Two Plus Two Publishing LLC
Two Plus Two Publishing LLC
 

Go Back   Two Plus Two Poker Forums > >

Notices

Venues & Communities Discussion of live, legal poker venues, and discussion among players in live poker "neighborhoods."

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-12-2009, 09:22 AM   #101
sirlurkalot
journeyman
 
sirlurkalot's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2007
Location: House of Black & White
Posts: 359
re: Borgata Poker Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by esch View Post

The "comped room allocation" is probably not connected to any black card benefit. It's much more likely related (95%+) to whatever got you your black card status in one day.
not likely from poker. This sounds like slots play comp, unless the guy is super high stakes fish and other players are begging staff to give him rooms.

I haven't tried it myself, but have heard some reliable regs talk up large comps for marginal amount of slots play. Someone would have to make a strong math-based argument before I dump a single dime into a slot. We all know casino's lifeblood is from slots, so I look at it very skeptically.

Some rooms are getting comped to 20/40+ LHE and 5/10+ NLHE black card players, but it isn't all of them, and hours clearly matter.
sirlurkalot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2009, 12:26 PM   #102
girlypro
enthusiast
 
girlypro's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: taking a bubblebath!
Posts: 56
re: Borgata Poker Thread

http://www.pressofatlanticcity.com/1...ry/426102.html

ATLANTIC CITY The Water Club, the boutique hotel at Borgata Hotel Casino & Spa that brought ultraluxe lodgings to Atlantic City right before the recession hit, is the latest casualty of the economic meltdown.
Borgata will take most of the Water Club’s 800 rooms out of service during slower midweek days in response to declining business, The Press of Atlantic City has learned.

Rooms will be closed on most Tuesdays, Wednesdays and Thurs-days starting next week and continuing through April, according to Rob Stillwell, a spokesman for Borgata’s parent company, Boyd Gaming Corp.
girlypro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2009, 12:31 PM   #103
cl0r0x70
veteran
 
cl0r0x70's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2006
Location: posting poker goals and challenges
Posts: 3,324
re: Borgata Poker Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by girlypro View Post
http://www.pressofatlanticcity.com/1...ry/426102.html

ATLANTIC CITY The Water Club, the boutique hotel at Borgata Hotel Casino & Spa that brought ultraluxe lodgings to Atlantic City right before the recession hit, is the latest casualty of the economic meltdown.
Borgata will take most of the Water Club’s 800 rooms out of service during slower midweek days in response to declining business, The Press of Atlantic City has learned.

Rooms will be closed on most Tuesdays, Wednesdays and Thurs-days starting next week and continuing through April, according to Rob Stillwell, a spokesman for Borgata’s parent company, Boyd Gaming Corp.
It's the hotel, slots, and floor games that are all down; the poker room is fine. I was there last night (Wednesday) and it was packed. In fact, I think it's a bit better than it was a month or two ago.
cl0r0x70 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2009, 07:05 PM   #104
Bremen
Carpal \'Tunnel
 
Bremen's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2004
Location: Please Sir, I want some more fish.
Posts: 15,797
re: Borgata Poker Thread

I'm not so sure about that. My last few trips the 40 went much later than it usually does. OTOH most of the better regs don't seem to show up either, which makes for better games. Wed when I left (5PM) neither the 40 or 10/20NL were running...
Bremen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2009, 07:08 PM   #105
cl0r0x70
veteran
 
cl0r0x70's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2006
Location: posting poker goals and challenges
Posts: 3,324
re: Borgata Poker Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bremen View Post
I'm not so sure about that. My last few trips the 40 went much later than it usually does. OTOH most of the better regs don't seem to show up either, which makes for better games. Wed when I left (5PM) neither the 40 or 10/20NL were running...
I think you're mistaken. I showed up at 4:30PM and there was a 10/20NL game running the entire time I was there until I left at 1 AM.
cl0r0x70 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2009, 08:51 PM   #106
Bremen
Carpal \'Tunnel
 
Bremen's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2004
Location: Please Sir, I want some more fish.
Posts: 15,797
re: Borgata Poker Thread

Perhaps... I know at one point it wasn't running as the other guys playing 20 were commenting on it
Bremen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2009, 05:23 PM   #107
jkeats
centurion
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Posts: 178
re: Borgata Poker Thread

Quote:
Doing exactly what? If i may ask.
A day of purple chip blackjack when I was rolled for it (i.e. before Lehman Brothers, for whom I worked for 10 years, went bankrupt and took 80% of my net worth with it).

Quote:
unless the guy is super high stakes fish and other players are begging staff to give him rooms.
LOL - I love this theory though!
jkeats is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2009, 11:44 AM   #108
Kevroc
Chubby Chaser
 
Kevroc's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2004
Location: New York
Posts: 20,353
re: Borgata Poker Thread

I just finished an 18 hour session there, my trip was ruined by a gutshot river when the guy misread his hand and called my shove with 4 outs.

I'm just chiming in here to say that the dealer "Diane" is hawt.

That is all.
Kevroc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2009, 12:52 PM   #109
ship_it_trebek
Pooh-Bah
 
ship_it_trebek's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Location: V is a Roman numeral
Posts: 3,891
re: Borgata Poker Thread

Its annoying to get her though, as the feeble attempts to hit on her grow old pretty quickly.
ship_it_trebek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2009, 01:02 PM   #110
Kevroc
Chubby Chaser
 
Kevroc's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2004
Location: New York
Posts: 20,353
re: Borgata Poker Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by ship_it_trebek View Post
Its annoying to get her though, as the feeble attempts to hit on her grow old pretty quickly.
She is fast, friendly and in my experience, ALL the females get hit on and its lame.

I'm married with 3 kids, so I'm not hitting on anybody.

I just thought she was very attractive and it makes the losing sting a little less when there is a pretty face to look at, lol.
Kevroc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2009, 01:19 PM   #111
VisAW
grinder
 
VisAW's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Location: DC
Posts: 480
re: Borgata Poker Thread

I'm a fan of Nicole, if we're talking about hot Borgata dealers.
VisAW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2009, 11:44 AM   #112
nos61584
stranger
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Posts: 1
re: Borgata Poker Thread

Hi 2+2 community,

This is my first post on these forums have been on 2+2 for a while just reading. Enjoy all the different type of posts on here.

I will be going to Borgata tonight. Anyone have any insight on how the 1/2 NL tables on a Monday night are? Any insight would be great. Thanks.
nos61584 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2009, 08:00 PM   #113
Kevroc
Chubby Chaser
 
Kevroc's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2004
Location: New York
Posts: 20,353
re: Borgata Poker Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by nos61584 View Post
Hi 2+2 community,

This is my first post on these forums have been on 2+2 for a while just reading. Enjoy all the different type of posts on here.

I will be going to Borgata tonight. Anyone have any insight on how the 1/2 NL tables on a Monday night are? Any insight would be great. Thanks.
I'm gonna guess and say they might be nitty.. I played Friday AND Saturday night and there was open seating.. I've NEVER seen open seating on a weekend.. so I can only imagine how quiet it would be on weekdays.

Next time I go, I'll try the donkaments.. dont get me wrong, the 1/2 was still soft but, not as soft as I remember.
Kevroc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2009, 09:56 PM   #114
thadarkman78
old hand
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Posts: 1,314
re: Borgata Poker Thread

Well you figure Rutgers has spring break this week, you might see a bit of increase in traffic from some college people, not to mention they have the whole 500k tourney this week, I'm sure that'll pull some more people into the room.
thadarkman78 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2009, 03:03 AM   #115
stakman1011
Carpal \'Tunnel
 
stakman1011's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Posts: 10,492
re: Borgata Poker Thread

Anyone think St. Patrick's Day is going to see lots of drunk people stumbling into the room around 10 pm to 4 am. I hope so.
stakman1011 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2009, 10:51 AM   #116
Dr. Spaceman
worth 1000 words
 
Dr. Spaceman's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Location: Manhattan
Posts: 7,978
re: Borgata Poker Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kevroc View Post
I'm gonna guess and say they might be nitty.. I played Friday AND Saturday night and there was open seating.. I've NEVER seen open seating on a weekend.. so I can only imagine how quiet it would be on weekdays.

Next time I go, I'll try the donkaments.. dont get me wrong, the 1/2 was still soft but, not as soft as I remember.
You were able to sneak away from the wife finally?
Dr. Spaceman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2009, 12:19 AM   #117
Vandergata
grinder
 
Vandergata's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Location: half way thru a prop bet.
Posts: 649
re: Borgata Poker Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by ship_it_trebek View Post
Its annoying to get her though, as the feeble attempts to hit on her grow old pretty quickly.
is she the taller girl with blondish hair?
I remember (her or a dealer who was tall, with long blondish hair) and there was about 3 drunks at the game... they laid it on THICK for the full 30min! lol
Vandergata is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2009, 01:55 AM   #118
Kevroc
Chubby Chaser
 
Kevroc's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2004
Location: New York
Posts: 20,353
re: Borgata Poker Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr. Spaceman View Post
You were able to sneak away from the wife finally?
lol sneak? I was thrown out for the weekend!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vandergata View Post
is she the taller girl with blondish hair?
I remember (her or a dealer who was tall, with long blondish hair) and there was about 3 drunks at the game... they laid it on THICK for the full 30min! lol
Nah, she is avg height, brown hair, dark eyes, beautiful smile, I'm normally in the minority with my taste but, she was supercute and not heavy at all.. as opposed to what fits in my wheelhouse.

I logged like 20 table hours, so I got alot of dealers.. I do remember a blond named Elizabeth.. straight hair, cute enough but, not my type at all and too much makeup.
Kevroc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2009, 03:10 AM   #119
ship_it_trebek
Pooh-Bah
 
ship_it_trebek's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Location: V is a Roman numeral
Posts: 3,891
re: Borgata Poker Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kevroc View Post
lol sneak? I was thrown out for the weekend!



Nah, she is avg height, brown hair, dark eyes, beautiful smile, I'm normally in the minority with my taste but, she was supercute and not heavy at all.. as opposed to what fits in my wheelhouse.

I logged like 20 table hours, so I got alot of dealers.. I do remember a blond named Elizabeth.. straight hair, cute enough but, not my type at all and too much makeup.
Yep that pretty much describes her. I share your opinion as well.
ship_it_trebek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2009, 12:24 PM   #120
ReyzorXxX
old hand
 
ReyzorXxX's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2008
Location: Delivering 1000 Bitch Slaps per sec
Posts: 1,402
re: Borgata Poker Thread

Are the Cash games loose @ 2-5 on Wednesdays there like the weekends because of the Guaranteed Tourneys or the regular nits still occupy the tables like the rest of the weekdays?
ReyzorXxX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2009, 09:24 AM   #121
Pauky
old hand
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Location: But they're sooooted!
Posts: 1,217
Borgata Tourney's

I was going to play in The Borgata's $500,000 guaranteed tournament this weekend, but something came up where I likely will miss out. I can’t remember, but does anyone know if The B hosts these type tourney’s more than once per year?

Thanks.
Pauky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2009, 10:20 AM   #122
Shagadelic
adept
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Location: NYC
Posts: 847
re: Borgata Poker Thread

Yes they do, they have probably 4 deepstack (1500 plus) buy in tourneys ever year
Shagadelic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2009, 03:32 PM   #123
cl0r0x70
veteran
 
cl0r0x70's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2006
Location: posting poker goals and challenges
Posts: 3,324
re: Borgata Poker Thread

I can only think of two Borgata dealers that I would classify as "cute", one is asian and the other looks to be hispanic (dark complexion with chestnut brown hair.) The hispanic one has a really unique, palm-down pitching style. I can't recall a hot blonde dealer there, but I have a pretty crappy memory sometimes.

Headed out tonight. Really excited about the warmer weather, spring breaks, and upcoming summer traffic. . . .
cl0r0x70 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2009, 05:29 PM   #124
VAtoAC
centurion
 
VAtoAC's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Location: Location:
Posts: 173
re: Borgata Poker Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by cl0r0x70 View Post
I can only think of two Borgata dealers that I would classify as "cute", one is asian and the other looks to be hispanic (dark complexion with chestnut brown hair.) The hispanic one has a really unique, palm-down pitching style. I can't recall a hot blonde dealer there, but I have a pretty crappy memory sometimes.

Headed out tonight. Really excited about the warmer weather, spring breaks, and upcoming summer traffic. . . .
I would say there are a few more than just those two as far as cute dealers go, but I agree on the hispanic one. I think she is the only one that deals like that. It's definitely unique, I think the only other time I've seen that kind of dealing is watching one of the WPT events from Europe.
VAtoAC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2009, 06:04 PM   #125
p566
Pooh-Bah
 
p566's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: too far from the casinos
Posts: 3,685
re: Borgata Poker Thread

What is the 5/10 LHE like these days? Does it run regularly? Is it a multi-way loose-passive game like 2/4 and 3/6 or are there some good players?
p566 is offline   Reply With Quote

Reply
      

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off


Forum Jump


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 02:45 AM.


Powered by vBulletin®
Copyright ©2000 - 2019, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Copyright © 2008-2017, Two Plus Two Interactive
 
 
Poker Players - Streaming Live Online