Two Plus Two Publishing LLC
Two Plus Two Publishing LLC
 

Go Back   Two Plus Two Poker Forums > >

Notices

Venues & Communities Discussion of live, legal poker venues, and discussion among players in live poker "neighborhoods."

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-08-2018, 03:26 PM   #851
pure_aggression
Pooh-Bah
 
pure_aggression's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Location: Pure Aggression on YouTube
Posts: 4,774
Re: Los Angeles, CA

Quote:
Originally Posted by kansaisupra View Post
Believe it or not lucky lady had one of the best 2/5 games running last year for a period of about 3 months then it died.

They still have 1/2 40-100 and 1/3 80-200. With mostly props playing in that game. If you want a chip $1? $5? I live somewhat close and I could get one for you if you want one. They’re actually kinda make women look bad as I have heard many women leave cause of the chips
Thanks for the info. I appreciate the offer to mail one but it's my custom for me to play a least a little poker at each casino I save a chip from. That sucks if it's really is upsetting women, but it's owned by Larry Flynt so it's not unexpected.
pure_aggression is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2018, 04:23 PM   #852
eco74
Carpal \'Tunnel
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Posts: 9,784
Re: Los Angeles, CA

Well they have porn stars on the chips at Hustler, did they manage to do something worse at Lucky Lady?
eco74 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2018, 04:29 PM   #853
LordRiverRat
veteran
 
Join Date: Mar 2014
Posts: 3,209
Re: Los Angeles, CA

Quote:
Originally Posted by eco74 View Post
Well they have porn stars on the chips at Hustler
Whaaaat? Might have to drive four hours to LA now.
LordRiverRat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2018, 04:36 PM   #854
STinLA
old hand
 
Join Date: May 2009
Location: in the tank
Posts: 1,645
Re: Los Angeles, CA

Quote:
Originally Posted by eco74 View Post
Well they have porn stars on the chips at Hustler, did they manage to do something worse at Lucky Lady?
When's the last time you played at Hustler?
STinLA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2018, 07:55 PM   #855
eco74
Carpal \'Tunnel
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Posts: 9,784
Re: Los Angeles, CA

Quote:
Originally Posted by STinLA View Post
When's the last time you played at Hustler?
Probably a couple months ago. Something change? Newer, better porn stars on the chips?
eco74 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2018, 11:55 PM   #856
STinLA
old hand
 
Join Date: May 2009
Location: in the tank
Posts: 1,645
Re: Los Angeles, CA

Quote:
Originally Posted by eco74 View Post
Probably a couple months ago. Something change? Newer, better porn stars on the chips?
True, the $5 chip has a busty woman showing a lot of cleavage, but less than half of them in my sample. Can't confirm she's a porn star. Haven't seen that design at all on the $1, $2, $10, $25, $100, or $500 chips. Larry's mug is on the $10 denomination.
STinLA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2018, 03:05 PM   #857
pure_aggression
Pooh-Bah
 
pure_aggression's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Location: Pure Aggression on YouTube
Posts: 4,774
Re: Los Angeles, CA

pure_aggression is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2018, 03:23 PM   #858
STinLA
old hand
 
Join Date: May 2009
Location: in the tank
Posts: 1,645
Re: Los Angeles, CA

Quote:
Originally Posted by pure_aggression View Post
Ah. I get it. The Hustler lady wears clothes, albeit skimpy.
STinLA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2018, 04:27 PM   #859
eco74
Carpal \'Tunnel
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Posts: 9,784
Re: Los Angeles, CA

Quote:
Originally Posted by STinLA View Post
True, the $5 chip has a busty woman showing a lot of cleavage, but less than half of them in my sample. Can't confirm she's a porn star. Haven't seen that design at all on the $1, $2, $10, $25, $100, or $500 chips. Larry's mug is on the $10 denomination.
$5 chips at Hustler have Kaylani Lei, don't know who the blonde is on the $1 chips there.
eco74 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2018, 04:59 PM   #860
hamhamt
centurion
 
hamhamt's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2017
Posts: 184
Re: Los Angeles, NLH, $5/5, $3/5

Quote:
Originally Posted by Evanando View Post
I want to find other players that are grinding the low stakes in LA and form a poker group to bounce strategy and hands off each other. Everyone I've met at the tables in LA either pretends to be serious about poker or just doesn't really want to get better. If any of you aspiring pros that are grinding up through the low stakes in LA and need poker homies, hmu!

-Evan
Dm me

Sent from my SM-G950U1 using Tapatalk
hamhamt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2018, 12:20 AM   #861
STinLA
old hand
 
Join Date: May 2009
Location: in the tank
Posts: 1,645
Re: Los Angeles, CA

Quote:
Originally Posted by eco74 View Post
$5 chips at Hustler have Kaylani Lei
I trust your research, but maybe I should, um, "double check" your results.
STinLA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2018, 05:23 AM   #862
macten
enthusiast
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Posts: 57
Re: Los Angeles, CA

I miss the vibe at the old Hollywood Park Casino. There was a certain energy there that was partially dangerous with some fun and excitement. It was like Mos Eisley Cantina or something.

How it is now, the vibe is pretty boring. If you go during regular hours the games are kinda dead.

Things get interesting though in the 11pm to 5am slot. The weirdos show up, the gamblers are still gambling, having put two or three racks into the game and showing no signs of stopping.

Its like poker anywhere else I play. Bad players are still bad and still do not understand many aspects of the game. Everyone just calls, calls, calls, calls. Game is really simple. Over bet your top pair, two pair hands get 2 callers, hope they miss their obvious draws and win more than you lose. No real reason to bluff anyone even in the big games UNLESS they are super tight and you want to get other players to call you more. its really simple ABC poker

Everyone calls and limps. Calls and limps. Jam every single time you have uber premium hands and they get irritated and call off their stacks with kj os. Its really hilarious.

The dealers are still mostly bad, but very nice people. Plenty of crazy players treat them like crap. Love the diversity of player at HPC.

Black, white, persian jew, armenian, asian, indian, you get all kinds of different flavors all at one table all the time, and I love that.
macten is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2018, 02:16 PM   #863
BigStack650
adept
 
BigStack650's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2005
Location: SF Bay Area, CA
Posts: 1,037
Re: Los Angeles, CA

Quote:
Originally Posted by macten View Post
I miss the vibe at the old Hollywood Park Casino. There was a certain energy there that was partially dangerous with some fun and excitement. It was like Mos Eisley Cantina or something.

How it is now, the vibe is pretty boring. If you go during regular hours the games are kinda dead.

Things get interesting though in the 11pm to 5am slot. The weirdos show up, the gamblers are still gambling, having put two or three racks into the game and showing no signs of stopping.

Its like poker anywhere else I play. Bad players are still bad and still do not understand many aspects of the game. Everyone just calls, calls, calls, calls. Game is really simple. Over bet your top pair, two pair hands get 2 callers, hope they miss their obvious draws and win more than you lose. No real reason to bluff anyone even in the big games UNLESS they are super tight and you want to get other players to call you more. its really simple ABC poker

Everyone calls and limps. Calls and limps. Jam every single time you have uber premium hands and they get irritated and call off their stacks with kj os. Its really hilarious.

The dealers are still mostly bad, but very nice people. Plenty of crazy players treat them like crap. Love the diversity of player at HPC.

Black, white, persian jew, armenian, asian, indian, you get all kinds of different flavors all at one table all the time, and I love that.
Great post. I agree!

Sent from my Pixel using 2+2 Forums
BigStack650 is offline   Reply With Quote

Reply
      

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off


Forum Jump


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 11:32 AM.


Powered by vBulletin®
Copyright ©2000 - 2018, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Copyright © 2008-2017, Two Plus Two Interactive
 
 
Poker Players - Streaming Live Online