Two Plus Two Publishing LLC Two Plus Two Publishing LLC
 

Go Back   Two Plus Two Poker Forums > >

Venues & Communities Discussion of live, legal poker venues, and discussion among players in live poker "neighborhoods."

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-02-2011, 07:56 PM   #2726
Grim Horse
grinder
 
Grim Horse's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Location: The other side of the monitor.
Posts: 517
Re: PARX Poker Thread

There surely is a difference, I have sat at many short handed mid games to help them get going. And been basically starving hungry to the point it affects my play and not been able to get up and eat as the game would break. This is slightly less of an issue now that there are more tables and the game won't get locked out for the night due to not enough tables. Low stakes games do not have this condition. And for people who don't want to play shorter, having two people at your game eat some soup is much different than them leaving for an hour and being 7 handed. The other difference is in amount of time people sit for, players at lower stakes play shorter sessions generally.
Grim Horse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2011, 08:05 PM   #2727
IFSATG
adept
 
IFSATG's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Location: Searchn4Lite NtheDarknessOfInsanity
Posts: 714
Re: PARX Poker Thread

I hear ya, Grim. But, that is your personal choice.

A game will either go or not based on the player demographic and willingness. Games come and go for whatever reason. If you get up and the game breaks, then the game breaks. Maybe it will start up again when you return. Or, not. But, in any case, that does not determine whether or not a game is (or should be) eligible to "eat in".

I'm sure the hoodie & ipod crowd would be just as pissed to have their 1-2NL game break, for the same reasons. Even if there are another 10+ games going. And, they might also want to eat at their table, too.

It's all a matter of personal choice.
IFSATG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2011, 08:13 PM   #2728
Grim Horse
grinder
 
Grim Horse's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Location: The other side of the monitor.
Posts: 517
Re: PARX Poker Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by IFSATG View Post
I hear ya, Grim. But, that is your personal choice.

A game will either go or not based on the player demographic and willingness. Games come and go for whatever reason. If you get up and the game breaks, then the game breaks. Maybe it will start up again when you return. Or, not. But, in any case, that does not determine whether or not a game is (or should be) eligible to "eat in".

I'm sure the hoodie & ipod crowd would be just as pissed to have their 1-2NL game break, for the same reasons. Even if there are another 10+ games going. And, they might also want to eat at their table, too.

It's all a matter of personal choice.
Lol you say "we just have different opinions" and then make a statement to further your point : P
Grim Horse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2011, 08:17 PM   #2729
IFSATG
adept
 
IFSATG's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Location: Searchn4Lite NtheDarknessOfInsanity
Posts: 714
Re: PARX Poker Thread

Picked up on that one, eh?
IFSATG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2011, 09:21 PM   #2730
Pippen33
veteran
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Posts: 2,063
Re: PARX Poker Thread

PLO running on a Sunday night.....nice.

I'm looking to come down Thurs to see you degens.
Pippen33 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2011, 09:28 PM   #2731
spicytekkie
journeyman
 
spicytekkie's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: Southern New Jersey
Posts: 313
Re: PARX Poker Thread

I just got off playing PLO. it was the worst experience ever. Only two dealers who keep forgetting to deal four cards instead of two, people can't count the pot, and all that. There was one player who rudely told the dealer to do their job. Ouch. Intervention was needed.

Anyway, it's an isolated moment. For now, I busted out because I wasnt hitting anything. Maybe I might come Thursday. In the mean time, anyone looking for PLO action, get over to Parx.

Last edited by spicytekkie; 01-02-2011 at 09:36 PM.
spicytekkie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2011, 10:00 PM   #2732
Gmble09
enthusiast
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
Posts: 88
Cool Re: PARX Poker Thread

It is NOT that you can eat in the high limit section. Notice that the other day when Parx had every table running there were random games back there such as $1/2NL. The case with Parx is that you may eat at the table at TIME RAKE GAMES ONLY. The reason is that they are paying for their hands in advance so it is unfair to force them to get up from the table to eat. There are enough hands wasted with deck changes and such. I think this is a decent rule as it is limited to a few games and it doesnt seem to be abused as of yet. (I.E. someone eating chicken wings lickin their fingers..gross)
Gmble09 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2011, 11:26 PM   #2733
Ari
Poker Room Rep
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Location: Parx
Posts: 190
Re: PARX Poker Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by IFSATG View Post
Stan and I disagree on this one And, I suspect that Ari and I may also not be on the same page.

If you allow it, it is only right that it's available to the whole room. Not that I advocate eating at tables... but, seriously - high limit players are not any more deserving than the herd of low limit players. In fact, the low limit players are more profitable to the room.

But, I still hate the smell of some of the funky food that gets consumed in the HL room at the Borg. I am hoping to NOT have to endure that here, too.
If you look at Gamble09s response, that is my exact reasoning.
Ari is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2011, 11:39 PM   #2734
IFSATG
adept
 
IFSATG's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Location: Searchn4Lite NtheDarknessOfInsanity
Posts: 714
Re: PARX Poker Thread

I understand the position, however, I respectfully disagree.

When I pay time, it is my decision about whether to play all the hands I am entitled to, or to get up for any (reasonable) amount of time, for any reason. That's just how it works and I accept the fact that if I choose to do so, I will miss some hands that I have "paid for".

I don't feel entitled to, nor should I expect different treatment, because the game I chose to play charges time v. rake.

We're taking about grabbing a quick bite here. Not a protracted dining experience.

I acquiesce. I accept the ruling.
IFSATG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2011, 07:59 AM   #2735
AdamLee
enthusiast
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Posts: 70
Re: PARX Poker Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by IFSATG View Post
I understand the position, however, I respectfully disagree.

When I pay time, it is my decision about whether to play all the hands I am entitled to, or to get up for any (reasonable) amount of time, for any reason. That's just how it works and I accept the fact that if I choose to do so, I will miss some hands that I have "paid for".

I don't feel entitled to, nor should I expect different treatment, because the game I chose to play charges time v. rake.

We're taking about grabbing a quick bite here. Not a protracted dining experience.

I acquiesce. I accept the ruling.
This +1

I go over to the bar all the time to grab a drink, food, smoke, or just clear my head.
Personally I don't want to eat in front of 9 strangers. I'm there to play poker. If I must do something else, I leave the table. I don't think its right to involve 9 others to partake in satisfying my needs. Eating at the table is the same to me as peeing in a bottle. Just get up and go do your thing.
AdamLee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2011, 10:01 AM   #2736
ShipFaced12
journeyman
 
ShipFaced12's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Location: NE Philly
Posts: 246
Alright my PLO degens...anyone interested in a tuesday night session? It's been a a couple weeks and I'm feening for some action. BriMc, spicytekkie, acdawg, you guys in?
ShipFaced12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2011, 10:08 AM   #2737
parxface
grinder
 
Join Date: Nov 2010
Location: Chasing the Paydirt
Posts: 588
Re: PARX Poker Thread

Ship I'm interested in Tuesday night...but I'm off Wednesday so would like to get an early game started as well
parxface is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2011, 10:18 AM   #2738
spicytekkie
journeyman
 
spicytekkie's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: Southern New Jersey
Posts: 313
Re: PARX Poker Thread

Tuesday Night....**90%** Could we all possibly assemble around 7 or 8ish though? We could start four or five handed like yesterday or that last game and let it grow from there!
spicytekkie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2011, 11:03 AM   #2739
ShipFaced12
journeyman
 
ShipFaced12's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Location: NE Philly
Posts: 246
Re: PARX Poker Thread

Tuesday night I could get there around 7:30 and starting short-handed is fine with me. As long as we can get 4-5 people to atleast start the game it will fill up quick. I've got one other person that is willing to play tuesday night too.
ShipFaced12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2011, 11:08 AM   #2740
BriMc
old hand
 
Join Date: Oct 2005
Location: Seat Change Button Please Dealer!
Posts: 1,467
Re: PARX Poker Thread

Tuesday works for me.
BriMc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2011, 11:12 AM   #2741
acdawg712
veteran
 
acdawg712's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2005
Location: Dust
Posts: 2,165
Re: PARX Poker Thread

Im down, assuming a normal work day. Pippen, you down? I know you said thursday but a game is a game.
acdawg712 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2011, 11:17 AM   #2742
ShipFaced12
journeyman
 
ShipFaced12's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Location: NE Philly
Posts: 246
Re: PARX Poker Thread

Tuesday night it is kids! See you guys there!
ShipFaced12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2011, 11:30 AM   #2743
spicytekkie
journeyman
 
spicytekkie's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: Southern New Jersey
Posts: 313
Re: PARX Poker Thread

Sweet, it's a 100% then.

1. Spicy (me, just call me Sanman)
2. ShipFaced
3. BriMc
4. ACDawg
5. ShipFaced12's guest
6. Parxface

Maybe, pippen?
spicytekkie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2011, 11:47 AM   #2744
parxface
grinder
 
Join Date: Nov 2010
Location: Chasing the Paydirt
Posts: 588
Quote:
Originally Posted by spicytekkie View Post
Sweet, it's a 100% then.

1. Spicy (me, just call me Sanman)
2. ShipFaced
3. BriMc
4. ACDawg
5. ShipFaced12's guest
6. Parxface
7. Burthoovis

Maybe, pippen?
FYP
parxface is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2011, 03:34 PM   #2745
Pippen33
veteran
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Posts: 2,063
Re: PARX Poker Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by acdawg712 View Post
Im down, assuming a normal work day. Pippen, you down? I know you said thursday but a game is a game.
Fine....twist my arm. I should be there around 7
Pippen33 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2011, 03:56 PM   #2746
spicytekkie
journeyman
 
spicytekkie's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: Southern New Jersey
Posts: 313
Re: PARX Poker Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pippen33 View Post
Fine....twist my arm. I should be there around 7
Sweet stuff. Here's hoping a LHE fish walks into our table for the last seat.

1. Spicytekkie
2. ShipFaced12
3. BriMc
4. ACDawg
5. ShipFaced12's guest
6. Parxface
7. Burthoovis
8. Pippen33
spicytekkie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2011, 04:02 PM   #2747
acdawg712
veteran
 
acdawg712's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2005
Location: Dust
Posts: 2,165
Re: PARX Poker Thread

Yea ill def be there with all these commitments. I think ill go directly from work so i can eat at the noodle bar so let me know if anyone is down to go.
acdawg712 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2011, 04:34 PM   #2748
Pippen33
veteran
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Posts: 2,063
Re: PARX Poker Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by acdawg712 View Post
Yea ill def be there with all these commitments. I think ill go directly from work so i can eat at the noodle bar so let me know if anyone is down to go.
I'll prob just go right form work too. I'd be down for the noodle bar. I'll txt you tomorrow afternoon.
Pippen33 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2011, 04:46 PM   #2749
IFSATG
adept
 
IFSATG's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Location: Searchn4Lite NtheDarknessOfInsanity
Posts: 714
Re: PARX Poker Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by spicytekkie View Post
Sweet stuff. Here's hoping a LHE fish walks into our table for the last seat.

1. Spicytekkie
2. ShipFaced12
3. BriMc
4. ACDawg
5. ShipFaced12's guest
6. Parxface
7. Burthoovis
8. Pippen33
Careful what you ask for

If I can make it, I'll sit with you. You get 4 cards, right?
IFSATG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2011, 05:08 PM   #2750
parxface
grinder
 
Join Date: Nov 2010
Location: Chasing the Paydirt
Posts: 588
Re: PARX Poker Thread

What time ....I should be there 630ish but ill have to get some noodles and roll the dice a bit first
parxface is offline   Reply With Quote

Reply
      

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off


Forum Jump


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 02:58 AM.


Powered by vBulletin®
Copyright ©2000 - 2021, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Copyright © 2008-2020, Two Plus Two Interactive