Two Plus Two Publishing LLC
Two Plus Two Publishing LLC
 

Go Back   Two Plus Two Poker Forums > >

Notices

Venues & Communities Discussion of live, legal poker venues, and discussion among players in live poker "neighborhoods."

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-07-2011, 11:50 PM   #551
mojo888
banned
 
mojo888's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Location: Boynton Beach Florida
Posts: 97
Re: Palm Beach Kennel Club Poker Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by PMSDaddy View Post
Got it!

Thank you Noah...

BTW - You've got a great TD in Mojo up there!
PMSDaddy, let me, be the one to say thank you for those kind words.

All the best, Joe
mojo888 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2011, 12:01 PM   #552
sn4ke1
stranger
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Posts: 12
Re: Palm Beach Kennel Club Poker Thread

Stopping by this afternoon and probably going to stay until about midnight or so.
Expecting to have a great time after reading all of this.

1/2 with the button 2 is going to be dominated :P
sn4ke1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2011, 12:24 PM   #553
TrueMetalMan
journeyman
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Location: Orlando, FL
Posts: 229
Re: Palm Beach Kennel Club Poker Thread

Hey guys I was wondering how far away the Amtrak station is from the pbpc? I live in Orlando and haven't had a train ride since I was a kid. Just wondering if its fairly close to the poker room.
TrueMetalMan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2011, 01:01 PM   #554
sn4ke1
stranger
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Posts: 12
Re: Palm Beach Kennel Club Poker Thread

2,1 miles

south tamarind ave to Okeechobee blvd to north congress
sn4ke1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2011, 10:40 AM   #555
Pokernoahc
Deactivated Rep Account
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: Palm Beach KC
Posts: 191
Re: Palm Beach Kennel Club Poker Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by TrueMetalMan View Post
Hey guys I was wondering how far away the Amtrak station is from the pbpc? I live in Orlando and haven't had a train ride since I was a kid. Just wondering if its fairly close to the poker room.
TrueMetalMan,

Let us know when you are coming.

We will see if we can get you to from the station to the facility.

Take care,

Noah
Pokernoahc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2011, 06:12 PM   #556
HughPhillips
newbie
 
Join Date: Nov 2010
Posts: 42
Re: Palm Beach Kennel Club Poker Thread

You really can't ask for any better than what these guys do at pbkc. Sure, I play there a lot and know them pretty well, but have you ever seen a director offer to pick a guy up from the airport or trainstation anywhere else in the world? The action is sick in every game. The money is here (in south florida). And the frickin sun shines beautiful 90% of the year. I'm loving life, and barely doing anything like work! Thanks guys, you're the best.
HughPhillips is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2011, 07:19 PM   #557
smittymatt
old hand
 
smittymatt's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2005
Posts: 1,688
Re: Palm Beach Kennel Club Poker Thread

Anyone else playing the 30 rebuy tonight?
smittymatt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2011, 03:10 AM   #558
DrDankrx23
enthusiast
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Posts: 59
Re: Palm Beach Kennel Club Poker Thread

Just wanted to say I been visiting the kennel club frequently the past couple of weeks and was so impressed. They got a 5/10 game that is sometime 500-2500 BI and sometime 1k-5k. game plays super deep and they treat you so well over there. cant imagine ever going anywhere else to play.
DrDankrx23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2011, 03:57 AM   #559
Pyramid_Scam
adept
 
Pyramid_Scam's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: Ron Paul FTW
Posts: 1,160
Re: Palm Beach Kennel Club Poker Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by DrDankrx23 View Post
Just wanted to say I been visiting the kennel club frequently the past couple of weeks and was so impressed. They got a 5/10 game that is sometime 500-2500 BI and sometime 1k-5k. game plays super deep and they treat you so well over there. cant imagine ever going anywhere else to play.
Games have been very good. Super soft with 100 BB minimum buy in FTW!
Pyramid_Scam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2011, 07:24 PM   #560
jb3rd811
journeyman
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Posts: 253
Re: Palm Beach Kennel Club Poker Thread

Any interest in getting a mixed game going during the wsopc? I'm thinking in the 10-20 - 20-40 limits for limit games and 2-5 for nl/plo games?

Let me know
jb3rd811 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2011, 12:56 PM   #561
Pokernoahc
Deactivated Rep Account
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: Palm Beach KC
Posts: 191
Re: Palm Beach Kennel Club Poker Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by jb3rd811 View Post
Any interest in getting a mixed game going during the wsopc? I'm thinking in the 10-20 - 20-40 limits for limit games and 2-5 for nl/plo games?

Let me know


jb3rd811,

I would love to see either game go. Please contact Willie, our specialty and high limit host. He will set it up!!

Willie: 561-512-2680

Take care,

Noah
Pokernoahc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2011, 03:16 PM   #562
Schadenfred
grinder
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Posts: 656
Re: Palm Beach Kennel Club Poker Thread

Noah, can there be something done about players buying in at the table? I understand that you must find a balance between giving the chip runners adequate work and slowing the game; however, it happens way too often that the dealer changes the money instead of the chip runner doing the work. For every 10 new players, I'd say that 1 goes to the cage first, 2 use chip runners, and 7 slow the game by having the dealer cut chips.

Thanks.
Schadenfred is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2011, 03:38 PM   #563
cuddlesgeage
grinder
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Posts: 467
Re: Palm Beach Kennel Club Poker Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by Schadenfred View Post
Noah, can there be something done about players buying in at the table? I understand that you must find a balance between giving the chip runners adequate work and slowing the game; however, it happens way too often that the dealer changes the money instead of the chip runner doing the work. For every 10 new players, I'd say that 1 goes to the cage first, 2 use chip runners, and 7 slow the game by having the dealer cut chips.

Thanks.
I do not think that having the dealer give the player chips slows the game down enough to where it is significant. What does it take? 20 seconds at most? It is a bit annoying but it is so quick that it does not make a difference, IMO.

Are you allowed to go to the cage and exchange cash for chips? I thought that at the Kennel Club you had to buy them from the dealer. I never really thought about it before because it was never a big deal to just give the dealer your money.
cuddlesgeage is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2011, 03:50 PM   #564
Schadenfred
grinder
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Posts: 656
Re: Palm Beach Kennel Club Poker Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by cuddlesgeage View Post
Are you allowed to go to the cage and exchange cash for chips? I thought that at the Kennel Club you had to buy them from the dealer. I never really thought about it before because it was never a big deal to just give the dealer your money.
Of course you can.

I disagree that it takes only 20 seconds. It happens frequently and it usually takes a bit longer. I often see a new player stop the game, reach into his pocket, slowly count money, and then have the dealer exchange. Heck, just last night a guy took about 3 minutes to exchange for chips. He had the dealer count and recount the small stack of twenties he put on the table... and then had a short discussion about the min/max buy-in.

Anyway, what doesn't slow the game at all is first going to the cage.
Schadenfred is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2011, 01:33 AM   #565
DrDankrx23
enthusiast
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Posts: 59
Re: Palm Beach Kennel Club Poker Thread

What's the deal with this wsopc schedule? If u decide to play the 1k on sat. You basically can't play the main event. Day 2 of the 1k is Sunday morning the day of the main event. So basically if u do well in the 1k you have to play all day Sunday and then start your day 1 of the main event at 7pm....uhhhh?
DrDankrx23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2011, 11:33 AM   #566
33 Big Blinds
veteran
 
33 Big Blinds's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Location: Gunshine State
Posts: 2,321
Re: Palm Beach Kennel Club Poker Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by DrDankrx23 View Post
What's the deal with this wsopc schedule? If u decide to play the 1k on sat. You basically can't play the main event. Day 2 of the 1k is Sunday morning the day of the main event. So basically if u do well in the 1k you have to play all day Sunday and then start your day 1 of the main event at 7pm....uhhhh?
Day 2 for the 1k is a 10am restart. Day 1b for the ME is 7pm. Should be adequate time to finish the 1k, and if not both Jimmy and Joe have stated they will accommodate players in the 1k that still need to buy in to the ME
33 Big Blinds is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2011, 12:53 PM   #567
DrDankrx23
enthusiast
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Posts: 59
Re: Palm Beach Kennel Club Poker Thread

Wow so it's not a typo that's pretty horrible. Makes absolutely no sense for anyone to play that 1k. I mean who wants to play all day Sunday and then start their main event that same night at 7pm. Wow just realized iam such a degen that iam bitching about at this and will still probably reg that 1k anyway
DrDankrx23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2011, 02:30 PM   #568
Pokernoahc
Deactivated Rep Account
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: Palm Beach KC
Posts: 191
Re: Palm Beach Kennel Club Poker Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by Schadenfred View Post
Noah, can there be something done about players buying in at the table? I understand that you must find a balance between giving the chip runners adequate work and slowing the game; however, it happens way too often that the dealer changes the money instead of the chip runner doing the work. For every 10 new players, I'd say that 1 goes to the cage first, 2 use chip runners, and 7 slow the game by having the dealer cut chips.

Thanks.
Fred,

I would prefer that the dealers deal and the chip runners get chips.

I am with you in not wanting the dealers to do sales.

I will work on doing better in this area.

Take care,

Noah
Pokernoahc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2011, 10:23 AM   #569
ausales
centurion
 
Join Date: Sep 2002
Posts: 128
Re: Palm Beach Kennel Club Poker Thread

I played in the $5,000 HORSE Tournament on Thursday. A great turn out of 53. I started on table 45 seat 4, facing the south wall. I could not see the tournament clock on the east wall from my seat. You need more tournament clocks or a large clock on the south wall. Your tournament clock does not list the current game being played, only the blinds and bet levels. This should be corrected before the WSOPC event.
ausales is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2011, 10:58 AM   #570
Pokernoahc
Deactivated Rep Account
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: Palm Beach KC
Posts: 191
Re: Palm Beach Kennel Club Poker Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by ausales View Post
I played in the $5,000 HORSE Tournament on Thursday. A great turn out of 53. I started on table 45 seat 4, facing the south wall. I could not see the tournament clock on the east wall from my seat. You need more tournament clocks or a large clock on the south wall. Your tournament clock does not list the current game being played, only the blinds and bet levels. This should be corrected before the WSOPC event.
Ausales,

We are currently testing new clock software. It should have more options.

Also, we are looking into getting video relays for the tournament tvs.

Take care,

Noah
Pokernoahc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2011, 11:02 AM   #571
ausales
centurion
 
Join Date: Sep 2002
Posts: 128
Re: Palm Beach Kennel Club Poker Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pokernoahc View Post
Fred,

I would prefer that the dealers deal and the chip runners get chips.

I am with you in not wanting the dealers to do sales.

I will work on doing better in this area.

Take care,

Noah
You use the same tables day after day for the 1-2, and 2-4 limit games. Yet your dealer banks for the games are $720 with $600 Red chips($5) and only $120 White chips($1). The dealers are sells chips almost every other hand and asking for a fill once a down. Why not change the banks on these tables or add $2 chips?
Thanks
ausales is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2011, 02:43 PM   #572
ncperrotta069
enthusiast
 
Join Date: Feb 2006
Location: South Florida
Posts: 93
Re: Palm Beach Kennel Club Poker Thread

Is the WSOPC 18+?
ncperrotta069 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2011, 03:10 PM   #573
bigtex21
Pooh-Bah
 
bigtex21's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Location: Granbury, Texas
Posts: 5,887
Re: Palm Beach Kennel Club Poker Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by ncperrotta069 View Post
Is the WSOPC 18+?
Yes but they will not be able to play in the national championship if they win a seat into it as Nevada is age 21
bigtex21 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2011, 12:15 PM   #574
Schadenfred
grinder
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Posts: 656
Re: Palm Beach Kennel Club Poker Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pokernoahc View Post
Fred,

I would prefer that the dealers deal and the chip runners get chips.

I am with you in not wanting the dealers to do sales.

I will work on doing better in this area.

Take care,

Noah
Thanks, Noah. I have played twice this week and have noticed a greater occurrence of chip runners exchanging chips. I think it's a win-win if dealers almost exclusively call for the chip runners when there is cash on the table. More hands are dealt, which, obviously, results in more rakes, and the chip runners make more money.
Schadenfred is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2011, 07:49 PM   #575
parisron
Carpal \'Tunnel
 
parisron's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Posts: 9,569
Re: Palm Beach Kennel Club Poker Thread

Will be heading to PBKC for the circuit events and my friend was wondering about where the pool playing action is around there. Anyone know PM me. Thanks.
parisron is offline   Reply With Quote

Reply
      

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off


Forum Jump


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 12:02 AM.


Powered by vBulletin®
Copyright ©2000 - 2019, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Copyright © 2008-2017, Two Plus Two Interactive
 
 
Poker Players - Streaming Live Online