Two Plus Two Publishing LLC Two Plus Two Publishing LLC
 

Go Back   Two Plus Two Poker Forums > >

Venues & Communities Discussion of live, legal poker venues, and discussion among players in live poker "neighborhoods."

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-11-2011, 02:57 PM   #3351
Coasterbrad
veteran
 
Coasterbrad's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
Posts: 2,712
Re: PARX Poker Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by Katman View Post
The way I'm reading it.....you need 60+ hours in April.


"Qualify for the freeroll April 1st to April 30th."

Oh, reading comprehension ftw. Forget any chance of that for me then.
Coasterbrad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2011, 03:28 PM   #3352
Ari
Poker Room Rep
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Location: Parx
Posts: 190
Re: PARX Poker Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by AEPpoker View Post
obviously you guys' call but dont you think theres an advantage starting some kind of tournament schedule in time for the chester wsopc given all the people likely to be in town for it?
Getting approval for such takes a bit of time.
Ari is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2011, 03:39 PM   #3353
profELMO
adept
 
profELMO's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Posts: 727
Re: PARX Poker Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ari View Post
We just submitted for our first tournament to be a $50,000 freeroll tournament on May 17th, with regular tournaments starting the next day.

Qualify for the freeroll April 1st to April 30th.

60-79 hours 10k in chips
80-99 hours 12k in chips
100+ hours 15k in chips

We are really looking forward to getting to the next level. We plan on having a Wednesday 7pm and a Saturday 2pm (buy-ins yet to be determined).

Ari
Was thinking "sweet I've already logged like 50 hours" but then read its gotta be between april 1st and 30th.. no big, i'll just have to put in work then.

Really excited for this anyway. Any idea on the structure yet?

Also question about the card. Can I just use it to pay for things or do I have to cash out a certain amount of points first? Some guy I was playing with said last week said you have to cash out points and then you have 24 hrs to spend it. confirm/deny?
profELMO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2011, 04:03 PM   #3354
BriMc
old hand
 
Join Date: Oct 2005
Location: Seat Change Button Please Dealer!
Posts: 1,467
Re: PARX Poker Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by profELMO View Post
Was thinking "sweet I've already logged like 50 hours" but then read its gotta be between april 1st and 30th.. no big, i'll just have to put in work then.

Really excited for this anyway. Any idea on the structure yet?

Also question about the card. Can I just use it to pay for things or do I have to cash out a certain amount of points first? Some guy I was playing with said last week said you have to cash out points and then you have 24 hrs to spend it. confirm/deny?
Some guy was right, and I'm sure this has been discussed in the thread several times.
BriMc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2011, 04:28 PM   #3355
acdawg712
veteran
 
acdawg712's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2005
Location: Dust
Posts: 2,165
Re: PARX Poker Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by BriMc View Post
Some guy was right, and I'm sure this has been discussed in the thread several times.
There are kiosks now to the right of the desk(the one on the side of the room next to cashier) that track your comps, pretty sure you can print from there but not sure. You have to print out comps for all HET/CET properties, which I find annoying, so please put the comps on the card Borgata style!
acdawg712 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2011, 05:06 PM   #3356
BriMc
old hand
 
Join Date: Oct 2005
Location: Seat Change Button Please Dealer!
Posts: 1,467
Re: PARX Poker Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by acdawg712 View Post
There are kiosks now to the right of the desk(the one on the side of the room next to cashier) that track your comps, pretty sure you can print from there but not sure. You have to print out comps for all HET/CET properties, which I find annoying, so please put the comps on the card Borgata style!
You don't need to print anything, you just go up to the desk and give the floor your card and tell them how much you want on the card. Then go spend it, I think you have 24 or 48 hours before what they put on expires.
BriMc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2011, 05:18 PM   #3357
Ari
Poker Room Rep
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Location: Parx
Posts: 190
Re: PARX Poker Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by acdawg712 View Post
There are kiosks now to the right of the desk(the one on the side of the room next to cashier) that track your comps, pretty sure you can print from there but not sure. You have to print out comps for all HET/CET properties, which I find annoying, so please put the comps on the card Borgata style!
We are working towards it, but we are not quite sure when this will happen.

Thank you

Ari
Ari is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2011, 08:06 PM   #3358
Richyrich9987
adept
 
Richyrich9987's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2010
Posts: 1,159
Re: PARX Poker Thread

Sorry if this has already been asked:

Will there be S&Gs or just a regular tourny schedule
Richyrich9987 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2011, 11:33 PM   #3359
Ari
Poker Room Rep
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Location: Parx
Posts: 190
Re: PARX Poker Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by Richyrich9987 View Post
Sorry if this has already been asked:

Will there be S&Gs or just a regular tourny schedule
Just regular tournaments to start
Ari is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2011, 03:52 AM   #3360
Lovesantiques
A Classic
 
Lovesantiques's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2007
Location: New Castle, Delaware
Posts: 3,879
Re: PARX Poker Thread

Sorry for my error on the amount. I misheard the number.

Lee
Lovesantiques is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2011, 05:24 AM   #3361
JONATHANM
banned
 
JONATHANM's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Location: 911 9ff turbo please
Posts: 636
Re: PARX Poker Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ari View Post
We just submitted for our first tournament to be a $50,000 freeroll tournament on May 17th, with regular tournaments starting the next day.

Qualify for the freeroll April 1st to April 30th.

60-79 hours 10k in chips
80-99 hours 12k in chips
100+ hours 15k in chips

We are really looking forward to getting to the next level. We plan on having a Wednesday 7pm and a Saturday 2pm (buy-ins yet to be determined).

Ari
This is beautiful. Thank you Ari. I'm going to be short stacked...lol.

Any chance of posting a structure?

Looking forward to catching the second wave (of fish) into the pool once these tournaments kick off. 100 tables here we come!!
JONATHANM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2011, 01:04 AM   #3362
Coasterbrad
veteran
 
Coasterbrad's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
Posts: 2,712
Re: PARX Poker Thread

Just put in a 6 hour session at Parx 1/2. As always, great room. All but one dealer were very efficient and the game was pretty soft. Sat down with 200, got up to 540, and left with 78. Played well but ran like crap.

There is now a short wall around the section of tables beyond the cage. Is this the high limit area or are you going to use that for tournaments?
Coasterbrad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2011, 01:22 AM   #3363
phenom.36
grinder
 
phenom.36's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Location: The Moment
Posts: 427
Re: PARX Poker Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by Coasterbrad View Post
Just put in a 6 hour session at Parx 1/2. As always, great room. All but one dealer were very efficient and the game was pretty soft. Sat down with 200, got up to 540, and left with 78. Played well but ran like crap.

There is now a short wall around the section of tables beyond the cage. Is this the high limit area or are you going to use that for tournaments?
High-limit area iirc, although the 1/2 game I was a part of was running there Friday night since they needed the table.
phenom.36 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2011, 01:25 AM   #3364
Coasterbrad
veteran
 
Coasterbrad's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
Posts: 2,712
Re: PARX Poker Thread

^Ok, thanks for the info.

Was anybody at the table in front of the bar when there was an argument and a guy apparently pulled a switch blade form his pocket? I heard the extended argument but didn't see anything. I was at the table right behind though and the yelling was somewhat entertaining.
Coasterbrad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2011, 10:36 AM   #3365
IFSATG
adept
 
IFSATG's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Location: Searchn4Lite NtheDarknessOfInsanity
Posts: 714
Re: PARX Poker Thread

Are you the fish in the game, when you rack up and leave... and the game immediately breaks? <sigh>

Had a fun table at 8-16 last night. It was good seeing a very old & dear friend, who I haven't played cards with in several years. And, I also met a couple other nice folks in that game, too!

I wish that game was less brittle. We were off/on short all night and when I left around 11PM, the game broke. For a Saturday night... we should have had at least 2 tables going.
IFSATG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2011, 11:11 AM   #3366
profELMO
adept
 
profELMO's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Posts: 727
Re: PARX Poker Thread

just got back from a 14hr session at 1/2.. ended up down $200. I'm such a degen.
profELMO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2011, 11:41 AM   #3367
RDonovan
grinder
 
RDonovan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Posts: 546
Re: PARX Poker Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by phenom.36 View Post
High-limit area iirc, although the 1/2 game I was a part of was running there Friday night since they needed the table.
How cool is that, I was at that table Friday night too. I was in seat 6, where were you sitting ?
RDonovan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2011, 12:15 PM   #3368
Coasterbrad
veteran
 
Coasterbrad's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
Posts: 2,712
Re: PARX Poker Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by IFSATG View Post
Are you the fish in the game, when you rack up and leave... and the game immediately breaks? <sigh>
Me? No, lol.
Coasterbrad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2011, 12:35 PM   #3369
Wordup8801
newbie
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Posts: 38
Re: PARX Poker Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by Coasterbrad View Post
^Ok, thanks for the info.

Was anybody at the table in front of the bar when there was an argument and a guy apparently pulled a switch blade form his pocket? I heard the extended argument but didn't see anything. I was at the table right behind though and the yelling was somewhat entertaining.
Was this around 8 or 9? Big, drunk black guy with kind of a weird fauxhawk hairstyle? I walked away after he kept yelling for a few minutes.
Wordup8801 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2011, 02:58 PM   #3370
Coasterbrad
veteran
 
Coasterbrad's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
Posts: 2,712
Re: PARX Poker Thread

^Yup that was the guy who flipped out. He was yelling at a small guy that had headphones in and wasn't paying much attention to him. Something about how he shouldn't have to show his hand to him just because he showed three people.
Coasterbrad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2011, 04:23 PM   #3371
phenom.36
grinder
 
phenom.36's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Location: The Moment
Posts: 427
Re: PARX Poker Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by RDonovan View Post
How cool is that, I was at that table Friday night too. I was in seat 6, where were you sitting ?
I was in the 9. Gray hoodie, pretty quiet. I think I remember you, were you the one saying (jokingly) "no one's gonna play with you" because I tightened way up later on?

Last edited by phenom.36; 02-13-2011 at 04:30 PM.
phenom.36 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2011, 04:48 PM   #3372
gazeintothefuture
grinder
 
gazeintothefuture's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Posts: 442
Re: PARX Poker Thread

PARX 2/5 vs Bogarta 2/5

Is 2/5 at PARX tougher or softer? Is squeezing a lot less profitable since it's not time raked? Are weekend games significantly softer? Also, how are the 1/2 and 5/10 games compare to AC?
gazeintothefuture is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2011, 07:14 PM   #3373
acdawg712
veteran
 
acdawg712's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2005
Location: Dust
Posts: 2,165
Re: PARX Poker Thread

I feel like 2/5 is soft at both places, but i have heard 2/5 is very soft at Parx due to rich regulars who like to dump money. Weekend games are definitely softer. I don't know about squeezing profitablity though...

1/2 is probably softer at Parx and 5/10 is really soft at Parx according to one of my friends.
acdawg712 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2011, 07:25 PM   #3374
d0ggy
newbie
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
Location: NJ
Posts: 15
Re: PARX Poker Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by phenom.36 View Post
I was in the 9. Gray hoodie, pretty quiet. I think I remember you, were you the one saying (jokingly) "no one's gonna play with you" because I tightened way up later on?
Typical, a table full of 2+2ers. I was sitting in seat 1, with a black hoodie. Tight and quiet.
d0ggy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2011, 11:23 PM   #3375
Wordup8801
newbie
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Posts: 38
Re: PARX Poker Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by Coasterbrad View Post
^Yup that was the guy who flipped out. He was yelling at a small guy that had headphones in and wasn't paying much attention to him. Something about how he shouldn't have to show his hand to him just because he showed three people.

Yeah I was at that table actually. What happened was on the river the first to act bet, the lady next to the headphones guy called, the big drunk guy minraises from the button and flashes his hand to me and the two guys sitting next to me, none of us in the hand and he's got the nuts. Somehow headphones guy sees big drunk guys hand or figures out what it is, and decides that since he showed us, the lady who's still in the hand has a right to know what he flashed. Show one show all he says. And this is all despite the fact that he is not in the hand, and the lady still has to make her decision on the river to call/fold, she obviously didn't have a very strong hand. Anyway the other guy calls and the lady folds, the two guys split the pot both with the nuts, QT. Anyway the big drunk guy starts going on and on getting pretty heated over it. The whole thing was over $25 more that he would've split anyway. To be honest though I agreed with the drunk guy but I stayed out of it. In my opinion if you're not in the hand then you shut up. Show one show all is a rule for after the hand in my book, unless someone who's still in has seen it.
Wordup8801 is offline   Reply With Quote

Reply
      

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off


Forum Jump


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 06:26 AM.


Powered by vBulletin®
Copyright ©2000 - 2021, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Copyright © 2008-2020, Two Plus Two Interactive