all call. Aiy-Ya!!! Sure, TPTK doesn't hold up much. But, your multi-way hands will almost always get the right price and when you win - you need a backhoe to collect the chips.

Adjust your play man. You just described a collection of human-ATM's.

The 4-8 game at Parx is a money maker, if played correctly.

You'd rather play in a limit game with 2-3 seeing the flop? Raise & take it? Almost every hand raised pre-flop? That's too much work

Take the free money!
I had only played a 4-8 at Bellagio, I had a client right outside of Vegas that I visited quarterly and would spend every nite playing, it was a very aggressive game.. So when I sat at Parx I didn’t expect so many limp\callers, 5-6 to a flop.. The hands played, the hands at show down..

The night did start out really yummy. I was up almost 130 within the first 3 hours, and thought I found my new game.. Then came the flood.. I won’t go through every bad beat (who wants to listen) but I ended up with gas money at the end of the night, around 40-45. Looked so promising, I guess I really shouldn’t judge\write off the 4-8 from that single session...

In the long run, you're right a table like that is a dream. I still have nightmares from that nite...

3 Tables running already, guess it’s an option for tonight, depending on the 8-16…
Cal Lightman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2011, 03:37 PM   #3479
Chaosti
centurion
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Posts: 167
Re: PARX Poker Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by ship_it_trebek View Post
I have gotten the wristband before and still gotten carded. They cited the fact that I could have taped it on in the parking lot when i asked about it. Why give it out in the first place then?
Wow...I've never encountered that, and I'm always getting carded due to having a youngish face. I just flash the wristband and good to go. That kinda sucks that the wristband isn't respected for you, generic though they may be. If they're really worried about that, then they should invest in some stamps.
Chaosti is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2011, 03:58 PM   #3480
IFSATG
adept
 
IFSATG's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Location: Searchn4Lite NtheDarknessOfInsanity
Posts: 714
Re: PARX Poker Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cal Lightman View Post
I had only played a 4-8 at Bellagio, I had a client right outside of Vegas that I visited quarterly and would spend every nite playing, it was a very aggressive game.. So when I sat at Parx I didn’t expect so many limp\callers, 5-6 to a flop.. The hands played, the hands at show down..

The night did start out really yummy. I was up almost 130 within the first 3 hours, and thought I found my new game.. Then came the flood.. I won’t go through every bad beat (who wants to listen) but I ended up with gas money at the end of the night, around 40-45. Looked so promising, I guess I really shouldn’t judge\write off the 4-8 from that single session...

In the long run, you're right a table like that is a dream. I still have nightmares from that nite...

3 Tables running already, guess it’s an option for tonight, depending on the 8-16…
I used to play the Bellagio 4 game all the time, while waiting for a seat in the 15 or 30. I have even left a bad 15 game to sit in the 4 That game is usually always good and they have several tables to choose from on most days/nights.

Parx's 4-8 does play a little softer. Variance, as you noted, can be high. The problem with LL games, is the amount of money going down the hole and off the table. With Parx's $5/rake + $1 toke, you can lose up to $150/hour off the table. It's still not unbeatable, however. You just need to adjust play.

I think I'll be at Parx tonight. If the 8 game sucks - I will sit 4-8 (happily)
IFSATG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2011, 04:05 PM   #3481
Pippen33
veteran
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Posts: 2,063
Re: PARX Poker Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kevliggidy View Post
$175 for a mid-week tourny. Deflated me as well. Was definitely not expecting that. :/
Really?

I'm a huge fan of this. It's $150+25 which is VERY VERY good value for a daily tourney.

$100 + 20 is industry standard.

I'd MUCH rather pay $5 more juice with $50 more going to the prize pool any day. I vigorously applaud Ari and PARX for that decision...should it remain that way.

Are people hoping for something like $65 tourneys ($50 + $15)?
Pippen33 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2011, 04:08 PM   #3482
Pippen33
veteran
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Posts: 2,063
Re: PARX Poker Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by IFSATG View Post
I used to play the Bellagio 4 game all the time, while waiting for a seat in the 15 or 30. I have even left a bad 15 game to sit in the 4 That game is usually always good and they have several tables to choose from on most days/nights.

Parx's 4-8 does play a little softer. Variance, as you noted, can be high. The problem with LL games, is the amount of money going down the hole and off the table. With Parx's $5/rake + $1 toke, you can lose up to $150/hour off the table. It's still not unbeatable, however. You just need to adjust play.

I think I'll be at Parx tonight. If the 8 game sucks - I will sit 4-8 (happily)
I read this and was like whaaaa whaaa whaaaaaaaat?!?!?! 8 game? YES!

Thinking HORSE + NLHE + PLO + something

Then I realized it's code for 8-16.

I was grinding at PARX last night and didn't get to sleep til 3am...then back up at 7:30 for work. Forgive me
Pippen33 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2011, 04:34 PM   #3483
gamble
grinder
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: NYC
Posts: 476
Re: PARX Poker Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pippen33 View Post
Really?
Are people hoping for something like $65 tourneys ($50 + $15)?
Sure hope not, love the bigger buy in tourneys. Coincidentally, I'm not a fan of 2/4 limit
gamble is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2011, 04:38 PM   #3484
Cal Lightman
newbie
 
Cal Lightman's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2011
Posts: 29
Re: PARX Poker Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by IFSATG View Post

With Parx's $5/rake + $1 toke, you can lose up to $150/hour off the table. It's still not unbeatable, however. You just need to adjust play.

I think I'll be at Parx tonight. If the 8 game sucks - I will sit 4-8 (happily)
I'd offer to buy you an adult beverage or two, but if I drank and was buying you a few, I think I would need to win more than my gas money from last time to just break even..

Is coffee free there? I didnt know until I started on 2+2 the water was $ 1.00. Here I was thinking I was tipping the girl with a buck, had no idea...
Cal Lightman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2011, 04:46 PM   #3485
joe12286
adept
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Posts: 1,012
Re: PARX Poker Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cal Lightman View Post
I'd offer to buy you an adult beverage or two, but if I drank and was buying you a few, I think I would need to win more than my gas money from last time to just break even..

Is coffee free there? I didnt know until I started on 2+2 the water was $ 1.00. Here I was thinking I was tipping the girl with a buck, had no idea...
anyone confirm/deny? if that's true i've been stiffing them too.
joe12286 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2011, 04:47 PM   #3486
Pippen33
veteran
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Posts: 2,063
Re: PARX Poker Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by gamble View Post
Sure hope not, love the bigger buy in tourneys. Coincidentally, I'm not a fan of 2/4 limit
I don't mind them running a 50+10 or 65+15 or whatever on 1 or 2 nights a week.

I understand that people don't always have 175+ to burn

But I'm def a huge fan of $150+25 and plan on playing it as much as possible

Don't start the 2/4 argument again! haha
Pippen33 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2011, 05:14 PM   #3487
Ari
Poker Room Rep
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Location: Parx
Posts: 190
Re: PARX Poker Thread

Thank you for all of the feedback about tournament buy-ins. We are about to begin planning a major event in the summer......details to follow!!!!!
Ari is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2011, 05:14 PM   #3488
IFSATG
adept
 
IFSATG's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Location: Searchn4Lite NtheDarknessOfInsanity
Posts: 714
Re: PARX Poker Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cal Lightman View Post
I'd offer to buy you an adult beverage or two, but if I drank and was buying you a few, I think I would need to win more than my gas money from last time to just break even..

Is coffee free there? I didnt know until I started on 2+2 the water was $ 1.00. Here I was thinking I was tipping the girl with a buck, had no idea...
Like coffee - water is also free. Give the cutie a buck and smile
IFSATG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2011, 05:17 PM   #3489
Kevliggidy
newbie
 
Join Date: Sep 2010
Posts: 17
Re: PARX Poker Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pippen33 View Post
Really?

I'm a huge fan of this. It's $150+25 which is VERY VERY good value for a daily tourney.

$100 + 20 is industry standard.

I'd MUCH rather pay $5 more juice with $50 more going to the prize pool any day. I vigorously applaud Ari and PARX for that decision...should it remain that way.

Are people hoping for something like $65 tourneys ($50 + $15)?
I'm sure it's good value but it doesn't get those like me into the door. Hopefully this is the first step and when the schedule is complete (true "daily" tournaments) there will be lower options.
Kevliggidy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2011, 05:21 PM   #3490
spacecakezzz
old hand
 
spacecakezzz's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Posts: 1,932
Re: PARX Poker Thread

just play every other week til you bink...$100 tourneys with a $20 rake are practically unbeatable...I still don't get why live casinos charge more than 10% juice but $150 + $25 is waaaay better than 100 + 20
spacecakezzz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2011, 05:29 PM   #3491
IFSATG
adept
 
IFSATG's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Location: Searchn4Lite NtheDarknessOfInsanity
Posts: 714
Re: PARX Poker Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gene Fish View Post
I still don't get why live casinos charge more than 10% juice
Why does a dog lick his balls?
IFSATG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2011, 05:33 PM   #3492
Cal Lightman
newbie
 
Cal Lightman's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2011
Posts: 29
Re: PARX Poker Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by IFSATG View Post
Like coffee - water is also free. Give the cutie a buck and smile
MY MISTAKE.. Thought I had read they charged for water...

And those beauties are worth it!!!!
Cal Lightman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2011, 06:56 PM   #3493
pipes
banned
 
Join Date: May 2004
Location: Borgata
Posts: 2,340
Re: PARX Poker Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pippen33 View Post
I read this and was like whaaaa whaaa whaaaaaaaat?!?!?! 8 game? YES!

Thinking HORSE + NLHE + PLO + something

Then I realized it's code for 8-16.

I was grinding at PARX last night and didn't get to sleep til 3am...then back up at 7:30 for work. Forgive me
that something could be PL 5CD..it's legal
pipes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2011, 07:06 PM   #3494
Phaedrus29
centurion
 
Phaedrus29's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: Philadelphia, PA
Posts: 163
Re: PARX Poker Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by pipes View Post
that something could be PL 5CD..it's legal
Need something to replace the R too unfortunately.
Phaedrus29 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2011, 07:21 PM   #3495
pipes
banned
 
Join Date: May 2004
Location: Borgata
Posts: 2,340
Re: PARX Poker Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by Phaedrus29 View Post
Need something to replace the R too unfortunately.
A-5 single draw..of course that game blows prob
pipes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2011, 07:45 PM   #3496
cmurl904
adept
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Location: NJ
Posts: 977
Re: PARX Poker Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by IFSATG View Post
If only it was like the old Borg 6/12 <sigh> that was a great game!!!
Yes it was. I'm still surprised that game died out...
cmurl904 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2011, 09:58 PM   #3497
ship_it_trebek
Pooh-Bah
 
ship_it_trebek's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Location: V is a Roman numeral
Posts: 3,891
Re: PARX Poker Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chaosti View Post
Wow...I've never encountered that, and I'm always getting carded due to having a youngish face. I just flash the wristband and good to go. That kinda sucks that the wristband isn't respected for you, generic though they may be. If they're really worried about that, then they should invest in some stamps.
It was only one time, the only time I had the stamp at the Borgata actually the same thing happened. It's hardly an inconvenience to be carded (besides the >50 crowd's perpetual joking WHY DIDN'T YOU CARD ME HAHA) I just saw no point to these measures if they aren't respected.
ship_it_trebek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2011, 11:49 PM   #3498
spike420211
banned
 
spike420211's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: putting that s**t on everything
Posts: 9,515
Re: PARX Poker Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by pipes View Post
A-5 single draw..of course that game blows prob
w/o the joker it does.
Isn't 2-7, single or triple draw, legal in PA?
spike420211 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2011, 12:57 AM   #3499
pipes
banned
 
Join Date: May 2004
Location: Borgata
Posts: 2,340
Re: PARX Poker Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by spike420211 View Post
w/o the joker it does.
Isn't 2-7, single or triple draw, legal in PA?
Think you can play 2-7 single draw. But not 2-7 TDL.
pipes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2011, 07:43 AM   #3500
seltzerwithlemon
enthusiast
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Posts: 76
Re: PARX Poker Thread

any PLO or HA games go off early on a Saturday? want to check this room out, but not going to make the drive to play 2-5nl. Thanks in advance
seltzerwithlemon is offline   Reply With Quote

Reply
      

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off


Forum Jump


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 10:51 AM.


Powered by vBulletin®
Copyright ©2000 - 2021, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Copyright © 2008-2020, Two Plus Two Interactive