Two Plus Two Publishing LLC Two Plus Two Publishing LLC
 

Go Back   Two Plus Two Poker Forums > >

Notices

Venues & Communities Discussion of live, legal poker venues, and discussion among players in live poker "neighborhoods."

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-12-2008, 08:07 PM   #76
illini43
Pooh-Bah
 
illini43's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2005
Posts: 4,813
Re: Horseshoe Casino - Hammond, IN

The only thing more tables does is increase the likelihood that someone will hit a jackpot hand because there are simply MORE hands going at one time, multiplying the small chance of hitting a jackpot slightly. The more hands going on at one time, statistically it won't take as long for someone to hit a jackpot as if there were only a few tables running.
illini43 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2008, 05:27 PM   #77
magoo
adept
 
magoo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2004
Posts: 1,186
Re: HORSESHOE HAMMOND $6.00 RAKE

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dan. View Post
I don't remember any of us being forced to play there. Although I'll double-check on that...
Right about that. Columbus day. Bunch of empty tables, in a four million person geopgraphical region. A whole lot of people have stopped playing poker, because of the costs associated with the lower, "limit" games.
magoo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2008, 06:44 PM   #78
pjf1969
journeyman
 
pjf1969's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Location: Chicago
Posts: 393
Re: HORSESHOE HAMMOND $6.00 RAKE

Quote:
Originally Posted by magoo View Post
...in a four million person geopgraphical region...
way off

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Chicago_metropolitan_area
pjf1969 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2008, 12:42 AM   #79
Raise It
Horseshoe Hammond
 
Join Date: Apr 2008
Location: Indiana
Posts: 560
Re: Horseshoe Casino - Hammond, IN

Quote:
Originally Posted by RakeVIP View Post
Curiously, any idea why the 100/200 isn't going as often?

Also Jeremy - I'm looking at coming back up on the 22nd and staying as long as my bankroll allows, will single table satelites start at that time?

Oh, and I just want to add - thanks so much for making the trip for me and my wife a pleasurable one, it really helped in the abscence of her usual spa days and such while I play.
Not sure, I know a few of the players were playing in Vegas for a few weeks.

Single table satellites start the 24th.

No problem, glad you enjoyed yourself.
Raise It is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2008, 12:50 AM   #80
Raise It
Horseshoe Hammond
 
Join Date: Apr 2008
Location: Indiana
Posts: 560
Re: Horseshoe Casino - Hammond, IN

Quote:
Originally Posted by lpneck View Post
Jeremy- is there a structure yet for the HORSE tournament during the Circuit Event?
I think it should be on the website any day along with the rest of them.
Raise It is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2008, 01:25 AM   #81
illini43
Pooh-Bah
 
illini43's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2005
Posts: 4,813
Re: Horseshoe Casino - Hammond, IN

Quote:
Originally Posted by Raise It View Post
I think it should be on the website any day along with the rest of them.
FABULOUS!!!
illini43 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2008, 10:37 AM   #82
DiamondsDave
stranger
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Posts: 8
Re: Horseshoe Casino - Hammond, IN

Horseshoe bad policy. Why does floor people start new games before filling open
seats in existing games. This happened again monday night approx. 8pm in 2/5 nl.
There were 4 games running. The table I was at had 2 seats open approx 10 min.
I hear an announcement for new 2/5 nl. Table to my left has two and table behind
has 3 open seats,seven total. I ask dealer to call floor and ask if they are going to
fill open seats before opening a new game? The floor fills two seats at table to my
left,but why two at one table and why not put player at table with 3 open seats?
I dont get it! They dont get it! You guessed it,floor starts a new 5th 2/5 nl with
5 seats open on two existing tables. You guessed it again within 15 minutes my
table and the one behind me were down to 5 players each. We combined after
another player left. Has any one else encountered this at the Horseshoe?
DiamondsDave is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2008, 12:59 PM   #83
GoChoo
adept
 
GoChoo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2008
Location: The Chi
Posts: 962
Re: Horseshoe Casino - Hammond, IN

Quote:
Originally Posted by DiamondsDave View Post
Horseshoe bad policy. Why does floor people start new games before filling open
seats in existing games. This happened again monday night approx. 8pm in 2/5 nl.
There were 4 games running. The table I was at had 2 seats open approx 10 min.
I hear an announcement for new 2/5 nl. Table to my left has two and table behind
has 3 open seats,seven total. I ask dealer to call floor and ask if they are going to
fill open seats before opening a new game? The floor fills two seats at table to my
left,but why two at one table and why not put player at table with 3 open seats?
I dont get it! They dont get it! You guessed it,floor starts a new 5th 2/5 nl with
5 seats open on two existing tables. You guessed it again within 15 minutes my
table and the one behind me were down to 5 players each. We combined after
another player left. Has any one else encountered this at the Horseshoe?
i have.
GoChoo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2008, 02:37 PM   #84
jacksquat
grinder
 
Join Date: Aug 2006
Posts: 475
Re: Horseshoe Casino - Hammond, IN

keeping tables full seems to be a real issue at the shoe. i have been there three times ( 24 hr. session last visit ) and i have played more 5 to 7 handed poker then anything else. along with the issue addressed above, the in-table computer is useless as people take ridiculously long dinner breaks, as well as generally wondering about. i have heard players at other venues that voice similar stories and complaints.

and yes, i and others have mentioned it to the staff.
jacksquat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2008, 03:56 PM   #85
Foldemed
newbie
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Posts: 34
Re: Horseshoe Casino - Hammond, IN

Quote:
Originally Posted by jacksquat View Post
keeping tables full seems to be a real issue at the shoe. i have been there three times ( 24 hr. session last visit ) and i have played more 5 to 7 handed poker then anything else. along with the issue addressed above, the in-table computer is useless as people take ridiculously long dinner breaks, as well as generally wondering about. i have heard players at other venues that voice similar stories and complaints.

and yes, i and others have mentioned it to the staff.
Happened to me too. Don't like it!
Foldemed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2008, 05:16 PM   #86
ChicagoJoe
banned
 
ChicagoJoe's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2005
Location: Chicago
Posts: 662
Re: Horseshoe Casino - Hammond, IN

I have just heard that the Horseshoe will be giving away 28 seats to their WSOP circuit main event. The promotion starts tomorrow 10/15 and runs to 10/21. At 3am, 9am, 3pm, and 9pm they will select one table. After the hand has been played they will deal one card to each player. The high card will receive a seat to the WSOP circuit main event 10/31 worth $5150. So for one seat every six hours for the next seven days comes to a total giveaway of $144,200. if someone wins the WSOP circuit event this promotion could be worth hundreds of thousands of dollars.
ChicagoJoe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2008, 05:19 PM   #87
Jaconda78
old hand
 
Join Date: May 2006
Posts: 1,282
Re: Horseshoe Casino - Hammond, IN

I love it when that happens. Fill 'em slowly, Jeremy!
Jaconda78 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2008, 05:27 PM   #88
youngfourtweezie
centurion
 
Join Date: Apr 2008
Location: Chicago
Posts: 107
Re: Horseshoe Casino - Hammond, IN

Quote:
Originally Posted by stevieb View Post
Went to play 5-10 last night and think i saw steve billirakis playing in bennys room. can anyone confirm?


Ive seen him their already. I wasn't their that night but safe to assume it was him.
youngfourtweezie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2008, 05:58 PM   #89
magoo
adept
 
magoo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2004
Posts: 1,186
Re: HORSESHOE HAMMOND $6.00 RAKE

Quote:
Originally Posted by pjf1969 View Post
O.K. 8 million.
I've been here since it was 4 million. I need to stop using outdated stats.

"Right about that. Columbus day. Bunch of empty tables, in a four million person geopgraphical region. A whole lot of people have stopped playing poker, because of the costs associated with the lower, "limit" games."
magoo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2008, 06:04 PM   #90
magoo
adept
 
magoo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2004
Posts: 1,186
Re: Horseshoe Casino - Hammond, IN

Quote:
Originally Posted by jacksquat
keeping tables full seems to be a real issue at the shoe. i have been there three times ( 24 hr. session last visit ) and i have played more 5 to 7 handed poker then anything else. along with the issue addressed above, the in-table computer is useless as people take ridiculously long dinner breaks, as well as generally wondering about. i have heard players at other venues that voice similar stories and complaints.

and yes, i and others have mentioned it to the staff.


Quote:
Originally Posted by Foldemed View Post
Happened to me too. Don't like it!
The situation is so bad, it is taking the "grind" out of "grinding"...leaving nothing.
magoo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2008, 08:43 PM   #91
mblax10
veteran
 
mblax10's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2004
Posts: 2,613
Re: HORSESHOE HAMMOND $6.00 RAKE

Quote:
Originally Posted by magoo View Post
O.K. 8 million.
I've been here since it was 4 million. I need to stop using outdated stats.

"Right about that. Columbus day. Bunch of empty tables, in a four million person geopgraphical region. A whole lot of people have stopped playing poker, because of the costs associated with the lower, "limit" games."
Third times a charm. Last I checked it's not 2000 anymore.
mblax10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2008, 09:35 AM   #92
DiamondsDave
stranger
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Posts: 8
Re: Horseshoe Casino - Hammond, IN

Quote:
Originally Posted by DiamondsDave View Post
Horseshoe bad policy. Why does floor people start new games before filling open
seats in existing games. This happened again monday night approx. 8pm in 2/5 nl.
There were 4 games running. The table I was at had 2 seats open approx 10 min.
I hear an announcement for new 2/5 nl. Table to my left has two and table behind
has 3 open seats,seven total. I ask dealer to call floor and ask if they are going to
fill open seats before opening a new game? The floor fills two seats at table to my
left,but why two at one table and why not put player at table with 3 open seats?
I dont get it! They dont get it! You guessed it,floor starts a new 5th 2/5 nl with
5 seats open on two existing tables. You guessed it again within 15 minutes my
table and the one behind me were down to 5 players each. We combined after
another player left. Has any one else encountered this at the Horseshoe?
Please reply
DiamondsDave is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2008, 09:53 AM   #93
alwaysbusted
newbie
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Posts: 24
Re: Horseshoe Casino - Hammond, IN

jeremy could you start spreading a 1-2 plo, ive heard your reason for 2-5 and the buy in is only 100, but jeremy, the game rarely goes. when your sitting against a stack of 500 vs 100 not really comfortable . especially for novices of the game like myself. LET JEREMY KNOW IF ANYONE WOULD HAVE ANY INTEREST IN THIS GAME.
alwaysbusted is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2008, 10:46 AM   #94
Cosines11
Pooh-Bah
 
Cosines11's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Location: post count > BR
Posts: 4,405
Re: Horseshoe Casino - Hammond, IN

Quote:
Originally Posted by alwaysbusted View Post
jeremy could you start spreading a 1-2 plo, ive heard your reason for 2-5 and the buy in is only 100, but jeremy, the game rarely goes. when your sitting against a stack of 500 vs 100 not really comfortable . especially for novices of the game like myself. LET JEREMY KNOW IF ANYONE WOULD HAVE ANY INTEREST IN THIS GAME.
I would definitely be interested in this. I can probably afford to play 2-5 plo, and I DO play 2-5 nlhe a decent amount, but plo is so much more swingy AND I've never played live plo before. So there's a comfort issue as well.

Jeremy, I really think doing this will generate higher plo games in the future. I think a lot of people are intimidated by the prospect of losing $500 in 2 or 3 hands, which can definitely happen in plo even if you play correctly. This, coupled with the fact that not many people have played live plo, should be reason enough to at least give 1-2 a shot.

Thanks,
R
Cosines11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2008, 10:59 AM   #95
ilmostro
enthusiast
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
Location: LA
Posts: 65
Re: Horseshoe Casino - Hammond, IN

i play the 2/5 plo but the past few times i went, there was a list of interest, but never got going.

i think 1/2 may drum up more interest, as others have indicated. i would gladly play that over 2/5 nl

-T
ilmostro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2008, 12:55 PM   #96
A.P. Keaton
centurion
 
Join Date: May 2007
Posts: 162
Quote:
Originally Posted by ilmostro View Post
i play the 2/5 plo but the past few times i went, there was a list of interest, but never got going.

i think 1/2 may drum up more interest, as others have indicated. i would gladly play that over 2/5 nl

-T
Just to add my two cents, I agree w the last two posters. I would definitely play a 1 2 PLO. I have played the 2 5 twice. I would play 1 2 regularly if it was spread. When the room first opened, I asked if they would start a 1 2 PLO list and they said no. I understand their reasoning, but maybe if more people chimed in here, they would change their mind.
A.P. Keaton is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2008, 01:35 PM   #97
Brian707
journeyman
 
Brian707's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Posts: 292
Re: Horseshoe Casino - Hammond, IN

I agree with the 1/2 PLO. I want to play live but 2/5 is a bit pricey.

I usually go Friday's and if I remember correctly they get the first 2/5 PLO going around mid afternoon.
Brian707 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2008, 01:48 PM   #98
yoolykeme
centurion
 
Join Date: May 2005
Posts: 199
Re: Horseshoe Casino - Hammond, IN

My experience is that if 9 guys show up and ask for the game, they will spread it, so I would suggest that when you go there, put your name on an interest list. Just because they don't spread it on the board, does not mean that it's not available. If there is an open table, available dealer, and viable players, they will make it happen.
yoolykeme is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2008, 02:48 PM   #99
ilmostro
enthusiast
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
Location: LA
Posts: 65
Re: Horseshoe Casino - Hammond, IN

coolio, next time i'm there (probably fri) i will start a list of interest for 1/2 & 2/5 plo.

on another note, when do the sattys start for the wsop tournys? i heard rumors of the 24th, but i was hoping they would get some before the first event. anyone? jeremy?

cheers!
ilmostro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2008, 02:55 PM   #100
Jeffawesome
veteran
 
Jeffawesome's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2006
Posts: 2,212
Re: Horseshoe Casino - Hammond, IN

Quote:
Originally Posted by ilmostro View Post
coolio, next time i'm there (probably fri) i will start a list of interest for 1/2 & 2/5 plo.

on another note, when do the sattys start for the wsop tournys? i heard rumors of the 24th, but i was hoping they would get some before the first event. anyone? jeremy?

cheers!
They begin at 9 am on the 24th.
Jeffawesome is offline   Reply With Quote

Reply
      

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off


Forum Jump


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 05:38 AM.


Powered by vBulletin®
Copyright ©2000 - 2017, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Copyright © 2008-2010, Two Plus Two Interactive
 
 
Poker Players - Streaming Live Online