Two Plus Two Publishing LLC Two Plus Two Publishing LLC
 

Go Back   Two Plus Two Poker Forums > >

Notices

Venues & Communities Discussion of live, legal poker venues, and discussion among players in live poker "neighborhoods."

View Poll Results: Which casino operator would you prefer to get E. Mass. license?
Wynn/Everett? 96 71.11%
Mohegan/Revere? 39 28.89%
Voters: 135. You may not vote on this poll

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-31-2012, 01:50 PM   #151
DaveC95818
adept
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: West Coast
Posts: 894
re: New England General Discussion - Poker Room List in OP

FOUND IT-
from the CET annual report:
http://files.shareholder.com/downloa...339/filing.pdf

Suffolk Downs
On March 29, 2011, we acquired an interest in Sterling Suffolk Racecourse, LLC, which owns a horse-racing track in Massachusetts,
along with options to purchase additional interests and the right to manage a potential future gaming facility. The consideration paid for this
investment has been recorded as an amortizing intangible asset, representing the right to manage a potential future gaming facility, with
amortization commencing upon the future opening date of such facility. Our interest will be accounted for using the cost method of accounting.
DaveC95818 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2012, 02:05 PM   #152
413AceKing
adept
 
413AceKing's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Location: Mass
Posts: 1,171
re: New England General Discussion - Poker Room List in OP

Yes it has been widely reported, as well as discussed by Gary Loveman, that Caesar's is partnered with the Suffolk downs proposal.
413AceKing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2012, 03:30 PM   #153
Peztastic
newbie
 
Join Date: Dec 2004
Location: Acting like I've been there before
Posts: 43
re: New England General Discussion - Poker Room List in OP

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaveC95818 View Post
FOUND IT-
from the CET annual report:
http://files.shareholder.com/downloa...339/filing.pdf

Suffolk Downs
On March 29, 2011, we acquired an interest in Sterling Suffolk Racecourse, LLC, which owns a horse-racing track in Massachusetts,
along with options to purchase additional interests and the right to manage a potential future gaming facility. The consideration paid for this
investment has been recorded as an amortizing intangible asset, representing the right to manage a potential future gaming facility, with
amortization commencing upon the future opening date of such facility. Our interest will be accounted for using the cost method of accounting.
Good find. I had only seen items about their buying debt rather than taking an equity stake.
Peztastic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2012, 04:01 PM   #154
ShortyDawg
journeyman
 
ShortyDawg's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2010
Location: Maine
Posts: 285
re: New England General Discussion - Poker Room List in OP

I'm originally from Maine but live in Florida now. Does anyone know the status of the Oxford casino in Maine being built and what kind of poker room/games they will have?
ShortyDawg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2012, 11:11 PM   #155
GodSmackJack
old hand
 
GodSmackJack's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2010
Location: Maryland
Posts: 1,900
re: New England General Discussion - Poker Room List in OP

Wanted to recommend two places that I've found to eat when I go to Foxwoods.

- Kitchen Little, it's located in Mystic, CT, about 15 minutes from the casino. If you want to find a good place to get breakfast, look no further. It's right on the water and while it's very small (they only can seat, I'm guessing somewhere around 25 people), the food is great. The bad thing is the owner is closing shop at the end of April and moving to Arizona. If you get out of the casino and are doing some sightseeing in the area, I definitely recommend it.

- Max Burger. This is located outside Hartford, so if you're not flying into BDL, it might not be ideal. The burgers tho are great and they have a sizable beer selection.
GodSmackJack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2012, 07:29 PM   #156
youtalkfunny
dumbest smart person his mom knows
 
youtalkfunny's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2002
Location: I can't believe it, either!
Posts: 20,767
re: New England General Discussion - Poker Room List in OP

NH's House delayed their casino vote this week, saying it needed to be sent back to committee to study all attached amendments. Proponents had predicted they had enough votes to not only pass the bill, but also to override the promised veto by the Governor.

Opponents contend the bill was sent back because the bill's sponsors realize they don't have the votes to pass, let alone override anything.

(EDIT TO ADD: I'm from Methuen, I'd rather have the casino at Rockingham than Suffolk.)
youtalkfunny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2012, 08:23 PM   #157
jh12547
Pooh-Bah
 
jh12547's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Posts: 4,088
Quote:
Originally Posted by GodSmackJack View Post
Wanted to recommend two places that I've found to eat when I go to Foxwoods.

- Kitchen Little, it's located in Mystic, CT, about 15 minutes from the casino. If you want to find a good place to get breakfast, look no further. It's right on the water and while it's very small (they only can seat, I'm guessing somewhere around 25 people), the food is great. The bad thing is the owner is closing shop at the end of April and moving to Arizona. If you get out of the casino and are doing some sightseeing in the area, I definitely recommend it.

- Max Burger. This is located outside Hartford, so if you're not flying into BDL, it might not be ideal. The burgers tho are great and they have a sizable beer selection.
If you are ever in Mystic for lunch the Blue Squid restaurant/bakery has a great lobster grilled cheese. It's located in the Mystic Village area.
jh12547 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2012, 09:50 PM   #158
Lattimer
I are smart
 
Lattimer's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Location: New England
Posts: 11,775
re: New England General Discussion - Poker Room List in OP

In the summer I hear Capt. Scott's in New London is really good seafood. It's similar to Brown's in Salisbury MA.
Lattimer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2012, 11:52 PM   #159
youtalkfunny
dumbest smart person his mom knows
 
youtalkfunny's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2002
Location: I can't believe it, either!
Posts: 20,767
re: New England General Discussion - Poker Room List in OP

Salisbury, MA??? Browns is in Seabrook, NH! Two feet over the state line, perhaps, but still!

Haven't you ever heard "Granite State of Mind"?

"Markey's vs Brown's on the seafood, tell me which one will you choose?"
youtalkfunny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2012, 09:05 AM   #160
sofocused978
Carpal \'Tunnel
 
sofocused978's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: Tampa Baby Baby
Posts: 6,546
re: New England General Discussion - Poker Room List in OP

Quote:
Originally Posted by youtalkfunny View Post
(EDIT TO ADD: I'm from Methuen, I'd rather have the casino at Rockingham than Suffolk.)
I'm from Methuen too and concur. However I'm sure Suffolk would be the better location. I grew up in Salem, NH. The only thing that looks promising for Salem, NH and the casino debate is they NEED a new high school(they have been conducting classes in trailers out on the front lawn for years now) and the police have been fighting for a new multimillion dollar police station complex to be built for prob 10 years now. Would be sick to only be 1 exit away from a casino.
sofocused978 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2012, 02:39 PM   #161
Lattimer
I are smart
 
Lattimer's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Location: New England
Posts: 11,775
re: New England General Discussion - Poker Room List in OP

Quote:
Originally Posted by youtalkfunny View Post
Salisbury, MA??? Browns is in Seabrook, NH! Two feet over the state line, perhaps, but still!

Haven't you ever heard "Granite State of Mind"?

"Markey's vs Brown's on the seafood, tell me which one will you choose?"
lol you're right. I just google-mapped it and the state line pretty much runs right through the middle of 286 right there.
Lattimer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2012, 07:22 PM   #162
Lattimer
I are smart
 
Lattimer's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Location: New England
Posts: 11,775
re: New England General Discussion - Poker Room List in OP

Some time ago I got a speeding ticket in CT. Instead of citing me for "speeding" the cop gave me a generic STC 14-298 violation for $92 (it doesn't even list the actual speed I was doing).

Anyone ever get these before? Do you know if it hits your insurance or not (non-resident if that helps)? Google search yielded mixed results, and I need to do something with it next week.
Lattimer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2012, 08:00 PM   #163
fcmonk
journeyman
 
fcmonk's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Posts: 202
re: New England General Discussion - Poker Room List in OP

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lattimer View Post
Some time ago I got a speeding ticket in CT. Instead of citing me for "speeding" the cop gave me a generic STC 14-298 violation for $92 (it doesn't even list the actual speed I was doing).

Anyone ever get these before? Do you know if it hits your insurance or not (non-resident if that helps)? Google search yielded mixed results, and I need to do something with it next week.
I've never even heard of these violations. Must be some catch-all "traveling at unsafe speeds" violation so they don't have to write a ticket. If you're close enough to make it to court, go fight it. I'll bet it's so vague you'll get the fine knocked down or kicked out altogether.
fcmonk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2012, 08:25 PM   #164
Lattimer
I are smart
 
Lattimer's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Location: New England
Posts: 11,775
re: New England General Discussion - Poker Room List in OP

It is a catch-all... not just for speeding but for pretty much any moving violation. I have no problem with paying the $92 and being done with it if it won't go to my insurance.
Lattimer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2012, 08:41 PM   #165
jh12547
Pooh-Bah
 
jh12547's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Posts: 4,088
Quote:
Originally Posted by fcmonk View Post
I've never even heard of these violations. Must be some catch-all "traveling at unsafe speeds" violation so they don't have to write a ticket. If you're close enough to make it to court, go fight it. I'll bet it's so vague you'll get the fine knocked down or kicked out altogether.
I've lived in CT my whole life and gotten 2 speeding tickets. The first one I paid and the insurance never found out. The second I fought and it was reduced about 75%. It was on my insurance in less then 48 hrs!
jh12547 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2012, 09:06 PM   #166
chromakey
adept
 
chromakey's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2004
Posts: 946
I know in MA you get a freebie on your insurance, dunno about CT
chromakey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2012, 01:10 AM   #167
youtalkfunny
dumbest smart person his mom knows
 
youtalkfunny's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2002
Location: I can't believe it, either!
Posts: 20,767
re: New England General Discussion - Poker Room List in OP

When did NH get BBJs? Did they change the law to allow them? Did they convince the state that nothing in the old law prohibits them? Or did one of the rooms just say, "Screw it, let's just do it and see if the state says anything!", and the other rooms followed suit?
youtalkfunny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2012, 02:43 PM   #168
Rizzeedizzee
veteran
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Posts: 2,198
re: New England General Discussion - Poker Room List in OP

Quote:
Originally Posted by youtalkfunny View Post
When did NH get BBJs? Did they change the law to allow them? Did they convince the state that nothing in the old law prohibits them? Or did one of the rooms just say, "Screw it, let's just do it and see if the state says anything!", and the other rooms followed suit?
I also thought it was odd for the jackpots to seemingly pop up out of nowhere. I didn't realize there was a specific law that applied, although it wouldn't surprise me given the restrictions on the games and limits that can be spread for cash in NH. Maybe they figured the law didn't apply since the way they've set things up the jackpots are the opposite of most normal ones - that is, they pertain only to SNGs and tourneys, not cash?
Rizzeedizzee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2012, 01:32 PM   #169
biron
journeyman
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Location: In the603 rolling with no seat belt
Posts: 270
Salem and seabrook now also have a cash bbj. It is separate from the tourney bbj. Like the tourney bbj it is a combined bbj between the two rooms. It is aaakk loses. it is worse for HE players then other BBJs, because O8 tables are eligible with the same hand requirements. they srarted the cash ones about a week ago. Tourneys awhile ago.
biron is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2012, 11:13 PM   #170
Rapini
Monte Crisco
 
Rapini's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: DC
Posts: 11,511
re: New England General Discussion - Poker Room List in OP

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lattimer View Post
It is a catch-all... not just for speeding but for pretty much any moving violation. I have no problem with paying the $92 and being done with it if it won't go to my insurance.
In PA, there's a similar violation called "failure to obey traffic control devices." That's what you get if...

(1) the officer wanted to be nice to you but still wanted to give you a fine--there's no points against your license associated with the offense and therefore it does not affect your insurance or your license status;

-or-

(2) you go to court to fight the ticket and the officer doesn't think he has a good case or he wants to be nice to you.
Rapini is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2012, 11:17 PM   #171
Lattimer
I are smart
 
Lattimer's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Location: New England
Posts: 11,775
re: New England General Discussion - Poker Room List in OP

Yeah I ended up just paying it, hoping that it stays off my insurance since it's a lesser generic fine. Cop was definitely giving me a break. I was so tired that I ended up handing him the bill of sale receipt for my car instead of my registration, lol.
Lattimer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-29-2012, 03:58 AM   #172
Kenneth Bania
grinder
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Posts: 668
re: New England General Discussion - Poker Room List in OP

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lattimer View Post
Yeah I ended up just paying it, hoping that it stays off my insurance since it's a lesser generic fine. Cop was definitely giving me a break. I was so tired that I ended up handing him the bill of sale receipt for my car instead of my registration, lol.
Got this same ticket once on RT. 2 from CT state cop. Basically told me he was giving me a break but still giving me a ticket and there would be no affect on insurance and there hasn't been in over a year.

So you should have no worries, even though this is a little late.
Kenneth Bania is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-29-2012, 11:26 AM   #173
Lattimer
I are smart
 
Lattimer's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Location: New England
Posts: 11,775
re: New England General Discussion - Poker Room List in OP

Thanks! The reassurance is welcome.
Lattimer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-29-2012, 11:31 AM   #174
3betu
old hand
 
3betu's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
Posts: 1,927
re: New England General Discussion - Poker Room List in OP

So its Tauton where they want to build the new casino now. Just saw on Fox
3betu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-29-2012, 11:39 AM   #175
Peztastic
newbie
 
Join Date: Dec 2004
Location: Acting like I've been there before
Posts: 43
re: New England General Discussion - Poker Room List in OP

Globe article:
http://www.boston.com/Boston/metrode...?p1=News_links

Quote:
Originally Posted by 3betu View Post
So its Tauton where they want to build the new casino now. Just saw on Fox
Peztastic is offline   Reply With Quote

Reply
      

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off


Forum Jump


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 07:33 PM.


Powered by vBulletin®
Copyright ©2000 - 2017, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Copyright © 2008-2017, Two Plus Two Interactive
 
 
Poker Players - Streaming Live Online