Two Plus Two Publishing LLC
Two Plus Two Publishing LLC
 

Go Back   Two Plus Two Poker Forums > >

Notices

Venues & Communities Discussion of live, legal poker venues, and discussion among players in live poker "neighborhoods."

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-11-2009, 07:04 AM   #226
Stovecore
newbie
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Location: Small stakes-ville..
Posts: 21
re: The Foxwoods Poker Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by Michard P Raul View Post
tl;dr



wat..?
lolz.

A bit of personal preference falls into the fray..

As a poker player, I've gone to the 'woods with buddies most of the time, and most aren't poker players; rather, they tend to dink around in the table games and slots.. and I just don't understand it.

As a poker player, you tend to scoff at the thought of gambling aka playing table games. wasting BBs on three-card standup stud or betting on red just seems like a waste, considering most of us have an edge against actual players..

So for the guy misappropriating four-card with real games, there it is.
Stovecore is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2009, 07:13 AM   #227
Stovecore
newbie
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Location: Small stakes-ville..
Posts: 21
Exclamation re: The Foxwoods Poker Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by DMBFan4Ever View Post
Hopefully my next trip i meet some of you
Ditto.

I'll be back Friday and/or Saturday. I was supposed to meet up with boxedin but my poker pal went busto early and made the night GG. Anyone else going up for friday/saturday that wants to hit up the Atrium for pregame, re-post, reply, or PM.
Stovecore is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2009, 09:42 AM   #228
Lattimer
I is smart
 
Lattimer's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Location: New England
Posts: 14,272
re: The Foxwoods Poker Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by reedcusa View Post
I know quite a few who already received platinum by only playing poker.
1st) Get a black card=> 500 hrs AND 75 days played within a year (it's checked monthly)
2nd) Average 32 hrs a week for 6 months
The Black card is checked monthly, but once you get it it's good for a year, right?

What about Platinum? I was told they're checking every 3 months, how long is it good for once you get it? Do you earn double points at poker like with the Black card?
Lattimer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2009, 11:15 AM   #229
Future Pro
old hand
 
Future Pro's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: Cape Cod
Posts: 1,499
re: The Foxwoods Poker Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lattimer View Post
The Black card is checked monthly, but once you get it it's good for a year, right?

What about Platinum? I was told they're checking every 3 months, how long is it good for once you get it? Do you earn double points at poker like with the Black card?
The Platinum and Diamond cards are good for 6 months. If you have one of those cards, you get 10% (Platinum) or 15% (Diamond) off purchases in the Dream Rewards Gallery, excluding Gift Cards, Apple products, and discounted/sale items.
Future Pro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2009, 11:30 AM   #230
Future Pro
old hand
 
Future Pro's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: Cape Cod
Posts: 1,499
re: The Foxwoods Poker Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by Army Eye View Post
Yeah, I'm not sure it's even really feasible for a poker player to get platinum. It just doesn't generate enough points. Platinum is, I imagine, the domain of the Baccarat/BJ players.

Would be nice to have a second-tier option for poker players..
FYP
Future Pro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2009, 01:19 PM   #231
sejunkiexxx
centurion
 
sejunkiexxx's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Location: charlton,mass
Posts: 151
re: The Foxwoods Poker Thread

was thinking about buyin a ipod at the store upstairs its liek 240 but i herad that they make you spend liek an additional 70$ if ur using your dream card points for the purchase is this so ?
sejunkiexxx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2009, 01:34 PM   #232
Mich P Rich
veteran
 
Mich P Rich's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: "The nicest guy in poker"
Posts: 3,360
re: The Foxwoods Poker Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by sejunkiexxx View Post
was thinking about buyin a ipod at the store upstairs its liek 240 but i herad that they make you spend liek an additional 70$ if ur using your dream card points for the purchase is this so ?
Supposedly, they are forcing you to purchase a some sort of a plan w/ it.
Mich P Rich is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2009, 01:48 PM   #233
sejunkiexxx
centurion
 
sejunkiexxx's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Location: charlton,mass
Posts: 151
re: The Foxwoods Poker Thread

yea thats what someone posted on here somewere a week back or so. some kinda insurance policy or so.. sucks but idk. i want one for that price have over 200 on my card any suggestions? find someone to buy points of the card? anyone ever do this?
sejunkiexxx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2009, 02:09 PM   #234
teaserdude007
enthusiast
 
teaserdude007's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Location: NYC
Posts: 74
re: The Foxwoods Poker Thread

Which Cardroom is better Mohegan or Foxwoods.. Action? Seats? Comps? NLHE 2/5
teaserdude007 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2009, 02:57 PM   #235
Mich P Rich
veteran
 
Mich P Rich's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: "The nicest guy in poker"
Posts: 3,360
re: The Foxwoods Poker Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by sejunkiexxx View Post
yea thats what someone posted on here somewere a week back or so. some kinda insurance policy or so.. sucks but idk. i want one for that price have over 200 on my card any suggestions? find someone to buy points of the card? anyone ever do this?
Can't you get gas $? Imo, get the gas cards (obv you have use for them), and buy an iPod with real money.
Mich P Rich is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2009, 03:09 PM   #236
sejunkiexxx
centurion
 
sejunkiexxx's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Location: charlton,mass
Posts: 151
re: The Foxwoods Poker Thread

idk i never really looked in there other than the ipods thats not a bad idea tho thanks
sejunkiexxx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2009, 05:52 PM   #237
DeadMoneyWalking
Carpal \'Tunnel
 
DeadMoneyWalking's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2005
Location: Avatar Archive
Posts: 28,117
re: The Foxwoods Poker Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by teaserdude007 View Post
Which Cardroom is better Mohegan or Foxwoods.. Action? Seats? Comps? NLHE 2/5
It depends, Foxwoods has better chairs, about the same, it depends.
DeadMoneyWalking is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2009, 08:33 PM   #238
MJ88
veteran
 
MJ88's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2006
Posts: 2,949
re: The Foxwoods Poker Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by LotsOfOuts69 View Post
There are a few differing views on the dream points you get for playing 1/2 NL ( $1/hr or $1.50/hr) in this thread.

I asked a floor on Monday and he said $1.50/hr. I also am about 95% sure I confirmed this by checking my balance before and after my session on Monday although I forgot how much that bacon/egg/cheese sandwich I bought with my dream points cost.
$1.50 / hr @ 1/2NL is correct; double points ($3/hr) if you have a "black card" (75 days and 500 hours played within 6 months).
It used to be $1/hour but FW increased this to $1.50 last summer when they put in the Bravo computer system to track players at the tables (also roughly when Mohegan opened its poker room).
MJ88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2009, 08:47 PM   #239
sejunkiexxx
centurion
 
sejunkiexxx's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Location: charlton,mass
Posts: 151
re: The Foxwoods Poker Thread

75 days and 500 hours within one year.. not 6 months
sejunkiexxx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2009, 08:50 PM   #240
MJ88
veteran
 
MJ88's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2006
Posts: 2,949
re: The Foxwoods Poker Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by sejunkiexxx View Post
75 days and 500 hours within one year.. not 6 months
You're right; it's within a year for Black card , sorry. (I was thinking of Platinum, which is 2500 points in 6 months)>
MJ88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2009, 09:54 PM   #241
Dave D
Pooh-Bah
 
Dave D's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2004
Location: Baltimore
Posts: 4,801
re: The Foxwoods Poker Thread

So there's been some talk of 10/20 limit being dead at FW. Is this really the case? How are tables on WEEKDAYS? I'm thinking about going next week Monday-Friday.

I was there over MLK day in January (that weekend, left tuesday). There was a snowstorm, so Friday was fine, but the rest of the weekend there was only usually 1 or two games going. It's just hard to tell because even though it was a holiday, there was a huge snowstorm, so that probably kept people at home.

Anyway, what's the word on 10/20 limit, and 5/10 kill?
Dave D is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2009, 11:24 PM   #242
LotsOfOuts69
3+1 Commish
 
Join Date: Feb 2005
Location: 'Murica
Posts: 2,371
re: The Foxwoods Poker Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by MJ88 View Post
$1.50 / hr @ 1/2NL is correct; double points ($3/hr) if you have a "black card" (75 days and 500 hours played within 6 months).
It used to be $1/hour but FW increased this to $1.50 last summer when they put in the Bravo computer system to track players at the tables (also roughly when Mohegan opened its poker room).
Quote:
Originally Posted by sejunkiexxx View Post
75 days and 500 hours within one year.. not 6 months
Quote:
Originally Posted by MJ88 View Post
You're right; it's within a year for Black card , sorry. (I was thinking of Platinum, which is 2500 points in 6 months)>
And I'll just go ahead and assume that you do not get credit for playing on 2 days if I go Friday night and play past midnight into Saturday?

What time if the day does the *new day* actually count?
LotsOfOuts69 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2009, 01:42 AM   #243
philsrightthere
banned
 
philsrightthere's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2008
Posts: 572
re: The Foxwoods Poker Thread

are there satellites for some 10k event there next week?
philsrightthere is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2009, 01:47 AM   #244
Future Pro
old hand
 
Future Pro's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: Cape Cod
Posts: 1,499
re: The Foxwoods Poker Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by sejunkiexxx View Post
idk i never really looked in there other than the ipods thats not a bad idea tho thanks
Apple products are actually one of the best deals in the store as they are priced the same as the outside world. Yes, you do have to buy the warranty plan with the newer iPods, but that is beneficial. It covers your iPod for up to 2 years. I think it's 39 points for the Nano's warranty and 59 points for the Classic's warranty.

The gas cards are all right (although the store has been out of them for over 1/5 months) but they are marked up. A $50 card is 87.5 points. So you're paying 37.5 points more for a gas card and getting nothing for it, or paying 39/59 points more for the iPod's warranty but getting 2 years of coverage for your product. The iPod seems like a better deal to me. If you're short on points, you can pay the difference in cash at the ratio of 1 point = $1.
Future Pro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2009, 02:46 AM   #245
DeadMoneyWalking
Carpal \'Tunnel
 
DeadMoneyWalking's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2005
Location: Avatar Archive
Posts: 28,117
re: The Foxwoods Poker Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dave D View Post
So there's been some talk of 10/20 limit being dead at FW. Is this really the case? How are tables on WEEKDAYS? I'm thinking about going next week Monday-Friday.

I was there over MLK day in January (that weekend, left tuesday). There was a snowstorm, so Friday was fine, but the rest of the weekend there was only usually 1 or two games going. It's just hard to tell because even though it was a holiday, there was a huge snowstorm, so that probably kept people at home.

Anyway, what's the word on 10/20 limit, and 5/10 kill?
I think during 2008 a lot of players lost and had to drop down. I got this by looking at familiar faces in 4/8 and 5/10.

I easily played 500 hours and didn't get platinum too. I think they only give X amount at a time.
DeadMoneyWalking is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2009, 04:07 AM   #246
reedcusa
centurion
 
reedcusa's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Location: Preston CT
Posts: 140
re: The Foxwoods Poker Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by DeadMoneyWalking View Post
someone told me that Mohegan is only giving out .50 per hour for 1/2. But I think it is 1 per hour
Your lucky if you get 50 cents an hour..They are still manually inputting the data from bravo to our accounts. I played 500 hours and got a total of 166 pts. My New Years resolution was to come back to FW on principle alone.
reedcusa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2009, 07:46 AM   #247
kak1154
grinder
 
kak1154's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2005
Location: Foxwoods
Posts: 532
re: The Foxwoods Poker Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by LotsOfOuts69 View Post
And I'll just go ahead and assume that you do not get credit for playing on 2 days if I go Friday night and play past midnight into Saturday?

What time if the day does the *new day* actually count?
I'm pretty sure the new day for black card credit starts at 6am, based on the below...

I do know that before the tabletop sign-in computers, every morning at 6am the computer signed everyone out, and the floors would go around to collect everyone's cards and sign them in for the new day. This helped prevent people from just leaving themselves signed in all the time to accrue points.
kak1154 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2009, 02:24 PM   #248
reedcusa
centurion
 
reedcusa's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Location: Preston CT
Posts: 140
re: The Foxwoods Poker Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by kak1154 View Post
I'm pretty sure the new day for black card credit starts at 6am, based on the below...

I do know that before the tabletop sign-in computers, every morning at 6am the computer signed everyone out, and the floors would go around to collect everyone's cards and sign them in for the new day. This helped prevent people from just leaving themselves signed in all the time to accrue points.
ohh the good 'ole days
reedcusa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2009, 03:03 PM   #249
fiveman103
journeyman
 
fiveman103's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Posts: 303
re: The Foxwoods Poker Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dave D View Post
Anyway, what's the word on 10/20 limit, and 5/10 kill?
I was there yesterday... There was two 5/10 games til around 7pm and the main game was still full at 12ish. The 10/20 had one game going with a couple of people on the list most of the night and it broke around 12ish...

There was also two 40/80 games and one 20/40....
fiveman103 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2009, 11:50 PM   #250
Diamond Lie
veteran
 
Diamond Lie's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Posts: 2,775
re: The Foxwoods Poker Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by reedcusa View Post
Your lucky if you get 50 cents an hour..They are still manually inputting the data from bravo to our accounts. I played 500 hours and got a total of 166 pts. My New Years resolution was to come back to FW on principle alone.
Really? Thats crazy. Did you try approaching them about it? I played like 50-60 hours and only got 10 points on my card at Mohegan. The floor told me to go **** myself basically (even though they aknowledged they had a faulty comp system). I refuse to give them my business from hereon.
Diamond Lie is offline   Reply With Quote

Reply
      

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off


Forum Jump


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 10:14 PM.


Powered by vBulletin®
Copyright ©2000 - 2019, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Copyright © 2008-2017, Two Plus Two Interactive
 
 
Poker Players - Streaming Live Online