Open Side Menu Go to the Top
Register
Harrah's Cherokee (Cherokee, NC) Harrah's Cherokee (Cherokee, NC)

02-03-2022 , 04:21 PM
I'm planning to play here for the first time the 17th - 20th. Are the cash games generally the same, better, or worse during WSOP?
Harrah's Cherokee (Cherokee, NC) Quote
02-03-2022 , 05:08 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Phatty
I'm planning to play here for the first time the 17th - 20th. Are the cash games generally the same, better, or worse during WSOP?
I think the only time worth visiting Cherokee is during the circuit events.

Sent from my SM-T720 using Tapatalk
Harrah's Cherokee (Cherokee, NC) Quote
02-03-2022 , 07:49 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by slowcheetah1
Thoughts on the current state of the 5/10 games? Anything higher happen on the weekends?
Like 5/10 in most places, itís hit and miss based on randoms showing up. Runs fridays and saturdays. When we get the straddle going and game playing big, itís normally up against a pretty stout lineup (the 5k+ stacks are always pros/semi-pros). Not any ďweakĒ regulars in the game. Nothing bigger runs.


Quote:
Originally Posted by Javanewt
Heading to Cherokee for the WSOP (Feb. 18 - 23). Noob question (I've never played in a "big" tournament), can you buy in a day or two in advance? Any advice for buying into tournaments at WSOP/Cherokee -- when to show up, what to have prepared?

Plan to play the seniors on Sunday and the PLO on Monday (and hopefully Tuesday).

Thanks for any input.
Not much of a tourney player, but fairly certain you can buy in a couple days early if you want. If like the last couple series, they will have multiple entry tourneys, so donít have to worry about showing up late. Only thing I do to prepare is make sure I bring a can of Lysol to spray down some random people when needed.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Phatty
I'm planning to play here for the first time the 17th - 20th. Are the cash games generally the same, better, or worse during WSOP?
PLO is considerably bigger (5/5 without event/ multiple 10/25 during event). For Holdem, 5/10 will mostly likely be as high as it goes. Weíve tried for bigger, but people donít show after signing up.
Harrah's Cherokee (Cherokee, NC) Quote
02-04-2022 , 06:12 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jediburke
Like 5/10 in most places, itís hit and miss based on randoms showing up. Runs fridays and saturdays. When we get the straddle going and game playing big, itís normally up against a pretty stout lineup (the 5k+ stacks are always pros/semi-pros). Not any ďweakĒ regulars in the game. Nothing bigger runs.




Not much of a tourney player, but fairly certain you can buy in a couple days early if you want. If like the last couple series, they will have multiple entry tourneys, so donít have to worry about showing up late. Only thing I do to prepare is make sure I bring a can of Lysol to spray down some random people when needed.



PLO is considerably bigger (5/5 without event/ multiple 10/25 during event). For Holdem, 5/10 will mostly likely be as high as it goes. Weíve tried for bigger, but people donít show after signing up.

Thanks for the intel. Might try and come up next Thursday night. Would ideally like to play 5/10 but sounds like it might not run. 2/5 it is otherwise


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Harrah's Cherokee (Cherokee, NC) Quote
02-05-2022 , 07:34 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by slowcheetah1
Thanks for the intel. Might try and come up next Thursday night. Would ideally like to play 5/10 but sounds like it might not run. 2/5 it is otherwise


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
If you ever play PLO, Cherokee is the place to play.
Harrah's Cherokee (Cherokee, NC) Quote
02-13-2022 , 05:23 PM
Hey guys, I haven't been to Harrah's Cherokee in 7 years. It looks like the only games that run regularly are NL and PLO. What games and stakes typically run during the WSOP-c series? Any BigO, O8, Stud/8, etc? Thanks.
Harrah's Cherokee (Cherokee, NC) Quote
02-13-2022 , 10:47 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jediburke

PLO is considerably bigger (5/5 without event/ multiple 10/25 during event). For Holdem, 5/10 will mostly likely be as high as it goes. Weíve tried for bigger, but people donít show after signing up.
I will be visiting Cherokee during the WSOP circuit events and would be down to try to get a 10/25-25/50 NL going.
Harrah's Cherokee (Cherokee, NC) Quote
02-19-2022 , 03:41 PM
Well, my plan to visit here during the WSOP because there is more cash game action may have backfired. It's 2:30 pm Saturday and the 2/5 NLHE waiting list is 142 players deep. Play some 1/2 while I wait? Well that one is 184 players long. I guess all the dealers took vacation or something or they didn't ship enough in. There are a lot of empty tables that could be filled with games.

Hopefully maybe an hour or two I'll see some cards [emoji1696]
Harrah's Cherokee (Cherokee, NC) Quote
02-21-2022 , 05:29 PM
Anyone know how the lines have been for the WSOPC tournament buy-inís? Iím coming down for event #8 and wonít be arriving to much before the starting time.
Harrah's Cherokee (Cherokee, NC) Quote
02-24-2022 , 12:46 PM
I just got back. The lines to buy in for the tournaments on Saturday went very quickly -- as long as you had your ID and players card. They couldn't find me in the system, although I've had a players card for years, so I had to run to the casino to get a new card (the card machine recognized me).

Lines in the cash games were insane. I busted the Seniors tournament early, but that turned out to be a good thing because I was one of the first in line for the 10 a.m. poker room opening on Sunday. Sat in the 2/5 NLHE and won $1,650, so a pretty good day. I was on the 1/2 PLO list, which was 69 players long at 3 p.m. and they had still not opened one table. They did have one or two 5/5 PLO w/ a rock going. The room was packed. 1/2 NLHE games were in the event center w/ the tournament. They also had a bunch of SNGs, one of which my husband won to get up for the trip.

Brag: I cashed (20 out of 353) in event #7, PLO. Felt good, but I really wanted to make the final table. Went out w/ KKXX in BB vs. AJXX in SB when it folded to us -- flopped an A. A round earlier it folded to us and we both had AAXX, gii, and chopped.
Harrah's Cherokee (Cherokee, NC) Quote
05-22-2022 , 02:34 PM
Per Bravo, New table limits and buyins coming in June:
1/2 NLHE becomes 1/3 with a $300 max buyin
1/2 PLO gets $400 max buyins
5/5 PLO increases min buyin to $300

Sounds like good changes to me.
Harrah's Cherokee (Cherokee, NC) Quote
05-23-2022 , 07:36 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by mogwai316
Per Bravo, New table limits and buyins coming in June:
1/2 NLHE becomes 1/3 with a $300 max buyin
1/2 PLO gets $400 max buyins
5/5 PLO increases min buyin to $300

Sounds like good changes to me.
1/2 NL with $500 or at least match the stack would be better. But at least $300 is a little improvement.
Harrah's Cherokee (Cherokee, NC) Quote
05-23-2022 , 09:17 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by ncmtbiker
1/2 NL with $500 or at least match the stack would be better. But at least $300 is a little improvement.
Yeah, it always felt like there's a big gap between the 1/2 200max and the 2/5 1000max. I'd be ok if they left those in place and added something like 2/3 500max in between. But they must think it will kill off the 2/5 games if they did that.

The 1/2 PLO buyin should be a big improvement, 100bb max was just way too small for a PLO game.
Harrah's Cherokee (Cherokee, NC) Quote
05-24-2022 , 05:58 PM
Played a short 2/5 session Sunday night and the game was great. Never got a PLO game going, though. Really looking forward to the "new" room. Will be headed back June 10 - 15.
Harrah's Cherokee (Cherokee, NC) Quote
05-31-2022 , 07:08 PM
The Bad Beat is getting better:

STARTING JUNE 1, 2022
Any Quads or Better Beaten Wins $10,000!
The Winning Hand Collects $5,000!
A Player's Share Earns $1,000!
Harrah's Cherokee (Cherokee, NC) Quote
07-21-2022 , 11:38 PM
Hey everyone, long time lurker first time posting.

I'm looking to stop in the first weekend when the WSOP circuit starts. Most of what I've read online is that the 2/5 is pretty beatable and more recommended than the 1/3 considering the rake/regs not being as good as they think they are.

Anyone been recently who can comment on this? I'm a decent winner on Bovada up to NL25 and I'm not sure if that means anything when it comes to casino play. Besides online I'm mostly playing home/underground sit and gos.
Harrah's Cherokee (Cherokee, NC) Quote
08-03-2022 , 09:57 PM
Does anyone know where in Harrah's Cherokee the WSOPc will be held? Is it the new conference center?
Harrah's Cherokee (Cherokee, NC) Quote
08-05-2022 , 04:29 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by notsosafely
Hey everyone, long time lurker first time posting.

I'm looking to stop in the first weekend when the WSOP circuit starts. Most of what I've read online is that the 2/5 is pretty beatable and more recommended than the 1/3 considering the rake/regs not being as good as they think they are.

Anyone been recently who can comment on this? I'm a decent winner on Bovada up to NL25 and I'm not sure if that means anything when it comes to casino play. Besides online I'm mostly playing home/underground sit and gos.
Hi,

I've only played holiday weekends but have visited multiple times per year. Basically, every table I've played at 2/5 I felt it beatable. The 2/5 games are good and there is a crew of "regs" who play like it's 2003. I came across less than 5 players total I would say even had a shot at beating online.

If you can afford it, I wouldn't play 1/2 the rake is too high it's actually the same as 2/5 so makes no sense to play 1/2 IMO.

I will warn you about the WSOP-C, the cash game wait lists are usually maxed out, sometimes waitlists in the 100s. You will likely need to be there very early and prepared to sit in your seat all day with only a 30 minute "dinner break" allowed.
Harrah's Cherokee (Cherokee, NC) Quote

      
m