Two Plus Two Publishing LLC Two Plus Two Publishing LLC
 

Go Back   Two Plus Two Poker Forums > >

Notices

Venues & Communities Discussion of live, legal poker venues, and discussion among players in live poker "neighborhoods."

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-09-2011, 03:54 PM   #201
igga3
centurion
 
igga3's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Location: rocky mnts
Posts: 196
Re: Colorado Poker (Black Hawk, Central City, Cripple Creek)

Quote:
Originally Posted by livephish View Post
Anyone know of special, bigger holiday tourneys going on around mid-December?
GG is running their Colorado State Championship 3 in end of december beginning of january
igga3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2011, 02:40 AM   #202
livephish
enthusiast
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Posts: 75
Re: Colorado Poker (Black Hawk, Central City, Cripple Creek)

Nice. Do you know any specifics about the tournament(s)?
livephish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2011, 10:51 AM   #203
RockiesPokerPlayer
banned
 
Join Date: Sep 2011
Posts: 17
Re: Colorado Poker (Black Hawk, Central City, Cripple Creek)

Quote:
Originally Posted by livephish View Post
Nice. Do you know any specifics about the tournament(s)?
i just saw that it was dec 22 - jan 8 and i think that the main event is a 1k buyin. should be like the last with a bunch of qualifiers and then the main even the last two days.

not sure what the new lodge tourneys will do. isle has the best tournament structures and a ton of them scheduled but people aren't showing up for them. lodge tourneys will be good if they can get the people.

my ameristar comments are few. they're the same. cash games, mediocre comp rate, and nothing new.

i did hear that the isle is now 10-handed for cash games and that they are going to try to promote a 15-30 game and are giving a ton away to 30-60 players in december, if they can get them.

i also heard that the gates did not re-sign with hpt for the spring, but i haven't been able to confirm that yet either. makes sense though since they just sold the casino to affinity and probably can't initiate any new contracts right now. wondering if that new owner is going to keep poker there? if you look at their holdings they are a massive slot operator and don't really have any poker except at buffalo bills and terribles in vegas. each of those only have like 3 or 4 tables and aren't really doing any poker business.

definitely a lot going on behind the scenes in bh over the next few months and its going to be interesting to see how it all shakes out.
RockiesPokerPlayer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2011, 12:59 PM   #204
The Meal
journeyman
 
The Meal's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2006
Posts: 318
Re: Colorado Poker (Black Hawk, Central City, Cripple Creek)

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Meal View Post
If you treat the add-ons like they're part of the buy-in (which they kind of are, since everyone takes them and they give you more chips) [At the Lodge] then the percentage of juice are...
I wanted to come back to this because my math was wrong.

I'm defining the %vig to be: (add-ons + rebuys)/(buy-in + add-ons)
(which implies that the add-ons are universal and should be considered part of the buy-in)

Lodge $60 w/ no add ons: 0% vig (but you'd never do this)
Lodge $60 w/ add-on only: 8% vig (add-on is $5)
Lodge $60 w/ a-o + 1 rebuy: $31% vig (rebuy is $15)
Lodge $100 w/ no add-ons: 0% vig (but you'd never do this)
Lodge $100 w/ add-on only: 9% vig (add-on is $10)
Lodge $100 w/ a-o + 1 rebuy: 27% vig (rebuy is $20)

These numbers are correct.

I've taken 4 rebuys out of 7 entries under this structure. (3*8 + 4*30)/7 = average vig of approximately 21% (more if you rebuy more often than I, less if less).

There, now I can sleep at night again.

Thanks for the info Rockies. I hadn't considered that the new management at the Gates could end up pulling the plug entirely. Seems fairly far-fetched considering that would appear to be a successful room at the moment, but I don't have a lot of experience with how these things typically shake out.
The Meal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2011, 04:24 PM   #205
stumbras
journeyman
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Location: Denver
Posts: 281
Re: Colorado Poker (Black Hawk, Central City, Cripple Creek)

Quote:
Originally Posted by RockiesPokerPlayer View Post

my ameristar comments are few. they're the same. cash games, mediocre comp rate, and nothing new.

i did hear that the isle is now 10-handed for cash games and that they are going to try to promote a 15-30 game and are giving a ton away to 30-60 players in december, if they can get them.
They are wasting time because 30/60 players want to see action and be seen by other people and it is not possible in the hidden Isle poker room. Ameristar casino is in its own league now and to compare it with other casinos is not even fair.
stumbras is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2011, 07:32 PM   #206
atel2525
centurion
 
Join Date: Sep 2010
Posts: 120
Re: Colorado Poker (Black Hawk, Central City, Cripple Creek)

Quote:
Originally Posted by stumbras View Post
They are wasting time because 30/60 players want to see action and be seen by other people and it is not possible in the hidden Isle poker room. Ameristar casino is in its own league now and to compare it with other casinos is not even fair.
Does anyone really think 30/60 guys are ballers? They can't possibly think they are so cool and want to be seen. I wish someone did have stakes like 10/20 or 15/30. Would like to learn limit without starting at 30/60
atel2525 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2011, 08:56 PM   #207
RockiesPokerPlayer
banned
 
Join Date: Sep 2011
Posts: 17
Re: Colorado Poker (Black Hawk, Central City, Cripple Creek)

Quote:
Originally Posted by stumbras View Post
They are wasting time because 30/60 players want to see action and be seen by other people and it is not possible in the hidden Isle poker room. Ameristar casino is in its own league now and to compare it with other casinos is not even fair.
several of the regular 30-60 players were at the isle today playing in a 5-100 and 2-100 omaha game. i was in 2-100 hold em before losing set over set, but definitely saw gates omaha players and ameristar 30-60 players there today.

can you expand on "ameristar is in a league of their own." not sure why they are. is it the really loud annoying music on the weekends or the comps that are less than everywhere else on the hill that draw people there? i'm not trying to be argumentative, i just don't get it with that place.
RockiesPokerPlayer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2011, 11:01 PM   #208
quantph
adept
 
quantph's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Location: Colorado
Posts: 965
Re: Colorado Poker (Black Hawk, Central City, Cripple Creek)

Quote:
Originally Posted by RockiesPokerPlayer View Post
several of the regular 30-60 players were at the isle today playing in a 5-100 and 2-100 omaha game. i was in 2-100 hold em before losing set over set, but definitely saw gates omaha players and ameristar 30-60 players there today.

can you expand on "ameristar is in a league of their own." not sure why they are. is it the really loud annoying music on the weekends or the comps that are less than everywhere else on the hill that draw people there? i'm not trying to be argumentative, i just don't get it with that place.
I heard yesterday from one of the regular GG Omaha/8 5-100 players that the group is irked that they increased the rake, including full rake on "no flop" pot with preflop action, plus rake increased to $5 (or maybe it was $4, I don't recall the details). Also heard that the Lodge was trying to recruit the 30-60 LHE game, apparently one of the regs got banned from A* and needs a new home, uncertain why he chose the Lodge.

as to A*, it's really the only "Vegas-style" casino, with a fancy hotel, spa, pool, etc. that poker room is unbelievably packed these days, with most players being bad to awful.

atel2525: A* often has a 4-8 LHE running, Lodge does too sometimes. I doubt it plays any worse than 30-60 LHE there, as if that was somehow possible.

Last edited by quantph; 11-10-2011 at 11:07 PM.
quantph is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2011, 07:09 AM   #209
stumbras
journeyman
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Location: Denver
Posts: 281
Re: Colorado Poker (Black Hawk, Central City, Cripple Creek)

Quote:
Originally Posted by RockiesPokerPlayer View Post
several of the regular 30-60 players were at the isle today playing in a 5-100 and 2-100 omaha game. i was in 2-100 hold em before losing set over set, but definitely saw gates omaha players and ameristar 30-60 players there today.

can you expand on "ameristar is in a league of their own." not sure why they are. is it the really loud annoying music on the weekends or the comps that are less than everywhere else on the hill that draw people there? i'm not trying to be argumentative, i just don't get it with that place.
It is the nicest casino in BB and it attracts all the richest people and without occasional rich fish 30/60 wouldn't survive.
I know that O8 game is moving to Isle and it is an improvement from rundown GG but I wish they would have 20/40 O8 at Ameristar because it would be goldmine with all rich Asian gamblers.

Last edited by stumbras; 11-11-2011 at 07:30 AM.
stumbras is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2011, 10:39 AM   #210
RockiesPokerPlayer
banned
 
Join Date: Sep 2011
Posts: 17
Re: Colorado Poker (Black Hawk, Central City, Cripple Creek)

Quote:
Originally Posted by stumbras View Post
It is the nicest casino in BB and it attracts all the richest people and without occasional rich fish 30/60 wouldn't survive.
that makes sense. thanks for the answer.
RockiesPokerPlayer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2011, 11:42 AM   #211
mrnuxi
enthusiast
 
mrnuxi's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2010
Location: Boulder CO
Posts: 61
Re: Colorado Poker (Black Hawk, Central City, Cripple Creek)

Quote:
Originally Posted by atel2525 View Post
Does anyone really think 30/60 guys are ballers? They can't possibly think they are so cool and want to be seen. I wish someone did have stakes like 10/20 or 15/30. Would like to learn limit without starting at 30/60
My thoughts EXACTLY!!

It would be tough (and likely stupid) to come from playing only NL for years and then make your first foray into limit poker be at the 30/60 level. I would love to get my feet wet at 10/20, or even 15/30 first.
mrnuxi is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2011, 05:51 PM   #212
atel2525
centurion
 
Join Date: Sep 2010
Posts: 120
Re: Colorado Poker (Black Hawk, Central City, Cripple Creek)

Sucks playing nl for the past few years and I couldn't care less about limit. Now the only viable option for higher stakes is stupid limit poker. I know that 4/8 is around, but that is like watching paint dry. Really would be nice to play 10/20 or 15/30 so don't learn limit again playing 30/60. Better yet, get rid of the stupid 100 cap and make it the new Colorado poker boom like Florida is having. Would be so nice.
atel2525 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2011, 03:57 AM   #213
livephish
enthusiast
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Posts: 75
Re: Colorado Poker (Black Hawk, Central City, Cripple Creek)

[QUOTE=RockiesPokerPlayer;29768561

can you expand on "ameristar is in a league of their own." not sure why they are. is it the really loud annoying music on the weekends or the comps that are less than everywhere else on the hill that draw people there? i'm not trying to be argumentative, i just don't get it with that place.[/QUOTE]


Yeah, how in God's name can they have 30 person waiting lists for every game when I'm there?

I've had good luck there, but still.... Many valid points have been made already about their mediocrity.
livephish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2011, 02:02 PM   #214
stumbras
journeyman
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Location: Denver
Posts: 281
Re: Colorado Poker (Black Hawk, Central City, Cripple Creek)

Anybody coming to start Omaha 8 game at Isle today?
stumbras is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2011, 05:34 PM   #215
stumbras
journeyman
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Location: Denver
Posts: 281
Re: Colorado Poker (Black Hawk, Central City, Cripple Creek)

Quote:
Originally Posted by stumbras View Post
Anybody coming to start Omaha 8 game at Isle today?
2.30pm saturday - isle has 1 table of 1-2 going. No O 8. Ameristar has 12 tables...
GG - 2 cash tables, lodge- 2 tables.

Last edited by stumbras; 11-12-2011 at 05:56 PM.
stumbras is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2011, 12:18 PM   #216
quantph
adept
 
quantph's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Location: Colorado
Posts: 965
Re: Colorado Poker (Black Hawk, Central City, Cripple Creek)

Was anybody at GG on Friday night? I played there last night, one of the dealers told us that some older guy died at the final table of the tournament. The whole room stopped playing, except the Omaha table. Kinda warped.

Did 5-100 O/8 run at Isle at all?
quantph is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2011, 07:11 PM   #217
stumbras
journeyman
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Location: Denver
Posts: 281
Re: Colorado Poker (Black Hawk, Central City, Cripple Creek)

Quote:
Originally Posted by quantph View Post
Was anybody at GG on Friday night? I played there last night, one of the dealers told us that some older guy died at the final table of the tournament. The whole room stopped playing, except the Omaha table. Kinda warped.

Did 5-100 O/8 run at Isle at all?
Thats crazy... They should put his ashes in the room.
I saw bunch of O8 guys playing 30/60 2/5 and 5/10 at Ameristar thus I doubt Omaha 8 was running at Isle( around 3.30 PM Saturday they had empty interest list). If we want to have good Omaha game we have to move it to Ameristar
stumbras is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2011, 06:01 PM   #218
RockiesPokerPlayer
banned
 
Join Date: Sep 2011
Posts: 17
Re: Colorado Poker (Black Hawk, Central City, Cripple Creek)

Quote:
Originally Posted by stumbras View Post
Thats crazy... They should put his ashes in the room.
I saw bunch of O8 guys playing 30/60 2/5 and 5/10 at Ameristar thus I doubt Omaha 8 was running at Isle( around 3.30 PM Saturday they had empty interest list). If we want to have good Omaha game we have to move it to Ameristar
planning on playing in the $5-100 omaha at isle on tuesday at noon. that's the game that's moving there. if you guys wanna play o8 there you need to talk with them. they gave a lot of good incentives for the $5-100 players to come. or just plan a time and everyone show up.
RockiesPokerPlayer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2011, 04:03 AM   #219
boardergirl
stranger
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Posts: 10
Re: Colorado Poker (Black Hawk, Central City, Cripple Creek)

Quote:
Originally Posted by RockiesPokerPlayer View Post
planning on playing in the $5-100 omaha at isle on tuesday at noon. that's the game that's moving there. if you guys wanna play o8 there you need to talk with them. they gave a lot of good incentives for the $5-100 players to come. or just plan a time and everyone show up.
Come on Matt. Do you expect us to believe this gimmick account isn't you? Every post from this account has been a "go, go, go to the the Isle!" promotion and it's so obvious. You got banned for that remember? Have a little dignity for Christ's sake.

Did your GM like the revenue from the WPT?
boardergirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2011, 11:37 PM   #220
igga3
centurion
 
igga3's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Location: rocky mnts
Posts: 196
Re: Colorado Poker (Black Hawk, Central City, Cripple Creek)

Quote:
Originally Posted by boardergirl View Post
Come on Matt. Do you expect us to believe this gimmick account isn't you? Every post from this account has been a "go, go, go to the the Isle!" promotion and it's so obvious. You got banned for that remember? Have a little dignity for Christ's sake.

Did your GM like the revenue from the WPT?
boardergirl account is not better than RockiesPokerPlayer's. Every post from this account is against Isle/Matt. We got your position regarding Isle please stop this or be banned.
igga3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2011, 02:13 PM   #221
stumbras
journeyman
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Location: Denver
Posts: 281
Re: Colorado Poker (Black Hawk, Central City, Cripple Creek)

Quote:
Originally Posted by igga3 View Post
boardergirl account is not better than RockiesPokerPlayer's. Every post from this account is against Isle/Matt. We got your position regarding Isle please stop this or be banned.
+1
stumbras is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2011, 08:07 PM   #222
stumbras
journeyman
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Location: Denver
Posts: 281
Re: Colorado Poker (Black Hawk, Central City, Cripple Creek)

This thread should help us share info and not to bash each other. I Checked all the rooms and it is slow today. O8 is still at Gates and Ameristar has all the other games

Last edited by stumbras; 11-17-2011 at 08:26 PM.
stumbras is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2011, 02:03 PM   #223
GetOnBoard
stranger
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Posts: 3
Re: Colorado Poker (Black Hawk, Central City, Cripple Creek)

Hi, I'm new in Colorado, looking for some place to play cash I ended up going to the Ameristar to play 1-2-100

I don't know if usually the level is like this, but the flop was seen 80%-90% of the hands (10 handed!!!!!!!!!), and players did preflop raises of 5BB that were cold-called by another 3 or 4 more players...

I could keep playing this tables all night long, the level was so bad... was like a jungle... No need to think, only wait for your hand, somebody is going to pay you off...

People defended SB with Queens vs Button, and called 3 streets with an ace on the flop. Also somebody went all in PF with sevens for 100BB vs a TAG player holding kings... I did 4bet half my stack with KK and somebody cold-called me, played check/push flop J66 and quick call by AKo... Limp was absolutely standard... Of course, they limp 97o and flop a str8, Q9o flop 2 pair vs TPTK, etc.

I have to see if 2-5-100 is also like this. I thought 10 handed NL200 was going to be tough because of the regs, but they were so many fishes...

FL30/60 was amazing. Huge pots every hand...

My session went like sh*t, but played solid, so... What can you do, hehe...


BTW I'm from Boulder and I don't mind to share a ride if somebody want to go to Black Hawk some weekend.
GetOnBoard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2011, 02:51 PM   #224
GetOnBoard
stranger
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Posts: 3
Re: Colorado Poker (Black Hawk, Central City, Cripple Creek)

Rivered me a boat vs my flush on the turn... two times... (one time I checked behind and the Chinese guy almost insulted me xDDD).
Overpair vs flopped set... obviously without any kind of odds preflop to do setmining...
Pocket kings vs pocket aces... Wow... Can't believe it...

Tital disaster!! Thanks ameristar xDDDD
GetOnBoard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2011, 05:39 PM   #225
Don't Tase Me Bro
centurion
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Posts: 133
Re: Colorado Poker (Black Hawk, Central City, Cripple Creek)

Quote:
Originally Posted by GetOnBoard View Post
Rivered me a boat vs my flush on the turn... two times... (one time I checked behind and the Chinese guy almost insulted me xDDD).
Overpair vs flopped set... obviously without any kind of odds preflop to do setmining...
Pocket kings vs pocket aces... Wow... Can't believe it...

Tital disaster!! Thanks ameristar xDDDD
Your writing is a "tital disaster". Thanks XDDDD
Don't Tase Me Bro is offline   Reply With Quote

Reply
      

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off


Forum Jump


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 06:11 AM.


Powered by vBulletin®
Copyright ©2000 - 2017, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Copyright © 2008-2017, Two Plus Two Interactive
 
 
Poker Players - Streaming Live Online