Two Plus Two Publishing LLC
Two Plus Two Publishing LLC
 

Go Back   Two Plus Two Poker Forums > >

Notices

Venues & Communities Discussion of live, legal poker venues, and discussion among players in live poker "neighborhoods."

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-02-2021, 07:04 PM   #29876
HomeStar
veteran
 
HomeStar's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2003
Location: I miss the world :(
Posts: 2,127
Re: Borgata Hotel Casino & Spa (Atlantic City, NJ) -- FAQ in OP, updated 2021.04.12

Quote:
Originally Posted by ecred View Post
NYC area poker players aren't going to make the trip if they can't get comped rooms. There are closer, more convenient options for us already, with more expected to be in the pipeline in a few years.
Yep. I live in Manhattan and without free rooms, I'd rather play elsewhere. Considering other options not being able to use my comp dollars for resort fees now, as well.
HomeStar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2021, 09:05 PM   #29877
Lunkwill
journeyman
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Posts: 258
Re: Borgata Hotel Casino & Spa (Atlantic City, NJ) -- FAQ in OP, updated 2021.04.12

Quote:
Originally Posted by HomeStar View Post
Yep. I live in Manhattan and without free rooms, I'd rather play elsewhere. Considering other options not being able to use my comp dollars for resort fees now, as well.
I agree!
The only way to get a message to Borgata is to "vote with your feet" and play elsewhere....
Lunkwill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2021, 09:26 PM   #29878
HomeStar
veteran
 
HomeStar's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2003
Location: I miss the world :(
Posts: 2,127
Re: Borgata Hotel Casino & Spa (Atlantic City, NJ) -- FAQ in OP, updated 2021.04.12

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lunkwill View Post
I agree!

The only way to get a message to Borgata is to "vote with your feet" and play elsewhere....
Yep. If the free rooms disappear, I absolutely will not play here going forward.
HomeStar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2021, 09:34 PM   #29879
Playbig2000
Carpal \'Tunnel
 
Playbig2000's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Posts: 8,470
Re: Borgata Hotel Casino & Spa (Atlantic City, NJ) -- FAQ in OP, updated 2021.04.12

Quote:
Originally Posted by HomeStar View Post
Yep. If the free rooms disappear, I absolutely will not play here going forward.
The funny thing is as I got to know a lot of the regs there, most of them to my surprise are from Staten Island, NYC, or north jersey (and some of them also told me they're not going back if the comps disappear, including myself).
Playbig2000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2021, 10:42 PM   #29880
synapse
journeyman
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Posts: 268
Re: Borgata Hotel Casino & Spa (Atlantic City, NJ) -- FAQ in OP, updated 2021.04.12

I can live with the annoying MGM style comp system but I'm not paying for rooms. That said I'm still seeing weekends (next 3) comped for now.

Sent from my Pixel 4a (5G) using Tapatalk
synapse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2021, 10:48 PM   #29881
HomeStar
veteran
 
HomeStar's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2003
Location: I miss the world :(
Posts: 2,127
Re: Borgata Hotel Casino & Spa (Atlantic City, NJ) -- FAQ in OP, updated 2021.04.12

Quote:
Originally Posted by Playbig2000 View Post
The funny thing is as I got to know a lot of the regs there, most of them to my surprise are from Staten Island, NYC, or north jersey (and some of them also told me they're not going back if the comps disappear, including myself).
Not surprising to me at all. If there was legal poker in or around NYC, Borgata and all of AC would lose half their players over night
HomeStar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2021, 11:45 PM   #29882
Playbig2000
Carpal \'Tunnel
 
Playbig2000's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Posts: 8,470
Re: Borgata Hotel Casino & Spa (Atlantic City, NJ) -- FAQ in OP, updated 2021.04.12

Quote:
Originally Posted by synapse View Post
I can live with the annoying MGM style comp system but I'm not paying for rooms. That said I'm still seeing weekends (next 3) comped for now.

Sent from my Pixel 4a (5G) using Tapatalk
I am as well It's just speculation that if they're changing their comp system by not adding our time into the main comp system we might not get those rooms anymore. Does MGMNH give away comped rooms based solely on playing poker? I played there a lot over the summer and wasn't even given a discount.

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk
Playbig2000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2021, 02:15 AM   #29883
borg23
Carpal \'Tunnel
 
Join Date: Nov 2012
Posts: 10,166
Re: Borgata Hotel Casino & Spa (Atlantic City, NJ) -- FAQ in OP, updated 2021.04.12

Quote:
Originally Posted by prototypepariah View Post
They should be embarrassed how much of a gong show the last couple YEARS were...
FYP
borg23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2021, 02:17 AM   #29884
borg23
Carpal \'Tunnel
 
Join Date: Nov 2012
Posts: 10,166
Re: Borgata Hotel Casino & Spa (Atlantic City, NJ) -- FAQ in OP, updated 2021.04.12

Quote:
Originally Posted by sirpupnyc View Post
They couldn't before, either. A few years ago I was trying to chase down TCs that were very sluggish showing up, and the rewards desk couldn't see anything to even tell there was a problem. The poker system might be more separate now, but it was already separate.
rewards desk could always see your comp balance now they can't

curuous if the poker comps i already had with be usable to pay for resort fees

pretty sure i'll only be going to this dumpster fire of room when they get wpt series again

edit: pretty sure i can as my old comp balance shows on their website

best part:

Express Comps are the fastest and most convenient way for you to comp yourself at MGM Resorts International hotels, dining outlets, or entertainment venues.

Yup so switch to a horrible system that also requires dealing with employees who are mostly beyond useless and incompetent

Last edited by borg23; 05-03-2021 at 02:27 AM.
borg23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2021, 06:21 AM   #29885
Playbig2000
Carpal \'Tunnel
 
Playbig2000's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Posts: 8,470
Re: Borgata Hotel Casino & Spa (Atlantic City, NJ) -- FAQ in OP, updated 2021.04.12

Quote:
Originally Posted by borg23 View Post

edit: pretty sure i can as my old comp balance shows on their website
Yes I had a few bucks left that I was able to use up.





Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk
Playbig2000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2021, 06:47 PM   #29886
foldaholic
newbie
 
Join Date: Feb 2011
Posts: 31
Re: Borgata Hotel Casino & Spa (Atlantic City, NJ) -- FAQ in OP, updated 2021.04.12

Any news or rumours on when poker tournaments will be returning? Planning a trip soon and it would be nice to play.
foldaholic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2021, 08:18 PM   #29887
Playbig2000
Carpal \'Tunnel
 
Playbig2000's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Posts: 8,470
Re: Borgata Hotel Casino & Spa (Atlantic City, NJ) -- FAQ in OP, updated 2021.04.12

FYI We (meaning me who only plays poker, zero tables or slots, don't know if it pertains to table game guests) can now only book 6 comps withing a 21 day period. This includes past weekends/days that we already stayed.
Playbig2000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2021, 04:49 PM   #29888
Jkpoker10
veteran
 
Join Date: May 2012
Posts: 2,108
Re: Borgata Hotel Casino & Spa (Atlantic City, NJ) -- FAQ in OP, updated 2021.04.12

Quote:
Originally Posted by foldaholic View Post
Any news or rumours on when poker tournaments will be returning? Planning a trip soon and it would be nice to play.
+1 to this. Are tournaments ever coming back in the northeast? I assume with the fact people are getting vaccinated along with dropping Covid numbers, tournaments will be offered sooner than later. I would guess late summer/ fall but who knows. Def by 2022 bc it seems Covid is going away.
Jkpoker10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2021, 10:33 PM   #29889
Llorton
centurion
 
Join Date: Aug 2019
Posts: 115
Re: Borgata Hotel Casino & Spa (Atlantic City, NJ) -- FAQ in OP, updated 2021.04.12

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jkpoker10 View Post
+1 to this. Are tournaments ever coming back in the northeast? I assume with the fact people are getting vaccinated along with dropping Covid numbers, tournaments will be offered sooner than later. I would guess late summer/ fall but who knows. Def by 2022 bc it seems Covid is going away.
They are running a tournament series at Maryland Live so i don't see YNOT Borgata soon
Llorton is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2021, 02:09 AM   #29890
prototypepariah
veteran
 
prototypepariah's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2011
Posts: 2,087
Re: Borgata Hotel Casino & Spa (Atlantic City, NJ) -- FAQ in OP, updated 2021.04.12

Will be very telling of the poker players over next few weeks with summer nearing, but full capacity returning.

Do you need to go to podium to get comps or is that " temporary" thing over?
prototypepariah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2021, 09:28 AM   #29891
kc1988
enthusiast
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Posts: 71
Re: Borgata Hotel Casino & Spa (Atlantic City, NJ) -- FAQ in OP, updated 2021.04.12

For those who have stayed at Borgota recently and only played poker, did your room comps disappear or stayed the same?
kc1988 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2021, 11:57 AM   #29892
DonJuan
old hand
 
DonJuan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Location: Bored of waiting
Posts: 1,488
Re: Borgata Hotel Casino & Spa (Atlantic City, NJ) -- FAQ in OP, updated 2021.04.12

All this change seem bad business to the poker players but it might make perfect sense to the casino short term. Before they needed poker players(free comps room+points) to make the casino looks pack, jack up the room price for tourist. Most likely covid restriction is still in so less room available so they don't need poker players as much. Have you guys seen all local hotels surrounding AC,Ocean City etc. It all +300 weekday +450 weekend now for the next few months. And then there the business side of poker room. They don't "make" as much money compare to pit games, slots. Yes 9 dollar per x 7 a half. Yes they make 18/hour off the pro but guess how much top average pro are making per hour. It not a one way love affair here.
DonJuan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2021, 11:59 AM   #29893
Playbig2000
Carpal \'Tunnel
 
Playbig2000's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Posts: 8,470
Re: Borgata Hotel Casino & Spa (Atlantic City, NJ) -- FAQ in OP, updated 2021.04.12

Quote:
Originally Posted by kc1988 View Post
For those who have stayed at Borgota recently and only played poker, did your room comps disappear or stayed the same?
I stayed last weekend, and I was able to comp more weekends when I got home but we're now capped at comping 6 days max for every 21 days. However, since our points don't go on our cards anymore, it's gonna be a wait and see situation to see if we still get them long term, even though we can't pay the fees with our comps anymore.

Also you have to call because I was still able to comp saturday night while it was showing 269. The waits on the phone are sometimes ridiculous though.
Playbig2000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2021, 01:46 PM   #29894
fast11375
veteran
 
fast11375's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Location: WSOP.NJ
Posts: 2,470
Re: Borgata Hotel Casino & Spa (Atlantic City, NJ) -- FAQ in OP, updated 2021.04.12

Quote:
Originally Posted by DonJuan View Post
All this change seem bad business to the poker players but it might make perfect sense to the casino short term. Before they needed poker players(free comps room+points) to make the casino looks pack, jack up the room price for tourist. Most likely covid restriction is still in so less room available so they don't need poker players as much. Have you guys seen all local hotels surrounding AC,Ocean City etc. It all +300 weekday +450 weekend now for the next few months. And then there the business side of poker room. They don't "make" as much money compare to pit games, slots. Yes 9 dollar per x 7 a half. Yes they make 18/hour off the pro but guess how much top average pro are making per hour. It not a one way love affair here.

Agreed. Poker has always been a loss leader. The revenue is $100/hr per table at full capacity but after you take out cost (dealers, floor, security/cleaners, equipment, rent and overhead) thereís not much left. Compared to slots/craps/blackjack, itís peanuts. Only good thing it does is driving foot traffic to the casino...
fast11375 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2021, 05:44 PM   #29895
fast11375
veteran
 
fast11375's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Location: WSOP.NJ
Posts: 2,470
Re: Borgata Hotel Casino & Spa (Atlantic City, NJ) -- FAQ in OP, updated 2021.04.12

How would the Bad Beat payout work 3 handed? Given the table share is 60%, would the guy not in the hand get more than the jackpot winners?
fast11375 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2021, 05:55 PM   #29896
sirpupnyc
old hand
 
Join Date: Jun 2005
Location: Brooklyn
Posts: 1,520
Re: Borgata Hotel Casino & Spa (Atlantic City, NJ) -- FAQ in OP, updated 2021.04.12

No jackpot with only three dealt in. Minimum four. And table share is 40%.
sirpupnyc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2021, 06:09 PM   #29897
fast11375
veteran
 
fast11375's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Location: WSOP.NJ
Posts: 2,470
Re: Borgata Hotel Casino & Spa (Atlantic City, NJ) -- FAQ in OP, updated 2021.04.12

Thatís lame, no wonder people donít play 3 handed
fast11375 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2021, 09:01 PM   #29898
Pappa G
newbie
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Posts: 43
Re: Borgata Hotel Casino & Spa (Atlantic City, NJ) -- FAQ in OP, updated 2021.04.12

Would still love to know if there is any chance poker players will continue to earn tier points playing poker at Borgata.
Pappa G is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2021, 11:20 AM   #29899
repaupo
centurion
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Posts: 160
Re: Borgata Hotel Casino & Spa (Atlantic City, NJ) -- FAQ in OP, updated 2021.04.12

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pappa G View Post
Would still love to know if there is any chance poker players will continue to earn tier points playing poker at Borgata.
Good question. I guess we all need to ask the Poker Room Manager what's going on.
repaupo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2021, 03:06 PM   #29900
Playbig2000
Carpal \'Tunnel
 
Playbig2000's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Posts: 8,470
Re: Borgata Hotel Casino & Spa (Atlantic City, NJ) -- FAQ in OP, updated 2021.04.12

I now have express comps in my acc't from my last trip! I won't know until the end of my session today (or break) if they're back or if there's a one week lag.
Playbig2000 is offline   Reply With Quote

Reply
      

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off


Forum Jump


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 03:52 PM.


Powered by vBulletin®
Copyright ©2000 - 2021, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Copyright © 2008-2020, Two Plus Two Interactive