Two Plus Two Publishing LLC
Two Plus Two Publishing LLC
 

Go Back   Two Plus Two Poker Forums > >

Notices

Venues & Communities Discussion of live, legal poker venues, and discussion among players in live poker "neighborhoods."

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-09-2010, 11:31 AM   #201
Pokerngolf
enthusiast
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Posts: 59
Re: Hollywood Casino @ Charles Town, WV Poker Thread

Hi folks, went to CT last night and stayed at the Inn at Charleston, which is on property but a pretty big walk (other side of the racetrack). A few random data points regarding last night's trip, take them for what they are worth.

By bro and I didn't want to actually do all that standing in line so we waited until it cleared out and put our names on the 1-2 and 3-6 lists at 8:15. Then we went and bet a bunch of races, saw the ones there (the poker room is literally right next to the racetrack, they have horse betting machines in the room, and even one live 'payout' person there).

We ended up getting seated at the same 3-6 table around 11:30, about 15 min after hte races ended so it worked out good. During that time I saw some guy ask 'what games do you have here', he was told it was 3 hr wait, he asked about blackjack (?), then tried to slip the pencil $10 to get put on top of the list This guy was really clueless. The kid just laughed a little and said he couldn't accept it...

2 dealers were quick - both named [name removed] actually. [name removed] was OK but he was distracted because he had a tray come up short (or was it over?) and had to sign a variance slip - the floor (a girl) kept interrupting him and not letting him run his game, he said it was some previous dealer.... awkward. [name removed] was .... um.... still learning - she tried to deliver a pot to 2 pair when someone else had a flush, she dealt people in when they were sitting out, etc.

The Inn is new and nice, not too expensive, just had the free breakfast 2 hrs ago - and all for under $100. The room is big (like a Hilton), and the shuttle free. Highly recommended.

The golf at Locust Hill sucked, but that's probably outside the scope of this thread....

The Sundance Grill has great food but takes too long to get it.

The blackjack mins were $50 and 100, the craps mins were $50, the roulette mins were $25 and 50, the LIR mins were $15 (a bargain!), the 3-card and 4-card poker mins were $25 I think. That big wheel of fortune game where you bet on the dollar bills was $10.

The bumper sticker: if you don't want to stand in line all that time, our system worked OK; put your name on after the tables get called, go kill 3 hrs time and you're good to go. At 11:30 right before we got called there were 90+ people on the 1-2 list, 40 on the $2-5 and 10-20 lists, and 80 on the 3-6 list. In spurts, around 1:30am or so, they seemed to call a bunch of people, almost like they opened up a new table.

Again, to all the folks who contributed to this thread, thanks so much.

Last edited by Rapini; 07-09-2010 at 11:35 AM. Reason: B&M Forum FAQ G.8
Pokerngolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2010, 11:33 AM   #202
Pokerngolf
enthusiast
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Posts: 59
Re: Hollywood Casino @ Charles Town, WV Poker Thread

Also, sorry I forgot

When getting their name added, with a probable 2 hr wait, someone asked if he could be paged (texted). The kid working the pencil said that he sometimes worked, sometimes didn't but asked to get the guy's cell phone # to test it.

He did and the page hit what looked like an iPhone about 1 min later. The kid said that he'd call his name and if it didn't come up he'd then page him through that system.
Pokerngolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2010, 11:40 AM   #203
Rapini
ragging
 
Rapini's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: DC
Posts: 12,592
Re: Hollywood Casino @ Charles Town, WV Poker Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by starsky21 View Post
I was talking to the poker host and they said that the rake is NOT state law. It is the poker manager that sets that rake. He suggested that we all talk to the POKER ROOM MANAGER to get the rake changed the winners pot vs TIME RAKE.

To me $1 every 5 minutes = $6 every 30 min = $12 every hours...is freaking BS

PLEASE EVERYONE, TALK TO THE POKER ROOM MANAGER AND GET THE RAKE SYSTEM FIXED!!!!

The more ppl going up to the manager the more he/she will be pressured to change the rake system.

If anyone knows the name of the poker room manager and their phone number please post. Again call, talk to them in person or write a letter about the rake before they are set in their ways.
I'd also be interested in getting the manager's contact info to let him know that time rake is great because it helps to create action in the game and there's a much smaller possibility of dealers taking too much for the rake.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pokerngolf View Post
[name removed] was .... um.... still learning - she tried to deliver a pot to 2 pair when someone else had a flush, she dealt people in when they were sitting out, etc.
Are you sure that that was incorrect? In some time rake games I've played, including 5/5 PLO @ the WSOP, dealers have to deal in any player who has paid time and their blinds until the next time a blind reaches that player. CTR&S might have the same policy.
Rapini is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2010, 11:49 AM   #204
Pokerngolf
enthusiast
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Posts: 59
Re: Hollywood Casino @ Charles Town, WV Poker Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rapini View Post
Are you sure that that was incorrect? In some time rake games I've played, including 5/5 PLO @ the WSOP, dealers have to deal in any player who has paid time and their blinds until the next time a blind reaches that player. CTR&S might have the same policy.
Perhaps, but this was 3-6, pot raked not time. Also this was a guy who had his buddies waiting for him over at the 10-20 game and were ragging on him to go, his seat had been called, even the floor came over and said, "You have been requested to get your a** over to the 10-20 game" (yes, she actually said that). He said he was sitting out the next hand so he could go, he was racking his chips... and she dealt him anyway.

Oh well, she'll learn.
Pokerngolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2010, 11:49 AM   #205
starsky21
stranger
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Posts: 9
Re: Hollywood Casino @ Charles Town, WV Poker Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rapini View Post
I'd also be interested in getting the manager's contact info to let him know that time rake is great because it helps to create action in the game and there's a much smaller possibility of dealers taking too much for the rake.
IMO - I have to disagree
I perfer pot rake games and don't think adding a TIME RAKE is a hugh factor to force action. To me there's always action at the table. I'm mostly a 1/2 player and just think $6 for 30 min is a lil high.

Esp when the dealers are slow we get 1 round every 30 min. With that said it's almost $10 for every around of play, $6 for 30 min + $2 for Big Blind + 1 Small Blind + $1 if you get to limp with small blind = $10 every 30 min


As I see it, it's really $48 every 4 hours. I think we agree that 4 hours is ez to play in poker. Meaning i lose close to $50 for about half the time I usally ave when I sit down at a poker table (Ave 8 hours a day). I play them more than Min wage to play a game

Last edited by starsky21; 07-09-2010 at 12:06 PM. Reason: grammer - typing too fast before
starsky21 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2010, 11:54 AM   #206
Rapini
ragging
 
Rapini's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: DC
Posts: 12,592
Re: Hollywood Casino @ Charles Town, WV Poker Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pokerngolf View Post
Perhaps, but this was 3-6, pot raked not time. Also this was a guy who had his buddies waiting for him over at the 10-20 game and were ragging on him to go, his seat had been called, even the floor came over and said, "You have been requested to get your a** over to the 10-20 game" (yes, she actually said that). He said he was sitting out the next hand so he could go, he was racking his chips... and she dealt him anyway.

Oh well, she'll learn.
Ah, that makes more sense now. Thanks for the clarification.

Quote:
Originally Posted by starsky21 View Post
IMO - I have to disagree
I really think if you have the cards you're going to play not matter what. Why put another factor in, esp when it has to do with your personal money just to play. Action was never mute, if it is, raise and take the blinds..just means your table it too tight.

As I see it it's really $48 every 4 hours,4 hours is ez to play in poker. Meaning i lose closet o $50 for about half the time I usally ave when I sit down at a poker table. Just don't want that since this is my way to make a living. I play them more than Min wage to play a game
I apologize if your first language is not English, but I'm having a very hard time understanding what you're trying to say with this post, especially the first paragraph. Can you rephrase? It sounds like you're saying that you prefer a pot-raked game, but I can't really understand your reasoning. If that's the case, we can just agree to disagree.
Rapini is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2010, 12:08 PM   #207
starsky21
stranger
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Posts: 9
Re: Hollywood Casino @ Charles Town, WV Poker Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rapini View Post
Ah, that makes more sense now. Thanks for the clarification.



I apologize if your first language is not English, but I'm having a very hard time understanding what you're trying to say with this post, especially the first paragraph. Can you rephrase? It sounds like you're saying that you prefer a pot-raked game, but I can't really understand your reasoning. If that's the case, we can just agree to disagree.
Edited - Please reread up my second post.

I agree, I was typing to fast and was too worked up over this subject. Honestly, I'm happy with poker coming to this area but the time rake is the only think that doesn't sit right with me with this poker room. Everything else I feel like it's just start up hiccups.
starsky21 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2010, 12:19 PM   #208
layemdown
veteran
 
layemdown's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Location: Plano, TX
Posts: 2,500
Re: Hollywood Casino @ Charles Town, WV Poker Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by zoltan View Post
Why are you constantly shilling for DP? For anyone south of Baltimore, CT is going to be closer. And the answer to your question regarding the CASUAL 1-2 player is that they're going to care a lot less about rake.
I'm not "shilling" for anything. I'm trying to understand why, if there are better options, anyone would want to go to a place, stand in line, with little to do, wait another hour two or three and pay a ridiculus rake. As a person that can read a discussion board, let me remind you that there are a lot of posts on 2 plus 2 from people that don't like the rake structure. You did see those, right? And I certainly don't like it, but as I will surely play there ONE DAY when they change or get settled AND THEY WILL. They'll change it because eventually people won't come to play 3-6 limit or 1-2 at those rates. But, as you say, I don't have to go. DP is a better place to play right now (because of the rake), barring what the drive time is. Simple fact. Do you work at Charlestown?

Hey, I'm all for a bunch of rooms. I travel a lot, like to play near where I stay and I'm happy they opened. And have played often enough at the other other three WV rooms except Charleston, which I only played once. But, I don't think WV officials are really treating me well with the tax, rake, slot percentage structure (I only waste money in slots to waste time waiting to play poker). I go to poker rooms for two reasons. I really like to play (entertainment), but I'd rather come out with more money than I went in with. So, I always pay attention to rake structures. I know where they are better than others. And AC, Vegas and DP are better than any stucture in NY, WV, Harrington DE, or CT. I'm waiting to see what the rooms in PA do, but I expect them to be 5.00 max. Foxwood used to grab time at 5.00 which is high as I've ever played time. But, they changed to pot rakes as Charelstown will BECAUSE low limit players don't like to pay time. If I go card dead, which happens to me though maybe not you, I end up losing a lot more money than my card dead hands would cost me in a raked pot. Hence, I don't like it. Not, if I'm on a rush, I pay less in a time rake, assuming 15 hands per down. But, it sounds like Charlestown is dropping about 10 hands per down or 20 per hour. Cost of rake then is 12.00 devided by 20 = .60 per hand played. It's like always being on a blind.

All I'm asking is why go, stand in those lines, wait for everything when you can drive another hour from DC/NOVA area and avoid it.

If I'm shilling for DP. I'm also Shilling for Vegas and AC. But, they're not as close as DP.
layemdown is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2010, 12:22 PM   #209
KKM
stranger
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Posts: 2
Re: Hollywood Casino @ Charles Town, WV Poker Thread

Can you buy in at the tables or do you have to get chips at the cage.
KKM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2010, 12:29 PM   #210
thutter
grinder
 
Join Date: Mar 2005
Posts: 600
Re: Hollywood Casino @ Charles Town, WV Poker Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by starsky21 View Post
I was talking to the poker host and they said that the rake is NOT state law. It is the poker manager that sets that rake. He suggested that we all talk to the POKER ROOM MANAGER to get the rake changed the winners pot vs TIME RAKE.

To me $1 every 5 minutes = $6 every 30 min = $12 every hours...is freaking BS

PLEASE EVERYONE, TALK TO THE POKER ROOM MANAGER AND GET THE RAKE SYSTEM FIXED!!!!

The more ppl going up to the manager the more he/she will be pressured to change the rake system.

If anyone knows the name of the poker room manager and their phone number please post. Again call, talk to them in person or write a letter about the rake before they are set in their ways.
if they have 200 hundred people on a waiting list to play i doubt they feel pressure to reduce the rake.
thutter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2010, 12:31 PM   #211
MissileDog
a good little dog
 
MissileDog's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: Sabo's a good guy !!!1!
Posts: 5,499
Re: Hollywood Casino @ Charles Town, WV Poker Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by starsky21 View Post
I was talking to the poker host and they said that the rake is NOT state law. It is the poker manager that sets that rake. He suggested that we all talk to the POKER ROOM MANAGER to get the rake changed the winners pot vs TIME RAKE.

To me $1 every 5 minutes = $6 every 30 min = $12 every hours...is freaking BS

PLEASE EVERYONE, TALK TO THE POKER ROOM MANAGER AND GET THE RAKE SYSTEM FIXED!!!!

The more ppl going up to the manager the more he/she will be pressured to change the rake system.

If anyone knows the name of the poker room manager and their phone number please post. Again call, talk to them in person or write a letter about the rake before they are set in their ways.
Do you realize that $12/hr is a much better deal than $7 (6+1) a hand. It isn't really close. Here, lets do the math...

$6*2*9 = $7*x, where x= hands per hour.

x=108/7 = about 15.4,

So, if they are getting 15 or less hands/hour pot rake takes less money off the table, and if they are getting more than 15 hands/hour time charge is taking less money off the table. And time charge can really open up a game because your calling odds are no squished by the rake.

And sure, the above estimate doesn't take into account the fact that some pots don't get to $60, and a tighter player will win a little less pots than average, and there is some equity in the promo dollar dropped. None of that stuff can even come close to evening out the huge difference in money taken off the table.

And talking about about becoming "set in there ways", well right now the room and dealers are going through the learning curve, and are not getting that many hands/hour out. But pretty soon they will surely get up to industry standard 30+ hands/hour, making their time charge about half price vs their rake drop. We want them to get set in this way, very much.

Why do people think that the 'big games' are almost always time charge? I can't believe people ITT, basically whining and insisting that they should be charged more to play. Unless you own Penn National you are begging to be raped.

Last edited by MissileDog; 07-09-2010 at 12:39 PM.
MissileDog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2010, 12:41 PM   #212
twixer
stranger
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Location: Westminster
Posts: 1
Re: Hollywood Casino @ Charles Town, WV Poker Thread

On the question of where to play right now, I have to agree with Layemdown.
From Westminster it is 3hr to AC, 1 1/2hr to DP, 45min to CT.
If I drive 45 min each way and wait 2-3hr to play, and end up only playing 5-6 hours, then a little longer drive for the time being makes sense to me.
Now in a couple of weeks/months, once they get things fully up and running, then the logic will likely change. At that point I could see playing at CT because it is more local, but I would still make 1-2 trips a month to AC.
twixer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2010, 12:49 PM   #213
layemdown
veteran
 
layemdown's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Location: Plano, TX
Posts: 2,500
Re: Hollywood Casino @ Charles Town, WV Poker Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by MissileDog View Post
Do you realize that $12/hr is a much better deal than $7 (6+1) a hand. It isn't really close. Here, lets do the math...

$6*2*9 = $7*x, where x= hands per hour.

x=108/7 = about 15.4,

So, if they are getting 15 or less hands/hour pot rake takes less money off the table, and if they are getting more than 15 hands/hour time charge is taking less money off the table. And time charge can really open up a game because your calling odds are no squished by the rake.

And sure, the above estimate doesn't take into account the fact that some pots don't get to $60, and a tighter player will win a little less pots than average, and there is some equity in the promo dollar dropped. None of that stuff can even come close to evening out the huge difference in money taken off the table.

And talking about about becoming "set in there ways", well right now the room and dealers are going through the learning curve, and are not getting that many hands/hour out. But pretty soon they will surely get up to industry standard 30+ hands/hour, making their time charge about half price vs their rake drop. We want them to get set in this way, very much.

Why do people think that the 'big games' are almost always time charge? I can't believe people ITT, basically whining and insisting that they should be charged more to play. Unless you own Penn National you are begging to be raped.
They still grab a buck for the BBJ even collecting time I think. So, it's not the difference of 12.00 per hour and 7.00 max per hand. It's 6.00 max per hand. If you do the math your way, you have to back out the BBJ 1.00 hand drop which happens in the time rake anyway.
layemdown is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2010, 12:56 PM   #214
goldtoes
veteran
 
goldtoes's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2006
Posts: 2,317
Re: Hollywood Casino @ Charles Town, WV Poker Thread

Can we start an official "time vs rake" thread for all of this discussion? it's more of a general topic, not something directly relating to Charles Town. If we were discussing it with their management, that would be one thing. Going back and forth with each other, cluttering this thread with your opinion of what's right, is pointless.
goldtoes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2010, 01:03 PM   #215
starsky21
stranger
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Posts: 9
Re: Hollywood Casino @ Charles Town, WV Poker Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by MissileDog View Post
Do you realize that $12/hr is a much better deal than $7 (6+1) a hand. It isn't really close. Here, lets do the math...

$6*2*9 = $7*x, where x= hands per hour.

x=108/7 = about 15.4,

So, if they are getting 15 or less hands/hour pot rake takes less money off the table, and if they are getting more than 15 hands/hour time charge is taking less money off the table. And time charge can really open up a game because your calling odds are no squished by the rake.

And sure, the above estimate doesn't take into account the fact that some pots don't get to $60, and a tighter player will win a little less pots than average, and there is some equity in the promo dollar dropped. None of that stuff can even come close to evening out the huge difference in money taken off the table.

And talking about about becoming "set in there ways", well right now the room and dealers are going through the learning curve, and are not getting that many hands/hour out. But pretty soon they will surely get up to industry standard 30+ hands/hour, making their time charge about half price vs their rake drop. We want them to get set in this way, very much.

Why do people think that the 'big games' are almost always time charge? I can't believe people ITT, basically whining and insisting that they should be charged more to play. Unless you own Penn National you are begging to be raped.
Again I'm talking about 1/2NL time rake. I think the point is that it's money out of my poket vs money off the table. I think we have enough players on the wait to add more money on the table. 30 hands an hour, I don't think they're going to be at that level for a while. Your calculations are base of assumptions that we will get 30 hands an hour. I rather them take from the winner pot vs a stack that's getting cold cards.
starsky21 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2010, 01:10 PM   #216
KenoVictoryLap
veteran
 
KenoVictoryLap's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Location: Planning a trip
Posts: 3,303
Re: Hollywood Casino @ Charles Town, WV Poker Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by starsky21 View Post
Again I'm talking about 1/2NL time rake. I think the point is that it's money out of my poket vs money off the table. I think we have enough players on the wait to add more money on the table. 30 hands an hour, I don't think they're going to be at that level for a while. Your calculations are base of assumptions that we will get 30 hands an hour. I rather them take from the winner pot vs a stack that's getting cold cards.
What about when you run hot and win 4 pots during a down and only paid $6 for those 4 pots? If you are going to base the complaint on the worst case scenario you have to look at the best case scenario as well. Which is why looking at the total amount of money coming off the table is the best way to look at it. Unless the table and/or dealer is very slow, you almost always come out ahead with a time charge instead of a rake.
KenoVictoryLap is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2010, 01:20 PM   #217
goldtoes
veteran
 
goldtoes's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2006
Posts: 2,317
Re: Hollywood Casino @ Charles Town, WV Poker Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by starsky21 View Post
I think the point is that it's money out of my poket vs money off the table.
this doesn't even make sense
goldtoes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2010, 01:29 PM   #218
bluesbassman
veteran
 
bluesbassman's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2004
Location: In the pocket
Posts: 2,348
Re: Hollywood Casino @ Charles Town, WV Poker Thread

I'm here at CT right now, waiting to get my name on the list for the session that starts at 3. At 1:30 there are about 20 in line.
bluesbassman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2010, 01:44 PM   #219
jjnid
grinder
 
jjnid's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Posts: 665
Re: Hollywood Casino @ Charles Town, WV Poker Thread

Line is about 40 at 1:45
jjnid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2010, 01:47 PM   #220
starsky21
stranger
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Posts: 9
Re: Hollywood Casino @ Charles Town, WV Poker Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by David2+2 View Post
What about when you run hot and win 4 pots during a down and only paid $6 for those 4 pots? If you are going to base the complaint on the worst case scenario you have to look at the best case scenario as well. Which is why looking at the total amount of money coming off the table is the best way to look at it. Unless the table and/or dealer is very slow, you almost always come out ahead with a time charge instead of a rake.
When I'm winning it's not a big deal to pay rake. I would pay $20 an hour if i was winning. My point is if i'm sitting there and not getting playable cards I don't want to be charged.
starsky21 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2010, 01:49 PM   #221
KenoVictoryLap
veteran
 
KenoVictoryLap's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Location: Planning a trip
Posts: 3,303
Re: Hollywood Casino @ Charles Town, WV Poker Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by starsky21 View Post
When I'm winning it's not a big deal to pay rake. I would pay $20 an hour if i was winning. My point is if i'm sitting there and not getting playable cards I don't want to be charged.
If you don't embrace the long run this discussion is pointless. So I will stop.
KenoVictoryLap is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2010, 01:50 PM   #222
starsky21
stranger
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Posts: 9
Re: Hollywood Casino @ Charles Town, WV Poker Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by goldtoes View Post
this doesn't even make sense
From Missledog: "So, if they are getting 15 or less hands/hour pot rake takes less money off the table, and if they are getting more than 15 hands/hour time charge is taking less money off the table. And time charge can really open up a game because your calling odds are no squished by the rake."

I meant, I rather have them rake come out of the pot rather than my own pocket/wallet when I'm not winning hands or even playing any hands.
starsky21 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2010, 01:51 PM   #223
klezmaniac
old hand
 
klezmaniac's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2005
Location: on the right side of the river
Posts: 1,413
Re: Hollywood Casino @ Charles Town, WV Poker Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by goldtoes View Post
Can we start an official "time vs rake" thread for all of this discussion? it's more of a general topic, not something directly relating to Charles Town. If we were discussing it with their management, that would be one thing. Going back and forth with each other, cluttering this thread with your opinion of what's right, is pointless.
Your prayers have been answered. Sort of:

https://forumserver.twoplustwo.com/27.../#post20121113

I tried to copy/paste the last few posts on this topic from this thread over to the new thread with limited success.

My apologies to anyone whose comments I butchered, or any confusion I may have caused.


--klez
klezmaniac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2010, 01:54 PM   #224
EightFoldPath
banned
 
Join Date: May 2010
Location: Tiltless
Posts: 671
Re: Hollywood Casino @ Charles Town, WV Poker Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by starsky21 View Post
When I'm winning it's not a big deal to pay rake. I would pay $20 an hour if i was winning. My point is if i'm sitting there and not getting playable cards I don't want to be charged.
what is the point in trying to use logic?
EightFoldPath is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2010, 02:08 PM   #225
HBdirtbag
enthusiast
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Location: Huntington Beach, CA -> Raleigh, NC
Posts: 69
Re: Hollywood Casino @ Charles Town, WV Poker Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by layemdown View Post
They still grab a buck for the BBJ even collecting time I think. So, it's not the difference of 12.00 per hour and 7.00 max per hand. It's 6.00 max per hand. If you do the math your way, you have to back out the BBJ 1.00 hand drop which happens in the time rake anyway.

Nothing is taken from the pot on the time rake (no bbj). And as of now I am averaging 12-13 hands an hour over the 20 hours I've played so far. Theoretically the tine rake should speed up action. But that has not been the case at any table I've been at.
HBdirtbag is offline   Reply With Quote

Reply
      

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off


Forum Jump


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 03:00 PM.


Powered by vBulletin®
Copyright ©2000 - 2018, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Copyright © 2008-2017, Two Plus Two Interactive
 
 
Poker Players - Streaming Live Online