Two Plus Two Publishing LLC
Two Plus Two Publishing LLC
 

Go Back   Two Plus Two Poker Forums > >

Notices

Venues & Communities Discussion of live, legal poker venues, and discussion among players in live poker "neighborhoods."

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-12-2020, 11:39 PM   #5551
Morgan185
stranger
 
Join Date: Jul 2020
Posts: 7
Re: Macau

Quote:
Originally Posted by seriallooser View Post
Damn if that's true, then Poker is dead in Macao for good as PS live closed already a couple of years ago for the tournament side!

Especially since the Wynn was like the anchor of Macau's poker scene.

RIP Live Poker Macau .... 2008 - 2020
brutally taken by COViD-19 before even getting a chance to reach its teen years! Will be missed and probably not forgotten!
Its not dead for good but definitely dead until they remove the temporary gaming laws. Wynn poker might be back 2022
Morgan185 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2020, 11:41 PM   #5552
Morgan185
stranger
 
Join Date: Jul 2020
Posts: 7
Re: Macau

Quote:
Originally Posted by Macau2018 View Post
why do u think the room will be closed beacuse they replaced it with Baccarat during this time when the room is closed?
They have 10x more baccarat tables than customers at peak hours right now so the reason for shifting is not that they need more baccarat tables atleast.
Morgan185 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2020, 04:06 AM   #5553
seriallooser
centurion
 
Join Date: Nov 2010
Posts: 105
Re: Macau

Quote:
Originally Posted by Morgan185 View Post
Its not dead for good but definitely dead until they remove the temporary gaming laws. Wynn poker might be back 2022
I don't pretend to be an expert but for own experience in Macao, at StarWorld, Grand Lisboa, CoD, Grand Waldo... when poker tables are removed ... well they never come back ;(

it makes close to zero sens to go through to the hassle of diassembling the poker room to add baccarat table #354 #355 etc when you have a very low turnout and zero chance of needing those tables!

that's counterproductive ...

but let's hope it returns, and as a MTT Player i hope PS Macau will finally find a new home too !

As seen in europe, after the pandemy poker players were the first to massively return to the tables! they are addicted and loyal customers
seriallooser is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2020, 07:35 AM   #5554
Macau2018
newbie
 
Join Date: Sep 2018
Posts: 37
Re: Macau

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nordling89 View Post
Because for years to come whoever even mentions the word "poker" to senior management will be fired on the spot.
i would be surprised if they actually will be closing for good as the rake increase didtn affect the traffic at all.
Macau2018 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2020, 09:35 AM   #5555
seriallooser
centurion
 
Join Date: Nov 2010
Posts: 105
Re: Macau

Quote:
Originally Posted by Macau2018 View Post
i would be surprised if they actually will be closing for good as the rake increase didtn affect the traffic at all.
How much was the new rake?
seriallooser is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2020, 10:06 AM   #5556
Morgan185
stranger
 
Join Date: Jul 2020
Posts: 7
Re: Macau

Quote:
Originally Posted by seriallooser View Post
How much was the new rake?
300 Wynn
500 Venetian

And the casino pays 38% tax on the gambling revenue pre cost of staff so poker is not really a good business for them.
Morgan185 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2020, 10:06 AM   #5557
Morgan185
stranger
 
Join Date: Jul 2020
Posts: 7
Re: Macau

Venetian poker room have been turned in to a slot machine room now so Macau is without a poker room for the first time in 15 years.
GG
Morgan185 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2020, 10:31 AM   #5558
rickroll
oddly catty
 
rickroll's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Location: serene, serene, puissant, puissant
Posts: 7,623
Re: Macau

end of an era, i am still filled with regret that i didn't move to macau full time - being a dumbass in my early 20s i thought that atm would always exist and always be there

would literally plan my travels through their booking trips to use macau/hk as hubs and then have a few days there on both legs - was amazing, let me travel throughout asia while getting paid

i can only imagine what things would have been like if i just moved there, the amount of times i browsed housing listings there...
rickroll is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2020, 10:45 AM   #5559
Morgan185
stranger
 
Join Date: Jul 2020
Posts: 7
Re: Macau

Best hope right now is probably poker king or poker stars opening up a new room after the pandemic.
Morgan185 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2020, 02:25 PM   #5560
PTLou
Jellybean
 
PTLou's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2008
Location: Charlotte, NC
Posts: 4,776
Re: Macau

Quote:
Originally Posted by Morgan185 View Post
They have 10x more baccarat tables than customers at peak hours right now so the reason for shifting is not that they need more baccarat tables atleast.
this will change that a bit.

https://www.asgam.com/index.php/2020/07/13/macau-rejoices-quarantine-policy-removed-between-macau-and-guangdong-province-from-15-july/?utm_source=IAG+BB&utm_campaign=39c3d587e8-IAGBB_20200702bn_COPY_01&utm_medium=email&utm_term =0_41ef01e2c9-39c3d587e8-131586145
PTLou is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2020, 02:38 PM   #5561
FWWM
FOOT FF Fristion '15
 
FWWM's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2013
Location: Superspreader
Posts: 9,397
Re: Macau

RIP Macau Poker. Well they did the same at Wynn Cotai like 2? yrs ago (replaced the poker room with Baccarat tables 1001 to 1005 or whatever). So I have little hope there, apparently that's a tested and kinda successful change. It's just sucks for peeps like us, like what do you want to go to Macau for now really? I suppose the h00kers come back or are already back but that's not really enough to go by
FWWM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2020, 04:40 AM   #5562
Nordling89
journeyman
 
Nordling89's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Location: asia
Posts: 263
Re: Macau

Paying for hookers out of your own pocket is nowhere near as pleasant if doing so out of a local grandpa MPF fund
Nordling89 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2020, 08:20 AM   #5563
Macau2018
newbie
 
Join Date: Sep 2018
Posts: 37
Re: Macau

Okej so from an source i would say that isvery trustfull is that Macau Poker will be back in 2021. what do u guys think have hapoen with some off the regs meanwhile? one year without playing anything and have expenses might be a good thing for the rolled regs as many might moved on in life.
Macau2018 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2020, 01:03 PM   #5564
rickroll
oddly catty
 
rickroll's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Location: serene, serene, puissant, puissant
Posts: 7,623
Re: Macau

Quote:
Originally Posted by Macau2018 View Post
Okej so from an source i would say that isvery trustfull is that Macau Poker will be back in 2021. what do u guys think have hapoen with some off the regs meanwhile? one year without playing anything and have expenses might be a good thing for the rolled regs as many might moved on in life.
unless macau is much different from the mainland, those regs from abroad & zhuhai should be long gone - China cancelled all existing visas and you need a special exemption now to stay - they'd need to finagle quite a bit of paperwork just to stay and with no poker what's the point?

as of a few months ago, no mainlanders could get new visas for hk or macau either
rickroll is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2020, 08:54 AM   #5565
Morgan185
stranger
 
Join Date: Jul 2020
Posts: 7
Re: Macau

https://macaunews.mo/macao-tourism-c...turn-mid-2021/
Morgan185 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2020, 09:12 AM   #5566
rickroll
oddly catty
 
rickroll's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Location: serene, serene, puissant, puissant
Posts: 7,623
Re: Macau

wow, setting a date so far ahead... RIP Macau poker, had a good run but honestly covid probably just shortened the lifespan by only a few years anyway
rickroll is online now   Reply With Quote
Old Yesterday, 12:08 PM   #5567
Perfection
veteran
 
Perfection's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Location: Being Set Mined
Posts: 2,349
Re: Macau

Quote:
Originally Posted by rickroll View Post
unless macau is much different from the mainland, those regs from abroad & zhuhai should be long gone - China cancelled all existing visas and you need a special exemption now to stay - they'd need to finagle quite a bit of paperwork just to stay and with no poker what's the point?

as of a few months ago, no mainlanders could get new visas for hk or macau either
I don't think China cancelled visas. I am a UK citizen currently in mainland China and my visa has been fine. I actually had it renewed a few weeks ago for another year. Its just that the borders are effectively closed for everyone except citizens (mid March) - If you got in before that happened then you are fine. I think the same must be the case for Macau? Still, doubt the regs have hung around with no games running...

Sad to hear about the news, had my fingers crossed for a travel bubble to create some good games. Anyone happen to have any contacts for games in the Guangdong area?
Perfection is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Yesterday, 01:37 PM   #5568
rickroll
oddly catty
 
rickroll's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Location: serene, serene, puissant, puissant
Posts: 7,623
Re: Macau

Quote:
Originally Posted by Perfection View Post
I don't think China cancelled visas. I am a UK citizen currently in mainland China and my visa has been fine. I actually had it renewed a few weeks ago for another year. Its just that the borders are effectively closed for everyone except citizens (mid March) - If you got in before that happened then you are fine. I think the same must be the case for Macau? Still, doubt the regs have hung around with no games running...

Sad to hear about the news, had my fingers crossed for a travel bubble to create some good games. Anyone happen to have any contacts for games in the Guangdong area?
i had a ten year visa get cancelled and was told explicitly that all current visas are no longer valid - why there's been a ton of foreigners in the entry/exit administration buildings lately dealing with it all - crazy how beijing is now pretty much empty of foreigners and now the only time i see them is when handling visa extensoins

i was given a few months grace period then had to sign a piece of paper saying flights home weren't available and was then able to apply for one month extensions until i got certified as an expert and now I'm legal again - this card would give me 3 years normally but due to covid can only get it for one year but was told i just need to fill out some paperwork to get it extended a few more years when that time ends up
rickroll is online now   Reply With Quote

Reply
      

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off


Forum Jump


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 07:37 AM.


Powered by vBulletin®
Copyright ©2000 - 2020, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Copyright 2008-2017, Two Plus Two Interactive
 
 
Poker Players - Streaming Live Online