Two Plus Two Publishing LLC Two Plus Two Publishing LLC
 

Go Back   Two Plus Two Poker Forums > >

Venues & Communities Discussion of live, legal poker venues, and discussion among players in live poker "neighborhoods."

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-04-2015, 02:45 PM   #1851
FromACtoLV
old hand
 
FromACtoLV's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Location: NJ
Posts: 1,957
Re: Harrah's Resort (Atlantic City, NJ)

Quote:
Originally Posted by pokerished View Post
Agree, horrible customer service, never staying there again.
They cancelled the room I reserved and PAID for already because I was late, no refund and the most disturbing part for me was the attitude at check in counter, it is not even like "sorry we cannot help you because our company policy is to take your money for the day but we cannot give you room after certain time", it is like just go away we don't have time to talk to you or help you.
I assume this has happened to many people, especially if it's something they do at all of their properties. It sounds like a class action lawsuit to me.
FromACtoLV is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2015, 03:35 AM   #1852
FastBF
journeyman
 
FastBF's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2014
Location: NJ
Posts: 217
Re: Harrah's Resort (Atlantic City, NJ)

I was considering playing a little bit here on my trips to AC in hopes of getting comped rooms, but you guys paint a pretty grim picture. I have basically been giving the Borgata all my action, but I figured that if I got comped rooms here (or at another casino/hoteL) I could then extend my stays in AC. It seems like that might be a bad idea though, based on what's being said about this place.

If you were to pick a 2nd hotel/casino to frequent (besides Borgata) in order to gain comp rooms, what do you think would be the best choice? Or do you think it's a mistake to spend any time at Trop/Bally's/Nugget/Harrah's?
FastBF is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2015, 08:41 AM   #1853
Rapini
ragging
 
Rapini's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: DC
Posts: 13,099
Re: Harrah's Resort (Atlantic City, NJ)

Quote:
Originally Posted by FastBF View Post
I was considering playing a little bit here on my trips to AC in hopes of getting comped rooms, but you guys paint a pretty grim picture. I have basically been giving the Borgata all my action, but I figured that if I got comped rooms here (or at another casino/hoteL) I could then extend my stays in AC. It seems like that might be a bad idea though, based on what's being said about this place.

If you were to pick a 2nd hotel/casino to frequent (besides Borgata) in order to gain comp rooms, what do you think would be the best choice? Or do you think it's a mistake to spend any time at Trop/Bally's/Nugget/Harrah's?
You should ask the question in the second paragraph in the AC Regional Communities thread.

As for the first part, I'm not sure but I think you can get reduced or "comped" ($30/night) rates at Harrah's AC just from playing at any CET casino. I haven't played at Harrah's AC in literally years and I am staying there comped next week. I have, however, played at Horseshoe Baltimore as recently as this summer.
Rapini is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2015, 01:11 AM   #1854
FastBF
journeyman
 
FastBF's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2014
Location: NJ
Posts: 217
Re: Harrah's Resort (Atlantic City, NJ)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rapini View Post
You should ask the question in the second paragraph in the AC Regional Communities thread.

As for the first part, I'm not sure but I think you can get reduced or "comped" ($30/night) rates at Harrah's AC just from playing at any CET casino. I haven't played at Harrah's AC in literally years and I am staying there comped next week. I have, however, played at Horseshoe Baltimore as recently as this summer.
Thanks, Rapini: this is good to know.
FastBF is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2015, 11:16 AM   #1855
punkass
Carpal \'Tunnel
 
punkass's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2002
Location: hip deep in pie
Posts: 11,935
Re: Harrah's Resort (Atlantic City, NJ)

I will be visiting Harrah's AC for the first time this weekend, one night comped Saturday night. The comped room offer, most likely but can't be 100% sure, is due to my play at Horseshoe Baltimore. On my reservation confirmation, it states the fees are a total of $5. Is this because I am a diamond card holder? It would be $30 otherwise, as others are stating above?

Is there a diamond lounge, and how is it here? Anything not to miss on my first time here? I've probably stayed at Borg 100x and have never ventured to Harrah's, but a free room offer will get me here.

Thanks for the info.
punkass is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2015, 11:33 AM   #1856
TheTheoryOfDue
enthusiast
 
Join Date: Oct 2015
Location: Atlantic City, New Jersey
Posts: 62
Re: Harrah's Resort (Atlantic City, NJ)

Quote:
Originally Posted by punkass View Post
I will be visiting Harrah's AC for the first time this weekend, one night comped Saturday night. The comped room offer, most likely but can't be 100% sure, is due to my play at Horseshoe Baltimore. On my reservation confirmation, it states the fees are a total of $5. Is this because I am a diamond card holder? It would be $30 otherwise, as others are stating above?

Is there a diamond lounge, and how is it here? Anything not to miss on my first time here? I've probably stayed at Borg 100x and have never ventured to Harrah's, but a free room offer will get me here.

Thanks for the info.
Yeah, it's a pretty big scam though because if you pay the $30 resort fee (non diamond cardholder) you get complimentary internet access, parking, and something else I forget. If you are diamond, the parking is obviously always free but the internet is no longer complimentary because you didn't pay the "resort fee" and the Basic internet is $13.99 per night which is awful and not fast at all. The premium internet which is good enough to grind multiple poker sites on Sundays with multiple people in the room is $21.99 a night.

If you get the premium internet which in my opinion is a must, you are now paying $26.99 a night anyways lol.

Diamond lounge is good, need 25,000+ tier score to get in for free otherwise it's $10 off your Reward Credits for just you and $20 off for you and a guest.

Bill's Burger bar has the best milkshakes I've tasted in AC and they have an OK burger/menu besides burgers.

Pool after dark on Wednesdays is pretty good, lots of drink specials and you can ask for 4-8 free passes at the front desk when you check in. You have to get to the pool before 11pm if you decide to use those passes, just go in and get stamped and come back out if you want to wait to go out until after 11.

Red door spa is amazing but pretty expensive. I build comps up so fast though I can usually get a nice spa trip for me and my girlfriend from my comps every month or so.

Also every Monday is free entry Slot tournament, takes literally 10 mins to wait in line average usually less for a Diamond Cardholder and you have a chance for $3,000 cash top prize. Obviously 1,000s of people play it and they only pay top 10 spots, so you have very small equity but it's free and I've won it before, so why not right?

I stay here 4 nights every week complimentary and am here for the Borgata poker series, in the waterfront tower just checked in.

GL to you

Last edited by Rapini; 11-16-2015 at 02:15 PM.
TheTheoryOfDue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2015, 12:43 PM   #1857
punkass
Carpal \'Tunnel
 
punkass's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2002
Location: hip deep in pie
Posts: 11,935
Re: Harrah's Resort (Atlantic City, NJ)

Thanks for the info.

I probably won't be paying for internet....won't be in room much and $22 is a rip. Hopefully I'll get 4G just to check emails on my phone.
punkass is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2015, 08:26 PM   #1858
NickMPK
Carpal \'Tunnel
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Posts: 11,115
Re: Harrah's Resort (Atlantic City, NJ)

I believe when Harrah's implemented the resort fee, the cost on a "comped" room actually dropped from $13 to $5 for Diamond card holders, while increasing to $30 for everyone else.

If you have 25k tier credits, the Diamond lounge is pretty good and serves full meals, though the hours are kind of wonky and the lines can be long. Bally's and Caesars Diamond lounges are larger and are much less likely to have a wait. Also, if you are Diamond at CET, make sure you get the free upgrade to a Black card at Borgata.
NickMPK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2015, 02:30 AM   #1859
amazinmets73
Pooh-Bah
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Posts: 5,344
Re: Harrah's Resort (Atlantic City, NJ)

I called on and was told by a representative it's 5 hours for a comped room. Last time I played (over a year ago) it was 4.
amazinmets73 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2015, 10:23 AM   #1860
punkass
Carpal \'Tunnel
 
punkass's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2002
Location: hip deep in pie
Posts: 11,935
Re: Harrah's Resort (Atlantic City, NJ)

Quote:
Originally Posted by NickMPK View Post
I believe when Harrah's implemented the resort fee, the cost on a "comped" room actually dropped from $13 to $5 for Diamond card holders, while increasing to $30 for everyone else.

If you have 25k tier credits, the Diamond lounge is pretty good and serves full meals, though the hours are kind of wonky and the lines can be long. Bally's and Caesars Diamond lounges are larger and are much less likely to have a wait. Also, if you are Diamond at CET, make sure you get the free upgrade to a Black card at Borgata.
Good for me as a diamond card holder...sucks for everyone else though. I do have 25k TC, so I think I'll visit the lounge. I'll have to look out for long lines and try to go off peak hours. I'm already ahead of you with the black card at Borgata. Love that card there. Thanks Nick.
punkass is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2015, 12:59 PM   #1861
punkass
Carpal \'Tunnel
 
punkass's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2002
Location: hip deep in pie
Posts: 11,935
Re: Harrah's Resort (Atlantic City, NJ)

Just spent Sat night here. It was my first time at Harrah's AC. Overall a very nice place. If the comp room offers continue, I will keep coming here for my degen sessions of pai gow and craps.

I got a room in the Waterfront tower. I have no idea which towers were better, but I had a view of the marsh waters that a few boaters were fishing in. Room is very nice, with a fridge. It's very close to a borgata room -- which is a compliment. Bathroom is slightly smaller though, but nothing crazy. Bed was very comfy.

Found the diamond lounge -- with a very long line at 2p. Took maybe 15 min or so to get in. once in, i see enough empty tables to know that it shouldn't have taken that long to get seated. They're just slow. It's a simple small buffet -- salad bar, pizza, desserts, soups. The key things are a prime rib carving station, mussels, and shrimp. I don't think the prime rib was prime, but it was ok. It's overcooked for my liking (i like medium rare), but most of the people I heard wanted medium well to well done. Mussels were ok. The lounge is good if it's free (if you have 25k TC earned), but I don't think it's worth a charge. Unless you get a few cocktails.

I stopped by the poker room -- only 1/2 NL and 2/4 limit. Not for me, but it looked comfy. Free wifi in the poker room, from something I read.

Parking garage was confusing. I got slightly lost trying to get out.

There's a pizza place right next to The Pool that I highly recommend. It was a nice place to wait for my pizza while watching the clubbers. I think there's more clubbers here than the Borg now.
punkass is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2015, 04:20 PM   #1862
Pokerking4444
stranger
 
Join Date: Apr 2015
Posts: 9
Re: Harrah's Resort (Atlantic City, NJ)

Quote:
Originally Posted by amazinmets73 View Post
I called on and was told by a representative it's 5 hours for a comped room. Last time I played (over a year ago) it was 4.
I'm going on the first, it's still 4 and you get a dinner comp if you play 5.
Pokerking4444 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2015, 10:28 PM   #1863
my_nameaintearl
adept
 
my_nameaintearl's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2014
Posts: 751
Re: Harrah's Resort (Atlantic City, NJ)

Can you play on the borgata client from the wifi in Harrahs?

This may sound like a silly question but borgata wifi blocks the wsop domain
my_nameaintearl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2015, 07:07 PM   #1864
TheTheoryOfDue
enthusiast
 
Join Date: Oct 2015
Location: Atlantic City, New Jersey
Posts: 62
Re: Harrah's Resort (Atlantic City, NJ)

Quote:
Originally Posted by my_nameaintearl View Post
Can you play on the borgata client from the wifi in Harrahs?

This may sound like a silly question but borgata wifi blocks the wsop domain
Yes but on the regular $13.99 a night internet it's the absolute worst and can't be played on. Even the high speed is bad sometimes ($21.99 a night) if you're on a high floor. If you want the internet/location to be optimal get the high speed and request waterfront tower 5th floor or atrium suites tower 5th floor.

What I do is set up a personal hotspot with my IPhone and never have a problem no matter where I am, even Borgata I can play on any site with the IPhone hotspot.
TheTheoryOfDue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2016, 10:50 PM   #1865
freerollin2
grinder
 
freerollin2's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Posts: 443
Re: Harrah's Resort (Atlantic City, NJ)

Do they hold the wsop circuit events in the harrahs poker room or In another room?
freerollin2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2016, 11:03 PM   #1866
pokertrench
adept
 
pokertrench's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2013
Posts: 737
Re: Harrah's Resort (Atlantic City, NJ)

Quote:
Originally Posted by freerollin2 View Post
Do they hold the wsop circuit events in the harrahs poker room or In another room?
Upstairs in the ballroom.

Sent from my SM-N900P using 2+2 Forums
pokertrench is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2016, 01:22 PM   #1867
freerollin2
grinder
 
freerollin2's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Posts: 443
Re: Harrah's Resort (Atlantic City, NJ)

ThAnk u sir
freerollin2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2016, 02:58 PM   #1868
AALegend
old hand
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Location: Philly
Posts: 1,871
Re: Harrah's Resort (Atlantic City, NJ)

I am a Diamond member and will be staying at Harrahs March 25th to March 28th (they comped me a room).
The plan is to relax and watch NCAA games on the 25th, then play WSOP Circuit Turbo on the 26th and play on Poker Stars NJ on Sunday, the 27th.

Since Diamond members do not pay the Resort fee, would I be able to use in-room wifi to access Poker Stars on the 27th? Please only reply if you actually know.
AALegend is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2016, 05:42 PM   #1869
gnatie
journeyman
 
Join Date: Nov 2015
Posts: 300
Re: Harrah's Resort (Atlantic City, NJ)

Quote:
Originally Posted by AALegend View Post
I am a Diamond member and will be staying at Harrahs March 25th to March 28th (they comped me a room).
The plan is to relax and watch NCAA games on the 25th, then play WSOP Circuit Turbo on the 26th and play on Poker Stars NJ on Sunday, the 27th.

Since Diamond members do not pay the Resort fee, would I be able to use in-room wifi to access Poker Stars on the 27th? Please only reply if you actually know.

Just a few posts before yours:
"on the regular $13.99 a night internet it's the absolute worst and can't be played on. Even the high speed is bad sometimes ($21.99 a night) if you're on a high floor. If you want the internet/location to be optimal get the high speed and request waterfront tower 5th floor or atrium suites tower 5th floor."
gnatie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2016, 03:49 PM   #1870
gnatie
journeyman
 
Join Date: Nov 2015
Posts: 300
Re: Harrah's Resort (Atlantic City, NJ)

Do the Waterfront suites have a pull out couch bed?

Also, what are the chances of getting an upgrade from an Atrium suite to the Waterfront on a weeknight next week?
gnatie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2016, 09:55 AM   #1871
DrDanimal
old hand
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Posts: 1,447
Re: Harrah's Resort (Atlantic City, NJ)

Is the reward rate in the OP still accurate? Played for like 7 hours @ 1/2 last night and today I'm checking my rewards info on the website and I earned a whopping 2 tier credits and 16 cents worth of comps (Reward credits). Does the website take a while to update, has the rate dropped ridiculously low, or did something go wrong with them swiping my card in and out lol?
DrDanimal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2016, 12:45 PM   #1872
Villian1
Carpal \'Tunnel
 
Villian1's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Location: winning a case of tastykakes
Posts: 8,126
Quote:
Originally Posted by gnatie View Post
Do the Waterfront suites have a pull out couch bed?

Also, what are the chances of getting an upgrade from an Atrium suite to the Waterfront on a weeknight next week?
IME, an "upgrade" shouldn't be hard at all if you get there earlier in the day. If you're worried about a pull out couch though just stay in the Atrium Suites. Seperate living room with a pull out couch and much more space.

Definitely ask for an Attium Suite on the top 3 or so floors. Those floors have been updated and are actually pretty nice.
Villian1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2016, 12:51 PM   #1873
notagain911
centurion
 
Join Date: Feb 2015
Posts: 112
Re: Harrah's Resort (Atlantic City, NJ)

yeah u probably didnt get swiped in and out correctly so u didnt earn anything during those play
notagain911 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2016, 02:36 PM   #1874
AALegend
old hand
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Location: Philly
Posts: 1,871
Re: Harrah's Resort (Atlantic City, NJ)

1) Comps and tier credits take a day or two to update on the TR website. Sometimes as long as 3 days when you play on the weekend. So, check the website again on Monday.

2) I have a habit of checking bravo (by casually looking at the display in front of dealer) every couple hours or so. This also helps my play by making it easier for me to remember my Villains by putting names and faces together :-)
AALegend is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2016, 02:38 PM   #1875
notagain911
centurion
 
Join Date: Feb 2015
Posts: 112
Re: Harrah's Resort (Atlantic City, NJ)

tr website updates automatically now
notagain911 is offline   Reply With Quote

Reply
      

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off


Forum Jump


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 12:40 AM.


Powered by vBulletin®
Copyright ©2000 - 2021, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Copyright © 2008-2020, Two Plus Two Interactive