Two Plus Two Publishing LLC Two Plus Two Publishing LLC
 

Go Back   Two Plus Two Poker Forums > >

Venues & Communities Discussion of live, legal poker venues, and discussion among players in live poker "neighborhoods."

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-13-2011, 12:11 PM   #1026
beetman
old hand
 
Join Date: Sep 2002
Posts: 1,507
Re: Harrah's Resort (Atlantic City, NJ)

Quote:
Originally Posted by fingerblastr69 View Post
Well if all I earned (300+ points) was the equivalent of a little over $3 in comps, after several hours of poker and several hundred dollars through the slots, then Harrahs really doesn't want my business. I did enough action that I would have earned about $8 in comps at Borgata.
I'm not sure about slots, but Borgata's VP comps are about twice as good as Harrah's. What limit of poker were you playing at Harrah's that Borgata comps better? I was under the impression that CET and Borgata poker comps were comparable, but I play mostly limit so I don't play very often at CET properties.
beetman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2011, 01:27 PM   #1027
blah45
adept
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Posts: 829
Re: Harrah's Resort (Atlantic City, NJ)

Quote:
Originally Posted by njcfc View Post
Caesars is not walking distance from Harrah's. You're gonna wanna take a cab or Jitney.
that was in reference to me walking from Trop/Trump plaza to Caesars. LOL

i would never do that a cab driver did tell us its only 2 miles but youd be walking on the highway pretty much and i wouldnt risk my life over a couple dollars

the jitney website isnt to helpful with routes but it seems that the 123 routes go from boardwalk casinos to the marina district
blah45 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2011, 02:08 PM   #1028
Lovesantiques
A Classic
 
Lovesantiques's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2007
Location: New Castle, Delaware
Posts: 3,879
Re: Harrah's Resort (Atlantic City, NJ)

Trump Plaza is right next door to Caesar's. Literally. Cross the street to get from one to the other.

Walking to the Trop from either of them isn't bad at all - just walk along the boardwalk.

The #2 Jitney goes from the Marina District (Borgata, Harrah's, and Golden Nugget) to all of the Boardwalk casinos. Runs fairly frequently, but I don't recall how often - it is somewhat erratic.

Lee
Lovesantiques is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2011, 12:18 PM   #1029
PyramidPower
newbie
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Posts: 41
Re: Harrah's Resort (Atlantic City, NJ)

Got a call that the Bad Beat Jackpot hit last night at the Harrah's Casinos. 150 people won something like $630.

The Tropicana Bad Beat hit too! SO it was a good night for poker players.
PyramidPower is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2011, 12:19 PM   #1030
YouFold2Me
old hand
 
YouFold2Me's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Location: AC
Posts: 1,814
Re: Harrah's Resort (Atlantic City, NJ)

Yup! Me and my girl were here, Shipped $631 weee!! Hit around 4AM at Caesars

Last edited by YouFold2Me; 10-14-2011 at 12:35 PM.
YouFold2Me is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2011, 12:26 PM   #1031
PyramidPower
newbie
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Posts: 41
Re: Harrah's Resort (Atlantic City, NJ)

Quote:
Originally Posted by YouFold2Me View Post
Yup! Me and my girl were here, Shipped $631 weee!! Hit around 4AM.
It has hit 5 times in the past month and I missed every one.
PyramidPower is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2011, 12:55 PM   #1032
sixfiftySNGchk
grinder
 
sixfiftySNGchk's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Location: Chesapeake City, MD
Posts: 421
Re: Harrah's Resort (Atlantic City, NJ)

Always hits when I'm a week out from going to AC...
sixfiftySNGchk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2011, 08:54 PM   #1033
Ruler of the East
Poker Room Rep
 
Ruler of the East's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Location: Del Lago Resort and Casino
Posts: 4,423
Re: Harrah's Resort (Atlantic City, NJ)

Taj Bad Beat hit for $200,000
Borgata HIt for 50,000
Tropicana Hit for 549,000
and now Harrah's hits, all in 48 hours. WOW!

Stan
Ruler of the East is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2011, 09:20 PM   #1034
YouFold2Me
old hand
 
YouFold2Me's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Location: AC
Posts: 1,814
Re: Harrah's Resort (Atlantic City, NJ)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ruler of the East View Post
Taj Bad Beat hit for $200,000
Borgata HIt for 50,000
Tropicana Hit for 549,000
and now Harrah's hits, all in 48 hours. WOW!

Stan
Pretty sick run!
YouFold2Me is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2011, 10:51 PM   #1035
MrAce777
adept
 
MrAce777's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Location: NJ
Posts: 833
Re: Harrah's Resort (Atlantic City, NJ)

Looking forward to the WSOPC at Harrah's and I already booked my room. Sweet!
MrAce777 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2011, 01:38 AM   #1036
TheTalkingMule
grinder
 
TheTalkingMule's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2008
Location: Kensington South
Posts: 468
Re: Harrah's Resort (Atlantic City, NJ)

LOL @ The Trop getting a $500k interest free loan for months on end.
TheTalkingMule is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2011, 06:15 AM   #1037
Rush17
Pooh-Bah
 
Join Date: May 2007
Location: Borgata/Parx
Posts: 5,974
Re: Harrah's Resort (Atlantic City, NJ)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ruler of the East View Post
Taj Bad Beat hit for $200,000
Borgata HIt for 50,000
Tropicana Hit for 549,000
and now Harrah's hits, all in 48 hours. WOW!

Stan
yeah so everyone go back to the borgata where you belong!
Rush17 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2011, 07:56 AM   #1038
sixfiftySNGchk
grinder
 
sixfiftySNGchk's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Location: Chesapeake City, MD
Posts: 421
Re: Harrah's Resort (Atlantic City, NJ)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rush17 View Post
yeah so everyone go back to the borgata where you belong!
+1
sixfiftySNGchk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2011, 08:14 AM   #1039
Ruler of the East
Poker Room Rep
 
Ruler of the East's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Location: Del Lago Resort and Casino
Posts: 4,423
Re: Harrah's Resort (Atlantic City, NJ)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rush17 View Post
yeah so everyone go back to the borgata where you belong!
I like your location.

Stan
Ruler of the East is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2011, 11:35 AM   #1040
NIN
centurion
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Location: Borgata's Smoke Filled Bathroom
Posts: 107
Re: Harrah's Resort (Atlantic City, NJ)

What's sick is that millions and millions of $'s of our money is being paid out every year to just a select few very lucky individuals who are part of the bad beat when it hits while the rest of us are slowly being sucked dry. (Caesars properties has the best model for lowering your losses).

Has anyone figured out how much $ the bad beat has cost them over the last few years?? I have very good estimate. I'm between $13,000-$16,000. And to many many players that's an entire bankroll!!

When they brought the bad beat jackpot to AC they thought they were going to increase traffic to their rooms and increase their bottom line but approximately $25-30MILLION has been paid out in bad beat money that would have otherwise would not have been displaced. That's a lot of money and has surely contributed to the monumental slowing of AC poker rooms.

Wish they'd get rid of it but it's now part of the landscape so they won't.


Quote:
Originally Posted by YouFold2Me View Post
Pretty sick run!
NIN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2011, 02:24 PM   #1041
YouFold2Me
old hand
 
YouFold2Me's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Location: AC
Posts: 1,814
Re: Harrah's Resort (Atlantic City, NJ)

Quote:
Originally Posted by NIN View Post
Caesars properties has the best model for lowering your losses
+1

and as far as the rest of your rant, i tend to agree with most of your points
YouFold2Me is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2011, 01:04 PM   #1042
blah45
adept
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Posts: 829
Re: Harrah's Resort (Atlantic City, NJ)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lovesantiques View Post
Trump Plaza is right next door to Caesar's. Literally. Cross the street to get from one to the other.

Walking to the Trop from either of them isn't bad at all - just walk along the boardwalk.

The #2 Jitney goes from the Marina District (Borgata, Harrah's, and Golden Nugget) to all of the Boardwalk casinos. Runs fairly frequently, but I don't recall how often - it is somewhat erratic.

Lee
i know that i was gonna take the shuttle from ceasars to harrahs but thats not happening anymore

so only the # goes to marina from boardwalk?
blah45 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2011, 09:56 PM   #1043
LowLevelGrinder
newbie
 
Join Date: Feb 2011
Location: Central Jersey
Posts: 31
Re: Harrah's Resort (Atlantic City, NJ)

Did they lose/get rid of some dealers over the last few months? There seems to be more than a few missing that I used to see all the time
LowLevelGrinder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2011, 11:14 AM   #1044
YouFold2Me
old hand
 
YouFold2Me's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Location: AC
Posts: 1,814
Re: Harrah's Resort (Atlantic City, NJ)

Quote:
Originally Posted by LowLevelGrinder View Post
Did they lose/get rid of some dealers over the last few months? There seems to be more than a few missing that I used to see all the time
Was thinking this the last cpl times i was there..
YouFold2Me is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2011, 12:38 PM   #1045
Wubbie075
veteran
 
Join Date: Jul 2005
Location: City so nice they named it twice
Posts: 2,593
Re: Harrah's Resort (Atlantic City, NJ)

Heading down tomorrow or wednesday. How's the pink OE doing?
Wubbie075 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2011, 01:43 PM   #1046
Lovesantiques
A Classic
 
Lovesantiques's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2007
Location: New Castle, Delaware
Posts: 3,879
Re: Harrah's Resort (Atlantic City, NJ)

The pink chip game goes almost every day, from what I've seen. Usually starts around 11:00am-ish or so.

Dealers come and go. 'Tis the nature of things. I'm not aware of any big shake up.

Lee
Lovesantiques is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2011, 05:09 PM   #1047
Wolfshead
newbie
 
Wolfshead's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2011
Posts: 26
Re: Harrah's Resort (Atlantic City, NJ)

Quote:
Originally Posted by NIN View Post
What's sick is that millions and millions of $'s of our money is being paid out every year to just a select few very lucky individuals who are part of the bad beat when it hits while the rest of us are slowly being sucked dry. (Caesars properties has the best model for lowering your losses).

Has anyone figured out how much $ the bad beat has cost them over the last few years?? I have very good estimate. I'm between $13,000-$16,000. And to many many players that's an entire bankroll!!

When they brought the bad beat jackpot to AC they thought they were going to increase traffic to their rooms and increase their bottom line but approximately $25-30MILLION has been paid out in bad beat money that would have otherwise would not have been displaced. That's a lot of money and has surely contributed to the monumental slowing of AC poker rooms.

Wish they'd get rid of it but it's now part of the landscape so they won't.
I don't know how much total I've lost but I look at it this way

On an average night for me I win between 20-40 pots over the course of a session. That's $1 for each pot. I don't go and spend $20-40 on lottery tix so why the hell do I want to contribute that much to a BBJ which is nothing more than a lottery IMO? I'm in a poker room to play poker not to wish I get lucky and hit a lottery. I can save gas and stay home to do that. unfortunately there are too many people who chase the BB so it is not about to disappear anytime soon.

Btw, I actually caught a piece of the one at Harrah's last month but while I won't throw the money away it hasn't changed my opinion. I actually got lucky as i was hoping to play the pink game where I wouldn't be eligible but I think the players were all over at the Borg for the Open and the dead money there.
Wolfshead is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2011, 09:09 PM   #1048
PyramidPower
newbie
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Posts: 41
Re: Harrah's Resort (Atlantic City, NJ)

The WSOP Schedule for Harrah's is posted.

http://www.wsop.com/tourney/tourneyd...sp?groupID=845
PyramidPower is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2011, 11:38 AM   #1049
sixfiftySNGchk
grinder
 
sixfiftySNGchk's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Location: Chesapeake City, MD
Posts: 421
Re: Harrah's Resort (Atlantic City, NJ)

Quote:
Originally Posted by PyramidPower View Post
The WSOP Schedule for Harrah's is posted.

http://www.wsop.com/tourney/tourneyd...sp?groupID=845
Excellent, thanks!
sixfiftySNGchk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2011, 12:22 PM   #1050
NIN
centurion
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Location: Borgata's Smoke Filled Bathroom
Posts: 107
Re: Harrah's Resort (Atlantic City, NJ)

Caesar's and other properties introduced the bad beat first to (in their minds)entice players to play in their room's over Borgata I believe. Borgata's "line" has been that they think the bad beat is bad for poker but they had to start one to remain competitive with the other properties. But now all the rooms and 99.9% of the players all suffering as a result of this ("lottery") gimmick cause of a severely depleted player pool.

Tournaments are very similar to the bad beat in how it puts huge $ signs in front of the players but paying the big $ to only a select few. The buy in fees to the poker rooms keep getting higher... there are more and more tournaments cause its the only way outside of the peak months they can get the room anywhere near how a regular day used to be. This of course will only continue to make things worse for the player pool as a whole long term like the bad beat has.

Would be nice if these room managers got together, talked about what they have done to AC poker and make some changes.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wolfshead View Post
I don't know how much total I've lost but I look at it this way

On an average night for me I win between 20-40 pots over the course of a session. That's $1 for each pot. I don't go and spend $20-40 on lottery tix so why the hell do I want to contribute that much to a BBJ which is nothing more than a lottery IMO? I'm in a poker room to play poker not to wish I get lucky and hit a lottery. I can save gas and stay home to do that. unfortunately there are too many people who chase the BB so it is not about to disappear anytime soon.

Btw, I actually caught a piece of the one at Harrah's last month but while I won't throw the money away it hasn't changed my opinion. I actually got lucky as i was hoping to play the pink game where I wouldn't be eligible but I think the players were all over at the Borg for the Open and the dead money there.
NIN is offline   Reply With Quote

Reply
      

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off


Forum Jump


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 12:36 AM.


Powered by vBulletin®
Copyright ©2000 - 2021, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Copyright © 2008-2020, Two Plus Two Interactive