Two Plus Two Publishing LLC
Two Plus Two Publishing LLC
 

Go Back   Two Plus Two Poker Forums > >

Notices

Venues & Communities Discussion of live, legal poker venues, and discussion among players in live poker "neighborhoods."

View Poll Results: Which casino operator would you prefer to get E. Mass. license?
Wynn/Everett? 131 72.78%
Mohegan/Revere? 49 27.22%
Voters: 180. You may not vote on this poll

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-13-2018, 06:36 PM   #4551
h0trod
journeyman
 
Join Date: Oct 2004
Posts: 364
Re: New England General Discussion - Poker Room List in OP

Quote:
Originally Posted by snowman View Post
MGM Las Vegas suits wandering about Seabrook yesterday for 4-5 hours

talking with patrons on both sides



doubt NH would pass a casino anytime soon thou


MGM North.. its no Borgata North.
h0trod is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2018, 09:35 AM   #4552
RagingOwl
banned
 
Join Date: Jun 2018
Posts: 284
Re: New England General Discussion - Poker Room List in OP

Chasers anecdote...

One recent sunday, during the half-hour high-hand promotion, AAA88 was on the board with just a few minutes to go. A hand went down at my table. The board was AAQxx. Two players battled it out with one folding on the end. The winner, showed his hand to the loser, but no one else.

Then the loser left.

A few minutes later he's talking about the hand with someoene else at the table. Claims he had AQ. The other guy didn't believe him because "you'd have the high hand if you had AQ". So then the guy starts going nuts. Calls the floor...

He tells the floor what happened, and says "that guy that just left saw my hand, you can ask him"

And the floor was like "Ok, I'll see if I can find him" WTF?????!!!!!!!!

About 15 minutes later the floor guy comes back. Now...at this point, AAA88 had already been paid for that half-hour. We were now on a new half hour and KKK77 was currently on the board.

Floor guy says "I couldn't find that dude, but I check the camera and we could see that you had AQ"

So then, they put AAAQQ on the board, even though it happened during the previous half-hour.

Not sure how I feel about this...
RagingOwl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2018, 11:09 AM   #4553
snowman
adept
 
Join Date: Sep 2002
Location: ON THE ROAD AGAIN
Posts: 997
Re: New England General Discussion - Poker Room List in OP

Quote:
Originally Posted by RagingOwl View Post
Chasers anecdote...

One recent sunday, during the half-hour high-hand promotion, AAA88 was on the board with just a few minutes to go. A hand went down at my table. The board was AAQxx. Two players battled it out with one folding on the end. The winner, showed his hand to the loser, but no one else.

Then the loser left.

A few minutes later he's talking about the hand with someoene else at the table. Claims he had AQ. The other guy didn't believe him because "you'd have the high hand if you had AQ". So then the guy starts going nuts. Calls the floor...

He tells the floor what happened, and says "that guy that just left saw my hand, you can ask him"

And the floor was like "Ok, I'll see if I can find him" WTF?????!!!!!!!!

About 15 minutes later the floor guy comes back. Now...at this point, AAA88 had already been paid for that half-hour. We were now on a new half hour and KKK77 was currently on the board.

Floor guy says "I couldn't find that dude, but I check the camera and we could see that you had AQ"

So then, they put AAAQQ on the board, even though it happened during the previous half-hour.

Not sure how I feel about this...
Mr chip would never do anything underhanded and sneaky
unless AQ guy is a buddy of his ??????

oh here come the paid chippy's chirping his praise now
snowman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2018, 11:38 AM   #4554
Call...how much?
enthusiast
 
Join Date: Jul 2015
Location: Fantasy Land
Posts: 69
Re: New England General Discussion - Poker Room List in OP

Quote:
Originally Posted by snowman View Post
Mr chip would never do anything underhanded and sneaky
unless AQ guy is a buddy of his ??????

oh here come the paid chippy's chirping his praise now
Are you implying that a multi-millionaire with an excellent reputation is risking everything to pay a friend $300 of player funded money? I gave your original post some credibility until I read this follow up.
Call...how much? is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2018, 12:40 PM   #4555
snowman
adept
 
Join Date: Sep 2002
Location: ON THE ROAD AGAIN
Posts: 997
Re: New England General Discussion - Poker Room List in OP

Quote:
Originally Posted by Call...how much? View Post
Are you implying that a multi-millionaire with an excellent reputation is risking everything to pay a friend $300 of player funded money? I gave your original post some credibility until I read this follow up.
CHIP chirp CHIP chirp

are you implying you get paid more than $300 ?
snowman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2018, 12:50 PM   #4556
PokerGuvnA
journeyman
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: North of Boston, MA
Posts: 264
Re: New England General Discussion - Poker Room List in OP

Quote:
Originally Posted by Call...how much? View Post
Are you implying that a multi-millionaire with an excellent reputation is risking everything to pay a friend $300 of player funded money? I gave your original post some credibility until I read this follow up.
No point in feeding the trolls. Logic and critical thinking are beyond them.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk
PokerGuvnA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2018, 12:59 PM   #4557
snowman
adept
 
Join Date: Sep 2002
Location: ON THE ROAD AGAIN
Posts: 997
Re: New England General Discussion - Poker Room List in OP

Quote:
Originally Posted by PokerGuvnA View Post
No point in feeding the trolls. Logic and critical thinking are beyond them.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk
that's what I was thinking, good point
snowman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2018, 01:18 PM   #4558
Mr Chip
Poker Room Rep
 
Join Date: Jan 2018
Posts: 16
Re: New England General Discussion - Poker Room List in OP

FROM RagingOwl Chasers anecdote...(My Response)

One recent Sunday (True, July 1), during the half-hour high-hand promotion(False, this happened at 10:19pm during our 10p-midnight 2-hour final High Hand), AAA88 was on the board(True) with just a few minutes to go(way False). A hand went down at my table. The board was AAQxx(True). Two players battled it out with one folding on the end. The winner, showed his hand to the loser, but no one else(so False, He spun the queen to show it to all, dealer, seat 1 and seat 8 likely didn't see it, than after the dealer scooped this card up with the board, he flipped the ace over, same way).

Then the loser left(unknown but lets say True).

A few minutes later he's talking about the hand with someoene else at the table. Claims he had AQ. The other guy didn't believe him because "you'd have the high hand if you had AQ". So then the guy starts going nuts. Calls the floor...(a mixture of True and False, it was a clean calm call of the floor).

He tells the floor what happened, and says "that guy that just left saw my hand, you can ask him(unkown)

And the floor was like "Ok, I'll see if I can find him" WTF?????!!!!!!!!(False)

About 15 minutes later the floor guy comes back. Now...at this point, AAA88 had already been paid for that half-hour. We were now on a new half hour and KKK77 was currently on the board.(False and this is a reason I near never reply on social media. So many people make stuff up and then they and others believe it. Iwent to the video and watched, this happened 20 minutes into a 2-hour end-of-night High Hand and it was resolved by 10:40pm. We did post the AAAQQ under the thought of , we got it right. I am not sure whether we overstepped or not--this is one of those things that rarely happens. We do stress player first and we do stress getting it right so I am okay with this decision. NOTE: This hand eventually got beat out by AAAKK, and AAAKK won the final High Hand and no it wasn't my new BFF snowman).

Floor guy says "I couldn't find that dude, but I check the camera and we could see that you had AQ"(mostly True)

So then, they put AAAQQ on the board(True), even though it happened during the previous half-hour(False).

Not sure how I feel about this...

I am very proud of our entire team and here, even if some do not agree with the ruling, it is consistent with us wanting to get it right. Even with the misleading portion of this post, I am thankful this post happened, we all at Chasers spent significant time on it and we did learn from it.
Mr Chip is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2018, 01:42 PM   #4559
Mat the Gambler
adept
 
Mat the Gambler's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Location: Greater Worcester, MA
Posts: 1,022
Re: New England General Discussion - Poker Room List in OP

Even if that hand happened exactly as you described it, the player did not table his hand. I don't think a high hand should qualify if the dealer exposed the hand instead of the player. More importantly, I don't think a dealer should be turning a non-tabled card over. If I win a pot by getting everyone to fold and I choose to show only one card, I would be pissed if the dealer flipped over my other card.
Mat the Gambler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2018, 01:44 PM   #4560
PokerGuvnA
journeyman
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: North of Boston, MA
Posts: 264
Re: New England General Discussion - Poker Room List in OP

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mat the Gambler View Post
Even if that hand happened exactly as you described it, the player did not table his hand. I don't think a high hand should qualify if the dealer exposed the hand instead of the player. More importantly, I don't think a dealer should be turning a non-tabled card over. If I win a pot by getting everyone to fold and I choose to show only one card, I would be pissed if the dealer flipped over my other card.
I read it as the dealer scooped the queen and then the player tabled the Ace in the same way that he table the queen.... Clarification?

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk
PokerGuvnA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2018, 01:56 PM   #4561
Mr Chip
Poker Room Rep
 
Join Date: Jan 2018
Posts: 16
Re: New England General Discussion - Poker Room List in OP

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mat the Gambler View Post
Even if that hand happened exactly as you described it, the player did not table his hand. I don't think a high hand should qualify if the dealer exposed the hand instead of the player. More importantly, I don't think a dealer should be turning a non-tabled card over. If I win a pot by getting everyone to fold and I choose to show only one card, I would be pissed if the dealer flipped over my other card.
Sorry if I wasn't clear, this did not happen.
Mr Chip is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2018, 01:57 PM   #4562
Mr Chip
Poker Room Rep
 
Join Date: Jan 2018
Posts: 16
Re: New England General Discussion - Poker Room List in OP

Quote:
Originally Posted by PokerGuvnA View Post
I read it as the dealer scooped the queen and then the player tabled the Ace in the same way that he table the queen.... Clarification?

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk


Yes, this one-at-a-time exposing by the player only is what I am saying.
Mr Chip is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2018, 02:27 PM   #4563
riverfish1
Carpal \'Tunnel
 
riverfish1's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Posts: 11,921
Re: New England General Discussion - Poker Room List in OP

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rizzeedizzee View Post
I heard through the grapevine that cards were in the air in the new Lebanon, NH room as of yesterday. Would love to get a TR since I'll likely frequent that room when I stay just over the VT border every once a month or so.
Was there yesterday (Friday late afternoon). Arrived at around 3 PM w/ 1 table of 1/2 running - they got 2 tables of 1/2 up by around 6 PM. Waitlist for 2/5 and that was going to go about 20 minutes before I left - but I had to take my name off because I was leaving - and the rest didn't want to play 4-handed. Max buy-in is $300 at 1/2 and $500 at 2/5 (though most buyins were $100 at the 1/2 game).


Quality of play was.... non-expert. Mostly weak-loose pre, weak-tight post. Many players bet sizing was completely static with no relation to the pot. Majority of players played their hand face up. A couple players gave action but exhibited unthinking aggression - which isn't that difficult to exploit (and it's not just wait for the nuts). I'd also say the number of times I saw weak-tight nits over-bet jam the flop when action players are in and just expect action players to call was laughable.

Room is generally friendly with most people (and dealers) knowing each others. Dealers are allowed to play when not on clock. Dealers are mostly good though make a few mistakes (I saw 3 or 4 cards when they were pitching them that caused redeals or dead cards), but are self-aware and completely un-arrogant. Given we're less than a week in, these minor mistakes aren't a big deal. Dealers will also participate in table chatter and know most of the players. However I'd bring headphones as the 'crusty-old man who gets bad beat every-time they play and has to tell you all about it' ratio is much higher than normal and annoying to hear about.

Water is free - other drinks cost money. Everything from the restaurant attached. It's middle of the woods NH so everything is cheap ($3.25 bottled beers). Chairs are fine and room is fine (again remember this is middle of nowhere NH).

Annoying note - ATM in the attached restaurant has a max withdrawal of $200 - which means multiple transactions.

Overall it's pretty good and worth checking out if in the area. I wouldn't drive any significant distance to play here though, especially since it's very possible to get stuck at a weak-passive nit table and never see a pot over $40.

Edit - a couple other notes
- UTG and button straddles to $5 allowed (this was 1/2, I assume allowed to $10 at 2/5). Button straddle takes precedence. Not uncommon - mostly from players trying to un-nit the place up.

- Eating at table is allowed. Again order from restaurant next door (food is perfectly fine bar food but nothing special)

- Also spread Spanish 21, Roulette, and "New Hampshire Hold'em" (which is just Mississippi Stud).

- While only 2 tables spread, there were 6 or 8 tables total so there's room to grow. Hopefully it does.
riverfish1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2018, 08:08 AM   #4564
snowman
adept
 
Join Date: Sep 2002
Location: ON THE ROAD AGAIN
Posts: 997
Re: New England General Discussion - Poker Room List in OP

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr Chip View Post
FROM RagingOwl Chasers anecdote...(My Response)

One recent Sunday (True, July 1), during the half-hour high-hand promotion(False, this happened at 10:19pm during our 10p-midnight 2-hour final High Hand), AAA88 was on the board(True) with just a few minutes to go(way False). A hand went down at my table. The board was AAQxx(True). Two players battled it out with one folding on the end. The winner, showed his hand to the loser, but no one else(so False, He spun the queen to show it to all, dealer, seat 1 and seat 8 likely didn't see it, than after the dealer scooped this card up with the board, he flipped the ace over, same way).

Then the loser left(unknown but lets say True).

A few minutes later he's talking about the hand with someoene else at the table. Claims he had AQ. The other guy didn't believe him because "you'd have the high hand if you had AQ". So then the guy starts going nuts. Calls the floor...(a mixture of True and False, it was a clean calm call of the floor).

He tells the floor what happened, and says "that guy that just left saw my hand, you can ask him(unkown)

And the floor was like "Ok, I'll see if I can find him" WTF?????!!!!!!!!(False)

About 15 minutes later the floor guy comes back. Now...at this point, AAA88 had already been paid for that half-hour. We were now on a new half hour and KKK77 was currently on the board.(False and this is a reason I near never reply on social media. So many people make stuff up and then they and others believe it. Iwent to the video and watched, this happened 20 minutes into a 2-hour end-of-night High Hand and it was resolved by 10:40pm. We did post the AAAQQ under the thought of , we got it right. I am not sure whether we overstepped or not--this is one of those things that rarely happens. We do stress player first and we do stress getting it right so I am okay with this decision. NOTE: This hand eventually got beat out by AAAKK, and AAAKK won the final High Hand and no it wasn't my new BFF snowman).

Floor guy says "I couldn't find that dude, but I check the camera and we could see that you had AQ"(mostly True)

So then, they put AAAQQ on the board(True), even though it happened during the previous half-hour(False).

Not sure how I feel about this...

I am very proud of our entire team and here, even if some do not agree with the ruling, it is consistent with us wanting to get it right. Even with the misleading portion of this post, I am thankful this post happened, we all at Chasers spent significant time on it and we did learn from it.
If your stating a player tabled his hand(thou unconventionally) and dealer failed to notice it was a HH hand at the time and during the same time period you took steps to correct it than Kudo's for that; I'll give credit where due.
snowman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2018, 08:20 AM   #4565
Big Whoop
adept
 
Big Whoop's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Location: Massachusetts
Posts: 847
Re: New England General Discussion - Poker Room List in OP

Chasers announced on Saturday, that in the month of August they'll be opening at 11AM on weekends.

Idk if this will be going forward or just for August.

Sent from my SM-G935P using Tapatalk
Big Whoop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2018, 10:30 AM   #4566
RagingOwl
banned
 
Join Date: Jun 2018
Posts: 284
Re: New England General Discussion - Poker Room List in OP

Not all of this is accurate IMO. See comments in blue

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr Chip View Post
FROM RagingOwl Chasers anecdote...(My Response)

One recent Sunday (True, July 1), during the half-hour high-hand promotion(False, this happened at 10:19pm during our 10p-midnight 2-hour final High Hand), AAA88 was on the board(True) with just a few minutes to go(way False).
Maybe...though I'm not 100% sure. There was significant post-incident discussion at the table about how AAA88 was lucky to get paid. Are you ABSOLUTELY sure, this didn't happen just before 10pm, and you didn't get it resolved until after 10pm. The dude was gone checking the camera for a while

A hand went down at my table. The board was AAQxx(True). Two players battled it out with one folding on the end. The winner, showed his hand to the loser, but no one else(so False, He spun the queen to show it to all, dealer, seat 1 and seat 8 likely didn't see it, than after the dealer scooped this card up with the board, he flipped the ace over, same way).
I didn't see the queen. I was there. So he didnt' show it all

Then the loser left(unknown but lets say True).

A few minutes later he's talking about the hand with someoene else at the table. Claims he had AQ. The other guy didn't believe him because "you'd have the high hand if you had AQ". So then the guy starts going nuts. Calls the floor...(a mixture of True and False, it was a clean calm call of the floor). By "going nuts" i just meant that he was upset with himself. Alot of "oh ****s" and "god damn its" were uttered before the floor was called.

He tells the floor what happened, and says "that guy that just left saw my hand, you can ask him(unkown) Definitely happened.

And the floor was like "Ok, I'll see if I can find him" WTF?????!!!!!!!!(False) This is actually 1 million percent true.
And probably what I find to be the biggest problem with this incident.
(that being said, I don't think this incident is a catastrophe either. Just not-awesome). Your guy definitely said he would try to find the other player to ask him. He was even directed toward the cage to find him. This is bad IMO, even if it was just lip service to a customer. I honestly think they only thing your guy should have said was "Next time table your hand dumbass"


About 15 minutes later the floor guy comes back. Now...at this point, AAA88 had already been paid for that half-hour. We were now on a new half hour and KKK77 was currently on the board.(False and this is a reason I near never reply on social media. So many people make stuff up and then they and others believe it. Iwent to the video and watched, this happened 20 minutes into a 2-hour end-of-night High Hand and it was resolved by 10:40pm. We did post the AAAQQ under the thought of , we got it right. I am not sure whether we overstepped or not--this is one of those things that rarely happens. We do stress player first and we do stress getting it right so I am okay with this decision. NOTE: This hand eventually got beat out by AAAKK, and AAAKK won the final High Hand and no it wasn't my new BFF snowman).
I admit, I could be wrong...but this isn't really how I remember it. Are you one-thousand percent sure AAA88 didn't get paid out for the half hour before?. I do agree that AAAQQ was beaten out, and the claim of no harm/no foul is legit.

Floor guy says "I couldn't find that dude, but I check the camera and we could see that you had AQ"(mostly True)

So then, they put AAAQQ on the board(True), even though it happened during the previous half-hour(False).

Not sure how I feel about this...

I am very proud of our entire team and here, even if some do not agree with the ruling, it is consistent with us wanting to get it right. Even with the misleading portion of this post, I am thankful this post happened, we all at Chasers spent significant time on it and we did learn from it.
Alright man, but my two cents is that you're opening pandoras box here. good luck closing it. In my opinion, the policy should be "table your ****ing hand, or shut up"

You most definitely had an employee say he would go and ask another player about the contents of an exposed hand with the implication that the information would be used to determine winners and losers of a promotional prize.

Surely you see how messed up that is.
RagingOwl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2018, 10:42 AM   #4567
Rizzeedizzee
veteran
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Posts: 2,606
Re: New England General Discussion - Poker Room List in OP

Quote:
Originally Posted by riverfish1 View Post
Was there yesterday (Friday late afternoon). Arrived at around 3 PM w/ 1 table of 1/2 running - they got 2 tables of 1/2 up by around 6 PM. Waitlist for 2/5 and that was going to go about 20 minutes before I left - but I had to take my name off because I was leaving - and the rest didn't want to play 4-handed. Max buy-in is $300 at 1/2 and $500 at 2/5 (though most buyins were $100 at the 1/2 game).


Quality of play was.... non-expert. Mostly weak-loose pre, weak-tight post. Many players bet sizing was completely static with no relation to the pot. Majority of players played their hand face up. A couple players gave action but exhibited unthinking aggression - which isn't that difficult to exploit (and it's not just wait for the nuts). I'd also say the number of times I saw weak-tight nits over-bet jam the flop when action players are in and just expect action players to call was laughable.

Room is generally friendly with most people (and dealers) knowing each others. Dealers are allowed to play when not on clock. Dealers are mostly good though make a few mistakes (I saw 3 or 4 cards when they were pitching them that caused redeals or dead cards), but are self-aware and completely un-arrogant. Given we're less than a week in, these minor mistakes aren't a big deal. Dealers will also participate in table chatter and know most of the players. However I'd bring headphones as the 'crusty-old man who gets bad beat every-time they play and has to tell you all about it' ratio is much higher than normal and annoying to hear about.

Water is free - other drinks cost money. Everything from the restaurant attached. It's middle of the woods NH so everything is cheap ($3.25 bottled beers). Chairs are fine and room is fine (again remember this is middle of nowhere NH).

Annoying note - ATM in the attached restaurant has a max withdrawal of $200 - which means multiple transactions.

Overall it's pretty good and worth checking out if in the area. I wouldn't drive any significant distance to play here though, especially since it's very possible to get stuck at a weak-passive nit table and never see a pot over $40.

Edit - a couple other notes
- UTG and button straddles to $5 allowed (this was 1/2, I assume allowed to $10 at 2/5). Button straddle takes precedence. Not uncommon - mostly from players trying to un-nit the place up.

- Eating at table is allowed. Again order from restaurant next door (food is perfectly fine bar food but nothing special)

- Also spread Spanish 21, Roulette, and "New Hampshire Hold'em" (which is just Mississippi Stud).

- While only 2 tables spread, there were 6 or 8 tables total so there's room to grow. Hopefully it does.
Much appreciated. Sounds like a room with potential, although I'm not sure what is will aspire to if it only has 6-8 tables. Probably there won't be much in the way of promotions and maybe 2-5 on weekends if they're lucky.
Rizzeedizzee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2018, 10:51 AM   #4568
Rizzeedizzee
veteran
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Posts: 2,606
Re: New England General Discussion - Poker Room List in OP

Pretty shady - IMO - marketing of BBC's promotion this weekend. It was advertised as poker plinko where on Saturday and Sunday the ten hourly high hand winners could drop a Plinko chip on a board and win a $500-$10,000, much like how it was advertised back in June (see here: http://www.bostonbilliardclubcasino....-plinko-day-1/).

The catch is there was no $10,000 slot. To win the $10,000 you had to drop it in the lone $2,500 spot four times in a row! But wait - there's more. If you did manage to drop it in the $2,500 spot and opted to try your luck to hit the $2,500 again in order to to continue your quest to get $10,000 and, say, you landed only in a $1,000 spot on your second try, that became your prize instead. So yeah - $10,000 pretty much was impossible, yet it was there quite prominently in the marketing materials.

I went on Sunday and the room was pretty full from 12-5 when I was there. Oh, and no one even hit the $2,500 on Saturday nor in the four drops I saw on Sunday. For those who care, they apparently have been running at least one table of a mixed $2-$5 NL holdem and $1-$3 (I think it's 1-3, not 1-2) PLO high on most nights plus weekends, according to folks I spoke to at my $2-$5 table.
Rizzeedizzee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2018, 12:15 PM   #4569
Mr Chip
Poker Room Rep
 
Join Date: Jan 2018
Posts: 16
Re: New England General Discussion - Poker Room List in OP

Quote:
Originally Posted by Big Whoop View Post
Chasers announced on Saturday, that in the month of August they'll be opening at 11AM on weekends.

Idk if this will be going forward or just for August.

Sent from my SM-G935P using Tapatalk
We committed to opening at 11am for Saturday and Sunday at the Players request. We want to see how much internal issue it creates with management and dealers etc before we make it our normal business hours.

Our goal is to make it permanent
Mr Chip is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2018, 12:27 PM   #4570
Mr Chip
Poker Room Rep
 
Join Date: Jan 2018
Posts: 16
Re: New England General Discussion - Poker Room List in OP

Quote:
Originally Posted by RagingOwl View Post
Not all of this is accurate IMO. See comments in blue



Alright man, but my two cents is that you're opening pandoras box here. good luck closing it. In my opinion, the policy should be "table your ****ing hand, or shut up"

You most definitely had an employee say he would go and ask another player about the contents of an exposed hand with the implication that the information would be used to determine winners and losers of a promotional prize.

Surely you see how messed up that is.

I think we are saying similar things; the mgr stating he will talk with the other player is odd and it needs to be addressed...thank you for this.

Pandoras Box--I stated earlier it feels like an overstep, so I pretty much agree with you here. My being happy with the team is because we don't have a policy so the goal of the team was to get it right...that I'm happy with. We still have not made a policy here, however, we are leaning towards we don't use our surveillance system to help a player who had a brain-fart. Not sure I'll like whichever way we go here, very happy it appears to be a 1-time-in-9-months-event lol.

Above all, thanks for the post, it has helped.
Mr Chip is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2018, 12:31 PM   #4571
RhodyGuy
adept
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Posts: 966
Re: New England General Discussion - Poker Room List in OP

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr Chip View Post
I think we are saying similar things; the mgr stating he will talk with the other player is odd and it needs to be addressed...thank you for this.

Pandoras Box--I stated earlier it feels like an overstep, so I pretty much agree with you here. My being happy with the team is because we don't have a policy so the goal of the team was to get it right...that I'm happy with. We still have not made a policy here, however, we are leaning towards we don't use our surveillance system to help a player who had a brain-fart. Not sure I'll like whichever way we go here, very happy it appears to be a 1-time-in-9-months-event lol.

Above all, thanks for the post, it has helped.
Overall, the room is run fantastic. There certainly needs to be a specific HH policy in place and whenever you can include in any rule that it is "the players responsibility" it takes a lot of the guesswork out of future decisions such as this one.
RhodyGuy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2018, 03:32 PM   #4572
riverfish1
Carpal \'Tunnel
 
riverfish1's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Posts: 11,921
Re: New England General Discussion - Poker Room List in OP

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rizzeedizzee View Post
Much appreciated. Sounds like a room with potential, although I'm not sure what is will aspire to if it only has 6-8 tables. Probably there won't be much in the way of promotions and maybe 2-5 on weekends if they're lucky.
Remember it's in the middle of nowhere. It's never going to get big and great. Hope there are enough clueless retired people in the area to continue to drive action.

They claim to have had 2/5 running on Weds/Thurs/Fri night and may have gotten it Sat night for all I know - I left before 9 PM as I had other things to do.

Promotions - they claim to plan on creating an hourly high hand promotion and are currently taking $2 from every pot over $50 to fund it (but no high hand promotion). Kind of annoying, but as long as there's a lot of action I can deal.

Like I said - I wouldn't drive any significant distance to play here, but if you're in the area it's fine.
riverfish1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2018, 03:35 PM   #4573
McDarling
stranger
 
Join Date: Aug 2015
Location: Boston, MA
Posts: 9
Re: New England General Discussion - Poker Room List in OP

Quote:
Originally Posted by riverfish1 View Post
Remember it's in the middle of nowhere. It's never going to get big and great. Hope there are enough clueless retired people in the area to continue to drive action.

It is just down the road from Dartmouth, and NHs legal gambling age at poker rooms is 18. I can easily see those rooms filling up quickly once the school year starts up again.


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
McDarling is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2018, 03:48 PM   #4574
Rizzeedizzee
veteran
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Posts: 2,606
Re: New England General Discussion - Poker Room List in OP

Quote:
Originally Posted by riverfish1 View Post
Remember it's in the middle of nowhere. It's never going to get big and great. Hope there are enough clueless retired people in the area to continue to drive action.

They claim to have had 2/5 running on Weds/Thurs/Fri night and may have gotten it Sat night for all I know - I left before 9 PM as I had other things to do.

Promotions - they claim to plan on creating an hourly high hand promotion and are currently taking $2 from every pot over $50 to fund it (but no high hand promotion). Kind of annoying, but as long as there's a lot of action I can deal.

Like I said - I wouldn't drive any significant distance to play here, but if you're in the area it's fine.
I'm not sure I'd label that the middle of nowhere. Location-wise maybe, but beyond what the above poster said about Dartmouth there's also White River Junction which is maybe 20 minutes away and a place I could see having a player pool, not to mention Lebanon itself, which is a decently populated city/town for New Hampshire. Plus who knows - maybe they can draw in some of the vacationers in Quechee and Woodstock? And the lack of any other room even close has to help a lot. I guess if it grows popular enough they could always find a bigger location. Color me interested.
Rizzeedizzee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2018, 06:49 PM   #4575
riverfish1
Carpal \'Tunnel
 
riverfish1's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Posts: 11,921
Re: New England General Discussion - Poker Room List in OP

Quote:
Originally Posted by McDarling View Post
It is just down the road from Dartmouth, and NHs legal gambling age at poker rooms is 18. I can easily see those rooms filling up quickly once the school year starts up again.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rizzeedizzee View Post
I'm not sure I'd label that the middle of nowhere. Location-wise maybe, but beyond what the above poster said about Dartmouth there's also White River Junction which is maybe 20 minutes away and a place I could see having a player pool, not to mention Lebanon itself, which is a decently populated city/town for New Hampshire. Plus who knows - maybe they can draw in some of the vacationers in Quechee and Woodstock? And the lack of any other room even close has to help a lot. I guess if it grows popular enough they could always find a bigger location. Color me interested.
I live here so I realize what's around. This isn't a metro area.

Edit - had a whole post typed up but just found out that the Upper Valley is the nation's larges "micro-region". They must be pretty generous with land area for that because no town in the area bigger than 13.5k people but that's something.

The best bet is people swinging through on the way to/from Killington in the winter and the numerous breweries around during the 4 non-winter months up here (I'm exagerrating - the snow melted in late April this year). However, for that the place is going to need better signage and the entrance to the joint building will need to be redone to be more welcoming.

Look, I'm hopeful that this works out in the long run and they can expand. I love having live poker less than 15 minutes from my house but I think it's important to keep expectations realistic.
riverfish1 is offline   Reply With Quote

Reply
      

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off


Forum Jump


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 02:37 AM.


Powered by vBulletin®
Copyright ©2000 - 2019, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Copyright 2008-2017, Two Plus Two Interactive
 
 
Poker Players - Streaming Live Online