Two Plus Two Publishing LLC
Two Plus Two Publishing LLC
 

Go Back   Two Plus Two Poker Forums > >

Notices

Venues & Communities Discussion of live, legal poker venues, and discussion among players in live poker "neighborhoods."

View Poll Results: Which casino operator would you prefer to get E. Mass. license?
Wynn/Everett? 135 72.58%
Mohegan/Revere? 51 27.42%
Voters: 186. You may not vote on this poll

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-03-2018, 02:25 PM   #4626
PokerPlayer80
grinder
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Posts: 490
Re: New England General Discussion - Poker Room List in OP

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rizzeedizzee View Post
That number is pretty amazing to fathom. I mean maybe on a weekend with lousy weather or in winter, or a couple of hours later; but at 5pm sharp on a Thursday?! Just wow.

Too bad someone else didn't think to open another room where folks from that area could play, making it nice enough to feel like......Borgata North.....


As far back as I remember, Chasers has always been slammed on Thursdays. They frequently have a full 16 tables going by around dinner time,oftentimes with wait lists too.


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
PokerPlayer80 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2018, 04:05 PM   #4627
Rizzeedizzee
veteran
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Posts: 2,629
Re: New England General Discussion - Poker Room List in OP

Aha - I was unaware of the Thursday promo and how it rewards showing up early. Good to know. I guess the folks who come by later than a couple hours in either don't have Bravo or somehow think seats will open up.

Still - promo or not, having a list that's 4+ full tables deep in NH is darn impressive. I just can't figure out where those folks are parking since I've been there when the room is only about two-thirds full and already the lot was pretty much at capacity.
Rizzeedizzee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2018, 04:08 PM   #4628
MontyBurns
grinder
 
MontyBurns's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2003
Location: Boston,MA
Posts: 626
Re: New England General Discussion - Poker Room List in OP

On a non-New Hampshire note, I drive down rt.16 in Everett on my way to work and apparently I hadn't glanced over at it in a while. I saw it today and was like "holy ****, that looks like Wynn LV!" Soon, very soon .....
MontyBurns is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2018, 07:54 PM   #4629
Lattimer
I is smart
 
Lattimer's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Location: New England
Posts: 14,410
Re: New England General Discussion - Poker Room List in OP

Hey Big Whoop the stoney creek place at foxwoods opened at 6:30 tonight. I've already made some purchases

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk
Lattimer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2018, 07:55 PM   #4630
Big Whoop
adept
 
Big Whoop's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Location: Massachusetts
Posts: 907
Re: New England General Discussion - Poker Room List in OP

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lattimer View Post
Hey Big Whoop the stoney creek place at foxwoods opened at 6:30 tonight. I've already made some purchases

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk
Review?

I will be there tomorrow for the STP and bush concert.

Sent from my SM-G935P using Tapatalk
Big Whoop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2018, 07:58 PM   #4631
Lattimer
I is smart
 
Lattimer's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Location: New England
Posts: 14,410
Re: New England General Discussion - Poker Room List in OP

It's more of a soft opening. Upstairs isn't open yet. No food until Monday. They're not brewing on site for 7-10 days. I like it a lot so far. Wide variety as would be expected. There's a fresh cut wood scent to the place which is nice. Like a new car scent it'll fade over time I'm sure.

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk
Lattimer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2018, 08:01 PM   #4632
Big Whoop
adept
 
Big Whoop's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Location: Massachusetts
Posts: 907
Re: New England General Discussion - Poker Room List in OP

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lattimer View Post
It's more of a soft opening. Upstairs isn't open yet. No food until Monday. They're not brewing on site for 7-10 days. I like it a lot so far. Wide variety as would be expected. There's a fresh cut wood scent to the place which is nice. Like a new car scent it'll fade over time I'm sure.

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk
Who cares about the food?

I come for the beer!!!

Sent from my SM-G935P using Tapatalk
Big Whoop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2018, 08:05 PM   #4633
Lattimer
I is smart
 
Lattimer's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Location: New England
Posts: 14,410
Re: New England General Discussion - Poker Room List in OP

And they accept points, or will, not 100% sure that's working yet.

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk
Lattimer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2018, 08:22 PM   #4634
Big Whoop
adept
 
Big Whoop's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Location: Massachusetts
Posts: 907
Re: New England General Discussion - Poker Room List in OP

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lattimer View Post
And they accept points, or will, not 100% sure that's working yet.

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk
I'll be on the lookout for ya tomorrow.

Sent from my SM-G935P using Tapatalk
Big Whoop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2018, 11:21 PM   #4635
Lattimer
I is smart
 
Lattimer's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Location: New England
Posts: 14,410
Re: New England General Discussion - Poker Room List in OP

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lattimer View Post
And they accept points, or will, not 100% sure that's working yet.

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk
They take them now.

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk
Lattimer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2018, 11:58 AM   #4636
DrChesspain
Pooh-Bah
 
DrChesspain's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2012
Posts: 4,998
Re: New England General Discussion - Poker Room List in OP

I was at Hampton yesterday and the dealers mentioned that beginning this Monday, Aug 6th, dealers will be keeping their own tips. A couple of dealers theorized that the room is trying to stem their dealer turnover.
DrChesspain is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2018, 04:16 PM   #4637
PokerGuvnA
journeyman
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: North of Boston, MA
Posts: 353
Re: New England General Discussion - Poker Room List in OP

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rizzeedizzee View Post
Aha - I was unaware of the Thursday promo and how it rewards showing up early. Good to know. I guess the folks who come by later than a couple hours in either don't have Bravo or somehow think seats will open up.

Still - promo or not, having a list that's 4+ full tables deep in NH is darn impressive. I just can't figure out where those folks are parking since I've been there when the room is only about two-thirds full and already the lot was pretty much at capacity.
No promo today, though they did start opening at 11am for Saturdays and Sundays. Not sure when the tables filled up but only 4 hours in and they're slammed.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk
PokerGuvnA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2018, 08:18 AM   #4638
Rizzeedizzee
veteran
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Posts: 2,629
Re: New England General Discussion - Poker Room List in OP

Quote:
Originally Posted by PokerGuvnA View Post
No promo today, though they did start opening at 11am for Saturdays and Sundays. Not sure when the tables filled up but only 4 hours in and they're slammed.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk
Rain probably helped. I'm heading there today on a bright sunny day so I'll report back about how crowded it is before noon and when the room fills up, assuming it does.
Rizzeedizzee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2018, 05:49 PM   #4639
413AceKing
old hand
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Location: Mass
Posts: 1,247
Re: New England General Discussion - Poker Room List in OP

I tested the trip to MGM coming from the south this morning. It's surprisingly easy to get off 91 to the garage. Way better than the trip to foxwoods for people in the 91 corridor.
Hopefully the room kicks was!

I'm going to make a trip to the tribes for what will probably be the last time at some point this week.
413AceKing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2018, 12:07 PM   #4640
upanddown
stranger
 
Join Date: Jul 2018
Posts: 12
Re: New England General Discussion - Poker Room List in OP

Quote:
Originally Posted by 413AceKing View Post
I tested the trip to MGM coming from the south this morning. It's surprisingly easy to get off 91 to the garage. Way better than the trip to foxwoods for people in the 91 corridor.
Hopefully the room kicks was!

I'm going to make a trip to the tribes for what will probably be the last time at some point this week.
Is it still only going to be 20 tables? I guess if you're a NLHE cash game player, that's sufficient. But as somebody who's primarily interested in tournaments, and sometimes non-holdem cash games I'm guessing Springfield won't be for me.
upanddown is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2018, 04:10 PM   #4641
The Mind Reader
grinder
 
The Mind Reader's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Location: Massachusetts!
Posts: 442
Re: New England General Discussion - Poker Room List in OP

So the grand opening of MGM Springfield is Tuesday August 24th. Will it open that morning? That evening?

Or will it have already soft-opened by then (maybe Sunday the 22nd?), and August 24th is just the "technical" grand opening?

Do we know if the Poker Room is opening on the 24th, or not until later?
The Mind Reader is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2018, 04:41 PM   #4642
bert_stare
centurion
 
bert_stare's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2013
Location: massachuSHTs
Posts: 197
Re: New England General Discussion - Poker Room List in OP

Hopefully MGM brings in a few tourney series' to the area
bert_stare is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2018, 05:05 PM   #4643
sam1chips
adept
 
sam1chips's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2012
Posts: 890
New England General Discussion - Poker Room List in OP

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Mind Reader View Post
So the grand opening of MGM Springfield is Tuesday August 24th. Will it open that morning? That evening?

Or will it have already soft-opened by then (maybe Sunday the 22nd?), and August 24th is just the "technical" grand opening?

Do we know if the Poker Room is opening on the 24th, or not until later?


Not quite sure what calendar you are looking at, but August 24 is on a Friday this year New England General Discussion - Poker Room List in OPNew England General Discussion - Poker Room List in OP

I assumed the poker room would open at same time, but I suppose I havenít heard that specifically
sam1chips is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2018, 08:13 AM   #4644
Big Whoop
adept
 
Big Whoop's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Location: Massachusetts
Posts: 907
Re: New England General Discussion - Poker Room List in OP

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Mind Reader View Post
So the grand opening of MGM Springfield is Tuesday August 24th. Will it open that morning? That evening?

Or will it have already soft-opened by then (maybe Sunday the 22nd?), and August 24th is just the "technical" grand opening?

Do we know if the Poker Room is opening on the 24th, or not until later?
It's all posted here. https://www.mgmspringfield.com/en/am...portation.html

Doors open at 11am.
Big Whoop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2018, 12:05 PM   #4645
Army Eye
veteran
 
Army Eye's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2003
Location: Foxwoods
Posts: 2,399
Re: New England General Discussion - Poker Room List in OP

Quote:
Originally Posted by upanddown View Post
Is it still only going to be 20 tables? I guess if you're a NLHE cash game player, that's sufficient. But as somebody who's primarily interested in tournaments, and sometimes non-holdem cash games I'm guessing Springfield won't be for me.
They've said on their Facebook they're going to be doing tournaments. You're right that it seems difficult with only 23 tables, so I don't know. unless they're running tourneys in a different area like Foxwoods used to
Army Eye is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2018, 12:39 PM   #4646
The Mind Reader
grinder
 
The Mind Reader's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Location: Massachusetts!
Posts: 442
Re: New England General Discussion - Poker Room List in OP

Haha, I can't believe I got mixed up about what day of the week August 24th is!

Big Whoop, thanks for that link! I'll be there at 11:00 that day assuming poker is opening with everything else....
The Mind Reader is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2018, 12:41 PM   #4647
Mr. Chris
centurion
 
Mr. Chris's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Location: Massachusetts
Posts: 190
Re: New England General Discussion - Poker Room List in OP

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Mind Reader View Post
Haha, I can't believe I got mixed up about what day of the week August 24th is!

Big Whoop, thanks for that link! I'll be there at 11:00 that day assuming poker is opening with everything else....
Trip report please.
Mr. Chris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2018, 12:48 PM   #4648
sam1chips
adept
 
sam1chips's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2012
Posts: 890
Re: New England General Discussion - Poker Room List in OP

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Mind Reader View Post
Haha, I can't believe I got mixed up about what day of the week August 24th is!

Big Whoop, thanks for that link! I'll be there at 11:00 that day assuming poker is opening with everything else....


I had to double check myself! I laughed, seemed strange to have an opening day on a Tuesday New England General Discussion - Poker Room List in OP

+1 for a trip report, I was hoping to go on opening day as well but seeming less and less likely with work.

Iíd imagine a handful of kinks to be worked out on opening day, but would be nice to hear about the trip New England General Discussion - Poker Room List in OP
sam1chips is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2018, 02:29 PM   #4649
The Mind Reader
grinder
 
The Mind Reader's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Location: Massachusetts!
Posts: 442
Re: New England General Discussion - Poker Room List in OP

I will absolutely write a trip report when I get back!

I'll only be going if the poker room is opening on the 24th though; If poker isn't opening until later, I have no reason to go then.
The Mind Reader is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2018, 02:32 PM   #4650
Big Whoop
adept
 
Big Whoop's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Location: Massachusetts
Posts: 907
Re: New England General Discussion - Poker Room List in OP

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Mind Reader View Post
I will absolutely write a trip report when I get back!

I'll only be going if the poker room is opening on the 24th though; If poker isn't opening until later, I have no reason to go then.
Poker will be going on the 24th so I don't think you have anything to worry about. I know people who will be working as floor and dealing there.

I am aiming for the 25th to get there.

Sent from my SM-G935P using Tapatalk
Big Whoop is offline   Reply With Quote

Reply
      

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off


Forum Jump


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 10:45 AM.


Powered by vBulletin®
Copyright ©2000 - 2019, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Copyright © 2008-2017, Two Plus Two Interactive
 
 
Poker Players - Streaming Live Online