Two Plus Two Publishing LLC
Two Plus Two Publishing LLC
 

Go Back   Two Plus Two Poker Forums > >

Notices

Venues & Communities Discussion of live, legal poker venues, and discussion among players in live poker "neighborhoods."

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-15-2010, 04:38 PM   #101
2to1Underdog
centurion
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Location: Phila
Posts: 115
Re: Harrah's Chester, PA Casino & Racetrack Poker Room

Man, I was really hoping for alittle bit of a bigger room. Looks tiny and cramped. I understand there is only 25 tables but that looks horrible.
2to1Underdog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2010, 05:10 PM   #102
RatedRDP
banned
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Posts: 48
Re: Harrah's Chester, PA Casino & Racetrack Poker Room

What do you see when you look out those windows?
RatedRDP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2010, 06:19 PM   #103
TheTalkingMule
grinder
 
TheTalkingMule's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2008
Location: Kensington South
Posts: 463
Re: Harrah's Chester, PA Casino & Racetrack Poker Room

Looks good enough for me. I think the poker room should be BYOB though. Everyone could have their own cooler. How sweet would that be?
TheTalkingMule is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2010, 10:53 PM   #104
kenster5000
newbie
 
kenster5000's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Location: Springfield PA
Posts: 43
Re: Harrah's Chester, PA Casino & Racetrack Poker Room

Quote:
Originally Posted by MustangJack View Post
Tables look really nice. No Cup holders. With no people in there it looks as though there is no room to walk between tables. Just look at the lack of room between the tables in the last photo. Going to be a lot of "Excuse me can you scooch in so I can get to my seat"
What is up with the no cupholders? Grf. And Harrah's AC does have cupholders and they have green felt, which seems a lot better than this nasty orange stuff. Not impressed.
kenster5000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2010, 11:30 PM   #105
desphrs
stranger
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Posts: 4
Re: Harrah's Chester, PA Casino & Racetrack Poker Room

Quote:
Originally Posted by kenster5000 View Post
What is up with the no cupholders? Grf. And Harrah's AC does have cupholders and they have green felt, which seems a lot better than this nasty orange stuff. Not impressed.
The "nasty orange stuff" reminds me of the felt (?) tables at some of the smaller/cheaper casinos in Vegas -- definitely Imperial Palace, and I want to say I saw orange felt at Binion's too. Those tables/rooms had specially made cupholders that would be given to players and wedged into the table between the padding and the felt. (Just in case there are people on here who have never been to Vegas.)

I think this is a sign that while they're going to make the Chester room as nice as it can be at the outset, Harrah's has no illusions that this property won't have the cachet of AC or their higher-end Vegas sites.
desphrs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2010, 12:37 AM   #106
knircky
veteran
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Posts: 2,097
Re: Harrah's Chester, PA Casino & Racetrack Poker Room

DP also has no cup holders, Aria has none, belagio has none. The room looks awesome.

I'm sure it will be the primary room in Philly parx is too far away.

We will see. The crime is an absolute non issue when u drive there. America is full of bad places everywhere, Vegas is no better than Chester from that perspective.
knircky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2010, 12:43 AM   #107
Grim Horse
grinder
 
Grim Horse's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Location: The other side of the monitor.
Posts: 517
Re: Harrah's Chester, PA Casino & Racetrack Poker Room

Quote:
Originally Posted by knircky View Post
I'm sure it will be the primary room in Philly parx is too far away.
They are equidistant.
Grim Horse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2010, 12:50 AM   #108
TheTalkingMule
grinder
 
TheTalkingMule's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2008
Location: Kensington South
Posts: 463
Re: Harrah's Chester, PA Casino & Racetrack Poker Room

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grim Horse View Post
They are equidistant.
No one on the Main Line knows where Parx is, but they know how to get on the Blue Rt.
TheTalkingMule is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2010, 12:52 AM   #109
Grim Horse
grinder
 
Grim Horse's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Location: The other side of the monitor.
Posts: 517
Re: Harrah's Chester, PA Casino & Racetrack Poker Room

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheTalkingMule View Post
No one on the Main Line knows where Parx is, but they know how to get on the Blue Rt.
Yes, 95 is hard to find
Grim Horse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2010, 02:27 AM   #110
Grim Horse
grinder
 
Grim Horse's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Location: The other side of the monitor.
Posts: 517
Re: Harrah's Chester, PA Casino & Racetrack Poker Room

Outside of the Team Chester / Team Parx debate

How many folks are planning to play regularly in any mid stakes limit hold em games there? And by regularly I mean 40+ hours a week. I mean Thursday afternoon type of regular. Hopefully we can muster a 10/20 at minimum game going during the week.

The reason I ask is that we may have to organize together to keep a regular game going during the week. Hopefully there will be more traffic and it won't come to that. If it does we may all have to set up a semi schedule to keep a game rolling on certain nights, instead of each of us wandering in by themselves and seeing no game and leaving.

If folks are interested and want to PM me their available times I will merge them all try to post up what seems to be the most common ground for everyone to get together. I am speaking in the 10/20 - 20/40 range. I can only assume that if a bigger game goes than a regular 10 will be no problem.

I just hope it won't be like Delaware Park with one day of 10/20 opening week and then nothing but 3/6.
Grim Horse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2010, 03:23 AM   #111
knircky
veteran
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Posts: 2,097
Re: Harrah's Chester, PA Casino & Racetrack Poker Room

i thought you might appreciate this view of the poker room

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=odLl3iRBiOc

:-)
knircky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2010, 03:29 AM   #112
knircky
veteran
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Posts: 2,097
Re: Harrah's Chester, PA Casino & Racetrack Poker Room

So after seeing the room today, i am convinced it will become the prime one. It is nicer than DP, however the rake will be better in DP. Also parking is super convenient and the windows are kinda cool!

It is a really nice room, and there will be no noise from slot machines! I hope they don't overrake us, so we can play there as the main deal and don't have to go to DP. I like this location much better.
knircky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2010, 05:39 AM   #113
unionfan831
banned
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Posts: 102
Re: Harrah's Chester, PA Casino & Racetrack Poker Room

Quote:
Originally Posted by knircky View Post
So after seeing the room today, i am convinced it will become the prime one. It is nicer than DP, however the rake will be better in DP. Also parking is super convenient and the windows are kinda cool!

It is a really nice room, and there will be no noise from slot machines! I hope they don't overrake us, so we can play there as the main deal and don't have to go to DP. I like this location much better.
are there walls separating the poker room from the rest of casino? someone tonight at DP said you can't smoke in the room, but you can six inches outside of it. that defeats the purpose and means i'll make the longer commute to del park regularly.

what's pennsylvania have against non-smokers?
unionfan831 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2010, 08:04 AM   #114
mi$ter ILL
veteran
 
mi$ter ILL's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Location: im at where your sister went
Posts: 3,334
Re: Harrah's Chester, PA Casino & Racetrack Poker Room

a few people mentioned the comps sucking; arent the comps at all harrahs properties across the board the same? i think the comps at the ac harrahs are pretty good; are they different at chester?
mi$ter ILL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2010, 09:41 AM   #115
MacGuyV
Carpal \'Tunnel
 
MacGuyV's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2005
Posts: 22,295
Re: Harrah's Chester, PA Casino & Racetrack Poker Room

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grim Horse View Post
Outside of the Team Chester / Team Parx debate

How many folks are planning to play regularly in any mid stakes limit hold em games there? And by regularly I mean 40+ hours a week. I mean Thursday afternoon type of regular. Hopefully we can muster a 10/20 at minimum game going during the week.

The reason I ask is that we may have to organize together to keep a regular game going during the week. Hopefully there will be more traffic and it won't come to that. If it does we may all have to set up a semi schedule to keep a game rolling on certain nights, instead of each of us wandering in by themselves and seeing no game and leaving.

If folks are interested and want to PM me their available times I will merge them all try to post up what seems to be the most common ground for everyone to get together. I am speaking in the 10/20 - 20/40 range. I can only assume that if a bigger game goes than a regular 10 will be no problem.

I just hope it won't be like Delaware Park with one day of 10/20 opening week and then nothing but 3/6.
<3 Best of luck with this. Can't do 40hrs/wk with a FT job, but will def. do ~20 anywhere that has an 8 or 10 or 15 game. Otherwise I'll continue to settle for the monthly trip to Borgata (or learn NL). Would prefer to not have eight 2p2ers at my table though obv.
MacGuyV is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2010, 11:40 AM   #116
MMan710
centurion
 
Join Date: Oct 2005
Posts: 152
Re: Harrah's Chester, PA Casino & Racetrack Poker Room

Harrah's comps for poker vary based on location. For example, in Atlantic City, you earn about 24 tier points and $1 an hour for playing 1-2 NL. However, in Harrah's New Orleans, you get no comps from poker at all. They also charge $6 a half hour instead of the 10% rake up to $4.

Given that there is competition in the Philadelphia area, the rake situation may be better than New Orleans, where Harrah's is the only game in town.
MMan710 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2010, 11:51 AM   #117
TS2
old hand
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Location: Las Vegas
Posts: 1,441
Re: Harrah's Chester, PA Casino & Racetrack Poker Room

its 30 tier an hour at 1/2 at least at Harahs and im pretty sure all of AC
TS2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2010, 12:19 PM   #118
PALLADIN
journeyman
 
Join Date: Feb 2006
Posts: 277
Re: Harrah's Chester, PA Casino & Racetrack Poker Room

The room opens for testing at 1:00 PM, Invitation Only, as reported by 6ABC on its noon news report.

Good Luck All that are participating.





HGWT
PALLADIN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2010, 01:23 PM   #119
ThreeGapper
stranger
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Posts: 9
Re: Harrah's Chester, PA Casino & Racetrack Poker Room

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheTalkingMule View Post
No one on the Main Line knows where Parx is, but they know how to get on the Blue Rt.
Not true. Option is:

- Blue Route South to Chester, or
- Blue Route North to PA Turnpike at Plymouth Meeting; Turnpike East to Route 1 Exit South for PARX.
ThreeGapper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2010, 04:18 PM   #120
2to1Underdog
centurion
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Location: Phila
Posts: 115
Re: Harrah's Chester, PA Casino & Racetrack Poker Room

Alright I retract my earlier statement, the room looks decent now. The pics that were posted earlier in the thread did the room no justice. But thanks for posting the pics and video.

Now I'm excited for my day off on Monday, weekends are going to be packed in there.!!!!!!!
2to1Underdog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2010, 04:21 PM   #121
pete921
old hand
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Posts: 1,603
Re: Harrah's Chester, PA Casino & Racetrack Poker Room

Get you get there via septa or the train?
pete921 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2010, 04:36 PM   #122
MacGuyV
Carpal \'Tunnel
 
MacGuyV's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2005
Posts: 22,295
Re: Harrah's Chester, PA Casino & Racetrack Poker Room

Quote:
Originally Posted by pete921 View Post
Get you get there via septa or the train?
I don't think there's a train. With a million Septa bus routes I'd imagine one of them goes there.

Still no word on what they're spreading 2 days away? Are they just going to wing it?
MacGuyV is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2010, 04:40 PM   #123
mi$ter ILL
veteran
 
mi$ter ILL's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Location: im at where your sister went
Posts: 3,334
Re: Harrah's Chester, PA Casino & Racetrack Poker Room

good god the thought of taking a septa bus out there is ridiculously depressing.

that sucks about varying comp; honestly i enjoy the comps/free rooms at harrahs ac; might still wind up there more than chester....
mi$ter ILL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2010, 04:44 PM   #124
wynmor
enthusiast
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Posts: 65
Re: Harrah's Chester, PA Casino & Racetrack Poker Room

Quote:
Originally Posted by unionfan831 View Post
are there walls separating the poker room from the rest of casino? someone tonight at DP said you can't smoke in the room, but you can six inches outside of it. that defeats the purpose and means i'll make the longer commute to del park regularly.

what's pennsylvania have against non-smokers?
You can't smoke inside any public place in DE. A smoker can walk outside, by the racetrack & smoke to there hearts content.
wynmor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2010, 04:49 PM   #125
Akimka
adept
 
Akimka's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2004
Location: East coast
Posts: 1,108
Re: Harrah's Chester, PA Casino & Racetrack Poker Room

wow! windows!!!!
must be nice
Akimka is offline   Reply With Quote

Reply
      

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off


Forum Jump


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 12:08 AM.


Powered by vBulletin®
Copyright ©2000 - 2019, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Copyright 2008-2017, Two Plus Two Interactive
 
 
Poker Players - Streaming Live Online