Two Plus Two Publishing LLC
Two Plus Two Publishing LLC
 

Go Back   Two Plus Two Poker Forums > >

Notices

Venues & Communities Discussion of live, legal poker venues, and discussion among players in live poker "neighborhoods."

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-17-2016, 04:00 PM   #126
Onelooker4u
centurion
 
Join Date: May 2010
Location: River Bravo 2
Posts: 188
Re: The Orleans Hotel & Casino (Las Vegas, NV)

Quote:
Originally Posted by colt45ss View Post
going out in late November
what limit games are usually running?
for limit is it still Bellagio,venetian ,Orleans?
Orleans is DEFINITELY the place for 4-8 LHE near strip, on the weekends they usually have 4-6 tables going and a list. Also have good promo's and BBJ.

As reported above, Venetian really doesn't spread LHE anymore. I think Bellagio may spread one table.

Red Rock does get about 4-5 tables of 2-4 and 4-8 LHE on the weekends.
Onelooker4u is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2016, 07:37 PM   #127
Uh*Oh
adept
 
Join Date: Jan 2013
Location: Las Vegas
Posts: 760
Re: The Orleans Hotel & Casino (Las Vegas, NV)

Orleans also has 4/8 and 8/16 Omaha high low going all the time with mountains of chips on the table. They spread 4/8 Omaha high only frequently and a few days ago they had an insanely good 1/3 $5 to go PLO game
Uh*Oh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2016, 02:32 PM   #128
pig4bill
Carpal \'Tunnel
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Posts: 28,551
Re: The Orleans Hotel & Casino (Las Vegas, NV)

What were typical buy-ins for that PLO game?
pig4bill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2016, 04:05 PM   #129
aaronk56
Carpal \'Tunnel
 
aaronk56's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2005
Location: You thought what?
Posts: 14,908
Re: The Orleans Hotel & Casino (Las Vegas, NV)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Uh*Oh View Post
Orleans also has 4/8 and 8/16 Omaha high low going all the time with mountains of chips on the table. They spread 4/8 Omaha high only frequently and a few days ago they had an insanely good 1/3 $5 to go PLO game
What denomination of chips does the 8-16 game use?
aaronk56 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2016, 04:17 PM   #130
chillrob
Carpal \'Tunnel
 
chillrob's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2007
Location: under a dark cloud
Posts: 13,046
Re: The Orleans Hotel & Casino (Las Vegas, NV)

Quote:
Originally Posted by aaronk56 View Post
What denomination of chips does the 8-16 game use?
$2
chillrob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2016, 04:58 PM   #131
colt45ss
adept
 
Join Date: Sep 2010
Location: anywhere and everywhere
Posts: 714
Re: The Orleans Hotel & Casino (Las Vegas, NV)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Onelooker4u View Post
Orleans is DEFINITELY the place for 4-8 LHE near strip, on the weekends they usually have 4-6 tables going and a list. Also have good promo's and BBJ.

As reported above, Venetian really doesn't spread LHE anymore. I think Bellagio may spread one table.

Red Rock does get about 4-5 tables of 2-4 and 4-8 LHE on the weekends.
thanks.
ive played at the Rock
Ill venture to a new casino Orleans this time out.
and pray the Bellagio spreads some limit while I out there
colt45ss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2016, 05:19 PM   #132
chillrob
Carpal \'Tunnel
 
chillrob's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2007
Location: under a dark cloud
Posts: 13,046
Re: The Orleans Hotel & Casino (Las Vegas, NV)

The Bellagio has lots of LHE, but mostly bigger stakes. They usually have just one 4/8 table, sometimes two in the evenings, where Orleans has several around the clock. Bellagio also sometimes has 9/18, almost always 20/40, and sometimes 40/80.
chillrob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2016, 06:54 PM   #133
Toadman15241
journeyman
 
Toadman15241's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2008
Posts: 397
Re: The Orleans Hotel & Casino (Las Vegas, NV)

What is the rake for 8/16 O/8 and LHE? I assume from above posts the jackpot drop is $2/hand for both games?
Toadman15241 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2016, 07:01 PM   #134
chillrob
Carpal \'Tunnel
 
chillrob's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2007
Location: under a dark cloud
Posts: 13,046
Re: The Orleans Hotel & Casino (Las Vegas, NV)

The rake is just $3 max in all games. I think the promo drop is $2 in the holdem and omaha high games but only $1 in the O8 games - pretty sure there are fewer promos for that game.
chillrob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2016, 08:31 AM   #135
FishFry1984
old hand
 
FishFry1984's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Location: At a casino near YOU
Posts: 1,840
Re: The Orleans Hotel & Casino (Las Vegas, NV)

All going to $2 promo drop next month
FishFry1984 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2017, 09:21 PM   #136
RollWave
Carpal \'Tunnel
 
RollWave's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Location: PL Daily Action Thread
Posts: 12,368
Re: The Orleans Hotel & Casino (Las Vegas, NV)

Does Orleans maintain their same Daily Tournament schedule during the May/June/July period when lots of other rooms have tournament series going on? Or do they have their own series or make other changes?

I'm sure there's a ton of variables, but any ballpark estimates on typical range on the number of runners to expect for their 7pm weekday tournaments.
RollWave is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2017, 12:03 PM   #137
pig4bill
Carpal \'Tunnel
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Posts: 28,551
Re: The Orleans Hotel & Casino (Las Vegas, NV)

IIRC the schedule stays the same. They have run an Orleans Open in May before the WSOP starts, but I don't see it on the schedule this year. Haven't played a weekday, but the Friday goes to high 200's so there was an increase but nothing crazy.
pig4bill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2017, 06:59 PM   #138
Onelooker4u
centurion
 
Join Date: May 2010
Location: River Bravo 2
Posts: 188
Exclamation Re: The Orleans Hotel & Casino (Las Vegas, NV)

Quote:
Originally Posted by RollWave View Post
Does Orleans maintain their same Daily Tournament schedule during the May/June/July period when lots of other rooms have tournament series going on? Or do they have their own series or make other changes?

I'm sure there's a ton of variables, but any ballpark estimates on typical range on the number of runners to expect for their 7pm weekday tournaments.
Yeah, haven't heard any announcements about an Orleans open this year. Friday 7pm's during those months should range from 220-320 entries. Rest of the days probably around 60-100.
Onelooker4u is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2017, 07:56 AM   #139
Tom Bayes
old hand
 
Join Date: Nov 2003
Location: three draw donk
Posts: 1,702
Re: The Orleans Hotel & Casino (Las Vegas, NV)

The Orleans Open has been dead for a few years and I don't think it's coming back. Pretty sure they'll just run their typical daily tournament schedule during the series.

As others have said, Orleans consistently has $4/$8 limit holdem and $4/$8 & $8/$16 limit omaha/8 that you can play with some of Vegas's crankiest locals. There was a sporadic $15/$30 OE game either last year or the year before, no idea if it has any chance of coming back this year during the series.
Tom Bayes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2017, 03:53 PM   #140
Onelooker4u
centurion
 
Join Date: May 2010
Location: River Bravo 2
Posts: 188
Re: The Orleans Hotel & Casino (Las Vegas, NV)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tom Bayes View Post
The Orleans Open has been dead for a few years and I don't think it's coming back. Pretty sure they'll just run their typical daily tournament schedule during the series.

As others have said, Orleans consistently has $4/$8 limit holdem and $4/$8 & $8/$16 limit omaha/8 that you can play with some of Vegas's crankiest locals. There was a sporadic $15/$30 OE game either last year or the year before, no idea if it has any chance of coming back this year during the series.
Confirmed! LOL...average age is about 85. Also seems to be a magnet for angry Asian female players...based on my experiences playing 4-8 LHE while waiting for the Friday night tourney to start.
Onelooker4u is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2017, 07:33 PM   #141
FishFry1984
old hand
 
FishFry1984's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Location: At a casino near YOU
Posts: 1,840
Re: The Orleans Hotel & Casino (Las Vegas, NV)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Onelooker4u View Post
Confirmed! LOL...average age is about 85. Also seems to be a magnet for angry Asian female players...based on my experiences playing 4-8 LHE while waiting for the Friday night tourney to start.
I've noticed some really angry Vietnamese ladies. You are correct
FishFry1984 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2017, 08:21 PM   #142
Playlive
grinder
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Location: JFK, IGM, LAS, IFP
Posts: 555
Re: The Orleans Hotel & Casino (Las Vegas, NV)

Quote:
Originally Posted by FishFry1984 View Post
I've noticed some really angry Vietnamese ladies. You are correct
I have a great relationship with all the Asian women in this room. They are all super nice. As a race us Caucasians suck!
Playlive is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2017, 06:14 PM   #143
FishFry1984
old hand
 
FishFry1984's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Location: At a casino near YOU
Posts: 1,840
Re: The Orleans Hotel & Casino (Las Vegas, NV)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Playlive View Post
I have a great relationship with all the Asian women in this room. They are all super nice. As a race us Caucasians suck!
You play there regularly?
FishFry1984 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2017, 07:14 PM   #144
Playlive
grinder
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Location: JFK, IGM, LAS, IFP
Posts: 555
Re: The Orleans Hotel & Casino (Las Vegas, NV)

Quote:
Originally Posted by FishFry1984 View Post
You play there regularly?
No place else to get O8 all the time. Of course.
Playlive is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2017, 08:07 PM   #145
FishFry1984
old hand
 
FishFry1984's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Location: At a casino near YOU
Posts: 1,840
Re: The Orleans Hotel & Casino (Las Vegas, NV)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Playlive View Post
No place else to get O8 all the time. Of course.
I must know u then
FishFry1984 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2017, 05:15 PM   #146
RollWave
Carpal \'Tunnel
 
RollWave's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Location: PL Daily Action Thread
Posts: 12,368
Re: The Orleans Hotel & Casino (Las Vegas, NV)

I see on bravo app that Orleans has 1 table of 3-6 free flop Holdem going. Is this what it sounds like? Dealer deals hands then deals flop then the first round of betting happens after flop already exposed?
RollWave is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2017, 05:50 PM   #147
FishFry1984
old hand
 
FishFry1984's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Location: At a casino near YOU
Posts: 1,840
Re: The Orleans Hotel & Casino (Las Vegas, NV)

Quote:
Originally Posted by RollWave View Post
I see on bravo app that Orleans has 1 table of 3-6 free flop Holdem going. Is this what it sounds like? Dealer deals hands then deals flop then the first round of betting happens after flop already exposed?
Yes you are correct!
Button, small, big. Everyone dealt in, burn and flop... action starts under the gun. Call $3 raise or fold
FishFry1984 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2017, 12:03 PM   #148
Playlive
grinder
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Location: JFK, IGM, LAS, IFP
Posts: 555
Re: The Orleans Hotel & Casino (Las Vegas, NV)

Quote:
Originally Posted by FishFry1984 View Post
I must know u then
LOL Probably. O8 is too small a world
Playlive is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2017, 03:04 PM   #149
pig4bill
Carpal \'Tunnel
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Posts: 28,551
Re: The Orleans Hotel & Casino (Las Vegas, NV)

Quote:
Originally Posted by FishFry1984 View Post
Yes you are correct!
Button, small, big. Everyone dealt in, burn and flop... action starts under the gun. Call $3 raise or fold
Ugh, there's a button blind?
pig4bill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2017, 04:09 PM   #150
FishFry1984
old hand
 
FishFry1984's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Location: At a casino near YOU
Posts: 1,840
Re: The Orleans Hotel & Casino (Las Vegas, NV)

No. There's the button and the normal blinds. Everyone dealt in and flop right away. Funny part if everyone folds the blinds can chop after a flop is out. Weirdest **** ever lol
FishFry1984 is offline   Reply With Quote

Reply
      

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off


Forum Jump


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 10:14 AM.


Powered by vBulletin®
Copyright ©2000 - 2019, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Copyright 2008-2017, Two Plus Two Interactive
 
 
Poker Players - Streaming Live Online