Two Plus Two Publishing LLC Two Plus Two Publishing LLC
 

Go Back   Two Plus Two Poker Forums > >

Venues & Communities Discussion of live, legal poker venues, and discussion among players in live poker "neighborhoods."

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-07-2013, 01:56 PM   #1576
StackerBA
grinder
 
StackerBA's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Posts: 664
Re: Harrah's Resort (Atlantic City, NJ)

Quote:
Originally Posted by hi3cho View Post
We are heading down for a bachelor party this weekend and are thinking about hitting up the pool after dark. I figured this might you guys might know, what is the cover on a Sat night, also if we get bottle service does that negate the cover? We have between 10-14 guys so it may make more sense just to do bottle service if that gets rid of the cover.
I'm pretty sure the cover will be waved if you get bottle service, but I would guess you are looking at spending $300+ per bottle.
StackerBA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2013, 09:59 PM   #1577
joboggi
grinder
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
Posts: 695
Re: Harrah's Resort (Atlantic City, NJ)

I have not sat down and figured out the $bbj issue. They DO have a LOT of promotions, and so if you are a regular and you get the $1.5 per hour comp, the bonus comps for over 20 hours and the rakeback for over 30 hours then I don't think you are hurting. The bonus and rakeback run about a $ 1 an hour each.

See bravopokerlive for the details.

I suspect that if you do the math you actually come out the same as Revel, if you are a grinder. Certainly you have to be very patient if you play Revel during the week since they always have one game going. I would doubt that is a full game on most days. They are persistent however.

I listed the promotions you are sure to get, if you go there regularly. They also are funding a daily promotion, aces cracked and high hand.

Last edited by joboggi; 06-17-2013 at 10:15 PM.
joboggi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2013, 10:07 PM   #1578
joboggi
grinder
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
Posts: 695
Re: Harrah's Resort (Atlantic City, NJ)

Quote:
Originally Posted by hi3cho View Post
We are heading down for a bachelor party this weekend and are thinking about hitting up the pool after dark. I figured this might you guys might know, what is the cover on a Sat night, also if we get bottle service does that negate the cover? We have between 10-14 guys so it may make more sense just to do bottle service if that gets rid of the cover.

http://www.thepoolafterdark.com/

http://www.pressofatlanticcity.com/c...820f9afdd.html

The Press link gives the details quicker. They are not less than the prices posted. It does not answer the bottle service question.
joboggi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2013, 06:46 PM   #1579
testcase
adept
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Posts: 724
Re: Harrah's Resort (Atlantic City, NJ)

What is the poker rate? I am a diamond member but haven't been there all year long, checked my rates and they asked for $120 for Wednesday and Thursday night, crazy!
testcase is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2013, 03:54 PM   #1580
SallyBallz
stranger
 
Join Date: May 2012
Posts: 5
Re: Harrah's Resort (Atlantic City, NJ)

???
SallyBallz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2013, 05:17 PM   #1581
testcase
adept
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Posts: 724
Re: Harrah's Resort (Atlantic City, NJ)

Nobody knows of the summer poker weekday rate?
testcase is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2013, 07:39 PM   #1582
joboggi
grinder
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
Posts: 695
Re: Harrah's Resort (Atlantic City, NJ)

http://www.harrahsresort.com/casino/...l#.UdYHpm2DlKt

I would call them. I am not sure if they have a really low summer rate.
joboggi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2013, 10:31 PM   #1583
Lunkwill
journeyman
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Posts: 313
Harrah's AC now crazy expensive

Does anyone know why Harrah's has suddenly become as (or more) expensive than Borgata and Revel? The Saturday night room rate now ranges from appx $440-$510 per night! These are standard rooms!

Who is paying this?
Lunkwill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2013, 04:30 AM   #1584
StackerBA
grinder
 
StackerBA's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Posts: 664
Re: Harrah's AC now crazy expensive

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lunkwill View Post
Does anyone know why Harrah's has suddenly become as (or more) expensive than Borgata and Revel? The Saturday night room rate now ranges from appx $440-$510 per night! These are standard rooms!

Who is paying this?
It's summer.
StackerBA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2013, 12:30 PM   #1585
Liveswithkittens
A Classic's better half
 
Liveswithkittens's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Location: Delaware
Posts: 546
Re: Harrah's Resort (Atlantic City, NJ)

Quote:
Originally Posted by testcase View Post
Nobody knows of the summer poker weekday rate?
Just checked into this myself...for August:

Sunday-Thursday $69
Friday- $149
Saturday $199

Considerably more than July and definitely up from last year....
Liveswithkittens is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2013, 03:41 PM   #1586
DaveDel
centurion
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Posts: 119
Re: Harrah's Resort (Atlantic City, NJ)

Harrah's use to be my favorite place to play in AC. Really cheap or comped rooms, friendly staff, and usually a good mix of games.

Over the last year that has changed drastically, which is odd considering PA and the other surrounding states are kicking their ass.

The comps are way down or almost non-existent. They bumped the rake to $2 and use most of the money to payoff the nitty regs that play during the day.

Great job Harrah's you are making it much easier for me to stay in Philly and play at Parx.
DaveDel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2013, 09:10 PM   #1587
testcase
adept
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Posts: 724
Re: Harrah's Resort (Atlantic City, NJ)

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaveDel View Post
Harrah's use to be my favorite place to play in AC. Really cheap or comped rooms, friendly staff, and usually a good mix of games.

Over the last year that has changed drastically, which is odd considering PA and the other surrounding states are kicking their ass.

The comps are way down or almost non-existent. They bumped the rake to $2 and use most of the money to payoff the nitty regs that play during the day.

Great job Harrah's you are making it much easier for me to stay in Philly and play at Parx.
thumbs up
They decided to cut costs but getting rid of comps and free rooms.
testcase is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2013, 08:29 AM   #1588
Lovesantiques
A Classic
 
Lovesantiques's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2007
Location: New Castle, Delaware
Posts: 3,879
Re: Harrah's Resort (Atlantic City, NJ)

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaveDel View Post
Harrah's use to be my favorite place to play in AC. Really cheap or comped rooms, friendly staff, and usually a good mix of games.

Over the last year that has changed drastically, which is odd considering PA and the other surrounding states are kicking their ass.

The comps are way down or almost non-existent. They bumped the rake to $2 and use most of the money to payoff the nitty regs that play during the day.

Great job Harrah's you are making it much easier for me to stay in Philly and play at Parx.
Just to be clear, the rake is 10% up to $4.00 per hand, same as it has always been in A.C. What changed was the take for the BBJ - which is now $2 at all 4 Caesars properties (Bally's, Harrah's, Caesars, and Showboat). This money is spread around, as stated, to the regulars. It seems to be a good deal for those who are there every day (especially on weekends) but really is a ripoff for everyone else. Blame this on Dan, the poker manager at Showboat and apparently head poker manager in A.C. for Caesars properties.

And, yes, the comps are way down. Diamond cards are harder to get and not worth as much as they used to be. And rooms are both more expensive and harder to come by. None of which is the fault of the poker rooms. Corporate policy has changed, and in my opinion not for the better.....

Really sad, because Bally's and Harrah's were always my 2 favorite places to play in A.C.

Lee
Lovesantiques is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2013, 09:36 AM   #1589
NYCNative
veteran
 
NYCNative's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2005
Location: Upper Darby, PA
Posts: 3,359
Re: Harrah's Resort (Atlantic City, NJ)

Harrah's used to be the only place I played when they gave me two free rooms a month even during summer. That ended about two years ago. Haven't been back since.
NYCNative is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2013, 01:03 PM   #1590
Lunkwill
journeyman
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Posts: 313
Re: Harrah's Resort (Atlantic City, NJ)

A noobie question:
Does one need to play a minimum number of hours to get this (relatively) inexpensive "poker rate" that Liveswithkittens quoted?
Lunkwill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2013, 01:17 PM   #1591
asg82
adept
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Location: NYC area
Posts: 1,102
Re: Harrah's Resort (Atlantic City, NJ)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lunkwill View Post
A noobie question:
Does one need to play a minimum number of hours to get this (relatively) inexpensive "poker rate" that Liveswithkittens quoted?
I'm about to be corrected I'm sure but unless things have changed, the poker rate is a farce. First you have to play the required number of hours (let's say 5) to qualify. Then (here's where the farce comes in) there have to be open rooms at the hotel for you to book that night. You cannot book the hotel room ahead of playing so good luck.

Hopefully somebody will tell me that's not how it works anymore.
asg82 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2013, 02:31 PM   #1592
HustleMan
stranger
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
Posts: 7
Re: Harrah's Resort (Atlantic City, NJ)

Quote:
Originally Posted by asg82 View Post
I'm about to be corrected I'm sure but unless things have changed, the poker rate is a farce. First you have to play the required number of hours (let's say 5) to qualify. Then (here's where the farce comes in) there have to be open rooms at the hotel for you to book that night. You cannot book the hotel room ahead of playing so good luck.

Hopefully somebody will tell me that's not how it works anymore.
That is not how it works.

First, last summer, I was told Harrahs didn't offer a poker rate during the summer. Don't know if that applies to all of the Caesars properties or not.

Assuming they are offering the Poker Rate this summer, you can pre-book the room at the discounted Poker Rate. Yes, you do have to play the 5 hours. If you happen to not play the 5 hours, you still get the discounted rate for that night, but they will not offer you the Poker Rate again.

Also, you have to some history of playing with them or another Caesars property.
HustleMan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2013, 03:16 PM   #1593
boomBAMboom
grinder
 
Join Date: Nov 2010
Location: NYC
Posts: 583
Re: Harrah's Resort (Atlantic City, NJ)

There is no poker rate this summer. Log in to Total Rewards to see what "special" rates they may be able to offer you based on your play history.
boomBAMboom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2013, 09:10 AM   #1594
jaehodge
newbie
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: Atlantic City
Posts: 19
Re: Harrah's Resort (Atlantic City, NJ)

Played all day Thursday for the 10x RC Multiplier promotion. Does anyone know how long it takes for the Reward Credits to show up on MyTR?
jaehodge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2013, 10:10 AM   #1595
cockpit
old hand
 
Join Date: Oct 2002
Posts: 1,338
Re: Harrah's Resort (Atlantic City, NJ)

Quote:
Originally Posted by jaehodge View Post
Played all day Thursday for the 10x RC Multiplier promotion. Does anyone know how long it takes for the Reward Credits to show up on MyTR?
Don't get your hopes too high. The multiplier is only on the base rewards credits. Of the rewards credits you get for poker about 5% are base credits and 95% are bonus credits. So if the game you were playing normally earns $1 in comps per hour, on a 10X day you would get (.05 x 10) + (.95 x 1) = $1.45 in comps per hour.

Note that I said about 5%. I don't remember exactly what it is. It might be 3% or maybe 6%, but in the context of what you get on a 10x day that hardly matters.
cockpit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2013, 08:43 PM   #1596
EUPH0RIA
enthusiast
 
Join Date: Feb 2013
Posts: 67
Re: Harrah's Resort (Atlantic City, NJ)

can i check into comped room with cash deposit?

are they running same rakeback promos in august?
EUPH0RIA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2013, 09:59 AM   #1597
FromACtoLV
old hand
 
FromACtoLV's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Location: NJ
Posts: 1,957
Re: Harrah's Resort (Atlantic City, NJ)

Quote:
Originally Posted by cockpit View Post
Don't get your hopes too high. The multiplier is only on the base rewards credits. Of the rewards credits you get for poker about 5% are base credits and 95% are bonus credits. So if the game you were playing normally earns $1 in comps per hour, on a 10X day you would get (.05 x 10) + (.95 x 1) = $1.45 in comps per hour.

Note that I said about 5%. I don't remember exactly what it is. It might be 3% or maybe 6%, but in the context of what you get on a 10x day that hardly matters.
I believe it's actually 17% to make it:

(.17 X 10) + .83 = 2.53
FromACtoLV is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2013, 09:15 PM   #1598
testcase
adept
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Posts: 724
Re: Harrah's Resort (Atlantic City, NJ)

Yes rooms are harder to get, as are free rooms. And I knew the 10X rewards credits sounded too good, but still $2.53 an hour for playing 1/2 aint bad, but that is what the extra $1 for the bad beat pays for.....
testcase is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2013, 07:40 PM   #1599
testcase
adept
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Posts: 724
Re: Harrah's Resort (Atlantic City, NJ)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lovesantiques View Post
Just to be clear, the rake is 10% up to $4.00 per hand, same as it has always been in A.C. What changed was the take for the BBJ - which is now $2 at all 4 Caesars properties (Bally's, Harrah's, Caesars, and Showboat). This money is spread around, as stated, to the regulars. It seems to be a good deal for those who are there every day (especially on weekends) but really is a ripoff for everyone else. Blame this on Dan, the poker manager at Showboat and apparently head poker manager in A.C. for Caesars properties.

And, yes, the comps are way down. Diamond cards are harder to get and not worth as much as they used to be. And rooms are both more expensive and harder to come by. None of which is the fault of the poker rooms. Corporate policy has changed, and in my opinion not for the better.....

Really sad, because Bally's and Harrah's were always my 2 favorite places to play in A.C.

Lee
Wait what happened to Joan Authur, Dan is now the manager? Why. Showboat is getting sold or closing down.
testcase is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2013, 09:34 AM   #1600
Lovesantiques
A Classic
 
Lovesantiques's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2007
Location: New Castle, Delaware
Posts: 3,879
Re: Harrah's Resort (Atlantic City, NJ)

I assume that you mean John Arthur?? He was the head of poker at Harrah's - but is no longer employed there.

Rumors of Showboat either getting shut down or sold have been floating around for years, but I haven't heard any confirmation of either event happening. From what I've been reading here, they have been experiencing a poker renaissance (sp?) - especially in terms of tournaments.

With both John Arthur and Bally's manager gone, and with Caesars not having really had a poker manager at the time, Dan was the only one left to handle the job.

Lee
Lovesantiques is offline   Reply With Quote

Reply
      

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off


Forum Jump


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 12:38 AM.


Powered by vBulletin®
Copyright ©2000 - 2021, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Copyright © 2008-2020, Two Plus Two Interactive