Two Plus Two Publishing LLC Two Plus Two Publishing LLC
 

Go Back   Two Plus Two Poker Forums > >

Notices

Venues & Communities Discussion of live, legal poker venues, and discussion among players in live poker "neighborhoods."

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-04-2010, 10:57 AM   #101
Mike Smith
Poker Room Rep
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Location: Hanover MD
Posts: 1,418
Re: Isle Casino at Pompano Park Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by stevematador View Post
+1, that is def more convenient.
We started to put it out last week and then decided to hold off. We'll take another look at it this week.

Thanks
Mike Smith is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2010, 11:06 AM   #102
Mike Smith
Poker Room Rep
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Location: Hanover MD
Posts: 1,418
Re: Isle Casino at Pompano Park Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by GoodBear View Post
Mike,

Thought you should know that last night when we started (before the 1st hand was dealt) the 8-16 om8 (1/2 kill) game all 10 out of 10 players wanted to add stud h/l (and 8 of 10 players wanted to play HORSE) but the floor guy (Steve?) said "no". He then went on explaining various (what seemed like trivia) excuses as to why we could not add games, not even just the 1 stud h/l.

Also, brushes seem to not look at the Om8 board on their computer screens to see if seats are open, not even after you go up to tell them. We waited more than 15 min on several occasions both on 7/1 & last night to fill empty seats and their was a list.

On the 1st day, we (main game players) thought they opened a "must move" Om8 (4-8) to feed our main game only to find out later (when we were down to 7 players) that it was decided by floor not to make the other table a must move game. It was not fair to the main game players (which started early on the 1st day) to get short handed while the other game was constantly full.

Another suggestion would be to "promote" games like you do SNGs. Last night the 1st time the Om8 8-16 game was trying to get started after calling down the list on my suggestion, we had 6 players lock up seats. 10 min later without making announcements promoting the new game or allowing us to start it short handed a PLO game was put in its place and they promoted the PLO game until it was full.

Another suggestion would be to have the wait list TV screens show accurate info AND to list words like "HORSE" or "STUD h/l" not just "Mixed". Most of the games on the board seem to have "Interest" listed under them but in reality are actual games going. A non regular player walking in (perhaps regulars too) might turn around and walk right out after taking a look at such an inaccurate TV screen board.

I'm complaining to see change for the better in my favorite S FL room.



Teddy
Teddy,

If we're going to play HORSE, we'll probably play 8 handed, 9 max, but we have to set the system up for that. Steve actually had one player that didn't want to play. He probably told Steve quietly so he wouldn't look like the bad guy. We can change the buttons to HORSE, but started out with Mixed games because we weren't sure what we would be playing.

The 4-8 1/2 kill should have been and will be a must move for the second game. It's my understanding that they accidentally deleted the list on day 1 so hopefully that won't happen again.

As for last night, well, that's our bad for putting two brand new brush up there on a Saturday Night. They are still learning and last night was not a good night for us to let them learn. We were hopeful that with a supervisor assisting them, that they would be OK, but obviously that wasn't the case.
I do apologize for any inconvenience caused, and I can assure you we will learn from our mistakes and improve.
I appreciate your and any other feedback that we receive. Constructive criticism is a gift.

Thanks
Mike Smith is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2010, 12:21 PM   #103
Gambit2300
old hand
 
Gambit2300's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Location: South Florida
Posts: 1,436
Re: Isle Casino at Pompano Park Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by GoodBear View Post
Mike,

Thought you should know that last night when we started (before the 1st hand was dealt) the 8-16 om8 (1/2 kill) game all 10 out of 10 players wanted to add stud h/l (and 8 of 10 players wanted to play HORSE) but the floor guy (Steve?) said "no". He then went on explaining various (what seemed like trivia) excuses as to why we could not add games, not even just the 1 stud h/l.

Also, brushes seem to not look at the Om8 board on their computer screens to see if seats are open, not even after you go up to tell them. We waited more than 15 min on several occasions both on 7/1 & last night to fill empty seats and their was a list.

On the 1st day, we (main game players) thought they opened a "must move" Om8 (4-8) to feed our main game only to find out later (when we were down to 7 players) that it was decided by floor not to make the other table a must move game. It was not fair to the main game players (which started early on the 1st day) to get short handed while the other game was constantly full.

Another suggestion would be to "promote" games like you do SNGs. Last night the 1st time the Om8 8-16 game was trying to get started after calling down the list on my suggestion, we had 6 players lock up seats. 10 min later without making announcements promoting the new game or allowing us to start it short handed a PLO game was put in its place and they promoted the PLO game until it was full.

Another suggestion would be to have the wait list TV screens show accurate info AND to list words like "HORSE" or "STUD h/l" not just "Mixed". Most of the games on the board seem to have "Interest" listed under them but in reality are actual games going. A non regular player walking in (perhaps regulars too) might turn around and walk right out after taking a look at such an inaccurate TV screen board.

I'm complaining to see change for the better in my favorite S FL room.



Teddy
The problem with 7 card is 2 players will have to sit out every hand if the table has 10 people. I would prefer to play 7 card 7 handed if it was up to me, I am not a fan of the running out of cards and using a community card. But I am glad they got some games going in Omaha8, I may have to stop in later today if the weather gets bad.
Gambit2300 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2010, 04:07 PM   #104
Lord_Strife
Carpal \'Tunnel
 
Lord_Strife's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2006
Location: South Florida
Posts: 6,494
Re: Isle Casino at Pompano Park Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by noverbs View Post
What was boston playing?
5/10 nl.
Lord_Strife is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2010, 04:32 PM   #105
Lord_Strife
Carpal \'Tunnel
 
Lord_Strife's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2006
Location: South Florida
Posts: 6,494
Re: Isle Casino at Pompano Park Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by GoodBear View Post
Another suggestion would be to have the wait list TV screens show accurate info AND to list words like "HORSE" or "STUD h/l" not just "Mixed". Most of the games on the board seem to have "Interest" listed under them but in reality are actual games going. A non regular player walking in (perhaps regulars too) might turn around and walk right out after taking a look at such an inaccurate TV screen board.
I believe Pokerstars lists this game as "Mixed H/L"
Lord_Strife is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2010, 06:31 PM   #106
Lord_Strife
Carpal \'Tunnel
 
Lord_Strife's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2006
Location: South Florida
Posts: 6,494
Re: Isle Casino at Pompano Park Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by JRo View Post
LorDstrife, which dealer are you? Giving yoru penchant for magic the gathering I'd have to guess the wavy spiky hair with glasses or more likely the forward straight floppy hair?
Heavyset young guy with spikey hair and glasses. Feel free to say hi, I'm heading in right now.
Lord_Strife is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2010, 11:39 PM   #107
Gambit2300
old hand
 
Gambit2300's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Location: South Florida
Posts: 1,436
Re: Isle Casino at Pompano Park Thread

The 4/8 Omaha8 game was good today, picked up $530 in 5 hrs, these guys chase everything, any 2 low cards they will call.
Gambit2300 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2010, 02:57 AM   #108
Cody1982
veteran
 
Cody1982's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Location: lookin at the glass as half full
Posts: 2,232
Re: Isle Casino at Pompano Park Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gambit2300 View Post
The 4/8 Omaha8 game was good today, picked up $530 in 5 hrs, these guys chase everything, any 2 low cards they will call.
did the game go all day ?
Cody1982 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2010, 03:11 AM   #109
stevematador
old hand
 
stevematador's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2007
Location: Coconut Creek, Florida
Posts: 1,230
Re: Isle Casino at Pompano Park Thread

Just got back from the Isle, played some 1/2 NL with the $300 max buy in, I sat in on a new table when I got there around 11p.m., most of the players were buying in for the $100 minimum, but as the night went on some guys came and bought in for the $300 max. and the action slowly began to pick up a little bit. Games were pretty nitty though, with the occasional cooler hands leading to a big pot, but otherwise nothing crazy. I was able to squeeze out a little profit but games def not as juicy as I hoped.
stevematador is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2010, 03:21 AM   #110
Lord_Strife
Carpal \'Tunnel
 
Lord_Strife's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2006
Location: South Florida
Posts: 6,494
Re: Isle Casino at Pompano Park Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gambit2300 View Post
The 4/8 Omaha8 game was good today, picked up $530 in 5 hrs, these guys chase everything, any 2 low cards they will call.
Did you play on table 22? If so which seat did you sit in the majority of the time?
Lord_Strife is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2010, 04:28 AM   #111
indigophone
centurion
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
Location: FU DOJ!
Posts: 141
Re: Isle Casino at Pompano Park Thread

Sorry but if I go to The Isle again and the brush does as poorly as they did this Saturday I will not be returning and I will not recommend this casino to anyone. Also the sit n go tournaments were very poorly handled on Saturday. They would not even attempt to start a sit n go until there was 10 people on the list. Normally they start these when there is 7 or 8 people on the list. The $40 sit n go tournaments always sell out on Saturday night but they waited so long that all the people interested in the sit n goes ended up leaving by the time they started the next one. I was so tilted by how they handled things on one of their busiest nights that I ended up spewing $100 on $1/$2 Limit before leaving!
indigophone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2010, 08:18 AM   #112
GoodBear
centurion
 
GoodBear's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Posts: 155
Thumbs up Re: Isle Casino at Pompano Park Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gambit2300 View Post
The problem with 7 card is 2 players will have to sit out every hand if the table has 10 people. I would prefer to play 7 card 7 handed if it was up to me, I am not a fan of the running out of cards and using a community card. But I am glad they got some games going in Omaha8, I may have to stop in later today if the weather gets bad.
We added Stud8 last night to our 8/16 Om8 half kill game and we were 9 handed starting out. Not even close to mixing the burn cards back in or running out of cards for a spit; as mostly every hand was head up after the door card. In fact we had very few split pots in the Stud8 rounds, which made it nice since the next hand was a half kill at 12/24 when the pot reached $80+! Several times the last Stud8 hand of the round was a half kill pot and we carried it over to the 1st hand of the Om8 round.

If it got 10 handed in the Stud8 round, we were going to have the button sit out one hand. We were using the button anyways to keep track of the round for each game. When the button got to the 10 seat we changed the game.

It did not happen but had there been a full 10 handed table and 1 person was away from the table nobody would sit out, not even the button. We were also going to give that "away" person the button (when it was their turn to have it) so we had a full 10 games of Stud8 before changing the game back to Om8. This can be improved IMHO to give the dealer 10 other chips (i.e. non monetary tournament chips would work) in order to keep track and get a full 10 games for each round instead of using the dealer button.

As it turned out we went down to 8 (after they opened a PLO game and we lost players from our table but added some players) and the game was strong for at least 2+ hours more!

This is an exciting game/structure IMHO, 8/16 half kill Om8/Stud8 (stud had $1 ante & $3 bring in)! It plays deeper than a 10/20 half kill game using mostly $2 chips!

Teddy

Last edited by GoodBear; 07-05-2010 at 08:28 AM.
GoodBear is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2010, 08:46 AM   #113
Gambit2300
old hand
 
Gambit2300's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Location: South Florida
Posts: 1,436
Re: Isle Casino at Pompano Park Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cody1982 View Post
did the game go all day ?
They said it opened at 10 am and there was a list at 9:30 when I left.
The only thing I didn't like was the way they do the 1/2 kill, the kill does not get to act last preflop, they still do it in order, so when you win and you are in early position it kind of sucks, but other then that the game is good.

seat 7, you dealt to me.
Gambit2300 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2010, 08:49 AM   #114
GoodBear
centurion
 
GoodBear's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Posts: 155
Thumbs up Re: Isle Casino at Pompano Park Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike Smith View Post
Teddy,

If we're going to play HORSE, we'll probably play 8 handed, 9 max, but we have to set the system up for that. Steve actually had one player that didn't want to play. He probably told Steve quietly so he wouldn't look like the bad guy. We can change the buttons to HORSE, but started out with Mixed games because we weren't sure what we would be playing.

The 4-8 1/2 kill should have been and will be a must move for the second game. It's my understanding that they accidentally deleted the list on day 1 so hopefully that won't happen again.

As for last night, well, that's our bad for putting two brand new brush up there on a Saturday Night. They are still learning and last night was not a good night for us to let them learn. We were hopeful that with a supervisor assisting them, that they would be OK, but obviously that wasn't the case.
I do apologize for any inconvenience caused, and I can assure you we will learn from our mistakes and improve.
I appreciate your and any other feedback that we receive. Constructive criticism is a gift.

Thanks
Thank you and Steve for allowing us to add the Stud8 last night and the quick improvement in all areas in which I was complaining about! Especially in the "promote" area. After adding Stud8 to our Om8 last night, a new PLO game was opened and we lost several players BUT I immediately heard an announcement promoting our game (and several announcements throughout the night) to replace the players that left/went to other games.

It's refreshing to know that my favorite S FL room listens to its players as you always have!

Thanks again,
Teddy
PS - I also like the fact that I called in to start the Om8 lists the last 2 mornings and when I showed up about an hour later, the game started as I was walking in around 10am! Now if we could only get the 8/16 game to start at 10am everyday, I'd be in poker heaven !

Last edited by GoodBear; 07-05-2010 at 09:06 AM.
GoodBear is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2010, 08:54 AM   #115
GoodBear
centurion
 
GoodBear's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Posts: 155
Re: Isle Casino at Pompano Park Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gambit2300 View Post
They said it opened at 10 am and there was a list at 9:30 when I left.
The only thing I didn't like was the way they do the 1/2 kill, the kill does not get to act last preflop, they still do it in order, so when you win and you are in early position it kind of sucks, but other then that the game is good.

seat 7, you dealt to me.
I was in seat 4 from 10am when the game opened but left a few hours later for the 8/16. When the 8/16 broke I came back to the 4/8 Om8. and sat in seat 2 then seat 4. Were you still there after 8pm? If so, I remember you in seat 7 but forgot your 1st name.

Teddy
GoodBear is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2010, 09:02 AM   #116
GoodBear
centurion
 
GoodBear's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Posts: 155
Re: Isle Casino at Pompano Park Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gambit2300 View Post
The 4/8 Omaha8 game was good today, picked up $530 in 5 hrs, these guys chase everything, any 2 low cards they will call.
I too made money in this game all 3 days I played it! However, I'm always a chasing bluffing aggressive winner who talks a lot (sometimes too much talking)!

Teddy
GoodBear is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2010, 09:24 AM   #117
GoodBear
centurion
 
GoodBear's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Posts: 155
Lightbulb Re: Isle Casino at Pompano Park Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gambit2300 View Post
They said it opened at 10 am and there was a list at 9:30 when I left.
The only thing I didn't like was the way they do the 1/2 kill, the kill does not get to act last preflop, they still do it in order, so when you win and you are in early position it kind of sucks, but other then that the game is good.

seat 7, you dealt to me.
Mike,

Is it allowed in the FL rules to have the kill act last? If so and most players want it can we change to have the kill acting last?

Teddy
GoodBear is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2010, 10:59 AM   #118
Gambit2300
old hand
 
Gambit2300's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Location: South Florida
Posts: 1,436
Re: Isle Casino at Pompano Park Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by GoodBear View Post
I was in seat 4 from 10am when the game opened but left a few hours later for the 8/16. When the 8/16 broke I came back to the 4/8 Om8. and sat in seat 2 then seat 4. Were you still there after 8pm? If so, I remember you in seat 7 but forgot your 1st name.

Teddy
You had a gray ball cap on? or were you the guy with the world series jacket? Loud guy was the jacket, I have to think that was you.
Gambit2300 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2010, 01:52 PM   #119
parisron
Carpal \'Tunnel
 
parisron's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Location: CheapLasVegasTrip.com
Posts: 7,954
Re: Isle Casino at Pompano Park Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gambit2300 View Post
You had a gray ball cap on? or were you the guy with the world series jacket? Loud guy was the jacket, I have to think that was you.
Im guessing he is the guy in his avatar picture. I could be wrong.
parisron is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2010, 02:48 PM   #120
Mike Smith
Poker Room Rep
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Location: Hanover MD
Posts: 1,418
Re: Isle Casino at Pompano Park Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by indigophone View Post
Sorry but if I go to The Isle again and the brush does as poorly as they did this Saturday I will not be returning and I will not recommend this casino to anyone. Also the sit n go tournaments were very poorly handled on Saturday. They would not even attempt to start a sit n go until there was 10 people on the list. Normally they start these when there is 7 or 8 people on the list. The $40 sit n go tournaments always sell out on Saturday night but they waited so long that all the people interested in the sit n goes ended up leaving by the time they started the next one. I was so tilted by how they handled things on one of their busiest nights that I ended up spewing $100 on $1/$2 Limit before leaving!
I apologize for your experience. As I said in a previous post, it was my bad for putting two new brush on a Saturday Night. Hopefully we will improve in that area quickly. As for the SNG's, we do want to continue to have them and perhaps grow them, I think we had 14 Saturday Night, but we are trying to hold the noise down to a minimum from our brush stand.

As always, I appreciate the feedback
Mike Smith is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2010, 02:51 PM   #121
Mike Smith
Poker Room Rep
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Location: Hanover MD
Posts: 1,418
Re: Isle Casino at Pompano Park Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by GoodBear View Post
Mike,

Is it allowed in the FL rules to have the kill act last? If so and most players want it can we change to have the kill acting last?

Teddy
Teddy,

There's nothing in the Regulations concerning the Kills. We taught it this we becasue it's the easiest way to learn and also becuase many players do prefer it that way and it makes a smoother flowing game. We can explore changing it in the future if it's what our players prefer.
Mike Smith is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2010, 04:07 PM   #122
Gambit2300
old hand
 
Gambit2300's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Location: South Florida
Posts: 1,436
Re: Isle Casino at Pompano Park Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike Smith View Post
Teddy,

There's nothing in the Regulations concerning the Kills. We taught it this we becasue it's the easiest way to learn and also becuase many players do prefer it that way and it makes a smoother flowing game. We can explore changing it in the future if it's what our players prefer.
I have to disagree about the players liking it that way, the talk on the table was it should be the other way and every time a player sat that hasn't played at the Isle made a comment that the kill acts last, IMO if it is a "in turn 1/2 kill" it should be optional, I got the 1/2 kill once or twice under the gun and had to act first, I would have much rather turned it down from that position. If you are listening to the dealers they are just telling you what ever they think you want to hear, so you told them it was in order so that is what they will tell you is what everyone wants.

As for the guy complaining about the chip runners, he must have been having a bad day, they seemed a little unsure of their selfs but other then that they were doing a good job. I was a little confused with the sign in board, it didn't show all the games and when I signed up it said the table was 17, 17 was empty then they changed it to a interest list which was wrong too. They were missing the 8/16 O8 game just to let you know.

But a few months ago you said you were looking into more TV's, still waiting to watch some sports once in a while, the guy across from me made a comment that reminded me, he was in seat 10 so he had the TV's to his back, I seen them perfectly so it didn't remind me till he said it.

Over all the excitement is way up, alot of people said they never came out because the limits were too low for O8.
Gambit2300 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2010, 08:55 PM   #123
dozer
veteran
 
Join Date: Mar 2005
Location: FLL
Posts: 2,440
Re: Isle Casino at Pompano Park Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gambit2300 View Post
You had a gray ball cap on? or were you the guy with the world series jacket? Loud guy was the jacket, I have to think that was you.
Though I have played with Teddy just once, I feel comfortable enough saying he's the loud guy.
dozer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2010, 10:01 PM   #124
JRo
grinder
 
JRo's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2008
Location: donating on the river
Posts: 545
Re: Isle Casino at Pompano Park Thread

+1 for more TVs and carrying UFC fights. Advertise that the UFC fight will be carried and you will fill your seats with testosterone.

Unfortunately, the fights are at a time when you're already near capacity I think, so probably not much incentive.
JRo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2010, 12:09 AM   #125
Gambit2300
old hand
 
Gambit2300's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Location: South Florida
Posts: 1,436
Re: Isle Casino at Pompano Park Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by JRo View Post
+1 for more TVs and carrying UFC fights. Advertise that the UFC fight will be carried and you will fill your seats with testosterone.

Unfortunately, the fights are at a time when you're already near capacity I think, so probably not much incentive.
What would be great is if they changed that mickey mouse food court into a sports bar, like a small Bru's Room, it is a waist of space in my opinion.
Casinos need to learn every sit down restaurant doesn't need to be high end or a buffet.
Gambit2300 is offline   Reply With Quote

Reply
      

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off


Forum Jump


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 06:16 AM.


Powered by vBulletin®
Copyright ©2000 - 2017, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Copyright © 2008-2010, Two Plus Two Interactive
 
 
Poker Players - Streaming Live Online